SEA Academy

Living Out a Song

 

“Min Yeon, Min yeon! Wake up!”, Seohyun said as she was shaking you. “Wake up! YOU WILL BE LATE!”

“Oh no!” that woke you from your sleep. You forgot that you have your first day today at SEA Academy. You look at the clock and saw that you have an hour to make it to school. “Oh unnie, we will be late!” you repeated as you get up from your bed. You tried to pick up pieces of papers of your almost-finished compositions that you have been doing last night. “Why are you dressed like that?”

“That’s why I woke you up…we will not be coming in school today. We have our Inkigayo stage performance, remember?” Seohyun said, who only wears simple clothes. “We will be dressing up at the studio. Your uniform hangs there by the closet, breakfast downstairs…pancakes, bacon and eggs…!” she said, treating you as a little sister.

“Thanks, unnie! Good luck, too, in your performance!” then you both said AJA!

You took a bath and wore your uniform that looks like this:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6442/girlblazer.jpg
 

When you went downstairs for breakfast, you saw all of SNSD members looking at you. “Omo~ you’re soooo cute!!!” they all told you as they approached you, pinched your cheeks and play with your hair. “You could be a model, you know.” Sunny said.

“Maybe an actress…yeah that’s good!” Yoona said.

“You could cosplay an anime! Yay! An anime!” Hyoyeon said, with her aegyo again.

“Ladies, we don’t have much time…the car is here! Please get in.” Min Hee said, who was at the door. Saved by the bell, you thought. They hurriedly rushed inside and Seohyun gave you a tight hug again. Study hard…books before boys…okay?”

“Of course, unnie! I’m not that kind of girl! Take care!” You felt good that you are not alone anymore. You have your new family now. It is like you have new sisters that takes good care of you like your mother did. Before Min Hee got in the car, he was carrying a bicycle.

“Miss Min Yeon, Mr. Lee told me that you liked bicycling. Since I could not take you to school today, he bought you a bicycle. I am very sorry, the schedules sometimes mix, and my priority is SNSD…” Min Hee said as he hold the bicycle with his head down.

“Really?! How did he knew that? I like it! Oh my! Its just like the one I used to have! And nothing to sorry about, Min Hee. I told you to please call me Min Yeon. You should go, now. They will be late.” You can’t hide your happiness because since you were a child, you always like bicycles. You never really favor of cars, anyway.

Min Hee was happy to see you happy. He remembered the girls and got on the van, too. You quickly got on your new bicycle as you said goodbye to the retreating figure of the car. You also remembered you haven’t eaten yet so you came back to the house to have your breakfast. You were so excited to ride your bike that you have eaten only little amounts of food. You brushed your teeth and set off for school. As you ride your bike, you enjoy the cool breeze of morning in Seoul. Luckily, you remembered the way to school, just as Min Hee has taught you the day before, in case of emergencies.

Seoul Entertainment and Arts Academy - the exclusive school for the talented. It is the school for the people who want to enter the entertainment industry and to train to be idols. The school produces students that are now known to the industry like TVXQ, Rain, Super Junior, SNSD, Beast, 4Minute, Afterschool and many others. The entertainment companies and agencies invest students to this school and after many years of training, the outcome will be idols. There are only few students who enroll themselves in because of its high tuition fees. As for you, this will be the first time they will have a songwriter/lyricst, as Mr. Lee had said. Some students don’t want to be stars; they want to be managers, CEOs, choreographers, vocal coaches, etc.

Debuting is like graduating here, but academics is also a priority of the academy. Everyone must complete the required units, no exceptions. As for the ones who already debut but didn’t complete the requirements, they must still attend the school like SNSD and Super Junior.

As you entered the gates of Sea Academy, you were filled with nervousness. All around you will be students who will make you as their competition for popularity. You are now imagining things…your habit of what-ifs. Will I survive this? You asked yourself. If the others did, then you will, too! You gathered courage to enter the doors of your new academy. You just did a silent prayer to God and to your mom to guide you through this day…

“Park Min Yeon?”, this girl, who was wearing glasses, said.

“Yes, I’m Min Yeon.”, you replied.

“I’m Park Hee Joo. I’m your student guide. Welcome to the Seoul Entertainment and Arts Academy or Sea Academy, for short. I will tour you around the school and make you familiar with the place. Please follow and keep close behind me; we will have many stampedes today.”, she said as she continued walking down the hallway.

“Stampedes? Why, do you keep animals here? I hope nothing dangerous…”

She laughed very hard on your innocent joke. “Fans/Students here are making the stampede. Well, you could also say that they are animals, hungry for fame…anyways; We will have Super Junior coming in school today after their promotions for the 2nd album, Don’t Don. That’s why you have keep close to me. The school is big, VERY BIG. Like that one in the Harry Potter films, Hogwarts. You could get lost here and never make it out…just joking! Well, it is big.”

“Oh! Super Junior…those guys…they visited me in the hospital when I got out of coma last week. They are with Mr. Lee. He was the one who enrolled me here.” You said as you are now getting her idea.

“What? They are not just ’those guys’, they are ‘the guys’. Same for Mr. Lee, Mr. Lee owns the most powerful talent agency today. I wish I could work there someday, being picked by Mr. Lee himself. Wait, you said they visited you in the hospital? You must be dreaming… “, she said as she continued walking. She thinks you are lying just to get attention, like most students that she had toured around.

“They did! Oh, its SNSD! Wait, could we stop? I need to watch this.” You asked but didn’t wait for her permission. You approached the big plasma tv and saw them performing, focusing on each of their faces. You were humming and singing softly to their song.

“How could you know the song? Their album is not out yet. This is the newest song added and they didn’t release the track. They just let them perform it live…but how did you-”

 

“I composed it. It was for my mom. They liked it so they included it in their album…”, you answered, not even looking at her and still glued to the tv, like it was nothing.

“Oh My Goodness! you are telling the truth! I will tell you, every fan out there would kill just to trade your place. What happened to you anyway? You said you were in a coma-” she asked you. She stopped in a corner and look at you.

You hesitate but said anyway. You make her sworn to secrecy even though you don’t trust her that much. You just met her but you said every detail of what happened last week. You don’t want to get attention or be popular through your story. You just want to be a normal student doing her own thing. When you finished, her face is expressionless.

“So you’re a scholar…you must not let anyone know about that. A scholar here is being discriminated and underestimated. You must hide that part about yourself. You are lucky you have Mr. Lee and SNSD at your side. But here, the Big Three owns this place. Their parents are the biggest contributors to keep the school running. That’s why they feel they are more superior that anyone. They aren’t to debut yet. I don’t know if they will…but I hope they will not. They are bullies…”, she said with disgust on her face.

Suddenly, the grounds were rumbling and screams could be heard. Before Hee Joo could grab you, girls and even boys swarmed the hallways and brought them with you. You could not go against them and the figure of Hee Joo slowly disappears. Fortunately, you were able to make it outside the crowd. You sighed as you crawl away. The only problem is that…you don’t know where you are.

The hallway you’re in is dark, probably at the back of the school since the sunlight can’t reach it. The place looks like it haven’t been used for years. Yet, you kept walking as you investigate the place. It seems like you are looking for something but you don’t know where it is. You came across a room that said ‘Music Room’. When you opened the door with a broken knob, you can’t see anything clearly. There is only a faint sunlight that came through an broken window glass. The spotlight is in the grand piano. Why does it have I have this connection to grand pianos? Am I their relative or something? Maybe mom conceived me from this…hahaha!

“Hello there! You look like you haven’t been played for a while. Let’s see if you are still playable…” You said as you opened it to show the keys. You then realized you are talking to it. You the keys and pushed one key. You were surprised that the piano produced sound like a brand-new one. You started to play random music as you were carried away. It seems like minutes when you play but then the sunlight is quickly disappearing. When you look at your watch, you were playing for an hour and a half!

You hurriedly got out the room and search through the hallways. Suddenly, you heard footsteps…one…two…three people walking on your right side. You can’t see anything but you’re having goosebumps. You don’t believe in ghosts…yet you are very scared right now. You are waiting for them to appear in the dark when suddenly you realized someone is behind you. You realized it too late that it already cupped your mouth and dragged you away… :)

.....................................................................

Who might it be? sorry if it took me so long...its hard to keep my writings secret to my mother...kekeke! sorry for the long links...dont know how to put it any other way.. please comment! God bless!