Smiley

Living Out a Song

 

“Not good. Too flashy. So revealing.” You told yourself as you scan in your closet. One thing you don’t have is an outfit for tomorrow’s event. You even don’t have money to buy one.

“Aish!” you exclaimed, throwing the last dress on the floor. You opened your unpacked boxes and look inside. There must be a dress here somewhere. From box to box, you opened and searched. Then you go for your baggage.

Nothing.

You slumped on the floor when a little velvet box caught your attention. This may be Seohyun’s. you can’t help it so you take a quick look and found a beautiful silver necklace. As you look closer, it has a dolphin with a blue diamond. That’s weird, Mom used to like dolphins.

 

13911l.jpg
 

You look for a note on the small box and found a piece of paper that has‘for my beloved Yeon Hee’ written on it.Then, this must be mom’s, but who gave this to her?

“Good morning, Min Yeon!” Taeyeon greeted as she entered the room.

“Unnie, Where’s Seohyunnie?” you asked since she’s the one who always know the whereabouts of the girls.

“She’s early today for the filming of WGM. Why?”

“Oh, I was going to ask her something. What is that show about anyway?” You asked.

“Oh, it’s a show that has celebrities pretend they are married until the season’s over. As for Seohyun, he got Yonghwa for a husband. So they got to act like married couples and do what married people do.” She explained while looking curiously over the dresses and clothes on the floor. “What are you doing? Cleaning?”

“I’m looking for a dress. I’m going to perform to this event, uhm, the Hallyu Wave Festival and I have nothing to wear.”  You answered, trying to pick up the clothes on the floor and arranging them to your closet.

“Do you want to go shopping? We’re going there, too!” She said, filling excitement and you don’t know why.

“Um, I don’t have any money, unnie. Sorry…” you said, returning to your arranging.

“Who said you’re gonna pay? Besides, we girls want to play dress up on you.” She said, now exiting the door. “GIRLS, WE’RE GONNA GO SHOPPING FOR MIN YEON!!!”

…………………………………………………..

“Ms. Hyori, here’s the composition.” You nervously handed what you had composed. You visited school before going to the mall. Besides, the girls take long enough to dress up.

“Hm…I told you, you are a prodigy. Look, you finished it already. You must have really gotten into it.” She kept examining the three-paged composition. “I think we will need a violinist. You open that cabinet and get the violin.” She pointed to the cabinet in the farthest corner of her classroom. You opened it and found many kinds of instruments. Violins, cymbals…you name it, its all there. You stared in awe for a minute before you realized to get the violin. You handed it to Ms. Hyori and she let you sit in the piano.

“You just play while I play okay? But let me start first.  When I gave you the signal, you play.” She positioned herself and started playing one note continuously . She then gave you the signal and you started playing.

………………………………………

“I’m tired, unnies.” You slumped in the chair in a brown cocktail dress. Taeyeon, along with her gang, had been letting you try and try different kinds of dresses. Imagine 8 girls giving you 5 dresses each to try on. And nothing gets through to what they like.

“Okay okay. This is what we’ll do. We’ll each pick one dress for you and. We’ll buy them for you. So..all in all, you’ll have nine, your dresses for further performances. Ok? So pick your own now.” Taeyeon instructed the girls on what to do and scrambled in the store. You searched through the racks and it seems like all the dresses are cute and beautiful. What color would I like? Maybe, blue? Yes, like the one in mom’s necklace. You found one. Its not that sparkly, but its simple and elegant. You tried it on and it fits perfectly. When you got out of the dressing rooms, the girls all stared at you and gave a two thumbs up.

“Kamsahamnida, unnies!” you bowed 90 degrees to each of them.

“Its nothing, Min Yeon.” Hyoyeon said, pinching your cheeks. Just then, Taeyeon’s phone rang.

“Annyeong. Oh, okay. Bye.” She finished talking. “Manager called. We got to go to Horror Movie Factory taping.”

“Give me that, Min Yeon. We’ll take these to the house. Just look around here and if you find something you want, use my credit card.” Yuri said, pointing to the shopping bags and handing you the card. “Are you sure, unnie?” you asked, hesitating to get it. So Yuri just put it to your hand forcefully and smiled. When they took off, you are so grateful that you have sisters like them.

You were walking and window shopping when suddenly, you realized you forgot something. You sat down and think because your head hurts. I thought this pain would not last. Then, in front of you is a restaurant celebrating a birthday party. You stared at it for a moment then it struck you.

Jino.

…………………………………….

“I came here as fast as I could. You wear this…” Hee Joo, holding 3 balloons, came running in front of Jino’s house. She made you wear a party hat while you hold the cake. “you ready? This should be fun, I like surprises!” she whispered as both of you were nearing the house. She knocked, the door opened…

“SAENG IL CHUKA HAMNIDA, JINO-SSHI!” Jino got surprised and was shocked that both of you knew. Your shouts made him fall on the floor. Both of you entered the house without being invited in and directly go in the kitchen.

“Come, Jino. Hee Joo bought this cake. And I gave you a gift, but you should open it later, please, when we’re gone? So I wouldn’t see you laugh.” you handed him a small box wrapped in green and smiled. Jino seemed lost for words.

“Where are your parents?” Hee Joo asked but you struck her a look that said drop the topic now. But Jino took it coolly and just said “They’re busy. What cake is this?” He was already tasting the cake and smiled. “Black Forest. My favorite…” he handed each of you a plate and fork.

“I didn’t know. Just a coincidence.” Hee Joo said, opening the soft drinks. Jino asked “How did you know its my birthday today?”

Hee joo and you looked at each other and said “Another coincidence!” All of you laughed. All of you three talked for a while. Hee Joo said that his father had been in contact in a talent agency. “I told him I would work at SM but he wont listen. Clearly, he doesn’t like it there even though he, himself, haven’t been there.”

 There’s a big amount of cake left and Jino gave it to his helpers. His phone rang and he excused himself. You put the plates in the sink then you overheard again the conversation.

“Annyeong. Ah, Appa. It’s a miracle you remember.” You don’t want to listen anymore so you backed off quietly. You just helped Hee Joo and the helpers clean. When he showed up again, you were ready to leave. “Thank you, both of you.” Jino said with a big smile. You were about to leave when he stopped you so Hee Joo just said, gigglingm “I’ll wait for you outside”.

“What?” you asked, staring into his eyes.

“I know you heard me on the phone yesterday. It’s the only time I said it was my birthday today.” he said with an expressionless face. You gulped and did not answered, feeling nervous. Then he smiled again “Its okay. Just don’t do it again.” He leaned forward and kissed you on the cheek.

“Thanks for the gift!” holding the smiley keychain in front of your face. You feel cheated and retorted “I told you to open it later!”

 

smileyfacekeychain635.gif
 

“I really liked it”. He leaned forward and kissed you on the cheek. You were surprised so you just walked and exited. Hee Joo keep staring and smiling at you. “Shut up!” you said. Now both of you were smiling. “What? I’m not saying anything!” she told you.

 

“But I know what you’re thinking. Its not like that.” you said, caressing your left cheek where he kissed you.

“Then what is it?”

Yeah. What is it? 

................................................

sooo...its april 17 in my fan fic! its also my brothers birthday that day...coincidence? anyway...hope you like some min yeon x jino interactions....not much but at least there's a kiss!!! XD

stay tuned for the festival! there will be many things that would happen! thanks for the readers who are still here...God bless!!! :))))