The Challenge

Living Out a Song

 

 

Oh no! Am I being kidnapped? Am I taken by ghosts? Poltergeist? I am really scared right now…where is he taking me? It kept dragging me…I can’t resist…

“SSSSHHH! Quiet! Don’t speak! I was almost seen because of you…be grateful I saved you…or you may have been the meal instead of me.” A voice, probably male, said. He let go of you but stayed in the dark.

“How dare you! You scared me half to death! You kept dragging me and dragging me that I lost my shoe! Its brand new…who are you anyway and where are we?!”, you said frantically.

He suddenly moved into the light to show himself. Again, he covered your mouth to shut it. You stared at him, only seeing his eyes. His face inches away from you. You were about to break the silence and let go of his hold when footsteps again can be heard outside the door. You both did not move a muscle and just stare at each other, listening to the voices.

“Where can he be? I told you to keep an eye on him! We will waste our time in finding him than in beating him up.”, a male voice, that is hoarse, said. Probably the leader.

“How can I keep an eye on him if there are many people in the way because of that Super Junior!” another male voice said.

“What’s wrong with Super Junior? They are hot and handsome…” a female voice said in a flirtatious way.

You both realized you are in an awkward position so he removed his hand from your mouth and signaled you to keep quiet and follow him. When you moved your leg to get up, you bumped your head and produced a 'thud' sound. You saw that you were under the table. You were shocked and looked at the guy. He put up his palm to slap his forehead, showing his disappointment. The door suddenly opened, showing three silhouettes.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” The leader said, who was tall and thin. Has good looks on the outside but dirty on the inside.

“Who did you brought, loser? Your girlfriend?” the other one said, little smaller and has good looks, too.

“She’s a loser, too, just like you. I have never seen her before. Maybe, a new student? ” the girl said as she investigates you with a disgusted face. The girl was beautiful, but her face is covered by make-up and her hair is set, like she’s going to a prom. You both stand there, not moving a muscle, as they surround you.

“Guys, I don’t want any trouble. Could you just beat me up another time? I really need to go home. I’ll do whatever you want, just not today.” The guy said, begging but with reputation. You admired him as he played it coolly.

“Are you guys thinking what I’m thinking?” the leader asked his two followers.

“Yeah! Wait, what are you thinking?” the other one asked, making himself look dumb.

“I think you’re thinking to challenge these two losers in the upcoming seasonal show…” the female said as she rolled her eyes to the dumb one.

“Nice one, sweetie. Since there is no one who wants to challenge us, we are challenging you. If you accept, then we will not beat you up today. If you refuse, then it’s the other way around. So, what do you say?” the leader asked, as he approached and look sternly at the guy.

“Wait, I’m sorry to in…I am just a new student here but you already treat me as your enemy? What did I do wrong?” you asked nervously.

“Aww, I’m sorry about that. You are just in the wrong place at the wrong time, honey. What did you do wrong? You entered into the school, that’s what you did wrong. Everyone here is a competition for us. We need to eliminate them as soon as possible.” She said as she approached you, too, and cornered you.

“Fine! We accept the challenge.” The guy said as he looked at you with concern eyes.

“Good decision, dummy. Prepare an ORIGINAL song. We danced last time so now; I will have a duet with my sweetie to show our singing skills. You should both be included in the performance. No exceptions. It will be this Friday at 2pm.”

“Original?! But -” the guy protested.

“No buts, loser. Only he makes the rules. Abide in it or be beaten up!” the other guy said, pointing at the leader.

“C’mon! I’m bored…lets go! I can’t wait till Friday, though.” The girl said, dragging the leader away.

“Friday, 2pm. If you lose, we’ll beat you up the next day.” They all laughed as they went.

“Whew! That’s a close one.” The guy said, wiping his sweat on his face. “But I’m doomed. I don’t know how to make an original…could you sing?” he asked as he looked at you.

“Uhhh…” you said as you think if you have to tell him about anything. Surely, you don’t want any trouble. But it seems trouble finds you anywhere. You don’t know if you want to help him but you don’t have any choice.

“Then I’m totally doomed!” he said, slumping on the floor.

“I’m…uhm…I write songs…and compose pretty well. I don’t know if I can sing that well but I don’t like to do it even if I do sing well. You should sing by yourself. I have some compositions that you might like…” you said, embarrassingly. He looked up and his face lightened.

“Really? Oh shoot! C’mon! Lets get something to eat and talk about our plans…my treat!” he said as he heard the bell rang, signaling it’s already 3pm.

You kept following him through hallways and corridors. Afterwards, you recognize the place. You saw the plasma tv except that it was now turned off. You didn’t see Hee Joo anywhere so you thought she must have already went home. You missed the tour around the school because of the stampede and it makes you sad.

“Im Jinho, by the way. Cho Jinho. You could call me Jino to save your saliva in including the ‘H’.”, he said, immediately turning around and offering a handshake.

“I’m Park Min Yeon, a newbie. Uhm, I’m really sorry about earlier. I didn’t know I was under a table because it was so dark. If I had walked out quietly, I should have saved us both the trouble.” You apologized, bowing 90 degrees before him.

“Hey hey. Its okay! I’m sorry, too, for covering your mouth and dragging you away. And for blaming you earlier.” He also apologized.

“Its okay! Where are we going? I think I need to get my bike first.” You went ahead of him as you got out of the doors of the school. You got your bike from the rack and hurriedly accompanied him outside the gate.

 

“Thanks.” You said as Jino handed you a Dark Mocha Frappucinno from Starbucks. He had his Java Chip Frappucinno as he sat down with you on the table.

“So, you're a lyricist and composer…you got that from your parents?” he asked as he took a sip from his drink.

“Yeah, from my mom. Uhm...who are those guys, the bullies I mean?” you asked, changing the topic. You're still stuttering and nervous around boys, especially if they asked you out.

“Oh, them. They are worst than bullies… the leader is Moon Dong Woo. His father is a businessman. He wants his son to be known like him so he put Dong Woo in here, thinking he would debut someday and make him proud. Same for Lim Eun Kwang, except his mother is a talent manager. Since she’s busy, she wants the school to make him a star, too. The girl, Han Chan Mi, is the daughter of a director, not that he’s great and well- known. But they are rich, just like the other two, and they are helping finance the school to keep it going. I was a newbie then, when I first met them. I helped this guy, you see. They were bullying him for his lunch money and making him do their assignments. I don’t know what I was thinking but I pushed Dong Woo and that’s when I met their punches. I hate this school since then, I didn't want to be enrolled in the first place, anyway.” He explained as he stared at the streets through the window of the store.

You saw sadness in his eyes and decided to change the topic again. “So, I have many compositions on-hand. The problem is, where do we practice? We- we can’t have that in our house. Maybe it would be better if we just stayed in school and have our practice there. I only need a piano or maybe a violin.” You said, not wanting him to know about you living with SNSD.

“Oh, that’s not a problem. Maybe we could have practice in our house. I have a piano and violin there. If we stayed in school, they might send spies. Besides, we are not safe there, yet. We are half-day tomorrow at school so we have the other half for practice. I could just take you with me in our car to go there. Don’t worry, I would also bring you home after.” He said, smiling.

This is the first time you saw his smile, with chinky eyes and chubby cheeks. You were mesmerized by it.

“I could just text you, maybe?” He asked, shyly and showing redness of his face.

“uh-I don’t have a cellphone. It was destroyed during the – I mean, I lost it. Maybe I would get one soon. I would bring the compositions tomorrow. I would just meet you at school.” You said as you took the last sip from your cup.

“Tsk. Too bad. Okay. See you tomorrow then!” He said, disappointingly.

You were the first one to get up and made your way to your bike. He followed you and waved goodbye. He said take care as you ride the streets of Seoul. You thanked God that even though you had trouble, you still made a new friend today. you can't hide your smile as you think about practicing tomorrow in Jino's house.

Babo! Min Yeon! Books before boys!, remember? 

You again prayed that tomorrow be another good day as you went home…

 

sweet innocent moment for you two...now you know who's included for our love...square? its not triangle...its a square...kekeke! please comment. i need to know what you think about jino...

for those of you who don't know jino/jinho cho, he is a rookie member who recently debuted as a member of SM the Ballad, with SJ Kyuhyun, Trax's Jay and Shinee's Jonghyun. i ma totally kyu-biased and there is NO OTHER who can replace him. thats why i had a hard time choosing who will be the 'other guy' for this fanfic. when i was the mvs of SM the ballad, i thought he could be a good one. i think he's really cute and innocent

here are some vids if you want to know him... :)

Sukira Open Broadcast, Incomplete by Jino:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY7inQrmrzY&feature=related

y Love byJino Predebut:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-HLoU_kU9g&feature=related

Hot times by SM the Ballad Live at Music Core:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMUhOg0m1uc