Dead at Heart

Living Out a Song

 

“Min Yeon, I am really nervous. This is like our first real, unpublicized date ever…do you realize that?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yes, but I do not care. Why? First of all, Seohyun likes you. So you got to have your charisma to make that like into love! Second, I know you could pull this off. Third, you have the most beautiful bracelet to give her…” You said as you arrange his tie. He relaxed a bit after hearing your comments. “Okay. Just remember, just be yourself. Also, pray…” you push him to his motorcycle and handed the bouquet.

“Wait. Aren’t you coming? I thought -” He asked, putting his helmet on.

“I will wait for a taxi. If we go together, she might see us. Now go! You will be late!” You scolded him so he stepped on the gas and took off. You called a taxi and followed Kyu’s motorcycle. As you ride towards the planetarium, you saw the streets of Seoul and it is pretty crowded this late time. You remembered this morning where something odd happened.

*FLASHBACK*

Hey, you haven’t replied nor called me. Is there something wrong? By the way, you want to continue that tutorial? I’m here at the library. Text me if you are available.

As you read Kyuhyun’s text, you’re confused with yourself. Half wants to go meet him while the other half wants to go home. Apparently, you have been avoiding him but you don’t know why. You got 3 missed calls and 5 texts just this morning and this is the latest. He was really nervous with his first date with Seohyun.

“Aish…I really can’t avoid him…” You texted, I’m on my way now.

……………………………….

“Why is this easy when you are the one who is teaching? Its really easy and now I really understand.” You said while you answer the exercise he gave you. You saw his smirk and he combed his hand through his hair.

“That is because I am GREAT!’ he self-proclaimed, giving emphasis on the GREAT word.

“But that is also because, I am a fast learner…right?” you looked up from your notebook and waited for his reply. You pushed your notebook to him having finished it.

“Hmmmm…let me see.” He started checking your work. “Well, I would say…you are not a fast learner…but a really fast learner! I think you already got this lesson of linear equations. You got it all correct! Congratulations!” He held out his hand and you hold it. For a moment, you felt his warm hand but you remembered to shake it, so you did.

“Hoorah!” Both of you exclaimed but was scolded by the librarian. As you were packing your things, you saw Jino, speaking someone on the phone.

Must be his noona. You continued packing your things and looked at Jino again. You saw him mad, like he was in a fight but in the end, he gave a big sigh and nodded. He ended the conversation and took off. I wonder what that was about.

……………………………………………………………………

“Miss, we're here.” The taxi driver called your attention that make you go back to the present time.

“Oh, sorry. Here.” You handed him the payment and went to the Gwacheon planetarium.

 

3339633437d5d6f73543z.jpg
 

You sat at the back corner and saw Kyuhyun and Seohyun sitting beside each other at the front. They were staring in the sky and was having a conversation. Though you couldn’t hear what they were saying, you could hear their laugh. And even if it hurts you, you are also glad that they are having a good time. You look around and saw few people inside, and most of them are couples. Now, I am feeling a little bit out of place.

Being a guardian/middleman is tiring and boring sometimes so you just stared above. The sight of stars twinkling and shining relaxes you. You almost fell to sleep when you heard a phone ringing. You got surprised and searched for your phone, but it is not yours that is ringing. Then you saw Seohyun walked past by you and headed at the far most corner. You immediately covered your face.

“Annyeong….ah, anio…ne…ne…arasseo!” you eavesdropped on Seohyun’s conversation on the phone even though she is whispering. When she closed her phone, she took a deep breath and walked past by you again. She told something to Kyuhyun. You could see Kyuhyun’s face dropped even though you are far. Kyuhyun just nodded as Seohyun explains something. Then, an unexpected thing happened- Seohyun kissed Kyuhyun….on the cheek. Your eyes got wide. Seohyun just did that and bowed to him. You remembered to cover your face as she exits the place. You hurried towards Kyuhyun and saw him deeply disturbed.

“Kyu, why are you like that? Aren’t you supposed to be happy? She kissed you on the cheeks!”

“That is the problem, I should be happy…but when she kissed me, all I felt was shocked and nothing more. I should be jumping up and down for joy but…no spark”

“Aish, your feelings are messing up with you. You are looking for a spark?” you chuckled. “She aint a star.”

“Not literally a spark…like uhm…its hard to explain. Someday, you will understand, when you find the right one.” He said it and looked deep into your eyes. Its seems his eyes are searching for something in your soul but his face is expressionless.

“Why did she leave?” You asked, trying to break the silence adn awkwardness.

“WGM taping.” His face is still expressionless as he looks up and watch the stars. No sadness, joy, nothing. Its as if his heart got numb. “Here, keep it.” He handed you the box which contains the bracelet.

“What? Why didn’t you just gave it to her?”

“I was looking for the right moment, but that moment didn’t come. And as you said, my feelings are messing up with me so I tried to know if she is really the one I like…” he trails off.

“No. Keep that. When the right one comes, give it to her.” You pushed back the box as he look at you smiling.

Just then, your phone started ringing. “Annyeong. Oh, Mr. Lee. Ne….ne…anio…arasseo.” You closed your phone and Kyu asked what it was about.

“Mr. Lee wants me to go SMent. He said he wants to talk about something. Could you take me there, I haven’t been there and I might get lost.” He nodded and both of your exited the planetarium.

I forgot, it’s a motorcycle.

Its quite awkward. You stared at him as he got on his bike. “What? I am a safe driver. I promise I will be careful.” He handed you the other helmet and put it on.

Its not that I am thinking about…

As you got on, you hold onto his jacket but he pulled your arms and place it in his stomach, making you hug him. “You are going to fall if you will hold like that.” You heard him say. He stepped on the gas and took off.

You are hugging him…and you don’t know how long…but you hugged him tighter…enjoying the moment.

.......................................................................

 

so its been two months since i last updated. i am so sorry...but my excuses are VALID! i lost my grandpa last month, school is killing me, we almost got our house burned and my grandma was taken to the hospital also salt month. I lost my eagerness to write because of sadness and depression but now, since SUPER JUNIOR came back, i will update regularly, i promise! XD subscribe and comment please, if i still have my loyal readers!