Puff the Magic Dragon

Living Out a Song

[FLASHBACK]

Today was so much fun! The food was so great that I was so full, I can't get up. But Siwon wanted to dance me and so did the other boys. It was tiring, imaginging 13 boys asking you to dance. Kyuhyun had most of my time, just because Seohyunnie is not there. I asked them to dance the SNSD girls, too, so they did. The boys asked one specifically, like they had their preferences already. Leeteuk asked for Taeyeon, Heechul for Jessica, Sungmin for Sunny, Eunhyuk for Hyoyeon, Donghae for Yoona, Yesung for Yuri, Han Geng for Tiffany, Siwon for Sooyoung. Shindong, Kangin, Ryeowook, Kibum, Kyuhyun and me stood in the corner and laughed at their expressions of shyness and blushing. Then Seohyunnie came and Kyuhyun quickly asked for a dance. From there on, I felt my heart receive a stab of pain. I don't understand why...

When I was about to leave for a moment, Kibum asked me to dance. I counted wrong earlier. Kibum didn't ask me to dance yet. So I was surprised because we didn't talk that much before and he also didn't talk when he asked me. He just held out his hand without any words and i gladly took it. We didn't talk that much, too, while dancing but it was strange that I didn't feel awkward at all. I think he saw in my expressions that I became sad...I never thought silence could be so comforting.  When the dance was over, he finally talked. He whispered in my ear "I understand your feelings and I know it hurts but always smile..." Then he gave this huge smile that even his eyes were doing the same. I laughed and said thanks.

So Avex announced the group that they had chosen and it was...drumroll please...SNSD!!! We were so happy for them. So that was how the night ended. It was very late when we went home. I was about to talk to Seohyunnie but I found her fast asleep. Truly, WGM is  tiring her too much...

....................................................

"Remember to wear extra clothings because it will be cold today. There is a low pressure area around Seoul so also bring an umbrella. Maybe some rain will come but not that strong." You stand up from your seat after watching the weather news on the plasma tv. 

"Aish! Not only is it cold today, I think I am gonna have a fever. This sudden change of climate is not good for us..." You hide your red nose to the turtle neck you are wearing. You are wearing three clothes now but the cold somehow keeps getting to your skin

koreanclothingwinterkor.jpg

"You shouldn't have come to school." Hee Joo said, looking concerned. She touched your forehead and felt it a little hot, but not too much. "What did you do yesterday that you think caused this?"

You thought for a moment. "I don't know...Hey, we must hurry. Math class!"

"You seem excited for the first time. That sickness might have changed you and maybe you'll do good in math when you're sick!" Hee Joo teased. You just held her hand and went ot the classroom.

Jino is already there so you sat beside him. You saw the smiley keychain you gave him attached to his bag. "First day for another semester and I have a cold so don't laugh at my nose."

"Settle down class. I want to know if you could still remember your past lessons in math so we will have a group activity for three members. Group yourself now while I get the papers..." Of course, you grouped with Jino and Hee Joo, both extraordinary in math.

"I dont remember anything..." you complained, looking at the seatwork. 

"You should get a tutor, you know. I think it was a miracle you passed in math last term but this term, it will be algebra." Hee Joo teased while very focused on ansering the first question.

"I already did. Kyuhyun will tutor me. It was our deal." Just then, Jino quickly looked up to you and protested.

"Why him? and what deal?" You felt him getting mad but you can't react too much because of your sickness. You just sighed and avoided him. "Hey, answer me!"

"Mr. Cho, quiet it down. This is a classroom, not your own room" The teacher reprimanded him so he calmed down and continued working.

"He's only jealous, you know..." Hee Joo teased again, making sure Jino couldn't hear.

You're feeling much worse than this morning so you tried not to think too much. At last, classes are over when someone texted you. Kyuhyun.

I'm in the library. Let's have your first tutorial :)

When you read this, your fever somehow lessened but its still there. You walked fast to the library and found him scanning a math book. I forgot, he'll tutor me math. More headache, but I'll manage... You saw fan girls giggling behind him. When you approached him, the fan girls glared at you. "Wow, they are scary..."

Kyu just chuckled and asked "Hey there, rudolph! Algebra for this term, right?" You handed him the seatwork that the teacher gave you earlier with a smack in his arm. "Ouch! You hit like a boy!"

"He said its just a review, but all it gave me is a headache..." you ignored his remark and sat down beside him, massaging your temple. 

"Are you feeling okay?" He touched your forehead and touched his, too. The fan girls let out a soft scream as he did this. "You know you have a fever. Let me get you home and cancel our tutorial for today. There will be other times for this but right now, you have to rest." He held your hand and went out the library, the fangirls still following. You are in a daze right now but you still realized its raining hard outside.

"W-wait! I have to get my bike." He hesitated to let go for a moment. He then handed you his umbrella and said "meet me at the front gate. I'll call my hyungs and let them bring a car for us. I can't get a signal here." You nodded and dashed off at the back gate.

You quickly opened the umbrella and went through the rain. You went straight for the spot where you always park your bike. As you get nearer, you saw three hooded figures who were doing something with your bike. 

"Hey! What are you doing in there?" You shouted at them. They turned around and slowly approached you. You can't see their faces so you backed away one step. 

"Sooo our cute little Min Yeon is here. Everyone thinks you are so precious and so talented when the only thing you are good at is being a leech! And you're even making your way to Kyuhyun-oppa!!! How dare you!"  Chan Mi slapped you in the face and it made you lost your balance. Because the floor is slippery, you fell on the floor. "Just because you're mother is dead that you have gained this popularity you know you could never have. You even stole my part for the Hallyu Wave festival when it was supposed to be mine! I was the one supposed to be singing up there, not you!"

You are now drenched in the rain while Dong Woo and Eun Kwang broke parts of your bike. You yelled for them to stop and tried to stand up but your body is too weak now, adding the bumped to your head you received when you fell. Now, you're losing your consciousness as you try all your energy to scream.

.........................................................

"Min Yeon? Min Yeon! Where are you?" Shindong and Kyuhyun yell at the area without even using an umbrella. Aish, where is she? Kyuhyun is now concerned because getting a bike only takes minutes to get to the front gate...unless you have passed out somewhere else. "Are you sure she's not inside the school?" Shindong asked again. 

"I already went there. She's nowhere to be seen." Kyuhyun reached the bikes parking lot but seen no sign of you. "Its hard to see in this rain!" Just then they were about to leave, he saw a figure on the ground and three figures doing something.

"Yah! Have you seen a girl with a blue umbrella here?" Kyuhyun asked, approaching the scene. The three figures heard him and ran away. He became confused as to why they would be running away. When he turned back, he saw you in the floor unconscious. "SHINDONG HYUNG! COME HERE! QUICK!"

..........................................................

KYUHYUN'S POV

"Min Yeon! Min Yeon! Wake up!" All she let out was a sigh. Her fever is getting worse, so is the rain. There is little flood on the streets but traffic is the main problem. "Ahjussi, are there any other way?"

"I'm sorry, Kyu, the way to the hospital is far. This is the only way." the driver said.

"How about to our dorm? We could take her there first then call for a doctor." Leeteuk suggested, also drenched from the water. The driver nodded and added "If the way is to your dorm, we can avoid this traffic and get there in no time."

"Then take us ther please." At least we could administer first-aid for her there. "Wake up! MIn yeon..." I keep wiping her face and dry her hair with a towel. Aish! How long could we get there? Her temperature keeps getting higher every minute that we waste! 

..............................................................

"Hyung, get some towels!" I ordered Eunhyuk.

"Hyung, thermometer" I told Ryeowook.

"Hyung, turn down the aircon" Donghae obeyed.

"Ahjumma, please change her clothes. Get something from my clothes that will make her comfortable" I carried her bridal-style and entered my room. I laid Min Yeon on my bed and exited. Ahjumma quickly searched through my clothes and closed the door. 

"What happened?" Kibum asked me. I was surprised of his concerns because, naturally, he doesn't have concerns to too many people, except maybe for us. "I don't know exactly. When I met up with her, she already has a fever. I told her I will get her home but she want to get her bike first. Whe I went to pick her up, I saw this three hooded figures and her, unconscious already. The three ran away and I am absolutely sure this is their fault. I got a glimpse of her bike before I panicked over Min Yeon and it was broken to pieces, somehow dismantled."

"If she has a fever, why did you let her be alone to get the bike? You should have, at least, accompanied her." Kibum retorted quickly. Kyuhyun was taken aback, realizing something is fishy with Kibum. Kibum, realizing that everyone is now staring at him, just became silent. Just then, Siwon interrupted and said 'Kyuhyun, the doctor couldn't come because of the flood. He will not be able to get here until tomorrow.'

I was about to protest but Ahjumma now exited my room and motioned for us to come in. We silently entered and found Min Yeon tucked in under the covers of my bed. Ahjumma already put a wet cold towel in her forehead. We surrounded the bed and just looked at her. Kangin got the thermometer that Ahjumma put and read "39 degrees celsius. That is high..."

"So, we will have to take care of her. Kyuhyun, since this is your room, you will guard her until tomorrow. If there had been any problems, knock on our doors. Do you need help?" As soon Leeteuk hyung asked me that, I shook my head. "Its okay hyung. All of you need some sleep because of practicing Don't Don's choreography. I can take care of her." They all left the room. I sat by beside her and held her hands. She was really warm that I have to change the towel every minute.

Later, Sungmin came in and brought my dinner.I said thanks and he stayed there for a moment. "She looks like she is having bad dreams. Maybe singing to her will help." I was surprised at his suggestion as he exited my room. After half-eating my food, I looked at the window and saw the streets flooded until the ankle. Maybe, the hospital has a higher flood. I just hope that tomorrow, the rain will pass so the doctor could come at once.

Then, the sky gave a grumble of lightning. I, myself, had to admit I was shocked and scared. But Min Yeon screamed. Then she kept mumbling things like she was possessed. "Mom, dont- dont leave! I-I'm sorry! Please..."

I quickly knelt at her side and held her hands which were shaking. I caressed her forehead and she was sweating nonstop. I tried to do Sungmin's suggestion. I thought of a song which is lively yet slow.

"Puff, the magic dragon lived by the sea. And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee".

When I started singing, her hands stopped shaking. Her mumbling became less noisy. I continued singing since it seems to calm her. I climbed at the bed and lied beside her, still holding her hand. Because it was probably past midnight, I didn't realized that I was fast asleep.

..............................................................

sorrrrryyyy for not being to update fast....i'm busy even though is vacation....its a church thing, teaching kids and grading papers...kekekeke....

anyways...want to share this vid...its my inspiration for the lightning thing...really funny super junior boys!

do you like the super touching kyuhyunxminyeon moments!!! lets see what happens next...it will be full of suju!!!