Starcraft

Living Out a Song

 

Kyuhyun woke up as soon as the sunlight reached his face. When he moved about his bed, he realized something is missing, or someone. Min Yeon. He sat upright and found the other side of his bed empty. “Min Yeon?” He called, but nobody answered. Where is she? He changed his clothes and went room to room, looking for you. His hyungs shook their head as Kyuhyun awoke them. When he was in the corridor, Kyuhyun smelled food. He quickly went downstairs and into the kitchen.

“Am I doing this right? Why is the color turning brown?” He heard your voice. When he opened the door, you and Ryeowook were cooking breakfast.

“Aish! I was looking for you! You should have left a note! I thought you ran away for your fear of the lightning or something…” He seems irritated so you pouted and replied “Leave a note? I was only here…I wanted to make something for all of you for your help so I thought of breakfast. I found Ryeowook here and he is teaching me right now.”

He can’t think of anything to say so he just became silent as he entered and sit. Then he noticed your clothes: shorts and tank top (from Heechul, by the way). “And what is that you’re wearing? Don’t you notice that this house is full of boys?” He took off his sweater and put it in you. You got surprised at his reaction while Ryeowook notices.

“Its laundry day today so Heechul only had these as his clothes. But, thanks.” You felt yourself blush so you got back to your cooking. “Wookie, I think this is finished!” You said with a smile.

……………………………………………….

“WOW! This is really good for a first-timer, Mi Yeon!” Shindong complimented while taking a second round on Gobchang. The boys all agreed and returned to their eating.

“I was simply obeying Wookie’s commands. It was his work, actually.” You said.

“Wookie’s cooking has never been this good. No offense, but I think you are his secret ingredient. Look at him! Even he is saying delicious.” Hangeng said, looking at Ryeowook who was nodding in agreement. You all laughed as Kangin brings in a new topic.

“Hey, Min Yeon. Did you know how terrified we were when we found you unconscious in Kyuhyun’s arms?” Everybody went quiet and some of them were glaring at him. You shook your head like it was okay to talk about. “Well, at first, Kyuhyun came into the house, carrying you bridal-style. He instructs everybody about what to do and what to bring for you like he was a surgeon doing an operation. We thought the worst, but fortunately…its just a bang in the head.”

“Yeah, Kyuhyun was like, ‘Hyung, bring this. Hyung bring that.’ We thought he was kidding but his face, though, was serious!” Leeteuk added.

“Hyung, cut it out.” Kyuhyun protested as he stood up and went to the sink.

“He was really concerned. It was the first time we have seen him like that. Pretty scary…” Yesung said in a whisper.

“Can I know, uhm, who undressed me? Its not him, is it?” You asked, also in a whisper.

“Ahhh, its Ahjumma, of course. We might be boys, but we are not erts.” Heechul answered.

“I know that. Just checking.” You gave them a smile and proceed to the sink, too. He was very concerned about me. Maybe that’s his response to any other girls, especially Seohyunnie, if he found them unconscious. Nothing special about it, so I shouldn’t assume anything…

…………………………………………..

“You need to be absent in your class today. You will need some rest. If you feel dizzy or any funny feeling in your head, you must call me immediately.” The doctor handed you his business card and exited living room. Mr. Lee then appeared and gave you a gift with a ‘get well soon card’. You quickly opened the box and found a blue teddy bear. Your eyes widened as you look at it with amazement.

“Uhm, I don’t know if you still like those…I can’t think of anything that might make you feel okay…” He said awkwardly. You suddenly hugged him and said “Thank you, Mr. Lee!” He smiled.

“If you remembered who were the people behind the attack, don’t be afraid to come to me okay? Now, go home and get some rest. I am uncomfortable with you living with these boys. Not that I don’t trust them or anything, they are very disciplined men. I don’t want you to be uncomfortable too.”

You shook your head in disagreement and said “I’m not feeling anything like that. I had fun and I learned to cook. We even composed a song on-the-spot! But I do want to go home, too. I miss my unnies…” He laughed.

"Oh, I almost forgot, tomorrow will be the taping of your Seoul song. My officials said they will include SNSD and Super Junior, i dont know yet who. So tomorrow, go with the girls, okay?" He said goodbye and exited the door.

When you went out, all of the boys were gone. You searched every room. Nothing. Then you found the gym and everyone of them is exercising. You count them and found two people missing. You entered their big gym and asked Siwon. “Where’s Kyuhyun and Wookie?”

Just then, Siwon took off his top and arranged the tread mill. “Ryeowook’s in the supermarket with ahjumma, probably buying lunch. Kyuhyun’s might be in his room.”

As he said that, you stared at his six-pack abs. “Wow, I want to have those…is it only exercise?”

“Yes, with proper diet…” Then he smiled and started running. You exited the gym and thought, Why isn’t Kyuhyun doing some exercise? That’s why he’s so skinny! You went to the third floor. As you approach his door, you heard him say “Die! You can’t touch me!” You got shocked and peeked.

“Huh! You think you can win? Well, you picked the wrong opponent!” He was shouting at his computer screen when he noticed you were there. He stood straight awkwardly and said “Uhm, I’m playing Starcraft. Do you want to watch?”

You chuckled at him and nodded, meaning yes. “I have to beware you, I am noisy…” You got a chair and place it beside his. “I will influence you, so that someday, I could have someone to play with.”

……………………………………………..

After an hour of watching and understanding the concept and rules of Starcraft, Wookie interrupted and asked you if you want to help him cook lunch. You excused youself from Kyuhyun and procedd to the kitchen. “Today’s lunch…Galbitang!”

After minutes of slicing, boiling, washing, and cooking, it was finished instantly. “You are a great assistant, Min Yeon. Sometimes, I think your improvisation is pretty good. Its like you are a cook at heart!”

In no time, the boys were already at the table but someone is missing. “Kyuhyun wouldn’t go out. He said his opponents are getting revenge.” Donghae said. You just prepared him his meal and went upstairs. You found him so focused and serious.

“Hey, its lunch time! Here’s your meal.” You placed it in the table and was about to leave when he said “I’m hungry but I couldn’t stop this. Would you mind spoon feeding me?”

You were about to reject his idea but you pitied him since you heard his stomach grumbled. “I’ll just get some extra spoon and fork so that I could eat here, too.”

“No need. I don’t mind for us to share the same spoon.” He seemed serious when he said that but in your thoughts, It would be just like, kissing him?!?!

You sat beside him and placed the spoon with food on front of his mouth. He opened it and chewed. You were so hungry, too that you ate his meal. Luckily, his meal is made or two. You also watched and cheered for him. Both of you were so busy with the game that you didn’t notice the door full of peeking heads. They closed it and Eunhyuk said “They look so good together…” They all nodded in agreement.

………………………………………

“Bye, Min Yeon. You could keep those clothes as my gift for cooking such great meals!” Heechul said. He gave you a hug, his being the last one of the 13 hugs you got, including ahjumma for taking care of you, too.

“Kamsahamnida for everything. See you soon! I’ll visit here whenever I can!” You waved goodbye as you entered the car. Kyuhyun followed. When the car drove off, Kyuhyun asked “Do you want to go to the cemetery?”

It seems out of the ordinary, him asking you that but he explained. “When you were unconscious, I heard you mumble things, most of them about your mom…” You thought for a moment and agreed to make a stop over there. It was a quiet trip. As soon as you got there, you quickly got out and went to your mother’s tombstone. You were surprised that it was cleaned and had fresh roses (your mother’s favorite) with candles lit already in it. You look at the place and found no one except Kyuhyun who was following you. Just then, you heard a car engine. You saw a black car leaving. You made a ran for it but unable to make it stop. You looked at the plates: PMK 815 and remembered it.

“Who was that?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I don’t know, but he knows my mother. And from the looks of it, he deeply cares about her. Its not an sment car, so its not Mr. Lee.”

There will come a time when everything will make sense.

......................................................................

yay! I was able to update at my first week of classes!!! clap clap clap! so....do you like it? :))) can't think of a better title though...