Don't Leave Me for Him

It Hurts... {H I A T U S}

Myungsoo's POV:

 

"What," She glared at me with hateful eyes that I've never seen from her before. My eyes trailed to the paper she was crumpling with her bare hands. Woohyun also stood beside her, looking at me like I just committed a crime.

*She read it already.*

"I.. need to talk to you," I said with a calm voice. When I came near her and tried to hold her hand, she took a step back and yanked her arm away.

"What do you want from me?!" Ji Eun yelled. I've never seen or heard this rage and anger errupt from her.. Never in the past 3 years I've known her. I stood in the same spot with my hand held out, not knowing how to reply.

She rolled her eyes and huffed a breathe, "If you don't have anything important to tell me then I'll be leaving. I have better things to do-" I grabbed her by the waiste and carried her away. This was the best way to get her to come with me.

"Yah, Myungsoo!! What the hell are you doing?!! Let her go!" I could hear Woohyun yell behind me, though I locked the door to my bedroom before he could reach us.

Ji Eun struggled in my grip, "What are you doing?! Let me go!" I wrapped my arms around her to calm her down and to keep her from going for the door. Or maybe it's because I miss her embrace so much?

"Stop. This isn't the Ji Eun I know."

After one more tug and yank, her body softened and I could hear sniffling. "W-Why.. The newspaper article said.." She couldn't finish.

I can't lie to her and tell her the article wasn't true, because lying was the thing that got our relationship so horrible like this in the first place. "I'm sorry."

"I don't believe you," She sobbed on my shoulder. It took me alot of courage to break out of the hug, look deep into her eyes, and hold her lightly by the forearm.

"I'm really sorry, Ji Eun. The only person I love is you," I gave her a half-hearted smile. The tears on her face remind me of the day she left me for Woohyun. I never wanted to hurt her or make her cry ever again. I'm going to end this once and for all.

My hands dug into my jean pocket. I went to my text messages and showed her me and Sooyeon's conversation.

"See? There really isn't anything going on between me and her," I assured her. She scanned my phone, reading the messages about 3 times before looking up at me with this gleaming, beautiful eyes.

"I still don't believe you." I sighed. "What can I do to make you trust me again?"

She just handed my phone back and looked away. I put my arm gently on her waiste and pulled her in close. "Will this change your mind??" My lips made contact with hers as we stood there for a minute.

Ji Eun didn't resist, nor did she kiss me back. She just stood there lifelessy. A bang on the door interrupted our moment. "Myungsoo, you better not do anything to her!!!" Woohyun kicked and pounded on the door.

Ji Eun looked at me with a hard to read expression. "I may give you another chance..." she started and it brought my hope up,"But I'm with Woohyun now. I can't just leave him, I hope you understand." She put a hand on my shoulder. Her touch sent tingles down my spine, but she pulled away.

She brushed past me and went for the door. The pounding stopped and I figured Woohyun must've heard our conversation. I turned around to see them reunite and Woohyun's death glare towards me.

Is this it? Was that her final decision? Does she really want to be with him and not me? *Ji Eun.. you said you don't want to leave Woohyun, but you're leaving me.*

I followed the steps she took with my eyes and stood there motionlessly. That kiss meant nothing to her. I don't mean anything to her anymore.

 

 

 

Woohyun's POV:

 

*You won't regret choosing me, Ji Eun.* I slung my arm around her, protectively and walked out the hallway. She followed beside me, I wanted to lighten the mood.

"Want to go get ice cream??" I turned around to face her with hopeful eyes. "A-Anyo.. it's okay, I'm not in the mood," she shook her head.

Aegyo mode: On.

"Awwww, Ji Eun-aaah, PLEASEEEE?" I pouted. She rolled her eyes and laughed lightly. I was satisfied with just that and joined in on her laughter.

"Fine, haha," The whole mood hasn't dissappeared yet, but we'll get there.

 

 

"What flavor do you want?" Me and her looked through the glass display. There were varieties of flavors and colors. *Hmm, I like mint chocolate chip.* I agreed, then looked over to Ji Eun. I almost burst into laughter, but tried to hold it in.

The sight of her face pressed onto the glass was just too cute. "Ahahahaah!" I finally let out. She looked at me and realized what she was just doing. Her face turnned pink with embarrassment.

I stopped laughing since it made her feel bad. "Can you choose for me, yeobo?" She put a finger on her chin, still scanning the display. The word she finished off her sentence with surprised me, but I went along with it anyways.

"How about.. strawberry! Because it's sweet and cute like you," I smiled and she nodded happily. Even though I was in disguise, I'm happy we were the only ones at the ice cream shop.

Who else would eat ice cream at 42 degrees outside? We got our flavors and sat down together at a small, round table in the corner.

"I'll take you out on dates like this in the future," I accidentally thought out loud. She blinked and then chuckled. "Ahh, you have ice cream on your nose," she said.

"Where??" I felt my nose and felt nothing on it but my bare skin.

"Hmm.. There!!" she giggled and put a dot of ice cream on my nose with her finger. All the sadness seemed to dissappear for a moment as we happily enjoyed our ice cream together.

*I hope it'll always be like this.*