One Year Later

Living Out a Song

“Min Hee, I will be going ahead now. I really liked the bike and I want to use it as possible. Tell unnies that I have homework to do in the library. I will just eat in the cafeteria. Okay?” you told Min Hee as you got out from the house. He was wiping the car clean when you talked to him. He looked like he would hesitate but he just said “Okay. Take care! And get home early!”

You waved goodbye and mount on your bike. It was still very early and there are less people and cars outside. You enjoy the new morning breeze as you took on streets and roads. As you approach the academy, your enjoyment is slowly replaced by terror. You remembered the performance and your heart starts beating fast. You put your bike in the rack and entered.

“You both are the talk of the school today! Congratulations!” Hee Joo said as she joined you and Jino for lunch.

“What is so good about that? Look, they are staring at us! It gives me the creeps, like I did something wrong.” You said, looking at your surroundings. You never touched your food and neither did you eat breakfast. Because of your nervousness, you never were hungry.

“What are you talking about? All students think that you are their knight in shining armor. If you win this thing, you might destroy the reputation of the Big Three.” She explained.

“What if we didn’t? Ugh, I have to be ready for the beating…” you said, losing hope.

“Hey hey. Calm down. We will get through this. If we got lost, we will face it together, okay? Now, would you please eat something? You will need some strength.” Jino said, smiling. You sighed and eat as many as you can. Then, the three bullies stop by at your table. Jino quickly got up and covered you from them.

“What do you want?” Jino said.

“We just want to stop by and check on both of you because we are very worried that you might commit suicide instead of facing defeat.” Dong Woo said, making all of them three laugh. You flinched when he said the word ‘suicide’ and Jino felt it.

“We are fine. You should get going now because I know you still need practice.” Jino said. Just then, the hot-tempered Eun Kwang were about to hit Jino when you got in between.

“Save it for later. We got a deal right? Better abide in it!” you told Eun Kwang with so much courage and power. He somehow back off.

“C’mon. We should get ready.” Chan Mi said. She probably realized that you are a person they should never underestimate since that time at the Japanese class. They took off as you realized that all students are looking at you. You just took your seat with Jino and Hee Joo.

 

“Hee Joo, are you sure we need to wear something like this? Nobody told me we need to be formal.” you said as you got out of the dressing room. She brought a dress for you and a suit for Jino as a support. She knows both of you didn’t know that in seasonal shows, the competitors should be formal.

 

shalalajjd831violetkore.jpg
 

 

“Its suits you! Omo~ you look so beautiful. I just bought it yesterday and I know I pick the right style and size. I should just be a stylist!” she said proudly, pushing you on the chair and putting on make-up to your face.

 

“Woah! What is that? We never talked about make-up? You just told me to wear this…” you said, avoiding the blush-on Hee Joo was holding.

“It doesn’t suit to be formal and no make-up. Come on! I promise you, you will look gorgeous. Just stay still okay?” She said, holding your head tightly.

You have no choice but to obey. You just sit still for minutes, letting Hee Joo do whatever she likes. You have never put on make-up. Besides, its time consuming and hard to do for a beginner like you. Hee Joo said she was finished and motioned you to look at the mirror. When you turn around, you were shocked and speechless. You touched your face to check if it is really your face you are looking at.

“I know I know. I did a wonderful job. Now let’s see if Jino wore the suit right.” She said as she pulls you away from the front of the mirror. 

 

images1rnu.jpg
 

 

“Hey, are you sure we need to wear something like this? Nobody told me we need to be formal.” Jino said as you found him staring at the mirror. He was practically confused about something. “Did I did this right?” he said, turning around while holding the necktie. When he saw you, he stared.

“What are you twins? You practically said the same thing! Let me help you with that.” She said as she approached him. He never moved but just stares at you.

“HEY! Stop looking at me like I’m a zombie or something. I might melt! Hee Joo, I told you I would look ridiculous!” you said, getting tissue and ready to wipe the make up off.

Jino quickly stopped you. ”Okay, I’m sorry. Its just you look…beautiful…” he said as he immediately turned around, hiding his blushed face. You did the same, too. Hee Joo broke the silence and said “C’mon people, we got a show to do!” pushing you, two out of the dressing room.

........................................................

“Good afternoon everyone! Welcome to the SEA Academy Seasonal Show. I could see there are a lot of spectators here. Well, we have a good line-up for the show this afternoon but the highlight would be the challenge. I would not waste any of the time and may I present to you, Dal Shabet with their first single, Supa Dupa Diva!” the host, who, you believed, is SHINee’s Onew said.

You were backstage, peeping through the audience. Your heart skipped a beat when you saw that the SNSD was there, watching. They didn’t know that you were included in the show. You are all sweaty now and nervous.

“Hey, are you okay?” Jino asked with concerned eyes.

“Yeah, ye-yeah, I’m fine! Just nervous and all.” You answered, a little fidgety.

“Just remember, whatever happens, it’s going to be okay. I’ll find a way for us to avoid the beating and humiliation. I’ll protect you…” Jino said. You can’t believe what he said. You just stared at him and try to process what you heard.

“You know, we should pray.” You held his hand and led a prayer.

.................................................................................

“Thank you, Ivy, for that wonderful performance. Now, the highlight of the show, the challenge! First to perform will be the Dong Woo – Chan Mi tandem, followed by the challengers, Jino and Min Yeon. Let’s give them a warm round of applause!” Onew said. The audience then became interested, especially SNSD who was surprised to hear your name.

“Did I hear right? Min Yeon and Jino as the challengers?” Taeyeon asked the girls.

“Yeah, I think they are. We should support them!” Sunny said, booing the first pair.

Chan Mi, wearing a pink dress looking like this: 

626647417.jpg

went to the center stage. The music, which has a bouncy rhythm to it, can now be heard. 

Even you, you sway your head to the song. She started smoothly and you can’t doubt she really has a good voice. When the end of the chorus is near, Dong Woo, wearing:

 freeshippingdressthegro.jpg

appeared suddenly. Chan Mi can be seen giggling while staring Dong Woo singing. When they sang, their voices fit perfectly and it gives you goosebumps. You suddenly thought that you won’t win this thing. But you saw something. As Chan Mi wanted to have a moment with Dong Woo while singing, he would always shove aside Chan Mi to have his moment. He became selfish for the spotlight and would ignore Chan Mi. She, on the other hand, can see it but she continued to sing half-heartedly. They finished the song, Dong Woo was contented but Chan Mi stormed out of the stage.Everything feels alright, only with you, my boo

 


Namjachinguga saenggimyeon hago sipdeon il neomuna manha 
Nan neul kkumeul kkueosseo
Cheot beonjjae gilgeorieseo kiseuhae bogi 
Du beonjjaen mallya chuncheonhaeng saebyeok gicha
Se beonjjae sopung gagi 
Ne beonjjae deunge eophigi 
Daseot beonjjae keopeullingeun gibon
Boo boo boo jeongmal dalkomhal geoya

Wae ireoke dugeun dugeun dugeun ttwini saenggangman haedo 
Han gajissik maeil maeil maeil neowa da hae bol geoya
Nan nega isseo haruga jeulgeowo ijeneun duriraneun ge
Nae sojunghan neo, baby baby baby baby baby boo~

Yeojachinguga saenggimyeon hago sipdeon il naegedo manha 
Hangsang bureowo haesseo
Yeoseot jjae simyayeonghwa 
Ilgop jjae noridongsando 
Yeodeorp beonjjae kkamjjak ibenteudo
Boo boo boo jeongmal haengbokhal geoya

Wae ireoke dugeun dugeun dugeun ttwini saenggangman haedo
Han gajissik maeil maeil maeil neowa da hae bol geoya
Nan nega isseo haruga jeulgeowo ijeneun duriraneun ge
Nae sojunghan neo, baby baby baby baby boo~ yeah~ 

Honjayeotdeon saengiri hal il eopdeon jumari
Ireum buteun naldeuri ijen gidaryeojyeo

Duriraseo joha hamkkeraseo joha

Eodie itdeunji tto mueol hadeunji neowa

Na geu junge jeil jeil jeil hago sipdeon han gaji

Neol saranghae geu mal geu mal geu mal han beon malhae boneun il
Neol saranghae geu mal geu mal geu mal han beon deureo boneun il
Naege wa jwoseo neomuna gomawo nae gyeote nega inneun ge
Namanui sarang, baby baby baby baby boo~
Baby baby baby (my one and only love) baby boo~

Before you realized you were the next to perform, Hee Joo pushed you to the stage. She mouthed Good Luck to you and Jino, who was now in the seat holding his guitar. The light is still out when you took your seat in front of the piano. When they opened the spotlight, you were in awe of the number of people watching you. You could even see SNSD giving you standing ovation and you’re not starting yet. You felt like your soul was taken out of your body and left you at the stage, but you saw Jino who was smiling. He nodded, signaling to start.

 

 
You looked at the piano, the keys, took a deep breath and started. You started off a little shaky but you managed to control your voice. At the end of the chorus, Jino sang his part and it was perfect. For the bridge, both of you are now looking at each other. You could really feel the song but you aren’t in your own world. You have included Jino in it. You both achieved the high notes without difficulty and was able to finish the song beautifully.

Hanchameul kkumeul kkun geot gata

Handongan hemaego hemaeda
Machi yaksogirado han deut
Nae gyejeoreul geoseulleo geu nalcheoreom
Maju seoinneun uri

Geu ttae uriga sseonaeryeogatdeon areumdawotdeon iyagi
Geu ttae uriga gidohaesseotdeon yeongwon hajadeon yaksokdeul
Hanassik tteoollida naui gaseumi
Gyeondiji mot halgeol algie
Ne saenggage kkukkkuk chamasseo
Neoui il nyeoneun tto eottaesseonni

Hanchameul ijeun chae saratji
Handongan gwaenchanheun deut haesseo
Hajiman sigani heureumyeon kkaedara gago isseo
Neo eobsineun naneun an doendaneun geol

Geu ttae uriga aju jogeumman eoreunseureo wotdeoramyeon
Geu ttae uriga micheo mollatdeon jigeumeul aratdeoramyeon
Kkeuchi eomneun huhoeman doe noeidaga igyeonael jasini eobseoseo
Geu geot majeo kkuk kkuk chamasseo
Geureoke il nyeoni heulleowasseo

Hoksi neodo nae mam gateulkka
Dasi han beonman gihoereul jugenni
Ijen ara jeoldaero urineun heeojil su eobseo
Saranghago tto saranghaneun hansaram

Uri johatdeon cheoeum geu ttaero dasi doragasseumyeon hae
Areumdawotgo haengbokhaesseotdeon sarangieotdeon naldeullo
Gaseum apeun yaegideul heotdoen datumdeul
Ijen modu da mudeo dugo
Dasin kkeonaeji malgiro hae
Gyejeori tto heulleo
Myeot nyeoni jinado
Oneul gateun mamman dasin eopge

 

The audience was touched and gave you standing ovation. SNSD was shouting “Min Yeon! Min Yeon!” as a fan chant. You were so happy that you even hugged Jino when you got backstage. You hugged him tightly. He was shocked but hugged you back. Hee Joo joined in but you and Jino became awkward to each other. SNSD managed to slip backstage ad congratulate you. They were so proud that they gave you another group hug. Then Hyoyeon said, “hey, introduce us to your friends.”

“Ow, sorry, this is Hee Joo and this one is Jino. Guys, this is…”

“SNSD, yes we know!” both of them shouted, still in shock. They were supposed to give handshakes to the members when Onew interrupted. “I like your song and I want to have the chance to sing it. Anyway, it seems we need to have a little intermission. SNSD?”

“Oppa, we’re ready!” the girls said in unison.

“I think the judges are having a hard time determining the winner. So, as an intermission, we will have SNSD dancing to Into the New World.” Onew announced to the audience. Screams and shouts can be heard as the girls went to the stage. You took a chair beside Hee Joo and Jino to rest. “How did we do?” you asked Hee Joo.

“It was superb, honestly. You two could debut.” She complimented.

“That was a new experience for me. I never did and felt something like this before.” Jino said, obviously, still having a hangover from the performance and meeting SNSD. The girls finished their performance and the audience wants more. But Onew is now holding an envelope, possible containing the winners.

“I am now holding the envelope. The coordinator of this event just told me that whoever wins will gain a position to be a SM trainee ad will sure to debut immediately. This is a special package from the entertainment and our very lucky winners will be…” Onew said, opening the envelope. As a reaction, you held Jino’s hand and hold it tightly.

“Mr. Jino Cho and Min Yeon Park! Congratulations!” Onew said, motioning for both of you to come on stage. You can’t believe on what you just heard. As Jino was pulling you to the stage, you held Hee Joo’s hand to come with you. SNSD were jumping up and down, as if they won a Mutizen award. Confetti and balloons were falling down and you never felt so happy. Its saddened you at the same time because your mother isn’t here to share your happiness with you. You offered a little prayer to God and a thanks to your mom. :)

 

I'm sorry for posting very late. i was busy at school, as always. its a new term so...could feel a lot of pressure right now. hope you understand. i was so eager to finish this because i want to insert kyuhyun now on my fanfic. we will be seeing him on the next chapter and really more of him on the next chapters (Oh! My! Kyu!)...so comment and subscribe (if you havent) and let me know what you think. please do so, because i think i am having this thing called writer's block?! i need your comments as an energy in writing my fanfic. thanks SO much and God bless!