The Deal

Living Out a Song

 

“Min Yeon! Min Yeon! MIN YEON!” Taeyeon waked you with her voice. You quickly got up because you thought there was fire. “What? What?” You said, shocked and nervous.

“Look, somebody sent you a gift!” Tiffany said, approaching you with a medium-sized box wrapped in a blue green wrapper. All the girls were surrounding you when you took the box from Tiffany’s hand. You just stare at it as you think of who might be giving you a gift. You are also considering that his might be a prank.

“Well? Open it!” Yuri said.

“What if it is a bomb?” You asked, looking up from your bed.

“Min Hee already checked it. It is not a bomb.” Yoona answered quickly.

You looked at each of their faces ad it shows excitement and anticipation. “Ohhh…okayyyy…” you said with annoyance. You first opened a small envelope attached to it saying ‘Ms. Park Min Yeon’. You untie the ribbon andslowly lifted the top. You didn’t expect anything but you saw another box wrapped again in blue green. Now, you’re really annoyed and quickly tore the wrappings apart. It revealed to have been a box for a cellphone. The girls said in “Ahhh” in unison as they admire your cellphone. Thought its not that up-to-date with the technology today, they envy you because you got to have a cellphone from a secret admirer. You were speechless as you opened the box.

“Does the letter say something about the person who gave it to you?” Sooyoung asked.

“Does it say anything besides your name?” Sunny asked, too.

“No…nothing…just a phone…” you said, stuttering as you inspect your new cellphone.

 

51vey6rzszl.jpg
 
 

“Ah…our little sister is growing up! You have already captured a heart of a boy…” Hyoyeon said, making the girls stare at her for her weird yet intelligent statement.

“Maybe, its from Jino!” Yuri said, giggling. You were about to protest when somebody from the door showed up.

“GIRLS! What’s the fuss all about? Why aren’t you dressed yet? We have a service to attend to. now get going! GO GO GO!” Manager Ri Mi said, commanding like an officer in an army.

The group dissolved and went out of the room with the manager. Seohyun remained and sat next to you. “I’m really sorry about yesterday. I didn’t know - ” Seohyun apologized with sad eyes.

“Unnie, it’s not your fault so don’t be sorry. It just so happened that I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyways, let’s just forget it. We have to hurry for church.” You explained. You got up and was the first to go in the bathroom. She still sat on your bed and thought about something. Then, she smiled, realizing one thing.

                                                                                  ...................................................................................

SNSD’s and your outfit for the church:

23887455.jpg
 

 

vneckline3quaterssleeve.jpg
 

“In the mighty name of Jesus, we pray…AMEN” the pastor said. His preaching was just finished and the worshippers seated. You were admiring the church of its structure and architecture when the choir started to sing. Since you and SNSD, with the manager and other staffs were in the middle row, you couldn’t see clearly the front but you could hear them. Just then somebody sang. His voice gave you comfort and relaxation, yet you don’t know who he is. It was as if the voice was taking away bad memories. His voice resonated through the whole church and everyone was at ease. So you just took your seat and listened. 

When he finished, you, again remembered your mother. When you looked outside, you found a cemetery. You excused yourself from the members and manager, saying you’re going to the bathroom. When you got outside, the sun’s warm breeze welcomed you. You were just walking by, looking the gravestones. When a strong yet consoling wind touched you, you turned around and saw a gravestone. You became curious and approached it. It said:

Park Yeon Hee

April 7, 1970 – July 19, 2010

A mother, composer and friend

May you rest in peace

As you slowly read this, your legs shaken that made you kneel on the grass. Tears started trickling down from your eyes. You read the words over and over again. You never visited your mom from the day you woke up. Now, as a sign of repentance, you removed branches and leaves from the gravestone and dust off sands with your hands. You stared at what you did for a moment, then, somebody spoke from behind you.

“You shouldn’t be kneeling wearing a dress. You might get a scar.” At first, you ignored the person but you realized who it was. You dried you face with your hands, stood up ad turned.

“Why do you care? I’m spoiled, right? My rich parents could take care of - ”

“Look! I’m sorry! I did not know…it was so stupid and wrong. So I’m sorry…please forgive me.” He said, his head slightly bowed and his eyes looking on the ground. You just stared at him, your anger slowly decreasing but not disappearing yet.

“You should think twice of what you’re saying. It really hurts people…” you said, turning your back from him and looking at the gravestone again, crying. He approached you and gave you a handkerchief. You hesitated at first, but took it anyway. You both stood there, not saying a word. Before calming down, you said “I miss her”. He invited you to sit there by the tree to get some shade and cool air. You agreed and followed him. He accompanied you but both of you were quiet. Both of you just stared out into the distance, admiring God’s creations.

“Hey, I think this belongs to you.” He broke the silence and showed you a red filler. You were confused and opened the notebook. Your eyes widened, exclaiming “My math notebook!” and hugging it. Kyuhyun softly laughed at you and said “it looks like you really love math, but it does not love you back.” He must have opened it and saw your low scores, mostly zeros.

You did not agree and retorted “I do not love math! I hate it! How hard I try, I can’t understand it. It’s my worst enemy!” you said, breaking the hug. “Well, I could always tutor you.” He said, smiling. There it is, the first time you saw his mesmerizing smile. You stared at him for a moment but came back to reality.

‘’Really? What could I do in return?” you asked happily. You don’t know why you’re so happy but it seems you’re interested in him. “Oh, nothing. It’s for free!” he answered, shaking his head.

“Nothing? There must be something, like a favor.” You said, thinking. He, too, though for a moment and curiousness appeared in his face. “Well, I don’t know if you’re going to agree with this…but…I-I really ne-need some help with Seohyunnie…” He said shyly, putting his right hand and scratching his head.

“What’s with Seohyun unnie? Does she have a project or something?” you asked, practically confused. “Ah, no.” He laughed. “I…I kind of…li-like her…you know…and I don’t…I don’t know what to do!”He said, burying his face to his hands. You understood and gladly accepted.

“Okay, so it’s a deal! You teach me math and I help you with Seohyun unnie!” you said, facing him with your hand ready to shake. He looked at you and took your hand. Both of you shook hands. Then he remembered something.

“Oh shoot! I need to sing again!” he said, getting up from his seat. Your hands is still locked with his. He started running, and somehow, bringing you with him. “Again?” you asked while running.

“I sang earlier. Didn’t you heard?” he said, looking back at you while running.

“Oh! It was you! You have a wonderful voice!” you shouted at him so he could hear.

“I know…” he said proudly. You just ignored him because you were getting a little tired. You never thought that you were far from the church. “Hey. Hey! Kyuhyun-ah! Can’t we slow down a bit! You just got your surgery and I’m tired.” You reasoned.

“We’re almost there!” he stated, pointing at the church which was, indeed, near.

                                                                 .................................................................................

“Where were you?” Manager Ri Mi asked, a little irritated. “Ah…” was all you could say because of your fast breathing.

“Uhm…Manager, I think she did not go to the comfort room” Seohyun said, pointing to Kyuhyun who appeared behind you, breathing heavily, too. Kyuhyun bowed to the manager and approached Seohyun, whispering something before going to the altar to sing.

“I went to the cemetery to visit mom. Kyuhyun accompanied me.” You said when your breathing was normal again. The manager just nodded her head and you just took your seat and waited for Kyuhyun to sing. He stood there by the center, facing the audience. He looked at you and smiled. This time, he started, doing a solo. :)

 

there...this is my last update for this week...i would be posting again next week...if school and time will allow it....sooo enjoy the two updates i made...and please comment and subscribe...Oh and credits to the owner of the main image i used...thanks so much!!! God bless!!!