Hi, I'm Dongwoo's Soulmate.

It Hurts... {H I A T U S}

"Hello, Eumma.. Appa.. I've missed you two very much.

You don't have to worry about me, I'm living with Myungsoo and Woohyun oppa now.

They're taking great care of me, but I feel like I'm freeloading off of them..

Anyways, I love living with them, though.. I miss my home so much. My real home.

Where are you guys? Are you okay? Has something unfortunate happened? And why can't I contact you guys?

I know I have alot of questions.. that's me, Lee Ji Eun, your curious daughter!

Well, I hope both of you are doing well. Call me back when you get this message ASAP okay?

I love you."

 

 

After sending a long voicemail to my dad's phone number, I hung up and thought about them even more. I wonder if they're okay.. and one thing I was the most curious about.. who were those men who robbed our home ? Do they have some sort of connection as to why my parents are gone ?

I'll find out sooner or later. I just have to be patient and wait for my parents' reply. That's all I can do.

"I'm ready !!! Let's go shopping and finally have some bonding time !!" Ailee walked down the stairs in a fashionable-diva outfit. I looked over at my body which was covered in a white V-Neck, skinny jeans, and high top converse.

Woohyun sent me to Ailee's house, not trusting me home alone with Myungsoo. No matter how much I tried to assure him that it's okay, he wouldn't agree. He said it was dangerous to be around him at this time.

*Myungsoo's a good person, he was just.. drunk yesterday. That's not the Myungsoo I know.. he's different. Right ?* I wanted to believe what I thought, but there was a pang in my stomach that told me otherwise.

I was startled by a beeping sound which came from Ailee's phone. "Aish !!" she let out as soon as she read the message. I came over to read the text.

 

Recieved Text From: Dongwoo =.="

 

Meet me at the cafe across my company building in 20. I have something important to tell you.

 

"What does this buttface want now ?! Ruining our girl time," Ailee pouted. I laughed, "It's okay, I'm sure we can spare a few minutes. And besides, he said it was important."

We grabbed our things and walked out the tall door, "It better be important," she grumpily muttered as we made our way to her car.

 

 

 

Ailee's POV:

 

Me and Ji Eun arrived at Caramel Cafe at exactly 12 0' clock. Dongwoo was nowhere in sight even though we came at the time he told us to.

*Tch, jerk. Tell me to come and not show up, I better see you in the next 5 minutes or else you're dead meat.* I gritted my teeth together, impatiently while Ji Eun was calmly sipping a glass of ice tea.

"Where is he ?! He told me to come in 20 minutes and 30 minutes later, he's not here !?? His company is right across the street for crying out-"

"So you're Ailee ?" A pale skinny girl strutted my way wearing gigantic LV sunglasses, a coral pink dress laced in pearls, and a pure white and gold handbag. The way she asked me that simple question made me want to throw a punch in her face.

"In the flesh. And you are ?" I managed to reply in a calm manner. She smirked and flipped her wavy orange-brown hair. The girl lifted her glasses to reveal large winged eyes.

"Hah. I'm Dongwoo's soulmate, Sun Hwa Mi." she replied. *Hm ? Soulmate ? This is interesting.*

I eyed her up and down. She looked like the girliest diva ever. "Oh, Hwa Mi ehh ? That's a girly name. Suites you well," I smiled and sipped my latte.

She chuckled, "Okay, let's get straight to the point. I am Dongwoo's soulmate, we belong together. I've been chasing after him for 2 years and everything was working out perfectly fine until you came along," She looked at me in the most disgusted way.

"2 years ? You sound like the clingy type.. sorry to break it to you, but Dongwoo hates those type of girls," We exchanged glances before I continued, "Anyways, you have the wrong idea. Our 'thing' is a simple arrangement for business reasons, I don't like Dongwoo-sshi that way."

"My family has been working with Dongwoo's family for 4 years and I've knowned Dongwoo for at least 6, how in the world did Mr. Jang choose a girl like you ?"

I've really had enough of this chick. I can't take her rudeness and hostility towards me anymore, "Maybe they chose me because I'm prettier," I flipped my hair in a mocking way, "and less y."

Hwa Mi let out an insulted squak and hollered, "Dongwoo is mine, no one is going to get in the way of our destiny, expecially not this arrogant ," she spoke as if they've been together in their past lives, as if they loved eachother so much to the extend of dying in eachother's arms.

"I've told you this already, I don't like Dongwoo that way and his feelings are mutual. You have nothing to worry about, so carry on and take your barbie out of this cafe. We'd like some peace and quiet," I gestured towards Ji Eun sitting next to me, as quiet as a cricket.

She slipped her glasses back down, covering her eyes once again. "Just remember, Jang. Dong. Woo. is mine." she finally stated and started strutting out the door, until a familiar face approached her and she stopped in her steps.

"Oh, Dongwoo oppa !!!" she squeeled and hung onto his arm. Pfft, what an act. Her aegyo was seriously vomit-worthy. That .

She sent cold glares my way, but quickly channeled back to a cute sweetheart everytime Dongwoo looked at here.

"What're you doing here, Hwa Mi ??" Dongwoo asked, looking awfully uncomfortable with the brat still hanging on his arm.

"I came here to.. meet up with a friend !! How about you, oppa ?" it looked as if her eyes were about to pop out of her sockets. *Ugh, disgusting.*

"Just went to get a coffee run, I think-" Dongwoo froze and stopped as soon as his gaze landed on me. "Ailee ??"

 

 

 

Dongwoo's POV:

 

"So what takes you guys to a small coffee shop like this ??" I asked, brightly. I was happy to see Ailee again. I haven't seen her since- ah, well.. I've seen her pretty often thanks to the dates our parents set up. As much as I hated to admit it, I liked seeing Ailee's face. I liked talking to her and hearing her beautiful voice, and I liked spending time with her.

"What are you talking about ? You asked me to come," Ailee said with a cute confused expression.

"Huh ?? I never asked you to come here," I replied, returning the clueless face. She took out her phone and showed me her screen.

*A text ?? From me ? When did I send this..* I also checked my phone and saw the sent message. I thought through the whole day to remember when I sent it, but I don't recall sending this text to Ailee.

Suddenly, I remembered when I was in my company elevator alongside Hwa Mi. She was hugging and hanging onto me the whole time. Could she possibly have... no way. What am I thinking, Hwa Mi's way too innocent and kind to do something like that.

"Mianhe.. I guess I sent it, but never remembered.." I held a guilty face and scratched the back of my neck.

Ailee rolled her eyes and continued sipping her drink. Happy, angry, sad, annoyed. Ailee could make any expression beautiful. I stared at her like an idiot, but was interrupted when Hwa Mi tightened her grip on my arm and said,"Oppa, you should be more cautious. Writing a text and not remembering it, picking her," she sent a hateful glare towards Ailee, making her return the expression.

*Do they know eachother or something ? I'm sensing they don't get along very well...*

"Oh, oppa !! I made you chicken stew, your favorite !" She pulled out a small clear container and handed it to me. Hwa Mi cutely smiled and hugged my right arm even tighter.

"Ah.. gomowa, Hwa Mi-ah," I smiled and patted her head. Hwa Mi was seriously the ideal girl for all guys. Kind, pretty, generous, fashionable, and she knows exactly what you like. No matter how perfect she is.. I just couldn't bring myself to like her that way.

Ailee was the only girl in my eyes now. Even if I try not to be drawn to her because of Hoya's feelings.. it's just not possible. I can't ignore my strong feelings for her.

"Well, if you don't have to say anything, we'll be going. Come one, Ji Eun," she said and rushed Ji Eun, wo was still finishing up her beverage.

And with that, she left. I stared at her as she left and noticed her perfect figure and the strong-charismatic aura she had when she strutted. *Why do I love her so much ? Maybe.. maybe this marriage arrangement isn't such a bad thing after all.*