Double Date

Living Out a Song

 

“Unnie! Seohyunnie! Wake up!” you said. She is really easy to wake up because just one touch and she opens her eyes immediately. “Wow, that was fast! Anyways, you remember the day you said you will owe me a favor?”

“Yes, I still do.” She said, sitting up from her bed and rubbing her eyes.

“Soooo, as an official apology to his unmannered behavior last time, Kyuhyun would take us to Seoul Land. Would you come, please please please? I would take Jino as my partner so you should be partnered with Kyu.” You asked her, but she was shocked.

“Wait…what?! Kyu oppa? I never thought he would do this…uhm…I don’t know…" She said, unable to make up her mind

“It’s also celebration for our victory at the seasonal show, that’s why I asked JIno. Anyways, would you agree?” You said, using your aegyo and hoping it would work.

“Well, it would not be my first time to go on a date so okay!” she said. With so much happiness, you quickly pushed her to the bathroom and closed the door. You reached for your cellphone and texted Kyuhyun “She agreed! Now as planned, go to the address I texted you earlier and pick up Jino. Meet us at the front gate.” You were so excited because you only went so Seoul Land once. And you would be able to have your first date and double date.

……………………………………..

“BOO!” you surprised Jino and Kyuhyun from their backs. Outfits:

12766928639228822010pre.jpg
 (Seohyun's outfit)

longsleevekoreanfashion.jpg

(your outfit)

 

“Here’s the ticket.” Kyuhyun said, handing it to the both of you. As you entered, the tickets was stapled and wrapped to your wrist, like a bracelet. While all of you had entered, you forbid separation from one another. All of you must go as a group. The two boys, showing obvious disappointment, objected.

“Why not? I thought it’s a date?” Kyuhyun asked, practically confused about what you are planning on. You stared at him like he just snatched your favorite toy. “Okay, fine!” he replied, showing fear from your expression.

“So, unnie, what attraction would you like to go on first?” you asked Seohyun who was busy looking around. You linked arms with her, leaving the two boys behind you to be associated with each other.

“These are all scary rides! I don’t know if I will be able to survive one of those…” she said nervously. You felt the excitement when you saw the Black Hole 2000, a super roller coaster.

“Sorry to say this, unnie, but there is only one way to find out.” You said, holding her hands tightly then pulling her to the line of the ride. Kyuhyun and Jino followed but stared in shock as they saw what you want to ride on. “C’mon guys, one of these days, we need to face our fears, and this is that day!” you said persuasively. Seohyun suddenly put on a hard face and tied her hair into a ponytail.

“You’re right, Min Yeon. Now, lets do this!” She said, marching inside until she was seated. You let Kyuhyun be beside her as planned. Jino was showing little nervousness as the ride started. “I’ve never ridden things like this before…” he said, his eyes narrowing upon the road ahead. So you held his hand tightly and he was surprised. Jino suddenly became relax as he looked at you but he didn’t saw that the ride was first going into a long slope. You raised both of your arms while holding hands and screamed at the top of your lungs.

………………………………………………………

“That was fun! I think that was our 7th ride. So what’s next?” Kyuhyun asked, still dizzy from the Top Spin. Jino and Seohyun was not reacting. This only means one thing. You pointed them to the trash can. It was surprising that you and Kyuhyun were feeling okay except for the little hangover of dizziness. “I’m hungry.” You said as you heard your stomach grumbled. Kyuhyun agreed to come with you to buy food and let the other two rest for a while.

“Thank you and come again” the cashier said as she nervously handed the change to Kyuhyun. Obviously, she knows him, who doesn’t? While she was staring at you, you just smiled as you walked away with Kyuhyun.

“So, is our plan working?” you asked Kyuhyun, who was thinking very deeply. “Hello? Anybody there?” you asked, trying to meet his eyes that were looking on the ground.

“You know, I noticed that you were ignoring one attraction...the Haunted House.” Kyuhyun said, looking into your eyes. He just stared, like he was looking into your soul. 

Oh no! He found my weakness.What should I say? I don’t want to go back in there. It’s the main reason why I believed in ghosts till now. I had experienced great trauma in that place. Just play it coolly and tell him “What are you talking about? The haunted house? Pfsh! Huh! The ghosts should be afraid of me!” you said a little shaky in your tone but you thought he bought your lie.

“Well then, after we eat, that will be our next stop!” he said. You were shocked, stopped him on his tracks and blurted out “NO!”. “Please Kyuhyun-ah! Something happened when I entered there a little child and I will tell you, it was not pleasant.”

“But you’re the one who said that someday, we got to face our fears.” Kyuhyun reasoned. He really wants to enter there. You suddenly became gloomy and stared at the floor. 

“hey hey, its okay if you don’t what to. Just wait for us when we’re finished”, he said, holding your chin and raising your face.

“No, it would be unfair to the three of you. You’re right! I will overcome this fear!” you said, proceeding to the table where Jino and Seohyun were seated.

……………………………………

“Jino, whatever happens, don’t ever leave me.” You said nervously, as you hugged his arm tightly. You didn’t see it, but Jino, who was very relaxed, smiled warmly.

The three of them would like to try out the Haunted House and it will be unfair if you won’t come with them. They followed to every attraction that you would like to ride on, so it will be your suffering this time. Both of you were behind Kyuhyun and Seohyun. As you entered the house, your heart started to pound very hard, maybe it was palpitating too. You close your eyes so you would see nothing but suddenly everything was quiet. You held Jino’s arm tighter…

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Screams could be heard everywhere and still you didn’t open your eyes. You just pulled Jino’s arm and walked hurriedly, avoiding everything. While walking, Jino’s arm slipped. That’s when the moment you opened your eyes because it suddenly became quiet.

“Jino? JINO! This is not funny!” you shouted, as you scanned into the dark. You try to put your hands in front of you, trying to look for a wall. Your heart is pounding very hard and you are sweaty all over. You are also listening to hear the screams of other people but unfortunately, there was nothing but silence. You felt so alone when somebody tapped your back. You were relieved, thinking that it was Jino until you turned around and saw a very horrible face! You screamed endlessly, running with your eyes closed, not caring where you are, as long as you get away from it…

..................................

“That was really fun! I got hurt a little, though, from those things they drop that look like heads.” Seohyun said, as she and Kyuhyun got out from the house with the other participants. She saw Kyuhyun a little worried and always looking behind his back.

“Where are they? They were supposed to be behind us, right?” Kyuhyun asked, looking through the people coming out of the house.

“What are you so worried about? I think they are just fast, unlike us, where I have to pull you from the monsters because you were either talking to them or hurting them. Oh, here’s Jino.” Seohyun said, pointing to the direction of the exit. Then and there, they both realized…

“Something is wrong…where is Min Yeon?” Kyuhyun asked, already approaching the worried Jino.

……………………

You were still in the dark. Obviously, you couldn’t face your fears today, or forever. You ran from left to right but you couldn’t see lights. You could only hear screams, maybe from the other participants, but it seems they were distant from you. You just buried your face in your hands as you sit in a corner (if it was a corner) as you cry. Suddenly, someone softly whispered “Min Yeon”. You heard it but still couldn’t see who it is. Then there it is again, calling you. It’s like a female voice. It gets louder, so you stand up and try to listen to it again. The voice seems familiar and it was like commanding you to follow. So you listened attentively and walked fast but careful, since you might bump to a wall. The voice got louder and distinct and you realized who it was – your mom. Your fear slowly diminishes and you still continued to walk, trusting your mother’s voice.

It kept going on for a while when it suddenly stopped. You listened, but there’s nothing. Mom, please guide mo to the exit. I need you. Still nothing. You were lost again and you felt like giving up. You started to cry again…Why is this place so big, anyway? You just stand there until someone or something tapped your shoulder. You screamed and tried to run away, thinking that it was another ghost, when he said “Min Yeon, its me Kyuhyun!” He quickly grabs your hand and, as a response, you hugged him tightly and kept crying. You were overwhelmed and relieved, not minding who he is as long as someone is here, you were happy.

“I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have pushed you to go here. C’mon, they are waiting outside. Lets get out of here.” He said, supporting you while you walk. It was not long before you could see light. When you got out still hugging Kyuhyun, your eyes adjusted to the light so you couldn’t see anything. The first one you see was Seohyun and you quickly ran to her and hugged her, too.

“You must have been so scared inside. I’m sorry…” she said, comforting you while you cry. “You have some explaining to do, Jino” she said, firmly. She let you sit and gave her bottle of water to you.

“Here…” Jino said, handing you a lollipop. “I didn’t let go…it was a ghost that got me and held me back…but I’m sorry” he explained and apologized. You didn’t respond but you took the lollipop and eat it. Seohyun pulled your pony tail and combed your hair for it was messy. All the three of you were quiet when you hear Kyuhyun said, talking to someone “Ah no thanks. No, really. My friends are there and…no, we really have to go…Oh okay…”

He approached the bench you were sitting on and said “That guy over there wants me to sing, well, all of us, actually. It’s a karaoke and he wants to attract customers. So I agreed…” he said, shrugging. "Now lets go where we will all have fun!" he said with so much energy.

…………………………………..

"Jino really has a superb voice. He gave me goosebumps when he sang. I really think he will be famous one day" Seohyun told you while she was in the shower.

"I know, unnie. That is why i insisted him to sing. Actually, I did that to show his singing talent. I just made a reason out of what happened earlier. I know he would not sing if I would easily forgive him. I already forgave him before I was found at the haunted house. it was not his fault, anyway." you said, combing your hair. 

"That is so bad, Min Yeon! He felt guilty, you know that?" she answered in reply, getting out of the bathroom.

“Hey unnie, what do you think of Kyuhyun?” you asked Seohyun, changing the topic. “It was just so beautiful, the duet you did with him. It really helped the attraction get popular…”

“It was really a magical moment for me. It would be the first time I had duet with a boy! When we were singing, I would always look at him and he would do the same to me. Aigoo!” she said, putting her palms to her cheeks and sitting down at the bed. You were about to ask another question again when her phone rings.

“Annyeong! Who is this?” she asked. Her expression at first was curious, and then it changed to shock. “Yong-ng-hwa? Ow, sorry…Yoooong~ oppa….” She asked, blushing. You were also curious on who this Yonghwa person is that lead to Seohyun’s face becoming red. She talked to him for a moment and as you observe Seohyun, you texted Kyuhyun 

“I think we have a problem…”

:)

 

I am really sorry!...for not posting for almost two months?! third term has been hard on me...and last week and this week was our midterms but I was lucky i was able to finish this today...

just for sharing: I attended the Super Show 3 here in the Philippines and it was ROCKIN' AWESOME! I saw, of course, all of them with Trax but no Sulli...it was totally a new amazing and memorable moment for me and my cousin...but i was always looking and staring at Kyuhyun...Oh My Goodness!!!

don't forget to comment and subscribe! please do so...so that i will know that i haven't lost my dear readers yet... thanks and God bless! :)