Chen - Your Umbrella

EXO One-shots

I looked out the window and sighed, it had been raining since lunch time and I hadn’t brought an umbrella earlier in the morning. It had been raining constantly for soon 3 hours and it didn’t seem that it was going to stop. I was cleaning the windows in my classroom and I sighed as I was the last one to be left in school. I finished of the last window and went to empty out the bucket with water and then I walked back to the classroom, fetched my bag and closed the door.

I walked to the schools head entrance and looked outside at the rain.

“Aigoo… why didn’t I bring an umbrella with me?” I mumbled and sighed, looking outside.

“Do you want to walk home together?” I heard a voice behind me and I turned around.

“Eh?”

“I heard that you didn’t bring an umbrella” he said and held up an umbrella. I sighed.

“What direction do you live at?” I asked and he told me where he lived and that was in the same direction as I.

“Could I walk home with you?” I asked.

“Sure, no problem” he said with a sweet smile. I opened the door and we walked outside under his umbrella, I walked close to him so that I wouldn’t get wet.

“What class are you in?” I asked, I didn’t recognize him so I was really curious about what class he was in.

“3-2” he said and I nodded. “You?”

“3-1” I answered. We walked home together, he left me at my home and we said goodbye and that we would meet again soon.

I sighed and walked inside my house and continued my day as usual.

~

The next day I saw the boy more often that I had seen him ever before. I hadn’t noticed him before much but he seemed to know Yixing, the exchange student in my class and Sehun from my class too. So he came in during lunch and when making his way to Sehun and Yixing he saw me and waved and I waved back.

I didn’t know his name until I heard Yixing yell out after him when he was about to leave.

“See you later Jongdae!” he yelled and I looked at the boy who lifted a hand in a small wave at Yixing.

Jongdae… so that’s his name…

I continued my school work as usual. We would occasionally meet each other in between classes and exchange a few words, like ask how the other was doing at what class was the next.

A week later we spoke some more, we would start to eat our lunches together and Yixing and Sehun would join us. I soon became friends with them they were actually really nice guys. I also started to walk home after school with Jongdae and we would sometimes stop at the café that was located on the way to our place.

This after noon we were sitting in the café, talking when he asked me a question.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” he asked and I choked on my latte.

“Why do you ask?” I asked him and he shrugged.

“I guess I was just curious” he said and I sighed.

“To answer your question; No I don’t have a boyfriend. Do you have a girlfriend?” I asked him and I felt how I got all tense inside, asking that question but I didn’t understand why. I felt like I was almost afraid of the answer, but I didn’t know why.

“No I don’t, but I have this girl I like” he said and smiled. I felt how that lump inside of me sank down and I nodded.

“Okay, does she like you back?” I asked and he shrugged, stirring his tea.

“I don’t know. I haven’t really told her or sent her any signals and neither has she” he said and I nodded.

“We should head home now” I said and he nodded. We walked home and said goodbye like always. I climbed up the stairs to my room and threw myself on the bed. I looked up in the ceiling.

Why did I care if he had a girlfriend? And why did I become so disappointed when he told me that he had someone he liked?

Could it be…

No..

Or could it?

Was I in love with Jongdae? I sat up and looked at the wall across from me.

I thought of my feelings for Jongdae and realized that I started blushing when I thought of him and my heart beat sped up when I thought of those friendly eyes and those soft looking lips.

What am I thinking?!

I shook my head and ruffled my hair.

I walked into the bathroom and washed my face before I looked at my reflection.

“Do I like him?” I questioned myself and stared into my own eyes in the mirror.

I groaned in frustration and pulled my hair and sat down on the toilet seat.

“I like him don’t I?” I asked myself and I heard a small voice in my head answer.

Yes, you do

I sighed and left the bathroom and plopped down on the bed once again, falling asleep.

~

The next day I sat in school, waiting for lunch to come so that I could talk with Jongdae. I thought that I would confess to him, but then when lunch finally arrived, I ran away. I ran away from the classroom when I saw Jongdae enter and spent my lunch at the back of the school behind some big bushes, afraid that he’d find me.

After school I once again avoided him, I rushed out of the classroom and ran home before I even saw him. I don’t know why I did all of this, I guess I was afraid or talking to him now that I’d realized that I was in love with him.

I did the same thing the whole week out and then on Monday when I was about to run out of the classroom during lunch again Jongdae was standing in the doorway, blocking the way. I gulped and looked at him.

“Jinae” he said and looked at me. I gulped again.

Crap,crap,crap,crap,crap

“N-Ne J-Jongdae” I stuttered and looked down at the ground. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the corridor.

“J-Jongdae, where are we going?” I asked and he pulled me into an empty classroom. He closed the door and then he looked at me.

“Why have you been avoiding me?” he asked and I looked away from him.

“I-I wasn’t a-avoiding you-“

“Yes you were. You would run away and don’t even talk to me when I yelled after you” he said and I glanced at him. He looked mad and but I didn’t lose the eye contact.

“I-I avoided you because I-I…” I couldn’t say it.

Why can’t I say it?!

He continued looking at me and I sighed.

“Fine, I avoided you because I was jealous. I got jealous when you told me you had a girl you liked. And I…” I sighed and sat down on one of the tables in the classroom. I felt tears burn behind my eyelids. I didn’t want to cry, it was stupid to cry over something as this.

“Why did you do that and why were you jealous?” he asked and I sighed.

“Be-Because… I’m-I’m in lo-love with you.” I said and silence rose between us. I felt how he walked closer to me but I kept my gaze on the floor.

“Well… that’s fantastic” he said and I looked up.

“What?”

“I said; that’s fantastic”

“Why?”

“Because you’re the girl that I’m in love with” he said and I froze.

What?

“I’ve liked you since I saw you that afternoon in school when it was raining. And I’m glad I met you that day.” He said and he took my hands in his. We stared at each other and he leaned down closer to me and soon he was just a couple of inches from me. I could feel his hot breath against my lips as we stayed there in that position with closed eyes.

“Do you mind if I kiss you?” he whispered, his lips brushing slightly against mine.

“Not at all” I answered with an whisper and I felt how he now slowly and carefully pressed his lips against mine in a sweet kiss. I softly answered the kiss and he let go of my hands as they placed them on my hips and I let me hands wander up to his neck where I wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled at his hair to deepen the kiss but at that moment we were interrupted by a cough and we broke away from each other and looked to the door.

“Sorry guys, but I just wanted to warn you that Mrs. Kim is coming soon and you don’t want to be caught inside doing stuff like that” Baekhyun said, looking at us while Jongdae and I blushed and I stood up.

“May-Maybe we should leave” I said and Jongdae nodded. Baekhyun chuckled as we scampered out of the room and jogged, hand in hand, back to the classroom.

_______

A/N: Last one for tonight! How did you like them? Comment below and I'll be REALLY happy! :D

I always get happy when I see that I've gotten comments :3 I felt that there was a little need for some love to ChenChen and Baozi so I wrote them this evening! :3

Well... I'll have to see who I have left to do... I think it's Krisu, Luhan and Sehun... hm... okay, we'll see if I can come up with anything for them now...

SEE YOU, PYONG~