Dear Mom

Living Out a Song

 

BEFORE READING THE STORY, WATCH THIS so that you will know the meaning of the song: :)

 

“My voice…my voice is so…HUSKY…”, said Yoona, who made the members laugh as they reach for the door of their mansion.

“I think my vocal chords were cut by those high notes of ‘Destiny’…”, said Sooyoung, who was caressing .

They were now laughing very hard but when they entered the house, they stopped and listened. They were hearing music, a faint playing of a piano with a voice. They were following where it came from and it led them to Seohyun’s room. The door was half-open, so they peeked inside. They saw you playing the piano and singing the original song whole-heartedly. They stayed there in the door for minutes, not moving a muscle because they think you might stop playing if you found them. When you reached the end of your composition, you sighed and stared at the pieces of paper at the piano. It has no title yet. Just then you heard screams.

“What are you doing in the floor? Are all of you okay? What happened?”, you asked as you found them at the door, sitting on the floor and rubbing their butts.

“We found you singing…then Sooyoung here wants a bigger view so she pushed herself in…and that’s when we all fell to the floor.”, Taeyeon said, straightening out her outfit.

“Omo~ You heard me? I’m sorry, I didn’t meant to use the piano without permission, i am SO sorry...”

“Hey hey, calm down. Its okay. Is that an original…its really wonderful, it makes me think about my mom”, Seohyun said, nearly crying.

“Hey guys, are you thinking what I’m thinking?”, Taeyeon asked, looking at you with a curious look.

“Yes, leader!”, they replied in unison and saluting her.

“Min Yeon, could we may have your permission to include this song to our first mini album? If its okay… cause we found it beautiful and so touching, and that’s exactly what we want to say to our mothers…”

“uhhh---i-in you’re a-album? M-my so-song? Omo~ of course! Thank you for those compliments…this song just kind of popped out…it is still a draft..”

"A draft? You call that a draft?", Sooyoung asked, extremely awed.

“Then that draft is wonderful, no need to revise…”, Yuri said.

“Taeyeon, you should call manager Ri Mi. Better let her hear this so she could put this song to our album.”, Tiffany said.

“No need, I’m here. What’s the fuss all about?”, Manager Ri Mi said, already at the door.

“Manager Ri Mi! Min Yeon here, our young composer and lyricist, made a song. We wanted to put it in our album. You should listen to it because it will make you cry…” Sunny answered.

“oh, okay. Let me hear it. if I liked it, then we’ll include it. there’s no harm in listening, right? But girls, whatever my decision is, no buts. Respect it then ready yourselves to sleep.”

“Okay, Min Yeon. Play that song again, just like you did before. I know you said you don’t want people to see and hear you sing, but you got to shine someday, and this is where it all will begin…”, Seohyun said, comforting you and taking your nervousness away.

“Okay, unnie.” You took a deep breath, the keys and keyed in the first notes. You then, started to sing:

Oneureun waenji himdeurgoh jicheo
Begaereul ggeureoahneun chae honja banganeh namah

Junhwagil manjijaggeorineun naui maeumi
Wenji oneulddara wero oongeojyo

Gabjaki oorrin junhwae norra
Babmeoneossneunji geonjeonghaneun umma moksorika

Gwichanhge deurryeossdeon geumari oneurngeun dareungeol
Ijgo isseossdeon yagsogdeuri ddeoohrrayo

Maeumi yebbeun saramee dwegeyo
Nameul manjeo saenggaghaneun saram dwegeyo

Ummaui sarangui baramdeureul jigyeogalgeyo

Nawa ggoomeul hamggeh namudeon

Nae meoril bisgeojoodeon ummaga saenggagna

Ddaeron jalmosdwen seontaegdeurro Apahaessjiman amu mal eobshi dwiehseo jigyeobwa jooseossjyo

Seoturgoh eorin aijiman ijen algeosgatayo ummaui joyonghan gidoui uimireul

Maeumi yebbeun saramee dwegeyo
Nameul manjeo saenggaghaneun saram dwegeyo

Ummaui sarangui baramdeureul jigyeogalgeyo

Nawa ggoomeul hamggeh namudeon

Nae meoril bisjeojoodeon ummaga saenggagna

Eoddeoghajyo ajik jageun nae mamee

Ummaye soneul noheumyeon honja jarhal soo isseumjee

Ajik boojoghan geos gata nan dooryeooongeolyo

Jihye rooon ummaye ddal dwegeyo

Naehgeh yonggireul jwoyo

Eon nilgadoh jarang seureon ddaree dwegeyo

Ummaui sarangui baramdeureul jigyeogalgeyo

Haneobshi boyeojoon sarangmankeum
Ddaseuhan mameul gagilgeyo

Soojoonbeo jajo pyo hyeon moshaessjyo
Umma jeongmalroh saranghaeyo

 

As you sang the words and play the piano, it was as if you are in a new world. You remembered your mom, with happy memories. You missed her, really missed her. When you finished the song, you turned to look at them. You were expecting to see expressionless faces because you think you’re song isn’t that any good. But rather, you saw crying faces, even manager Ri Mi.

“it is so *sob* beautiful! I will definitely include this in your album, girls! Min Yeon, *sob* tomorrow, get ready because we will go to the studio to record that song. Girls, *sob* rest now and *sob* go to sleep, be early tomorrow for this song.”, Manager Ri Mi said while sneezing in her handkerchief. She then went out of the room still crying.

“Group Hug!!!”, Yoona said. They then approached you and surrounded you with their crying faces. It has been a wet hug, but it didn’t matter because you were thankful that the song got into them.  All of them contacted their parents, saying their appreciations to what they have done to them. After that, Seohyun and you were the only ones in the room. Seohyun took a bath while you were still thinking about its title.

“Min Yeon, you didn’t got the chance to say what the title of the song is yet.”, Seohyun said as she was drying her hair with the towel.

That’s what you have been thinking for the last hour. Your head hurts again but the pain somehow decreases. You need a title that is related to the song yet simple and attention-catching…

“I got it! The song will be titled Dear Mom…”

..............................................................................

 

Next thing in the morning, you were with SNSD in their studio. You already taught them the tones of the song and they easily caught up. The manager let you play the piano to record the music. You played it wonderfully and the SNSD then admires you more.

“Manager Ri Mi! the violin player is not here yet. He was asked to be at the other recording of a rookie group. We need someone to finish this album quick. We can’t postpone its release date. Mr. Lee will be coming in today to see the progression of the album!”, a staff said, panicking already.

“Oh no! okay okay…we’ll find someone. But who? None of the girls play violin. Hmmm….Hey Min Yeon! Do you play violin?”, Manager called at you, who was eating lunch with the girls.

“Who me? Uhm…”, you definitely can't remember…

“Okay, I'll take that as a yes. Record your song playing the violin. Here’s the violin. Go in there. Hurry up, no time to waste here. Mr. Lee will be soo happy to see you helping us.”, Manager Ri Mi commands as she pushes you to inside the recording room. When you got inside, you saw them all staring at you in the window. Mr. Lee just came in and he smiled when he saw you inside the studio. Nervousness takes over as you look at the music sheet you made. You hold the violin on the left hand and the bow on the other. You positioned yourself and tried to remember the chords. When you heard the playing of the piano that you recorded earlier, you then came in the song with the violin. You were surprised to see yourself playing even though you don’t know remember. Maybe the amnesia really got into your head but you still thankful that you know how to play the violin.  Your nervousness decreases as you got into the song and go with the flow. When you finished, you saw through the glass all of them were clapping.

“I envy you, Min Yeon! You’re so talented!”, said Jessica who approached you first when you got out the recording room. Mr. Lee, then, came to you and gives you a handshake.

“For what, sir?”, you asked, practically confused. You just recorded a song with violin and piano.

“You re now an official scholar of the Seoul Entertainment and Arts Academy. You will be going in tomorrow. Don’t worry about the things you need and the uniform, they are already at SNSD’s place.”

“Oh! Thank you very much, sir! I don’t know how to repay you…”

“you already did! You wrapped up SNSD’s Gee album. And I trust you will be composing and making more songs in the future. All of them will be famous. Tomorrow, this song will be performed by the girls at Inkigayo. I can see your mom inside of you. Oh, I’m late for a meeting. I just came by to say that good news personally. So I’ll be going now.”, Mr. Lee hurriedly went out the door of the studio.

You just wished that he could have been your grandfather. Suddenly, you think about your new school. You got excited and nervous at the same time because you don’t know what’s in store for you. :)

.....................................................................................

for my dear readers, i will not be able to update this week because it will be our finals... but i'll try to make it up to you by posting two chapters... for a sneak peek, the next chapter will be about your new school... :) happy new year!!!

*love your mothers!*