S-E-O-U-L

Living Out a Song

 

“Kyuhyun!” You called from afar. He quickly approached you with a “ssssshhh”.“Don’t be so noisy. If the people here notice me, there will be a stampede!” Kyuhyun was wearing a hat, sunglasses and a scarf. It is supposed to be a disguise, but the people are staring at him for his odd outfit. You suddenly realize that having a stampede with crazy fangirls would not be good as you had experienced something like that before which landed you to meet the “Big Three”.

“Okay okay. I’m sorry. Why are we here again?” Earlier this morning, Kyuhyun texted you to meet him at the COEX mall. He didn’t tell you why.

“Follow me.” He held your hand as you pass by different kinds of stores selling different things. Then he suddenly stopped and stared at the window of a shop that sells jewelries. You came in and he followed. You were in awe of the different jewelries they sell: rings, necklaces, anklets, bracelets, brooch…

“I wanted to buy something for Seohyun since we will meet this afternoon for the taping. And it might be another good time to ask her out.” Kyuhyun whispered. What he said somehow hurt you. At least he wants your company and for you, that will be enough.

“Okay. What do you have in mind?” You scan the store.

“A ring?” He whispered, probably shy.

“She already has the couple ring from that Yonghwa guy.”

“Aish!”

“How about a bracelet? When they perform, necklaces are not to be worn, but bracelets are acceptable.” You approached a sales clerk and pointed something from the glass. “Miss, can I have a look at this?” She handed you the metal bracelet and you showed it to Kyuhyun.

“Why not pink? She likes pink, right?” He argued.

“Yes, she does. But she doesn’t wear pink all the time. Silver matches with the colors of everything.” You reasoned.

Kyuhyun seemed to have second thoughts so you let him pick. He stares at every bracelet, trying to figure out which is good and which is not.  “How about that?” He pointed at another metal bracelet but it is a lot better than the first one.

“That is a really nice one.” You said as the clerk handed it to him. “I think she would love that.”

 

marciasilverbracelet.jpg
 

He smiled and he agreed.

“How would you like to pay, sir?” The cashier asked. Kyuhyun handed his credit card. Then the cashier’s eyes widened. He didn’t realize that the cashier saw the name on the card.

“Please be quiet.” You begged the cashier before she said anything else. She just stares at Kyuhyun and nods.

“But may I ask for whom is this bracelet?” Kyuhyun doesn’t want to answer but he also doesn’t want to anger the cashier.

“For her” motioning his head to you. You got surprised at what he said that made you blush.

“Are you his girlfriend?” The nosy cashier asked.

“No, just a friend. Its my birthday today and we’re late for the party. Please, do hurry up.” You lied. The cashier eyed you for a moment and hurried up with her job. You bowed as she handed the small paper bag. You caught Kyuhyun outside and hurriedly walk. You did not notice that the cashier shot a picture of you two…

…………………………………………………..

“Unnie! Wow, you look really cute!” You complimented Seohyun as you approached her. She was wearing a mascot costume but, since its cold, she keeps shivering.

“Thanks. I hope we could be done with this early. I still have another taping…” She sipped slowly at her hot chocoloate.

“WGM, huh?” You pouted at her.

“Excuse me, but MTV is here for a interview.” A staff interrupted you two. Seohyun excused herself. You dont have anyone to talk to so you approached Kyuhyun.

“She’s not that happy to be here. She’s even texting that Yonghwa guy.” You are now shivering, too as you complained to him. He covered you with the towel offered to him earlier. “Thanks. Okay, after her interview, they will also interview you. While the set is being prepared, take time to ask her out. Tell it is tomorrow and ask her what time is she free.” He nodded as you tell him the plan. Then, MTV shoved you off and focused on Kyuhyun.

Aish! This is my song, you know!

 
………………………………………………

You listened to the song that SNSD and Super Junior had sung. They did a pretty good job and you were proud that your song gets to be performed by SNSD and Super Junior. 

You watched as the two moved on with the taping. Seohyun did some mistakes compared to Kyuhyun; meaning, her head is not in this. Obviously, she is thinking about the other taping and it actually angers you. Night came for the last shooting. For those last moments, you felt jealousy. There are some words in your head so you wrote it down:

Like this, I'm always beside you. Whenever you are down, I'm always here
I always make you laugh and give comfort to have me beside you
Like this, side by side, always your listener
Why don't you realize that behind my indifference there's anticipation

Before the end of the shooting, you left without even saying goodbye. What you see, Kyuhyun’s real smile, hurts you because its not meant for you. You shed a tear as you walk to Jino's house which is not that far. You felt a vibration from your phone.

Where are you? I already asked her out. She said she is free at 7pm tomorrow. Now, I'm excited! Text me back as soon as you can.

You sighed and decided not to reply yet. You knocked and Jino opened the door, shocked that you came by. You  came in and went directly to the piano. You slumped back at the chair and played the piano with random notes. 

"Do you want something? Food or drink?" he asked, sitting beside you. You shook your head.

"Is something wrong?" He said, facing you. "Did Kyuhyun hyung said something to you?" You were taken aback wth his question.

"Why would you think something like that to Kyuhyun?"

"I don't know...I mean, its just a question. So, what is really wrong?" You did not answer him and smiled. You stood up and went to the kitchen. He sighed and stood up from his seat. He noticed something at the floor, a piece of paper. He opened it and read the writings, there he realized what is wrong...

She likes him

....................................................

sorry for the two weeks delay...school is getting on my nerves...dont worry, i'll update as soon as I can...

Sneak peek for the next chapter: the mystery behind the person who visited Yeon Hee's grave and what will happen for the next months to come...