Chanyeol - Recording in the Studio

EXO One-shots

I was sitting in the studio, looking through the lyrics I had been given and was listening to the music while trying to make it fit with how I would sing. I was rather new in the industry so I wasn’t all too familiar with the part of recording. I had been chosen to record a song with one of my seniors, yet did I not know who it was.

“Okay, Lorie, do you want to give it a shot?” the vocal supervisor and recorder asked and looked at me. I nodded at him and stood up. I took the paper with the lyrics with me inside the recording booth and closed the door after me. I put the paper down on the stand and took the headset and put it on. I heard his voice as he instructed me a little and I cleared my throat a little.

I had just recovered from the loss of my voice so I was cautiously doing this today and I didn’t know if my voice could make it. I heard the music in the head set start and I looked at the lyrics. As if on cue I started singing and tried to make it as good as possible. This song was a song that was for the group I was in, I would do the duet when my senior came.

I didn’t have a lot of parts in the song so I was finished rather quickly and Mr. Kang, the recorder, told me that we were finished and I hung back the headset before walking out of the recording booth. On the couch was now Park Chanyeol from EXO sitting. He was apparently the senior I was going to work with and I bowed. He nodded and offered a big smile.

“Okay, guys. We’ll do it like this. I’ll give you the lyrics, we listen to the song two times, sing it once here and then we move onto the recording.” Mr. Kang said and I nodded while Chanyeol did the same.

Lyrics in hand Mr. Kang started playing the music and I looked at the text and followed the tempo of the song. It was apparently a kind of love song and Chanyeol would be rapping in it while I sang. As Mr. Kang had said, we listened to it twice, sand it once and then we went into the booth, together.

Chanyeol and I stood side by side in the booth and put on our headsets and listened as Mr. Kang spoke to us. Then he played the music and I started singing.

Chanyeol rapped his part and we took a break, I would sing the next part and Mr. Kang instructed me how to do it. But I could already feel my throat acting up as I spoke to him and I cleared my throat a few times before he cued the music.

The first sentence went well but then my voice cracked. Mr. Kang stopped the music and I apologized. We tried again. And again. And again. I think I did the same part perhaps 20 times before Mr. Kang stopped the music all together and ordered me to come out from the booth. I could already feel that this wasn’t good as I hung up the headset and left the booth. I closed the door and Chanyeol stood inside there, looking at me and Mr. Kang.

“Lorie. What is it with you today? It went well for you when you sang your bands song and now? What was that just now?” he asked, clearly angry as he raised his voice at the second question. I hung my head in shame and held my hand in the other.

“I’m sorry” I said and heard him sigh.

“I thought that if you’d get to rest a few days then you’d take care of your voice better but apparently not.” He continued and I swallowed hard. He pressed a button to talk to Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol-ah, take fifteen.” He said and then he stood up and left the room. I sat down on the couch behind me and sank together. I heard the door to the booth open and close and Chanyeol’s footsteps come closer. I continued to hand my head as I leaned forward and rested my arms on my thighs. I felt a tear drop leave my eye and saw it fall down.

I wasn’t crying because of that I was sad. Sure, Mr. Kang’s words hurt me but those didn’t affect me as much anymore. I cried because I was angry and disappointed in myself. I dried away the tears in my eyes as I heard the couch creak beside me as Chanyeol sat down.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked and I nodded. He did sound worried.

“It’s just that I’m worthless” I mumbled and shook my head. I felt that I did nothing for my band as I constantly messed up in the studio and in the dance trainings were even worse.

“What? Don’t say stuff like that. Nobody is worthless” Chanyeol said and I looked up at him. He looked at me with, what was supposed to be, a reassuring smile but I sighed.

“No. Seriously, I am. Have you ever seen us as a group? All the other girls are great at singing, rapping and dancing. And then there’s me. I can’t dance. I look like an idiot while doing it. And then I always mess up here recording” I said and stared down at the floor again.

“That was what I felt before to” Chanyeol said and I whipped my head to the side to look at him. “True Story. When I first started I always thought ‘What am I doing here?’ But then I thought about what the group would do without me.”

“My group would be better off without me” I said and I heard Chanyeol sigh.

“I don’t think so” he said and looked at me.

“And why is that?” I asked, not believing him at all.

“Because you bring out that last perfect piece to perfect the songs. I’ve heard your songs. And those adlibs you do and the long notes you do are perfect. Somehow I couldn’t believe that you guys are just rookies” he said and smiled. I looked at him to search if any part of him was lying but I found none. “I think you are just perfect for the group and you know what? Everybody has a bad day once in a while”

We looked for a moment at each other and then I nodded before turning my gaze to the floor again.

“Come on, I’ll help you with some warm ups for your voice” he said and stood up. He pulled me up by my hand and I felt sparks run through my body. He instructed me a little and I followed him through.

“Now, try singing the lyrics of the song.” He said and I nodded. I sang the first line and then continued on to the next. This time my voice didn’t crack and I smiled happily at Chanyeol just as Mr. Kang came inside.

“Now Lorie, I want you to pick it up and I want you to nail this now or else it’s not going to be anything.” He said and I nodded. “Now back into the booth with the two of you”

Chanyeol and I walked into the booth and put on our headsets and stood in front of the mike.

“Okay, Now, Let’s continue from where we left of Lorie”

“Ye~” I heard the music begin to play and I sang. I concentrated on the song and sang it perfectly this time. We continued recording and it went well, with just a few more screw ups before we finished it five hours later. We walked out of the studio after thanking Mr. Kang. We walked down the corridors of SMent building together and took the elevator down to the bottom floor.

“So you going home now I assume?” Chanyeol asked and I sighed.

“I think I’ll have to go eat something first… Would you like coming with me?” I asked and looked over at him while we walked out.

“Sure… I need to eat myself. But where to?”

“I know this awesome place that sells delicious dukbokki” I said and we headed down the street. It was already dark outside and we walked together chatting about our work. We arrived at the dukbokki stand not far from my dorm and ordered some.

I took up a piece, blew on it a bit and then took it in my mouth. Chanyeol took a piece and put a piece in his mouth. I saw him chew it and then his eyes widened.

“This is amazing” he said with food in his mouth and I nodded while laughing.

We ate together and chatted as the night continued. We didn’t realize the time fly by while we ate together and then finally I looked at the clock. 2 am. Gosh, I really need to go home now.

“You know what, I really have to go home now and probably you too. It’s past 2 in the morning and I’m training early tomorrow, or today” I said and Chanyeol nodded.

“You’re right. We should go. I’ll walk with you since our dorm is just a block away” Chanyeol said and we left the stand. We walked the three blocks down and then we were at my dorm. I stopped outside the building and turned to Chanyeol.

“Thank you for helping me today and for boosting up my confidence. And it was nice working with you” I said and bowed. He laughed a little and I smiled back at him.

“It’s fine. Thank you for working with you too” he said and flashed me one of his charming derp-smiles.

“Well… Yeah. See you around then. Good Night” I said and started turning back but something, or someone, pulled my arm. I spun back and was met by a pair of lips. My eyes widened as I saw who it was.

Park Chanyeol of EXO is kissing me!

I closed my eyes and started kissing him back and I felt him smile against my lips when I did that. He let go of my arm as I responded his kiss and he placed his hands on my hips. I put my hands on his shoulders and pressed my lips closer to his. He responded in pushing closer to me and I smiled.

We pulled away together and stared at each other.

“I’ve been waiting for so long to do that” he said and smiled widely.

“Oh really? Then why don’t you do it again?” I said and smirked at him with playful eyes. He chuckled and leaned down again and pressed his lips against mine.

“I wonder what the press would say if they found out” I mumbled against his lips and a throaty laugh escaped from him.

“I don’t care really.” He answered me and kissed me again.

__________

A/N: Hi again! :3 This time it was Chanyeol's turn!I don't know where I got this idea from but anyways! I have one more coming up in a few seconds okay? :3