D.O - The Tutor

EXO One-shots

I sighed as I looked at my recent math test. Another E. I sighed and shook my head as I let out a frustrated groan and tugged a little at my hair. The bell to signal the end of class rung and I stood up, packing my bag when my teacher called my name.

“Hyojin, can I talk to you for a moment?” she asked and I walked up to her desk at the front of the room.

“Yes Mrs. Kim” I said and she looked at me while she sighed.

“I’m disappointed in you Hyojin.” She began and I looked down at the floor. “I know you can do better. You’re a smart girl” she said and I felt a lump growing in my throat. “So I’ve set you up with a tutor”

“What?” I looked up at Mrs. Kim and she smiled.

“It’s just to help you. He’s in the same grade as you and he is good at math and he agreed onto tutoring you” Mrs. Kim said and I could hear the door behind me open. I turned around and saw Do Kyungsoo from class 4-1 look inside at me and Mrs. Kim with his big eyes.

“Oh, Kyungsoo, you’re here. Come in.” Mrs. Kim said and Kyungsoo walked inside the classroom and up to the desk. I felt my cheeks flush and felt myself get nervous. Kyungsoo is the boy I have been crushing on since two years back, so of course I would be nervous.

“Kyungsoo, this is Hyojin. You are going to tutor her until she has her math test next week and until she has raised her grades” Mrs. Kim said and Kyungsoo nodded. I looked down at the ground, embarrassed. It was embarrassing to have your crush know that you needed help in something that he was good at.

“So I expect you to help her” Mrs. Kim said and Kyungsoo nodded and he turned towards me. We walked out the classroom and started heading to the schools entrance.

“So what days do you have time to study after school?” Kyungsoo asked and I sighed.

“Every day is possible for me” I said and he nodded.

“Then, what days of the week do you have math?”

“Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays”

“Then we’ll study those days so that we can go through what you went through during the day. And then the rest of the days let’s do some little bit more difficult questions”

I nodded and we decided that we would meet up after school the next day, on Tuesday, and go to my house to study. We said goodbye and I walked home. That was actually the second time ever that I had talked to Kyungsoo. The first time was when I accidentally ran into him and we both dropped all our things. We helped each other with our things and then said goodbye. I bet he doesn’t even remember that time.

The next day I sat in math class, really trying to understand but I never did. That was the problem. I didn’t understand what Mrs. Kim tried to explain and that lead to my rather bad grades. I mean, sure, I didn’t get an F, but I wanted better grades than an E.

When the last bell rang I started packing my bags.

“Ey! Kyungsoo, what’s up? Coming out with us to eat?” I could hear Chanyeol from my class say and I looked up to see Kyungsoo stand next to Chanyeol who was just exiting the room.

“No, I have to help Hyojin with her math” Kyungsoo said and I blushed. Chanyeol looked over at me and then at Kyungsoo. I took my bag and walked over to Kyungsoo.

“Eh~ You don’t need to lie. Just tell us the truth if you’re going on a date with her!” Chanyeol said and hit Kyungsoo’s arm. I blushed furiously and looked down at the ground.

“No-no! I am really tutoring her!” Kyungsoo said and shoved Chanyeol a little.

“Fine, tell me whatever you want” Chanyeol said and walked away, laughing at Kyungsoo and me.

“I’m sorry about him. He’s always like that” Kyungsoo said while scratching the back of his head. I shook my head. We began walking to my place and we stopped outside the door. I opened the door and we stepped inside, took of our shoes and said hello to my mom who came to see who had come home.

Kyungsoo introduced himself and we told my mother we’d be upstairs in my room studying. I took Kyungsoo up to my room and we sat down at my desk.

“So, what is it that you need help with?” Kyungsoo asked and I sighed.

“It’s about everything really.”

“How can it be everything, there must be something that you understand” he said and I sighed.

“Yes, I do understand most of it but it’s the thing about how Mrs. Kim explains. I don’t understand what she’s trying to explain, how it is as it is and why. And how I’m supposed to figure it out” I said and I saw Kyungsoo nod.

“Let’s start of here” he said and opened my math book. He started to explain what there was to do and then how I was supposed to do it. I had to ask him a couple of times to explain to me more clearly why and how it was done. I was happy when he didn’t get angry with me when I asked and he seemed to have a good temper.

“So… If 3x+15=87… then I subtract 87 with 15 to get how much 3x is…”

“Exactly”

“And that is 72… then I divide 72 with 3 to get how much one x is… right?”

“Yes”

“And that’s 24?”

“Yes”

I nodded and smiled. This wasn’t as complicated as I thought.  We worked our way through the book together, slowly so that I understood and I did a few of the questions on every chapter. We were finished after what seemed to be about 4 hours and Kyungsoo went home.

On Wednesday he came to my house again. We sat in my room and I worked on my math as he worked on some other subject beside me. I noticed how he would pause at times and look at me for a while before looking down in his book again.

When I didn’t understand something I asked him to explain and he would help me understand and then we would continue with our own.

Thursday we went through what Mrs. Kim had gone through at class and once again I understood it better when Kyungsoo explained to me.

“I have done a mini-test for you to see what we have to do tomorrow so that you can be ready for the test next week” Kyungsoo said and took out a couple of papers from my bag and handed them to me. I sighed deeply and took my pen in my hand.

“You have an hour” he said and I nodded as I began to work. I thought through every question carefully before answering and I gave it back to Kyungsoo 5 minutes before the time was out.

“Have you checked it through?” he asked and I nodded. I had double checked everything. He smiled and started going through it. I sat anxiously waiting for him to finish scoring the test. He looked up and smiled at me.

“It’s good, but you still need to work just a little at the different formulas in geometry.” He said and I nodded. “But I have to go now actually” he said and started to stand up. He had barely been here half the time that he usually was. I looked at him, a little confused.

“I have work I have to attend to but I’ll see you tomorrow” he said and smiled. I nodded as my heart beat an extra hard beat when he smiled. I followed him to the door and he left waving.

Friday afternoon we sat once more in my room and studied. I had grown comfortable with his presence during these past few days and would enjoy his company.

Week-end was spent alone at home, studying for the final math test of the year. It was the one that was going to decide what grade I was getting.

On Monday I sat in the classroom with the test in front of me. I tried to remember everything Kyungsoo had taught me as I scribbled down answers to the questions and checked it all three times before leaving it to Mrs. Kim to grade. I sat on my seat the rest of the time, what felt like an hour but was actually just 10 minutes, before the bell rang and the class ended, signaling that it was lunch time.

I didn’t really eat anything during lunch because I was so nervous about my math test that Mrs. Kim would be giving us our results of after lunch on our next period. My friend Nana forced a piece of apple into my mouth so that I would at least eat something before we headed back to class.

Mrs. Kim was still grading our tests when our next period began and she ordered us to study anything out of our own choice and I took up my English course book. I didn’t really read it but looked through it until Mrs. Kim announced that she was finished. She started calling up names and the students walked up to her, got their test results back and left the classroom.

“Lee Hyojin” she finally called my name and I almost flew up to her table from my seat. I nervously took the papers she was holding and she smiled at me. ”Good job, I knew you could do it” she said and I turned my paper to see a big B on it. A smile broke out on my lips when I walked out the door and I instantly started running. I needed to find Kyungsoo and thank him.

I ran to the other side of the school where I knew his homeroom was and I saw him walk down the corridor, away from me and toward the door.

“Kyungsoo!” I yelled and he turned around. I ran up to him and held up the test to him. “Look, I got a B!” I smiled and he smiled looking at me. I unconsciously threw my arms around his neck and hugged him.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you Kyungsoo!” I said and I heard him laugh and hug me back. Then I realized what I was doing and broke away from him. I looked down at the floor with red cheeks and he chuckled a little.

“I’m happy for you” he said and I looked up at him. He smiled unsurely and I nodded.

“Now you don’t have to help me with math anymore. I guess you’re relieved” I said and laughed a small fake laugh, hoping he wouldn’t notice it.

“Ah, yeah” he said awkwardly and laughed a little. I admit, I will be missing our afternoons together but that wasn’t anything I would tell him.

“Well… Have a good weekend” I said turning around while walking away from him. I was almost at the other end of the corridor when he yelled my name.

“Hyojin!”

I turned and looked at Kyungsoo as he ran up to me. He stopped in front of me and looked at me.

“I-I wanted to tell you that. This past week has been really enjoyable. I like spending time with you and I’ve realized that I like you. I like how you crease your forehead when you’re thinking. And I like it how you always carefully ask for help when you need it. I just wanted you to know that I like you and ask if you maybe wanted to go out with me tomorrow?”

I froze and looked at him as he stared at me with a hoping gaze.

“A-ah… Forget it” he said and turned to leave. I panicked and grabbed his arm.

“No, no! Kyungsoo. I mean, I-I was so surprised” I said and he looked at me. I gulped once and then let go of his arm. “I-I really like you too. I mean, I have since two years back when I first met you. And I would like to go out with you tomorrow”

Kyungsoo’s face broke out in a smile and he hugged me close to his body.

“Thank you” he said and I smiled. He let go of me and asked for my number and we were just exchanging numbers when we heard Chanyeol yell to him.

“Ey! Kyungsoo! Are you going out tonight with Hyojin again?” Chanyeol yelled out and we turned to look at him.

“No! But I am tomorrow!” Kyungsoo yelled back and I blushed when people in the corridor looked at us.

“Oh, really?” Chanyeol asked, surprised and walked up to us. “You know I was just kidding right?” he asked as he stood beside us.

“I know. But I wasn’t” Kyungsoo said and Chanyeol smiled while looking at me.

“Tell me if that guy ever bothers you in a bad way” Chanyeol said to me as he put his arm over my shoulder. I nodded and smiled. “Should we go home now?” he asked and I nodded.

“Wait…” Kyungsoo said, looking at us with a questioning look. “What is this?” he said and pointed at Chanyeol and me.

“What?” Chanyeol said as he stood beside me with an arm over my shoulder.

“I mean, why are you so close! She’s mine!” Kyungsoo said and yanked me out from under Chanyeol’s am. I started laughing and so did Chanyeol. Kyungsoo looked us with a bewildered look and I held onto his arm for support.

“Kyungsoo, Chanyeol is just my cousin! He’s coming over to my place today because it’s my dad’s birthday and the family is celebrating” I said and smiled at Kyungsoo. His cheeks turned red and he looked down at the ground, probably embarrassed about what he had thought.

“It’s okay Kyungsoo, I know you want your girl all by yourself but you have to share her with others at times” Chanyeol said and chuckled a little. “And it’s cute how protective you are of her already” he said and Kyungsoo looked up at him.

“I am not cute! And ew, why would you call me cute?” Kyungsoo scolded Chanyeol and I giggled.

“You are cute” I said and pinched his cheek. Kyungsoo blushed and looked at me.

“Okay… I am cute” he mumbled and I smiled.

______

A/N: Hi again :3 I have two more oneshots that I'm gonna upload right now! So stay tuned...DON'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!!

.........

I just had too...

Not funny...? Okay...