Hallyu Wave

Living Out a Song

 

“I am so overwhelmed with the results of your tests. So I will be giving back your booklets because I don’t want to remember any bitter memories for our last meeting. Luckily, we have Ms. Park to let me know that someone understood my lessons.” Ms. Hyori said to the class while giving you your booklet.

“Lets give her a round of applause!” the class cheered for you deserved it. “I will speak to you privately after our class. We have something we need to talk about”, she whispered to your ear. You got nervous as for the reasons. I did not cheat…you told yourself.

*RRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG

“Thank me for not letting you drop. Clearly, I don’t want to see your faces again in my class! Okay class! Thank you for a wonderful semester!” She shouted to the students with a smile who were hurrying for the door. As for you, you packed up your things and headed for the teacher’s table.

“I heard you’re a little composer…” she commented, sitting on the table and looking directly at you.

“I could compose but I’m not that good.” You said.

“You're being modest. I heard the song you wrote for your mother, sung by SNSD, so don’t tell me that you’re no good because I cried upon hearing that song. Anyway, the SMent will be having its annual Japan Hallyu Wave Festival on Friday and I want you to compose a Japanese song for that event. SMent will be strengthening its relationship with Avex Trax so as an intermission number, I want you to be the one up there. If you want some help, I will be available tomorrow and the other day.” She explained while packing her things.

You could not respond because it’s a big task given to you. But you don’t want to throw it away since it is an opportunity to improve your talents. “How about Chin Young?”

“Chin Young is good, but you’re better. And besides, you could compose. It was only a short notice for me that’s why i didn’t sought help from other professionals to compose and sing the song because I have you. I know you had only been enrolled half this term but they want a new face and fresh talent, so why not give it a try? But you must promise me to do your best!”

“Wow, miss….thats so…thank you!!!” you said, stuttering while bowing 90 degrees to her. She dismissed you and you went straight to your secret hiding place. As usual, only a piece of light could enter the unused room but giving you enough to see your masterpieces. You dust off the dirt in the chair and the piano with your hands. You sit by the piano and opened your folder containing your compositions. Luckily, you already have made some works but without words yet. As you scan, you noticed a composition half-finished. You remembered this piecework you were working on last year, when you saw your mother crying to her room. You don’t know why but there is something clutched in her hands. You were about to approach her when you had second thoughts. You just let her be…thinking it will be better if you do not disturb her. After that, this melody just kind of popped into your head.

Let’s see if we could put some words in you.

 

You kept on playing the melody over and over again until you could think of the lyrics to put in it. In just half an hour, you already finished the song. You scanned the surroundings to see if someone is watching you. When the coast is clear, you sang the song and it turned up pretty good. You just decided that you would give this to Ms. Hyori tomorrow. You pack up yourthings and head off.

Unknown to you, someone is listening on the other side of the room.

………………………………………

“Kyuhyun-ah, what are you doing here?” you asked Kyuhyun who was obviously waiting for a show in the plasma tv in the school. He was the only one seated in the chairs so you accompanied him. You got a little lost again in the old building that it took you about another 30 minutes to get to the lobby.

“Oh, hello. Uhm…I’m going to watch something.” He replied, showing a nervousness but he smiled to you a little bit. You were about to ask him about the show when you saw Jino in the hall busy talking in his cellphone. You excused yourself to him and ran down the hall to catch up with Jino. He turned around the corner. You slowed down a bit because you don’t want to bump into somebody just like you did with Kyuhyun. As you were nearing him, you heard the conversation.  

“No, I have not been in contact with them nor do they have been with me. So listen…”

“I know its my birthday tomorrow. No, I did not forget! How could I forget my own birthday?”

“Hahaha, very funny! In fact, that is the worst gift I would ever receive.”

“No! I will not go there! I planned on staying here.”

“No, no one knows about tomorrow, but I do not care.”

“Don’t you have anything to be busy about, noona? Because since I can remember, that is always your excuse!”

You did not mean to eavesdrop but you know he would be mad if he found out. So you tiptoed away from him, and then quickly ran. You found Kyuhyun again and sat beside him.

Breathe in, breathe out.

You were about to talk to Kyuhyun when you saw him slowly bowing his head, trying to avoid what he’s watching. Then you heard Seohyun’s voice from the tv. Apparently, he was watching a We Got Married episode. It shows Seohyun and a certain guy was buying rings in a cheap shop. You stared at the show for minutes, trying to register what they were doing.

Is she getting married with an unknown guy in public?

“Kyuhyun-ah! I don’t understand.” You told Kyuhyun, shaking him.

“Me neither” he whispered, some disappointment showing in his voice. He just looked down on the floor, avoiding the tv while he still hears Seohyun’s happy voice.

“Who is this guy and why does the show called We Got Married? Did they get married already? And couple rings? Is this some kind of a joke?” you asked, looking at the tv while still shaking Kyuhyun for a response.

“I don’t know, okay!” he shouted, breaking himself free from your shaking. You were about to say sorry when he took off.

Why did I kept shaking him, anyway?

“What did I miss?” Jino said, appearing from behind you.

Not wanting to talk about it, you just answered “Nothing. Lets go home.” Before you leave, you take a last look at the tv.

Seohyunnie, you have a lot of explanations to do.

.....................................................

SORRY FOR TAKING ME THREE MONTHS TO UPDATE!!! i was so busy with school...i just write parts of the story and it was only now that i  was able to post this...I'M SO SORRY!!! loyal readers...you still there?! :))))

ps: who got tumblr accounts...follow me amai-kioku.tumblr.com :)))