Kai - Prom

EXO One-shots

I sat in my classroom with my friend Yoojin. She hurried through her homework that she hadn’t done.

“Hey, Ara. Are you going to the prom tomorrow?” she suddenly asked and closed her book. I looked over at her and sighed.

“’I don’t know. I don’t want to go alone” I said and looked out the door from the classroom. Outside there I saw the one whom I wanted to go with.

Jongin.

But I lacked confident to ask him. He stood there outside my classroom, talking with Oh Sehun, whom Yoojin was going with to prom tomorrow. Yoojin looked at the two of them and Sehun turned to look at her. She smiled and he smiled back while he raised his hand and waved at her. She waved back and sighed happily. Jongin turned to look at who Sehun was waving too and spotted us.

Our eyes connected and I felt like I was under a spell as he stared at me with those dark eyes. A chill ran down my spine and I held in a silent moan as he stared into my eyes.

He had not just dark piercing eyes but his skin also had this dark exotic shade and that made him even more exiting to know about. People didn’t know much about him since he just moved to this school about two months ago.

Our eye contact broke when he flashed me a small smile and I just had to look away or he would have seen the blush that crept up on my cheeks. I looked down at the table and the next second the bell rang and the students flooded into the classroom, Jongin returning to his classroom a few rooms down the corridor.

We sat through the one and a half hour of studying the bell rang once again, signaling that it was lunch time. I left the room with Yoojin and we walked outside the school and sat down by a pair of tables and took out our food and started eating.

We sat together talking when Yoojin stopped talking and looked at something behind me. I turned around and looked up to meet Jongin’s gaze at me. I felt my cheeks flush and I gulped nervously.

“H-Hi Jongin”

“Hi Ara.” He said and sat down next to me, back against the table. “I was wondering if you are going to the prom tomorrow?”

“Uh, I don’t know. Maybe. Why?” I asked and looked at Jongin as he looked down at his hands.

“I was just wondering if you wanted to go with me. To prom I mean”

I felt my heart beat faster and my cheeks flush even more.

Jongin is asking ME to prom?

“Y-Yes, I would love to” I said with a smile and he looked up at me with that smile again.

“Great. Then- Then I’ll pick you up tomorrow evening. And I’ll give you my number to” he said with a smile and I fished up my phone and handed him it. He gave me his phone and I added my number to his phone. Then he stood up and left us and waved at me once before he was pounced by Sehun and Chanyeol who began teasing him and nudging his head.

I turned to Yoojin again and she smiled before she started teasing me and it resulted in that I threw a newspaper that was beside me at her.

On the Friday afternoon I was at home, nervously pacing my room.

“What if he doesn’t find our place? What if he’ll forget?” I said and my mum sighed. She grabbed my shoulders and hugged me.

“It’s going to be fine darling” she said and caressed my hair. Somehow her hugs always made me calm down.

“Yeah. I’ll be fine” I said and she smiled and then let go of me.

“So what time was he going to pick you up?”

“At 6”

“Well, that’s in two hours, let’s get working on making you even more beautiful” she said and smiled. I nodded and we walked into my room. I had already taken a shower but my long hair was still wet. She picked up a blow-dryer and started drying my hair as I sat in front of my makeup table and the mirror.

After blow-drying my hair she curled it in big loose curls and sprayed it. I sat in place and let her do it. She is working as a make-up artist so I knew that she’d make a great job.

“Your dress is red and purple mix colored, right?” she asked and I nodded. She then asked me to turn to her and she started putting on my make-up. I felt her work on it and I just sat there letting her make her work. She finished my makeup after a long while and lastly she put on mascara on my eyes before I turned around and looked at myself in the mirror.

I almost didn’t recognize myself as I saw my reflection in the mirror. I had my eyes done in a smokey like fashion, this time in the colors of pink in the inner part of the eyelid, the middle was a darker shade of red and the outer was a dark wine red color. I my lips were in a light pink color and my eyelashes were dark.

“You look so beautiful” she said as she leaned down next to me. I smiled and thanked her.

“I love you mom” I said and she smiled.

“Jongin should be coming in a fifteen minutes, let’s get you dressed.” She said and I nodded. She pulled out the big flowy dress out of my closet and hung it on the door. I took on a pair of fitting underwear for the dress before we took it down and I slipped into it. I lifted it up to my body and she pulled up the zipper at my back.

“Oh my, I’m going to start crying” my mother said and I laughed.

“Why? Don’t cry” I said and hugged her.

“You just look so beautiful”

“It’s all thanks to you mom”

I walked to my full body mirror and looked into it. I was wearing a purple pink mix colored dress that was strapless. The top was rather tight against my body and had glitter and sparkles on it. From the waist and down it was puffy and moved with me as I walked. I smiled as I looked into the mirror.

That exact moment the doorbell rang. I looked at mom and we looked at the clock.

“I’ll get it!” she said and ran out the door. I sighed and I heard her open the door and say hi to Jongin. I pulled on my heels and took my small purse and put my phone and home keys in it before exiting my room. I looked around the corner of the wall and down. I looked at Jongin as he stood there in a tuxedo, looking absolutely gorgeous. I sighed and walked out to the stair and I saw him look up.

He stopped and stared at me as I made my way down and as I was at the last steps he offered me his hand and I took it cautiously and he held it in his as I stepped the last step and stood beside him.

“Wow. You look gorgeous” he said and I blushed.

“Thank you” I mumbled and he suddenly let go of my hand.

“I have something for you” he said and turned his back to me. He then turned back and showed me a necklace. It was a purple heart. I smiled and thanked him, telling him he didn’t need to while he put it on me.

“Okay, now, let’s take some pictures!” I heard my mom sing as she came out to the hall with a camera in hand. I groaned.

“Mom” I whined and Jongin laughed a little.

“Come on, it’d be nice to remember this day right?” he whispered and I blushed as he wrapped his arm around my waist and took my hand in his. My mom took at least 20 pictures before we really had to go and we walked outside. Outside stood a white limo and Jongin led me to the door and opened it. I looked inside and saw Yoojin smiling at me.

“Finally, I thought you’d never come” she said and I hit her arm as I climbed into the car. Jongin helped my with my dress, as the gentleman he is, and closed the door after he sat down beside me. We rode to the place where the prom would be with Yoojin, Sehun, Chanyeol and a girl called Mei that Chanyeol was going with.

We arrived a few minutes later and drove up to the entrance. The driver got out and opened the door for us. Jongin stepped out and then he turned to me and held his hand out to me. I took it in mine and he helped me out of the car. He held onto my hand as he hooked my arm around his and we started walking to the doors.

We got inside and to take photos when we got inside. Jongin pulled me close to himself as we stood in front of the camera and smiled. I smiled to and we took a few couple shots and then we took a few with Sehun, Yoojin, Chanyeol and his girl. Then we walked into the ballroom. As we entered a lot of girls turned to look at us. Mainly because I was with Jongin who was the one they all had wanted to go with. I knew this because; I had heard them talking about that they were going to ask him but that they had heard that he had already asked someone and they were envious.

They threw me nasty glares and I looked down as I loosened my grip around his arm. He looked at me but I just smiled at him. We found our seats, ate a little and then we were moved to where the dance floor was. I knew that Jongin was a great dancer and could already guess that he would pull me up to dance. 

And that’s what he did. He dragged me up on the dance floor and started dancing in front of me. I first stood there awkwardly and he took my hands in his, swaying them from side to side with a ridiculous smile on his lips.

I laughed and started to slowly move myself with the music. He smiled and soon we were dancing together to the music. A few songs later I felt the need to go to the bathroom and I told Jongin I’d be right back.

I took Yoojin with me to the bathroom and we entered together. It was empty but when I got into the booth a group of girls entered.

“Did you see who Jongin came with? I can’t believe her!” One of them said and another one answered her.

“I know right! She looked horrible!”

The insults didn’t stop there and I waited in the booth until the girls left. I looked down at the floor and I heard the door beside me open.

“Ara?” I heard Yoojin's voice say and I opened the door after I gulped down the tears I wanted to cry but forced myself not to.

She looked at me with pity in her eyes.

“Don’t listen to them, I know they’re just jealous, and so do you” She said and I nodded. We washed out hands and then left the bathroom and found Sehun and Jongin a few feet away.

“There you are, you took ages!” Sehun said and Yoojin hit his arm.

“You okay?” Jongin asked me as he probably spotted the sad look I had on my face.

“Oh, yeah” I said and attempted a smile. He put his arm around my shoulder and hugged me closer, which made me feel a little bit better. Then he kissed my temple when he let go and I blushed a little. We walked into the ballroom again while Jongin had his arm around me and the music had stopped.

Mrs. Kim stood on the stage, and it was apparently time to select the prom king and queen.

“And this year’s prom King is…” she opened the envelope and read the name “Kim Jongin” she said and the spotlight was on him. I smiled and urged him on as he cautiously walked up, got a crown on his head and then stood there awkwardly on stage.

“And this year’s prom queen is… Kim Eunji” she said and one of the school queenkas walked up on stage with a smile on her lips as the crown was placed on her head. She smiled as she grabbed Jongin’s arm and the school magazine took pictures of them.

I smiled sadly as Jongin posed for the photos and then the two of them got down from stage. The nights first slow song started and the two of them was supposed to do the dance. I saw Jongin look over at me when Eunji latched herself onto Jongin and I smiled sadly at him.

He placed his hands on her hips as they swayed around at their place on the floor and I turned my back against the dance floor when the others started dancing. I walked out to the balcony that was at the second floor, where we were right now, and leaned my hands on the railing.

I looked up at the stars and sighed heavily. I took in a deep breath of the cool night air and turned around when I heard someone talk.

“I found you” It was Jongin who stood by the door and I sighed. He walked over to me and leaned toward the railing as he stood with his back against it. I looked out at the garden and he continued talking. “You know, I didn’t want to win this.” He said as he held onto the crown. I looked at it and then at him.

“I find it incredibly stupid to want something like this” he continued and put the crown on the table seated beside him. I didn’t say anything. “Do you know why I asked you to go to the prom with me?” he then asked and I froze. I had no idea actually.

“No…” I answered carefully and he smiled.

“Because I like you.” I stiffened and looked out at the garden.

“I wanted to go out with you, even if it was just this only time.”

“why?” I asked, because I couldn’t believe my ears.

“Why? Easy, Because you’re the one. You’re amazing. You’re the cutest girl I’ve seen. And I’ve seen you a lot around school and I always find you amazingly beautiful” he said and looked at me.

I couldn’t look back at him and I heard him sigh and then he turned around to look out at the garden too. He stood so that our shoulders were touching and he placed his hand over mine.

I looked down at our hands and then at him. He looked down at me and put his other hand on my cheek and then he leaned down toward my face. I closed my eyes and the next second I felt his lips on mine. I felt those soft warm lips on mine and softened. Our lips molded together in harmony and I could hear the imaginary fireworks going off. He slowly pulled away and our lips left each other, aching for more.

I opened my eyes and looked at Jongin who smiled at me then he pulled me close to himself.

“Now I want to ask you. Ara, would you like to be my girlfriend?” he asked me and I nodded while smiling. He leaned down again and pressed his lips against mine.

__________

A/N: Yes... well... for now, that's all about it. I will try to brainstorm some more but I have a few longer fics that I have to work on so... yeah... but it was nice writing these and I will hopefully be uploading more in august... I'm going away for almost the whole of July so...

Have a nice summer, AND GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GO OUTSIDE TO MEET FRIENDS AND SWIM IN THE POOL AND EAT ICE CREAM, AND STRAWBERRIES AND... yeah... OKAY! :3

SEE YOU SOMETIME

PYONG~