Connections

It Hurts... {H I A T U S}

Ailee's POV:

 

Did I just hear what I think I heard ? He stomped over to the dress chair, grabbed his cool leather jacket, and went outside. He slammed the door behind him and I flinched a bit.

"That stupid out there, making out with Woohyun ? Hahaha, sure. Everyone thinks she's such an innocent angel. Well, I'll tell you guys that all of you have been fooled." 

The words repeated themselves over and over again through my head. He's probably just making it up, Ji Eun would never do that.

"You okay ?" I saw Hoyas hand wave back and fourth in front of my eyes, but I was speechless and couldn't move. Ji Eun.. the girl whos scared of dogs and water surely wouldn't elope with Woohyun.

I snapped out of my confused trance and replied back to him, "Y-yea, I'm good. Do you guys like the soup ?" I forced a fake smile across my face and watched Infinite nod and stuff chicken in their face at the same time.

"Haha, you guys are too much. Ji Eun cares for you guys more than me," I pouted and saw Dongwoo grin, chowing down on the chicken. I knew Infinite enough to know that Dongwoo was a chicken freak.

He at chicken for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I chuckled and was about to go outside, I had an appointment with someone.. Someone I had no idea who is. "AH !! I gotta go !!" Dongwoo yelled to himself, causing everyone to stare at him as he grabbed his "manbag" and rushed out the door. What a weirdo, he even brought the chicken soup with him. Anyways, back to my story.

My father set up a marriage arrangement for me and his friends son. I was screwed, I don't even wanna get married yet, I'm 19 for crying out loud ! I stepped near the door until it flung out and entered 2 familiar faces.

"GUYS !!" Woohyun screamed, beaming with joy. Seducing an innocent girl makes him this happy ? Tch. On the other hand, Ji Eun was playing with her fingers, staring downwards. I could see her pale face flash a shade of red.

"Where were you guys ?" I folded my arms across my chest and glared at them.

Suddenly, Woohyuns enthusiasm dissappeared and he showed the same expression as Ji Eun. "We were just.. going to get a snack by the vending machine," Ji Eun stepped up and smiled that cute, bright smile of hers.

I was her best friend, do you expect me to buy that ? Please. "Hmph, sure. Whatever," I continued walking out of the door and they went the opposite direction.

I know Infinite was wondering the same thing as me. I know what you did with Woohyun. I texted her and smirked to myself.


I arrived at Arirang, a fancy restaraunt my dad told me to come to for our appointment with my mystery husband. He told me to dress nice, but I guess this was exceptable too.

 

I walked through the traditional korean doors, the wood creeked when I opened them to reveal my father and his friend both dressed in navy blue suits. There was someone else, who I was assuming was my husband-to-bo, stuffing his face in a chicken dish. His face was tilted down so I couldn't see his face.

Good to know I'll be married to a pig, Sigh, father what have I ever done to you ?

"Ailee, come and sit," my father patted the cushion next to him. Everything was as I expected. A traditional restaraunt with seperate rooms, low tables, and small cushions for chairs.

I walked over to my father and sat uncomfortably beside him. "Oh, so you're the magnificent Ailee. I've heard so much about you," the man across from me grinned, revealing his uneven wrinkles.

He had grey hair, crooked teeth, and bags below his eyes. "This is my friend, Jung Yong Hwa, you can call him Mr. Jung," my dad gestured towards him.

I slightly bowed and smiled as he chuckled and said, "Oh good girl. You can dig in your food now," he picked up his chopsticks and picked up some lettuce to place on his dish.

I was still curious about who my husband-to-be was, I stared at him curiously and watched him stuff his entire face in his food. Ugh, disgusting. Where were all his table manners ?

I think Mr. Jung caught me staring because he announced, "Ah, this is my son, Dongwoo," the guy lifted his face and I saw clearly. It was.. Dongwoo ?! Jang Dongwoo ?!

My eyes widened at the sight of his face, with chicken scraps around his mouth. He spotted me and his expression was the same as mine.

Jang Dong Woo, the one I've been friends with for nearly 3 years.. is going to be my husband ?!?