Kris - The Cashier Boy

EXO One-shots

I walked with my two friends from my school, we headed towards the mall and went to the shop we three all loved. Not only because of the clothes, but also because of a worker there. He was a tall and handsome guy who was working there on the afternoons.

Min, Jessica and I would always go there to watch him as he worked. We all probably were crushing on him and Jessica told us that she’d make him hers one day. Min and I laughed a little at her words. We knew it would be impossible for us to make someone like him like us.

Jessica still tried. It was rather fun to watch as she tried everything. She would ask him for sizes and he would casually just tell her that the ones they had on display were everything they had at the moment. She even tried to bat her eyelashes while talking to him or asking him for advice. For the advice part it was… little bit weird, he told her that it was all up to her if she liked it.

“I give up!” she said after three days of trying to impress on him. But we now knew his name was Kris.

I still went to the shop occasionally, just to look at Kris for the most of occasions and I even talked a little with him at the cash register while I paid.

I walked to the shop on a Sunday afternoon. I was in desperate need of a pair of new jeans as my last ones had split this morning and all I had to wear now was skirts and short. And track pants that I was currently wearing.

I sighed as I ruffled my hair and put it in a bun and walked into the store. I walked over to the jeans selection, not even noticing Kris looking at me with a small smile.

I started digging through the different types of jeans. I found pair of light blue skinny jeans and went to try them on. The first pair were too big and I changed them into a smaller size. I pulled them on and they fit me perfectly.

I then changed back into my track pants and walked out. I took my purse out of my leather bag and walked to the cash register.

Kris was once again there and I felt myself blush a little as I put the jeans on the counter. He took of the alarm and scanned them.

“Could I ask you something?” he suddenly said while I was taking out the money from my purse. I stopped and looked up and nodded. “Would you want to go out for dinner with me?” he asked and I froze completely.

I stared at him as he stared back at me while we stood there. He flashed me a small smile and I nodded. “Sure” I said and the smile on his lips became slightly bigger, showing off his pearl white teeth and a part of his gum.

“Great, I’m getting off in fifteen minutes, why don’t we go and eat?” he asked and my mouth fell agape.

“Fifteen minutes?! I-I can’t go looking like this!” I said, the last part quietly and Kris laughed a little.

“Sure you can, just change into the new jeans and let out your hair then it’ll be perfect” he said and winked at me. He cut of the price tag and beckoned me to go into the changing rooms and change.

I did as told, threw on my new jeans and putting the sweatpants in my leather bag and letting my hair out. I ruffled my long hair a little and then let if fall freely.

I looked inside my bag and applied just a little bit of lip balm on my lips. Then I walked out of the dressing room and out of the store as I didn’t see Kris anywhere.

I waited for him outside the shop and after five minutes he came outside and smiled at me, a bag slung across his shoulder.

“Where should we go?” he asked and looked at me. I shrugged slightly, looking around.

“I don’t know” I said and looked at the different food places in the mall. He then grabbed my hand with his. My hand felt small in his big and warm hand as he steered us through the mall.

“I know the best Italian place!” he said and smiled. We walked side by side, hands still intertwined as we walked through the mall. We arrived at an Italian restaurant and went inside.

“Oh, Kris!” the waiter seemed to know Kris as he called him when we entered. The waiter was a red haired boy with a cute smile. He was probably a head shorted than Kris but they seemed to be good friends. The waiter showed us to a little bit more private table in the restaurant and handed us the menus.

“You know the waiter?” I asked, more for confirmation than as a question. He nodded and smiled.

“Have you eaten here before?” Kris asked and I shook my head. “Then you should really taste the kimchi pasta” he said and I smiled.

“Then I’ll taste the kimchi pasta, since it’s apparently worth trying” I said and we laughed quietly. The waiter came back and took our orders.

While waiting for the food we talked about everything. I got to know that Kris was year older than me, came from Canada and had lived in Seoul for just a year. And I told him that I was attending the university just a few blocks away and was majoring in music; that my dream was to become a songwriter.

We ate the food when it arrived and it was really delicious. We ate together and enjoyed our time and didn’t leave the restaurant until it was dark.

“I’ll take you home” Kris said and gave me no chance to protest. We walked home together, again hand in hand as he had grabbed my hand in his as soon as we had stood up from our seats.

We walked home together in the dark and enjoyed our time. I sure hoped that this wasn’t a dream I’d wake up from and realize it never happened.

We stopped outside the apartment building I was living in.

“It was nice eating with you” he said and I smiled, blushing a little.

“It was nice.” I said and Kris smiled. Then he pulled me close to himself and hugged me. I put my arms around his waist after being frozen for roughly ten seconds. Then he pulled away a little and started leaning down.

I stared at him a little as he came closer to my face and I felt myself blush madly. I stood up on my tip toes, leaning up toward him.

Please, don’t let this be a dream

As I finished that thought I could feel his lips against mine. I let my eyes flutter close as her pressed his lips against mine. Our lips molded perfectly against each other and I felt the butterflies in my stomach come alive.

We broke of the kiss and looked at each other. His eyes were warm and I felt my cheeks flush. He kissed me once more shortly before looking into my eyes again.

“Sleep well” he whispered and I smiled.

“Get home safely” I said as we broke away from the hug and he walked away and ce to wave at me. I went into my building and stood in my hall, taking of my shoes when I realized something.

I don’t have his number!

That second my phone rang and I looked at the caller ID.

Kris :)

It said and I started wondering how it appeared there as I answered.

“Yoboseyo?”

Hi, it’s me Kris.”

How did you get my number?” I asked while giggling a little as I kicked off my shoes and walked into my living room.

Well, I kind of borrowed your phone when you was in the bathroom” he confessed and I laughed.

“Are you getting home safely?”

I’ll be home in a few minutes”

Then I can talk to you a little longer.” I said and we talked until he was at his own place and even to three in the morning, about what to do about us and we decided that we were now a dating couple, even after just one date.

The next day I was half dead in school, luckily it was the end of the semester so we didn’t have much school, mostly lessons without a real content so I could easily doze off for a few hours of so.

After school Jessica, Min and I walked over to the mall again. That is the place where we spend our afternoons. I yawned as we entered the mall and Jessica looked at me.

“Yah, why are you so tired today? You’re never this tired” she said and pouted. I smiled when remembering what I had done the previous night to make me so tired.

“I was just talking on the phone with someone” I said and smiled dreamily and Min and Jessica looked at me as if I was crazy.

“Who?” Min asked and I smirked.

“You’ll see” I said as we entered the shop where Kris worked. Jessica looked over at him and sighed.

At that moment he looked over at us and spotted us. A smile broke out on his lips and he walked over to us. I saw Jessica stiffen a little and I giggled. Min looked weirdly at both of us and shook her head.

Kris walked past Jessica whose smile faltered a little and he approached me. I smiled as he put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug before kissing me softly on the lips.

I heard Jessica gasp silently, barely loud enough for me to hear. Then Kris and I broke our kiss and looked at each other before I turned to Min and Jessica with Kris still hugging me.

“Guys, this is Kris, we’re dating” I said and Min smiled and Jessica looked a bit defeated but smiled none the less.

We talked for a while with Kris and he told me that we’d see each other in a few days and he’d call me. Jessica, Min and I walked outside and Jessica turned to me.

“Well… I’m happy for you” she said and I smiled.

“Well, you did say that you give up so… yeah” I said and we laughed. I was happy that she didn’t take it badly.