Baekhyun - Sleeping Beauty and her Prince

EXO One-shots

I stood up on the stage, improvising during our theater class and I played a heartbroken woman who just lost her kids. I’m rather good actually, if I say so myself. We always had fun on our practices and would eventually end up laughing when our teacher told us that it was the end of the scene.

Our teacher, Mr. Kim, stood up from his seat where he had been writing something on some papers while studying us. We all quieted down when he came up on the scene and turned to him. We were roughly 30 students and he smiled at us.

“So you guys know that we are going to do a play, and we have decided what play it’s going to be” he said and I turned to Minah and we both smiled. “This year it’s going to be Sleeping Beauty” he said and we started gossiping.

“I wonder who’s going to get to play Sleeping Beauty…” Minah mumbled and I nodded. We often got smaller roles, Minah had once played the bad with in one of the plays and it had been rather fun to watch.

“So I have decided the roles this time” Mr. Kim continued and we were slightly shocked. We would often get to vote together or decided together so it was something new for us. “And I’ll be reading up the roles now. The King is going to be played by Wu Fan” the students looked at the Chinese man who nodded. “The Queen will be Seohyun, the good mothers will be…” and he said a few more roles. We were around 15 students left when he had come to announce the Prince and the Sleeping Beauty.

“The Prince will be Baekhyun.” Mr. Kim said and I turned to my friend Baekhyun who was standing beside me and gave him a thumps up. “And Sleeping Beauty will be Minhee” I froze and looked at Mr. Kim. I had never gotten such a big role before and I was rather scared. I felt Minah nudge me in the side and I snapped back to reality.

“Congrats” she said and smile. I nodded and looked at Baekhyun who just smiled. Oh that smile, it makes the butterflies in my tummy come alive every time. Sure, we’ve been friends since forever but recently I’ve started to feel something more for him. I felt that I wanted to be more than friends with him.

“And here is the script” Mr. Kim said while handing us the script for the play and I took mine and started going through it. I gulped, there were so many lines. I walked up to Mr. Kim as he had given us all our scripts.

“Uh, Mr. Kim.” I said and he looked at me. “I don’t know if I can do this. It’s such a big role and I don’t think I’m ready for it” I said and he gave me a smile.

“I’m sure you’ll do great, I know you have it inside of you. I’ve seen you in the practices and you are a great actor” he said and patted my shoulder. I sighed and returned back to Minah. Baekhyun had come to her and we started talking a little.

“So I’ll be seeing a lot of you” he said and I nodded. “Nice to have a little bigger roles for a change right?” he asked and I nodded. We all would often get the smaller roles and it felt a little bit off place to have us as Sleeping Beauty, the Prince and one of the godmothers. We went through the play once that after noon and I left school around 6 pm with Baekhyun. It had turned rather awkward by the kiss and Mr. Kim had seen it and told us that it wasn’t necessary to do it during practice.

Baekhyun and I walked in silence as we both read through the play numerous of times. We stopped outside of my house and hugged, like we always did. “So see you tomorrow in school” he said and I nodded before we said good bye and he walked away and I walked inside the house.

The next day we met again after school in the aula of the school. We practiced the play with the whole class a few times and took pauses in between.

“You know, Since you have so many lines, you should practice with someone” Minah said as we sat by the edge of the scene and I drank some water from my water bottle.

“Yeah, could you help me?” I asked her and she just laughed. I looked at her questioningly.

“You’re funny. No. Ask Baekhyun!” she answered and I shook my head.

“No way. Yes we’re friends and all but I don’t want to bother him that way” I said and looked down at my feet that were dangling down toward the ground.

“Okay… then I’m going to ask in your place. Baekhyun!” She yelled out and I tugged at her to be quiet but too late, Baekhyun had already turned around and was heading toward us. I sighed and let go of Minah as he stood in front of us. “I was just gonna ask you – since this girl is such a coward – if you could help Minhee with her lines. You know like, just practice a little with her” she asked and I looked down at my feet.

“Sure, I’d love to” he said with a smile on his lips as I looked at him again.

I nodded and we decided to meet up the next day outside school, since we didn’t have any theatre classes on Thursdays and Fridays.

On Thursday afternoon after school I was waiting for Baekhyun outside school when I saw him coming over to me with a friend. It was Chanyeol from the music class and I knew he played the drums in the same band as Sehun and Jongin. Baekhyun said bye to Chanyeol and walked up to me with that amazing smile.

“So… Your place or my place?” he asked and we both laughed a little, it was an inside joke.

“Whatever is fine by me”

“Then let’s go to my place” he said and we started walking. We talked, joked around and teased each other. He put his arm around my shoulders as we were half way to his place and I felt my cheeks heat up a little by his move even thou it was usual. We arrived at his house and he let go of me as he opened the door and we were greeted by his dog that jumped at us out of joy.

We went into his room and I put down my bag on his bed and sat down. We pulled out our scripts and started reading and practicing. We took about three hours until I had memorized a third of the script and the clock was already 7 pm when Baekhyun’s mom called us down for dinner.

The following weeks were like that, first half of the week we’d practice in school and then on Thursdays and Fridays we’d practice at either Baekhyun’s or my place. We had loads of fun and I felt myself fall more and more in love with him.

The date of the play crept closer and closer and we were perfecting our play. The designer class was making the costumes while other classes were helping in making the decorations and background for us so that we could concentrate on the play.

Baekhyun and I were becoming closer but that was what I felt but I wasn’t sure if he felt the same way. But our acting together got smoother and better and we were nervous together the day of the play. We spent the day practicing really hard and setting up the stage with the other classes. The time slowly ticked on and soon it was after noon. We would be starting the play around 6 pm and that was just in thirty minutes. Everybody were running around backstage getting done, the makeup, the clothes and the rehearsing of the lines.

I peeked out into the aula and found it almost full when there was fifteen minutes to go. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder and I turned around and found Baekhyun looking at me.

“Are you okay?” he asked and I nodded. He smiled and Mr. Kim started telling everybody to get to their places. Baekhyun and I told each other to break a leg and laughed a little. Before he walked away he pulled me into a hug and we hugged each other close. Then he ran to the other side of the room and I took a deep breath as the lights went out in the aula and the music began.

My role wasn’t out in the beginning as it was just a doll in the crib when the evil witch bewitched it. I then walked out with the godmothers when it was our turn and we continued the play. I forgot one line but improvised so it went well anyways.

Then came the part where I was to fall asleep. I was put on a bed and then I was moved out backstage. I looked out at the stage and saw Baekhyun there with Minah and two other girls while he defeated the dragon and made his way into the castle. I was laid down on the bed again and moved out on stage as he ran in through the door. I closed my eyes and could hear him walk to me.

He spoke his lines and now it was time.

The Kiss

Mr. Kim had instructed that if we didn’t want to do the kiss, Baekhyun could just hover with his face over me and then I would wake up. I felt my heart beat race and I felt his presence next to me and he took my hand in his. He spoke his lines and I felt him hover over me. And then I felt his lips on mine. It lasted for a few seconds but I felt my heart stop. Then he moved away from me and I opened my eyes. I looked at him and he smile.

I really wanted to tell him my feelings but I remembered the play and continued acting, as if it hadn’t bothered me or made my heart race.

We ended the play with a couple dance and then the curtain was pulled down. We all ran out and Mr. Kim’s voice started hollering through the speakers as the curtain was drawn up again. He called out the cast as the audience clapped and the called ones ran out, bowing to the audience before standing at the middle. Everyone else were out when he called my name.

“And as the role of the Prince, Byun Baekhyun  and the Sleeping Beauty, Lee Minhee” he said and I ran out on the stage to meet Baekhyun in the middle and we linked our hands together and bowed to the audience before standing in line with the rest of the cast. I linked hands with Minah who stood beside me and we all bowed. Then we left the stage, half of the cast one way and the other half the other way.

I sighed and breathed out when I came backstage. Minah turned to me and smiled “I saw that kiss with Baekhyun, how was it?” she asked but I cut her off when I left her alone and saw Baekhyun coming. I had to confess right now.  Now or never. I had never been so sure of anything than now, I was head over heels for Baekhyun.

I ran toward Baekhyun and as he saw me coming toward him he walked toward me. I lunged myself at him and hugged his neck. He hugged me around the waist and I buried my face in his neck. I pulled away slightly and then happened something I’d never thought would happen. He took my face in his hands and pulled me into a kiss. This time it was a real kiss and I could feel real emotion in it. I answered the kiss and intertwined my fingers in his hair. We pulled away when we were in need of air and looked at each other, the first to speak was me.

“Baekhyun, I love you. I really do. I realized today that I had to tell you. Every time you smile at me or put your arm around me I feel these butterflies in my stomach and it makes me all nervous and-“ I was cut off by another kiss and when he broke away he smiled.

“I love you too” he said and smiled a killer smile before pulling me into another kiss.

_________

A/N: Tadaaah~ So those were it for today... more will probably be up soon :3 Don't forget to comment, as you guys know, I LOVE COMMENTS AND YOU GUYS!

PYONG~