Luhan - Nervous First Date and Rainy Evening

EXO One-shots

I was waiting at the time square. It was a rather warm afternoon in the middle of September so I was wearing a pair of light blue, stonewashed jeans and a white t-shirt under my thin sweatshirt. I looked at the clock again.

5 minutes left… why did I leave home so early?

I wrung my hands in front of me and looked around the place to see people rush past me. I looked again at the clock on my phone and turned around when I felt a tap on my shoulder. A smile broke out on my lips when I saw Luhan standing behind me. I turned around to face him and a blush crept up my cheeks, I still couldn’t believe that Luhan had asked me out earlier that day.

“So are you ready to go?” he asked while an unsure smile played at his lips.

Was he nervous like me? No, he couldn’t…

I nodded and we started walking, we walked beside each other and our hands brushed at each other as we walked together but I didn’t dare to take his hand. I could feel Luhan’s hand brush against mine and the how his fingers carefully, as if testing, held onto mine. His fingers curled around mine and I felt how the blush grew deeper on my face when I curled my own fingers around his.

He got more courage of my reaction and took my hand fully into his and squeezed it carefully and I squeezed it back.

We walked into the shopping center and took the elevator to the top floor. We around the floor, looking at different places to eat at and we finally settled at an Italian restaurant. Luhan pulled out my chair for me and I sat down and then he jogged over to the other side of the small table.

We took up the menus and I looked at the different kinds of pastas and pizzas and other types of food.

“Wh-What are you having Meizhen?” Luhan asked and I looked over at him as he scanned the menu.

“Uh… I’m thinking of ordering the Pasta Carbonara I think” I answered and looked over at him as he read the menu.

“Okay… I think I’m going to take that one too” he said and looked up at me. I nodded and shyly looked away and the waiter came.

“Are you ready to order?” she asked and looked at us with a serene smile.

“Uh, yes. Two Pasta Carbonara.” Luhan said and the girl noted down our orders.

“And something to drink?” she asked, looking at me and then at Luhan.

“A soda” I said and she nodded and looked over at Luhan.

“The same” he said and the girl nodded before taking our menus and turning to the kitchen. I looked at Luhan and he looked around the restaurant. I gulped and looked down at my hands in my lap and bit my bottom lip.

“Uh, how did it go at the exams?” Luhan asked and I looked up at him.

“I’m not really sure. I feel like I didn’t study enough for the math test so I probably failed that one.” I said while sighing.

“I’m sure you did great” Luhan said with a smile on his lips. I smiled a little and felt a little better inside.

“What about you?” I asked and looked at Luhan. He looked at me and sighed.

“The math part felt pretty good, but the English didn’t go so well.” He said and shook his head. The waiter came back with our drinks and placed them on the table. I sipped a little at my drink and then that awkward silence grew between us.

“I’ll be right back” Luhan said and stood up, heading for the restrooms.

I looked around the restaurant and I spotted someone I really didn’t want to see sitting in the restaurant.

Lin. She was a girl in our school who was always bullying me in school and she was always all over Luhan and his friends. I turned and looked at another direction but she had caught sight of me. I heard the sound of her high heels against the floor closing in on me and then she stood there.

“Well isn’t it nice to see you here, Meizhen” she said and I looked at her. She was standing by the table with her hands on her hips. I didn’t say anything and looked down at my lap again.

“Are you here all by yourself?” she asked and chuckled.

“No-“

“She’s here with me” came a voice from behind Lin and she turned around. Luhan looked at me and gave me a small smile before glaring at Lin.

“Luhan, why would you be out eating with a loser like Meizhen?” she asked. I hated how she said my name with a voice dripping with disgust.

“Because she isn’t a loser. She’s a nice and sweet girl” Luhan said and I blushed, looking at my lap again.

“Sure, sure. Why don’t you leave her and join me instead?” Lin asked and grabbed onto Luhan’s arm but he shook it off.

“No thank you, I prefer staying with Meizhen.” He said and sat down. Lin narrowed her eyes at me and then she left us and got her friends and they left the restaurant, but not after giving me a disgusted look.

“I’m sorry” I mumbled and looked down at my lap again.

“Don’t be. It’s Lin who was being an idiot” he said and looked at me and held out his hand. I looked at him and he smiled and I put my hand in his and he squeezed it lightly. I managed a smile and at that moment the waiter came back with our food. We started eating and enjoyed the food.

We started talking more and more as we grew more comfortable and we finished our food. Luhan paid and I thanked him before we left the restaurant and walked around the rest of the mall. We went to the arcade and played around.

“I’m going to win something for you, okay?” Luhan said and I looked at him.

“You-You don’t need to-“

“I want to” he said with a smile and took my hand and walked me over to a claw machine. “Which one do you want?” he asked and I looked at the different plushies on the other side of the glass.

“Hm… that one!” I said and pointed at a white bunny. He nodded and put a coin in the machine, then he started steering the claw and I looked as he lowered it toward the bunny and the claw hugged the bunny and it rose upward. Luhan turned to me and I smiled like an idiot but then the bunny fell down.

“What?!” Luhan yelled out and I sighed.

“It’s fine” I said.

“No, I’m getting you that!” he said as he pulled out another coin and put it in the machine and he started steering the claw again. We looked at it as it dipped down and grabbed the bunny again. I hear how he silently said ‘come on’ multiple times as the claw rose up and started making its way to the hole where it would come out. But once again it slipped out of the claw after half the way.

I tried to convince Luhan that he didn’t need to get it but he told me that he wanted to. So he ended up trying 3 times more before the bunny actually was in the hole and then in his hands.

He took it up and handed it to me.

“Thank you” I said and hugged the bunny to my chest and Luhan smiled. I blushed a little as I stood up on my tip toes and kissed his cheek softly and he stiffened when I did that. Then he grabbed my hand and we started walking out of the mall. It was already pretty late so he told me that he’d take me home. We walked through Beijing hand in hand while talking. Suddenly it started raining heavily and we ran to my apartment building.

We ran into the lobby and stood there for a while.

“Seems like it won’t stop raining for a while” I said and looked outside.

“Yeah…” he said and I looked down at my shoes.

“Would you- Would you like to stay over for the night?” I asked and he looked at me. ”I mean, since it’s raining”

“S-sure” he said and I nodded. We took the elevator up to the apartment where I lived and I took out my keys.

“My family has gone over se, so they aren’t home” I explained as I opened the door and stepped inside and the lights in the hall. Luhan walked inside and closed the door and we took of our shoes.

“I’ll go look if I can find some kind of clothes for you to wear, I think my brother have some clothes that’ll fit you” I said and Luhan nodded and I ran into my brother’s room and looked through his closet. I took a white t-shirt and a pair of basketball shorts he had left at home when they left for the states a few days ago.

I walked back to the living room and found Luhan sitting on the couch, looking around the room.

“Uh, the bathroom is over there and here are the clothes.” I said and handed him the clothes. He nodded and stood up and walked over to the bathroom and I went to my own room. I changed from my current clothes into a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt and walked out to the kitchen.  I heard the bathroom door open and Luhan came out. The T-shirt hung on him as my brother was bigger in built and Luhan was pretty small built.

“Do you want some tea?” I asked and he looked over at me as he placed his clothes, that he had folded neatly, on the armrest of the couch and he nodded.

“Yes, thank you”

I made us a cup of tea each and then walked over to the living room and handed Luhan his cup. I sat down beside him on the couch and looked out the window. The rain was smattering on the window and an occasional rumble was heard.  I place my cup of tea on the table in front of us and continued to look out the window.

“Meizhen?” Luhan said and I turned to look at Luhan. Before I got to even register what happened Luhan pressed his lips against mine and I froze. Then I slowly closed my eyes and softened under the pressure of his lips and answered the kiss. I felt Luhan’s hand on mine and he squeezed gently.

I put my right hand on his shoulder and he placed his other hand on my hip. Our lips molded together in harmony and I trailed my hand from his shoulder to play with his hair at the back of his neck. We pulled away and looked at each other panting with ridiculous smiles on our faces.

~

I woke up the next morning by my alarm and turned it off before sitting up. I looked to my side and saw Luhan lying there. I smiled a little and blushed before I started shaking his shoulder.

“Luhan” I said softly and he stirred and buried his face in the pillow.

“Luhan, we have school in an hour” I said and shook him some more. He sat up groaning and I looked at his bed hair. His hair stood to every direction and I giggled a little and Luhan patted his head to flatten it out. I stood up and walked over to my closet and pulled out my clothes.

Luhan stood up and rubbed his eyes. He walked out to the living room and I closed the door and changed. I then opened the door and looked into the living room, Luhan was dressed in the clothes he wore last night and I walked out to the bathroom and brushed my hair before putting it in a ponytail.  I walked out to the kitchen and looked inside the fridge, I pulled out some eggs and bacon and started making breakfast.

I heard Luhan come inside.

“Can I help you with anything?” he asked and I looked at him.

“Could you take out some plates and cups from that cabinet?” I asked and pointed out where he would find them and he walked over to it and pulled out two plates and cups which he then settled on the table. Then he started looking through the drawers, probably looking for some knives and forks. He found them and pulled them out and placed them on the table. I finished making the breakfast and we sat down to eat them.

After eating and making ourselves ready we went out and walked towards school. We stopped by Luhan’s house and he changed clothes and got his school bag and then we walked to school. Luhan took my hand in his and intertwined our fingers as we entered the school grounds. Some people looked at us and smiled and I blushed a little as Luhan leaned down and kissed my forehead before he left for his class after dropping me off by my classroom.

The day passed rather well and Lin didn’t come to bully me during breaks. I sighed out of relief, but way too early. At lunch I met Lin and her friends in the corridor and I was about to walk past them when one of the girls grabbed my arm and yanked me back.

“So I heard that you came to school with Luhan today” she spat angrily and I looked down at the ground.

“I wonder why he’s even being around someone like you. You’re not worth his attention. He should be with someone who deserves him, like me” she said and flipped her hair over her shoulder. “So I’ll give you some advice, stay away from my Luhan” she said and smirked as I cowered back.

“What’s going on here?” I heard a voice from behind Lin and it was all too familiar now. Lin and her friends turned and there stood Luhan and his friends Yixing and ZiTao.

“Oh, Luhan! We were just talking with Meizhen about exams!” Lin said with a sickening sweet voice. Luhan narrowed his eyes at her.

“And Luhan, I was wondering if you would want to go out after school, you know maybe grab something to eat or maybe watch a movie?” Lin asked and blinked her eyes. Luhan looked at her and then he brushed past her.

“I can’t, because I already made plans with Meizhen, right?” he said and took my hand in his. I looked up at him and he smiled. I nodded robotically and I saw Lin look at Luhan with a look that told me that she couldn’t believe her ears or eyes.

“But she doesn’t deserve you!” she yelled and Luhan glared at Lin.

“If it’s anyone who deserves me, then it’s Meizhen. She’s always been nice to me and isn’t as superficial as you. She’s great as she is, all natural. She doesn’t care about what people say about her and looks adorable when she’s asleep.” Luhan said and squeezed my hand as he looked at me.

I could hear Lin and her friends gasp at the last part and I myself blushed a little. It was probably a little too much to tell them that but he didn’t seem to care. Then Luhan took my face in his hands and kissed me, right in front of everyone. It was a short but yet sweet kiss and I heard people around us cheer. I hadn’t noticed them before but they had probably appeared while Luhan was talking.

Lin’s face was red with anger and she screamed a little as she turned around and pushed through the crowd of people, she had been totally humiliated. Her friends ran after her through the crowd but I couldn’t care less as I looked Luhan in the eyes.

“Don’t let them do anything like that anymore” he said and I nodded.

He smiled and took my hands in his and kissed my forehead.

“I love you” he mumbled with his lips against my forehead. I hugged him and buried my face in his chest.

“I love you too” I said into his chest and he hugged me close.

______

A/N; Don't ask me where this came from... just so wierd, that's all... I think I haven't been sleeping enough -_____-

BUT ANYWAYS, IT's our little Deer Luhannie! :D

Well... you know who this leaves us with as the last one... KRIS :3 My own personal favourite! It will be up in a few minutes!