Unexpected

It Hurts... {H I A T U S}

Ji Eun's POV:

 

I woke up from my long sleep and yawned. I felt so tired, like I was a bear who's been in hibernation for the whole summer.

Just like any other day, I opened my eyes to look at my empty apartment with no one there. I was all alone again. 

I sighed and got out of bed to walk to the bathroom.  I brushed my teeth and followed my daily morning routine. It's been a week since I've seen Infinite and Ailee, besides Myungsoo.

Myungsoo and I have went on 2 dates this week to the movies and ice skating. When he holds my hand, I feel so happy.. like I'm worth a million dollars.. Just the thought of us touching warmed my heart. 

Right when I remembered Myungsoo, I remembered he was going to take me out on another date today in the afternoon.

I glanced over to the clock which read 10:51. I had an hour to prepare, no time to waiste.

I'm sure Myungsoo would bring me to a high-class fancy place.

"Hmm. I have to wear something nice. I want to impress oppa," I said and smiled to myself.

After about 10 minutes scouting through my closet, I finally decided on a white button-up top, a navy blue pleated skirt, and black high heels.

I then put my hair into a side braid, smiling the whole time imagining the places Myungsoo would take me. No matter how many times I asked, he wouldn't tell me. He said it was a surprise.

I admired myself in the mirror. I didn't look too girly or nerdy, my outfit was perfect.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door. My parents weren't home, both of them were at work. I ran towards the door yelling "I'll be right there!!" 

*Must be Myungsoo* I thought to myself and peeked through the door hole.

It wasn't Myungsoo. It was 3 strange men I've never seen before.. or at least, they don't seem familiar.

The man in front of the other two was wearing a leather jacket and had a small beard. The man on the right was bald and wearing a gray T Shirt, he was holding a black suitecase. The other guy on the left was wearing black thin sunglasses and his arms had tattooes all over them.

I slowly opened the door and answered, "Yes.. ? How may I help you ?"

As soon as the words left my mouth the men burst through the door. The man with the tattooes grabbed my arms tightly while I struggled to free myself.

*Who are these people and what do they want ?!* I thought to myself. Ugh, why am I thinking this !?!

"Who are you people ? What do you want with me !?!" I shouted while the other 2 men knocked over some of my furniture.

"Shut it," the man who was holding me ordered. The bald man handed the tattooed guy a loop of rope and I assumed they were going to tie my arms together.

I back-kicked the man in the unspeakable area, causin him to set me free. I ran towards my room and locked the door behind me.

I could hear the men pounding on my door outside of my room. I reached for my phone and dialed 119, but I didn't press the call button fast enough. The man in the leather jacket carried me outside and I dropped my phone on my bed.

I saw the bald man throw my phone at the wall, shattering it into pieces.

The 3 men placed me on a chair in my living room and tied me to the chair with the rope.

"You watch the girl. I'll scout the living room and kitchen while you search the bedrooms," the man in the leather, who I'm assuming is the leader, ordered.

The tattooed man stood besides me, while the bald man inspected my parents' room first.

*Myungsoo, please come fast." I prayed to myself. I looked at the clock which read 11:43. I just need to stall for 20 minutes.

"Who are you ? What do you want ? Why are you here ?" I asked sitting perfectly still in the chair, knowing that the more I struggle, the tighter the rope will get.

"Silence." the tattooed man said to me without looking at my face. The man in the leather jacket flipped my sofa tearing it apart, seperating the couch cushions.

Next, he searched my living room shelves, throwing useless papers everywhere. I watched as our family albums and important documents drop to the floor like trash.

"No !! Why are you doing this !?!" I shouted and lurked forward from my chair. The tattooed man shoved me back into my seat.

"None of your concern. Just sit here, quietly, like a good girl and nothing bad will happen to you." the tattooed man looked me straight in the eye.

For the next few minutes I sat in the chair and kept my mouth shut until the man looked through my kitchen cabinets, discovering my parent's secret stash of money.

There was about 10,000,000 won in there. The man took the envelope and put it in his suitecase.

"That doesn't belong to you," I said as I watched these thugs take more of my family's posessions.

"Didn't I tell you to be quiet ?" the man slightly pulled on my hair while my eyes were clouding up from the pain.

*Myungsoo.. please.. save me.* I thought to myself as I prayed for him to come before they killed me.

Right then, the doorbell rang.

The 3 men exchanged glances and finally directed their attention to me. "Don't answer," the leader ordered.

They all nodded and resumed searching my house, ignoring the door.

"Hello ? Ji Eun, are you there ?" he asked but there was no reply so he asked again. "Mr. and Mrs. Lee ? Is anyone home ?"

The men ignored him and I was scared he would leave so I had no choice.

"Myungsoo !!!! help me !! There are people in my house !!! Save m-" I yelled my lungs out until a man covered my mouth with his hand.

Hopefully, he heard me.                                    

      

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

"Hello ? Ji Eun, are you there ?" I asked, though no one answered. I'm sure she's home, she knows we have a date today. I asked again, "Mr. and Mrs. Lee ? Is anyone home ?"

I got the same result as before. I stared at the flowers I brought for Ji Eun.

*Did she ditch me for someone else or something ? We've been talking about our date for 2 days already..*

I was about to leave until I heard a cry for help. "Myungsoo !!!!!! Help me !! There are people in my house !!! Save m-"

I dropped the flowers, rushed back to the house, and kicked the door about 5 times until it fell down.

Inside the house, I saw 3 strange men and Ji Eun tied to a chair in the living room. Her living room.. which was torn into pieces.