Soulmate ?? More like Stalker.

It Hurts... {H I A T U S}

Ailee's POV:

 

After a long day of shopping, going to the movies, and ice skating with Ji Eun, I was finally satisfied with our friendship bonding time.

We bought at least 20 bags of clothes and accessories. I thought over the scenes of me yelling at the loud teens in the back row while watching movies and Ji Eun falling on her a million times in the ice rink and smiled to myself. Though, the smile didn't last long.

Today was going to be the 3rd date my dad set up for me and Dongwoo.

*Out of all people, why Dongwoo ?!!* I still haven't told my dad that I didn't want to get married. Did I want to? Yes. Am I a big chicken? You bet.

I sat in my dad's office as I waited for Dongwoo to come in and take me on our 'date'. *He better not be late again.* I thought, but remembered that day at the coffee shop that he was never the one who sent me the text, it was that , Hwa Mi.

Who does she think she is to get all up in my face, he's MY husband! Wait.. what am I thinking ?? I don't like him that way and I never will.

All of a sudden, somebody stepped in the room holding a bouqet of red roses. I was met with a nicely dressed Dongwoo, wearing a pale blue button-up with his sleeves roled up and casual jeans.

Even if it was a simple outfit.. I felt very attracted to him for some reason. *No ! Ailee, snap out of it, you don't like Dongwoo !!!* I mentally slapped myself.

"I got you umm.. these," He shyly said and handed me the flowers.

"You didn't have to.. it's just a fake date," I bluntly said, emphasizing the word fake. "Oh, no ! I wanted to," he smiled which made my stomach flutter just a bit.

It was awkward and silent for a while. I was sitting on the couch and he was standing in front of me. "Soo.. what did our parents tell us to do today ?" I rolled my eyes, pretending not to look forward to it.

He smiled and said, "The movies !" in the cutest way. "I already went yesterday."

"Uhh.. shopping ? You love-"

"Went yesterday."

"Okay, how about ice skating ?"

"Been there. Done that." He pouted. I love giving him a hard time, I silently giggled to myself.

"Yah, are you just making this all up ?" He asked in a mad voice.

"Of course not !" I said and we both laughed as if I said something funny. Just talking to him was already pretty fun.

"Let's go to the movies. I really wanna watch this horror film, I've been waiting for weeks ! Please, I really want to watch it," He his aegyo on me.

My heart rate accelorated and I just wanted to pinch his cheeks, but I resisted the urge. "Aish.. fine," I didn't tell him that I absolutely hated horror films. They gave me nightmares, but how can I say no to that face ???

 

 

 

Dongwoo's POV:

 

My charming skills and looks eventually got us to the front of the line. "Oppa, can you buy me popcorn ? Pleeeaaaaseee !!" I heard a girl plead to her boyfriend and spred her hands out.

"Of course, yeobo," the guy said and patted her head, handing her a 10 dollar bill. They snuggled and kissed,"I've got to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back," the boy kissed the girl on the forehead and left.

The girl looked very innocent and cute as she slipped the money into her back pocket. All of a sudden the girl walked over to me. "Um, excuse me, I was walking through the area and I lost my direction. Can you please spare a few dollars so I can take the subway back home ??" The girl asked me with her hands spread out with the big, baby-like eyes.

I was about to reply, but Ailee beat me to it. "Oh please. , I saw your whole act. Go find a job instead of acting like a beggar. Do your parents know you scam people for their money ? Do they possibly plan it with you ? Tch, go work as a magician if you love tricking people so much. And back off, this is my man," Ailee shooed the girl off who had a tomatoe red face.

I realized there was a crowd surrounding us, including the people who saw what happened as well. The clueless boyfriend walked out of the restroom, looking for his girlfriend who was gone already.

Without knowing it, I grinned like a happy child who just got a Nintendo DS. Ailee actually said I was her man. "Come on, we'll be late for the movie," she pulled me over to the ticket booth.

Being a gentleman, I payed for our tickets and went into theater number 17 with Ailee by my side. I like how she was honest with everything. Okay, sometimes maybe alittle too honest, but still truthful.

The movie began after a few commercials. The beginning was pretty creepy, the camera zoomed up on a broken doll while Ring Around The Rosey was playing.

I could feel Ailee shaking besides me. Quickly, I put my arm around her shoulder, but she just shrugged me off. *Smooth one, Dongwoo.* I scolded myself. This was my second time trying to hit on a girl.

What happened the first time you ask ? Let's just say mean words were spoken, hearts were broken(well, mine), and a crotch brutally beaten.

*Ugh, that's the last time I trust Sunggyu's advice on girls.* 20 minutes into the movie Ailee let out a shriek and grabbed onto my arm.

She was scared, I could tell. The fearless and confident Ailee was scared of a stupid horror film. I leaned over to her and I could see her blush.

".....Don't piss your pants," I whispered in her ear. "Yah!" she yelled quietly and slapped my chest. A few people shushed us, but continued watching the movie.

The whole time, my focus wasn't on the movie I was dying to watch for a long time, but it was on Ailee with a cute scared face which ressembles to a 5-year-old's.

Soon, the movie ended. The ghost killed the girl. That's the only part of the movie I actually paid attention to. "Aish, I'm never ever ever watching a horror movie ever again !!" Ailee yelled and pouted to herself.

I chuckled and patted her head, "Don't worry, Dongwoo oppa is here for you," I smiled. She slapped my hand away in a playful way.

"Yah, I'm never calling you 'oppa' ! Don't even dream about it !" She laughed and we made our way to the exit.


A few rows behind the happy couple was a jealous Hwa Mi. She was dressed in a thick winter coat, dark black sunglasses, and looked like an old ajhumma.

Hwa Mi who was watching the scene of them making contact the whole time started plotting a plan.

*Ailee, you two-faced . Dongwoo's mine, I'm his soulmate, and we belong together ! That's final. I'll find a way to get rid of you somehow...*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Aye party people !! Haven't updated for a while huh D: Just wanted to add some Ailee/Dongwoo interaction since I've pretty much only focused on the main love triangle. Hope you enjoy!

And just to give you guys a heads up, I'll be updating around once a week now due to school. Sorry!!!!! Thank you for staying patient and encouraging me. Especially Aileeaegyo0530 who made me want to update today.. hehe