Lay - Play the guitar for me

EXO One-shots

I sighed as I looked around the internet. I was searching for someone to teach me play the guitar since my parents gave me a guitar for my birthday a few days earlier. I didn’t have a lot of money so I needed to find someone cheap to teach me. I was browsing through different sites when I stumbled upon a guy that lived in my town. He was teaching people to play the guitar for a small profit.

The price he was asking for was just under my budget and I smiled. I sent him a message telling him that I was interested in taking classes from him. I included my name and age and sent it. When I checked my email later that night he had sent me an answer.

We decided to meet up in a local park the next day around noon and I got him phone number so that I would be able to call him if I didn’t find him. I went to bed nervously but fell asleep rather quickly.

The next day I was at the park around noon and walked through it toward the fountain. We had decided to meet up by the fountain and then find a better place to sit at. I looked around the park as I trudged through it with my guitar in my hand. I was wearing a pair of light blue jeans, a black top and a grey cardigan. I saw the fountain up front and took a deep breath. I walked over to it and saw a boy, probably around my age, sitting on the edge with a guitar beside him. I walked over to him and he looked around and spotted me.

Yixing was his name. That was what he had told me in the email last night. When he spotted me a smile broke out on his lips and I just had to smile back at him. He stood up and grabbed his guitar as I came up to him.

“You must be Huian?” he said and held out his hand. I nodded and took his hand in mine. I can tell you, I was in love with him now, he was just so handsome and he looked really good in the clothes he was wearing, a pair of dark jeans, a white wife beater and a grey sweater.

“Let’s go sit over there” he said and pointed at a hill that was just beside the fountain. I nodded and we walked over there. We climbed the hill and sat down. He put his guitar in his lap and looked at me.

“So, do you know anything about playing the guitar?” he asked and I shook my head.

“I just got it a few days ago on my birthday from my parents” I said and he nodded.

“Well, then let’s start with learning some of the accords” he said and I nodded. I took my guitar and place it in my lap. He started instructing me how to hold it correctly and how to press the strings. He would occasionally have to help me place my fingers right and I shivered just a little when his fingers touched mine.

We sat at the park for several hours before saying goodbye and separating to go to our own homes. My mother noticed how happy I was when I got home and she looked at me curiously when I singing walked through the kitchen and kissed her cheek before exiting the room to go up to my bedroom.

Yixing and I met up again almost every day for the next few weeks of the summer and luckily I started learning rather quickly and after three weeks I could play three songs. This Thursday afternoon we were sitting in the park playing guitar when Yixing said that we could sing a song.

“What should we sing then?” I asked and he sat and thought for a while.

“How about Kiss Me Slowly?” He asked and I smiled while nodding. He did the countdown and then we started playing together. He started singing first. That voice that I had come to love over these past few weeks. It was heavenly and was one of the reasons why I wanted to continue to have him teach me the guitar. He started urging me to sing and I carefully let the words leave my lips. I saw a smile appear on his lips and I blushed but kept my eye contact with him. We actually kept eye contact through the whole of the song, but I didn’t notice that. We strummed the last notes and stared into each other’s eyes.

When we had stopped playing we sat there, looking at each other. I didn’t realize it until my phone rang. I tor my eyes away from him and hurriedly dug in my sweaters pocket for my phone and pulled it out. I answered it and was met by my mom’s voice.

Huian, you have to come home now, you have to eat and pack for tomorrow” she said and I sighed.

Right… I’m going to grandma’s over the week-end…

“Okay, I’ll be right back” I said and hung up. I looked at Yixing as he was plucking at the grass beside himself.

“I-I have to go now” I said and offered him a sad smile. He looked up and nodded. We stood up, collected our things and started walking out from the park to the entrance where we’d always split up by.

“I can’t come tomorrow or for the whole week-end. I’m going to see my gran-ma so I can’t come” I said and he nodded.

“It’s fine. But do you want to meet up on Monday?” he asked and looked at me with hopeful eyes. I nodded and we stopped at the entrance.

“Well… Bye Yixi-“ that was all I got to say before Yixing had leaned over and was holding my face in his hands and kissing me. I froze and couldn’t do anything. I just stood there, like a statue as he held my face in his hands and pressed his lips against mine. When he let go of me and leaned away was the moment I could move again.

I stared at him for a moment before I did something incredibly stupid. I ran away. I ran all the way home from the park, ignoring his calls for me. I ran home in shock of what just happened. I closed the front door after myself, ran up the stairs to my room and went inside. Closing the door I turned my back toward it and slid down into a sitting position on the floor.

I touched my lips, where his lips had been just a few minutes ago. It was as if I could still feel them there but I shook my head.

My first kiss…

“Huian, are you okay?” I heard my mom ask from the other side of the door.

“Yes, I’m fine mom!” I answered back.

That weekend was like hell for me. I wanted to talk to Yixing but I unluckily forgot my phone at home when we left on the Friday morning. I couldn’t contact him in any way during the whole week end. I was scared of what he thought of me now.

What if he thinks I’m not interested?

That was the thought that ran through my head at that moment. I was interested in him, that I can assure you. And I wanted him to kiss me again. That time I didn’t want to stand there like an idiot, I wanted him to know that I wanted him in that way too.

Sunday was a painfully slow day as I was forced to spend the morning and half the afternoon at my gran-ma’s doing almost nothing. And the ride home took longer to and I wasn’t home until 10 pm with my family and as soon as I stepped inside the house I ran to my room. I grabbed my phone to look if there were any messages from Yixing.

1 new message.

I clicked on it. It was from Yixing.

Meet me at the hill tomorrow :)

That was his message and I smiled as I laid down on my bed. Thank god he wasn’t mad at me or didn’t want to talk to me.

I slept through the night and woke just two hours before I was meeting up with Yixing. I showered and dressed in a pair of blue shorts and a white tank and a thin light brown cardigan as it was rather warm that day. I pulled on a pair of black converse and took my guitar and phone before I left the house and headed toward the park.

I couldn’t wait to meet Yixing as I entered the park and walked through it and to the hill. There I found him sitting in the grass with his guitar beside himself. A nervous feeling rose inside of me and I trembled a bit with my hands as I walked towards him.

I guess he heard me coming because he suddenly looked up from where he was looking at a flower in his hands. A nervous smile came up on his lips when I sat down next to him and place my guitar on the other side. He cleared his throat and looked at me.

“I’m sorry for what I did last week, I shouldn’t have done that. I don’t know what came over me it was just that I’ve started liking you a lot since we first met and I found you really cute and amazing. I just felt that what I did was right at that moment but now I realize that it wasn’t and I just wanted to apologize.” He rambled on and I started giggling at the cute rambling. He stopped and looked down at his lap as his cheeks turned red.

“You don’t have to be sorry Yixing” I said and smiled a little and he looked up at him. Now it was my turn to blush and look away. “I really like you too and I thank you for making that one bold first step.” I said and finally dared to look at him again. He was staring at me and a smile crept up on his lips and that cute dimple became visible on his cheek.

I leaned toward him and closed my eyes as our lips met. I felt him place his hand over mine and I scooted closer, still in lip lock with him. I felt out legs brush against each other as we moved our lips in synch and I raised my hands to his hair and intertwined my fingers into his hair. He wrapped his arms around my waist as he pulled me closed and our bodies were pressed against each other. Suddenly he pulled me with him as he leaned backwards and laid down on the grass. He kept his arms around me as we now laid on the grass and I finally pulled away when I was in desperate need of air.

I looked down at Yixing and he smiled up at me. My hair fell down around his face and he raised one of his hands and put a piece of it behind my ear and I blushed. I smiled back at him and he kissed my lips in a quick peck.

__________

A/N: Another Lay oneshot! How did you like it? :3 I really enjoyed writing this!