Kai - First Fight

EXO One-shots

The front door opened and closed. I turned my head toward the door and a smile broke up on my lips. I flew up from the couch and out to the hallway. I flung myself over my boyfriend who stumbled a bit backwards.

“Hi Puppy” I said and kissed his cheek. He gave me a fait smile and kissed my forehead. I let him go and we walked into the living room.

Jongin laid down on the couch and closed his eyes. He let out a sigh and I smiled.

“Darling, would you mind making some food?” he asked and I nodded.

“Sure. I’ll make some fried rice with chicken” I said and started to walk to the kitchen.

“Thank you. And I have some dirty clothes in my bag, mind washing them until Friday?”

“Neh~”

“And could you sow on a couple of buttons on my black shirt? They flew of a couple of days ago.”

“Neh…”

“Thank you.”

I sighed and started to cook the food. As the pan heated up I ran out in the hallway and emptied his bag and ran to the other side of the apartment to the washing room. I quickly separated the clothes and threw the first load inside. Then I ran back out to the kitchen to continue the cooking.

The phone started ringing and I sighed. I waited for Jongin to answer it but it just kept on ringing.

“Darling, the phone is ringing” he yelled and I let out a frustrated sigh. I took the phone and answered it.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hello, I am calling from-“

“I don’t want to buy anything”

“We are selling-“

“I said. I don’t want to buy anything” I yelled and hung up. I turned to the food and scraped the pan.

I cursed under my breath at the burnt food but I tried to make it better. I finally put the food on the plate and walked out to the living room with it.

“Here you go” I said and placed it on the table in front of him. He opened his eyes and sat up. I then ran out to the bedroom and fetched a needle and thread. Then I pulled out Kai’s black shirt and started to redo the buttons.

“Meri, the food is burnt!” I heard him yell and I groaned.

“Yes, I know, it got burnt since I answered the god-damned phone” I said, with just a hint of annoyance as you may notice.

“Well, then you shouldn’t have answered” he yelled back and I put down the needle and the thread.

“Well, you told me to answer the phone” I said and walked back to the living room. He had barely eaten half of it and was now laying in the couch again.

“Isn’t it good enough for you?” I asked and eyed him.

“It didn’t taste that good…” he mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

“Then why don’t you go and eat somewhere else if my food isn’t good enough” I said and threw him a glare.

“Maybe I should” he mumbled and I sighed.

“If you don’t want the food, then FINE!” I said angrily and took the plate. I dumped the content in the rubbish bin and kind off threw the plate in the sink.

“Why are you so moody?” Jongin asked as I walked out from the kitchen.  I huffed.

“Well, if you really want to know. I am kind of sick of you right now. All that you do when you get home is lay on the couch and order me around. And I have done this for the past weeks. I am your girlfriend, not your servant. If my food doesn’t taste well, then don’t even ask me to make it. I am tired of being pushed around. I don’t know what’s gotten into you-“

“What’s gotten into me?” Jongin yelled and stood up.

“Yes, you just come home and sleep. That’s all you do. You don’t even help me with the tiniest things.”

“I am working my off at the company-“

“I know what you do every day! That’s all you talk about!” I yelled and looked him in his eyes.

Now a day all Jongin did was as I told him, sleep and bosses me around. Always asking me to wash his clothes, make food and then he always complained about working too much and how tired he is. I had enough of that and wanted him to take responsibility for himself.

And clearly, I was now sick of that.

“Then why can’t you just let me be?” Jongin yelled and I flinched.

“Because if do you complain that I don’t care about you! Could you at least help me with some of the stuff at home, as maybe washing your own clothes or check what you can eat. You know I have school I have to attend to and I have to study for exams-“

“All you do when I’m at work is to lay on the couch doing nothing-“

“Oh, you don’t know what I do here. I do the laundry, I cook food, I clean the apartment and then I have to get time to study for my freaking exams!”

“Then why don’t you do that?!”

“You know what? I am sick and tired of this. I’m out of here.” I said and turned to the bedroom and walked inside.

I took out my suitcase out from under my bed and opened it. I pulled out half of my content of clothes from the drawers and dumped them in the suitcase. I walked over to the closet and pulled out some clothes. I zipped the suitcase close and took my bag with my school things.

“Where are you going?” Jongin asked as I walked out to the front door.

“Somewhere where I don’t have to put up with your nagging” I spat at him as I pulled on my shoes and jacket.

“Y-yah! Meri-ah!”

I closed the door in his face and ran down the stairs. Down at the road I hailed a cab and entered. I gave the taxi driver my friends address as I called her and told her about everything.

“Meri-ah” EunHee said as I stood outside her apartment door. She took me in a big hug as I broke down. This was my first fight with Jongin and it was so silly. I don’t even understand why it started.

EunHee let me live at her place for now. I would spend my days at school, come over to her place, do my homework and eat. Everything I did or saw reminded me of Jongin. And it was even worse at night; I would lay curled up in a ball and cry silently over how much I missed Jongin.

I had turned my phone of as soon as I had come to EunHee’s place, I didn’t dare to look at it. It had already been four days since the fight as EunHee made me turn on my phone again. I set it down on the table and waited for it to start.

30 new messages

50 missed calls

I gasped as it blinked and I opened the messages.

Meri-ah… Please don’t be mad at me…
- Jongin

Meri… I’m sorry, please come home…
-Jongin

Meri, Kai has gone insane. You have to talk to him.
- Suho

Meri… I’m sorry… Please just come home… I miss you…
-Jongin

I stopped reading the messages and instead I listened to the 25 voice messages he left.

“You have, 25, new messages.

Meri-ah! Where are you?” His voice was somewhat calm and I sighed. He sounded quite calm for the five first messages which I had received at the day of the fight.

Meri-ah… Answer your phone… please

Meri… I’m sorry, please just answer the phone…”  Messages left the day after the fight. He started to sound worried and my heart softened for him.

Meri” It wasn’t the sound of Jongin’s voice but EXO’s leader, Suho.

Meri, please just talk to him, he is going insane. He won’t eat, he over works himself. He looks horrible. Please just talk to him.”

I sighed and felt bad for Suho who had to put up with this to. The other EXO members had also left a couple of messages. Then the last message from Jongin finally came.

Meri…” I heard his voice waver and the thickness of his voice.

Please… just talk to me. I miss you. I’m sorry for yelling at you” I could hear how he tried to hold the sobs that eventually escaped his mouth. I listened to his sobs and felt my own tears fall down my cheeks.

I sprung up from my chair and pulled on a pair of sneakers and a jacket before bolting out the door. I started running down the street, bumping into people as I tried to punch in a number on my phone. I finally lifted it to my ear and continued running.

Yoboseyo?”

“Suho! You have to help me. Where is Jongin?” I asked while running. I bumped into a man and apologized and turned left at a corner.

He’s in the practice room. And why haven’t you been answering-“

Not now Suho. Please, just help me get into the building” I cried out as I saw SMent building towering at the end of the street.

Fine, I’ll be down in a second”

I hung up and ran down the last hundred meters as I saw Suho at the entry. I smiled at him and ran inside.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you” I said to him and he smiled.

“Okay, stop it. Enough. I’ll take you to him.”

We went into the elevator and I looked at myself in the mirror. I gasped at my reflection. I took out a hairband and tied my hair into a bun. Suho and I stepped out at the 5thfloor and walked down the corridor. You could distinctively hear music coming from the room at the end of the hallway.

“He’s in there” Suho said and I nodded. I dried my cheeks and saw him leave before I walked down to the last door. I looked inside through the glass of the door and saw Jongin dance. He was always so captivating when dancing.

I waited for the music to stop and saw him fall down on his knees as the song finished. I opened the door and slid inside. Jongin was kneeling on his hands and knees, panting for air.

“Jongin-ah” I said and his head snapped up. He looked at me through the mirror. Then he stood up and turned toward me.

We stared at each other, ten feet apart from each other. I could feel my tears running down my cheeks and in the entire blur I think I saw his tears to. He took a hesitant step forward and I lunged myself at him.

“Jongin-ah! I’m so sorry!” I said while sobs escaped my mouth as I hugged his neck. He hugged me tight around the waist and buried his face in my shoulder. I breathed in the familiar smell of him and felt at home.

“Meri, I’m sorry…” he mumbled into my ear and I heard sobs escape his lips. I pulled back and took his cheeks in my hands. I stared him in the eyes and pushed my hand through his hair.

“I’m sorry…” I mumbled and pulled his face into a kiss. It was a quick kiss and then we looked at each other again.

“Come home again… please?” he said and I nodded.

“I will…” I said and gave him a faint smile. He smiled back and caressed my cheek. I sniffled and he kissed my lips again.

“No fighting anymore?” I asked and he nodded. I stuck out my pinky and he hooked onto it with his. I leaned my forehead on his and we laughed silently before he kissed my lips again.

____________

TADAAAH~ I have no idea what this is or where I even got the idea from but... It's okay I guess. I almost know nothing about Kai but, I tried... I am actually not much of a Kai fan but I know there are a lot of people who like Kai so I thought why not? And no other member fit the role...

EITHER WAY I HOPE YOU LIKE IT~

And now... I am ruining all fangirls hearts and ovaries...

HEHEHEHE~

But anyways, this week I uploaded two stories... and I already have an ide for the next one, I can reveal that it's gonna be a one-shot with Baekhyun :3 Probably up by next week!

I love you guys, thanks for subscribing and commenting <3

PYONG~