Scared

It Hurts... {H I A T U S}

Woohyun's POV:

 

She chose me. I heard it loud and clear. I looked over and took a glimpse of Myungsoo's fallen face. *Now you know what I've been feeling for nearly 2 years.* I thought.

He stood in the same position as Ji Eun slowly walked over to me. "Come on, Ji Eun. I think we should leave Myungsoo for a while.." I took her hand and walked out the door.

We got into my car and I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face as I knew that I've won her over. She's mine now and I no longer have to be envious of that scumbag any longer.

"Can we go to Ailee's house ?" she said, facing the window on her side of the car. I can tell she was still heartbroken because of Myungsoo.

"Sure," I replied, still happy. We rode off to Ailee's house, not far from here.

 

 

"YAH, JI EUN-AH !!!" Ailee raced towards Ji Eun and gave her a huge hug, squishing her frail figure, "You know how much I missed you ?!"

Ji Eun remained still as she was being glomped. "B-But I thought you were mad at me because of-"

"No !! Just forget that ever happened okay, I'll just totally give you a clean slate !!! I've just missed you so much, and I'm going through so much and- and it's been so hard for me without you here to talk with. Where have you been, do you know how many times I've called and texted you !??!" Ailee rushed her words out and took a deep breathe after spilling everything.

"The thing is, well.. I don't have a phone anymore. It was smashed by.. some people. I've been through a heck of alot too," Ji Eun said. They both sat down next to eachother on the couch and started talking about Ji Eun's situation.

 

 

 

Ji Eun's POV:

 

"..And I've had to live with Myungsoo and Woohyun ever since that happened." It's weird how all of that happened only yesterday.

Woohyun gave me a supportive smile and held onto my hand. "Oh-em-gee. I'm so sorry, I wasn't even there to support you, ugh, some best friend I am," Ailee started freaking out and smacking herself. I laughed and stopped her from damaging her brain any further, "Haha, it's okay. At least I have you, Woohyun, and Myungsoo to-"

As soon as the words came out I wished I had never said them. "U-Uh, well what's going on with you ?? I've said too much about myself, it's your turn to talk," I tried to change the topic, avoiding her curiousity.

"Well.. first, you!" she pointed to Woohyun, "pretend like you heard nothing today, arasso ?" Woohyun immediately bounced his head up and down, imaginarily zipping his lips shut.

"Aish, my dad is planning a mariage arrangement between me and Dongwoo !! They've even set us up on 3 dates and I've been invited over to his house and even met his parents. I don't know what to do, but I do know that I DO NOT like Jang Dongwoo that way," Ailee pouted.

I automatically thought of Hoya. I remembered how Hoya's liked Ailee for ages and was secretly obsessed about her. He would talk about her with me whenever she wasn't around and steal glances of her whenever she wasn't looking.

"Why don't you tell your dad that you don't want to ??" I asked.

"I'm too scared !! My dad and the Jang Electronics Company have been working together for 5 years, do you think he'll just let it go so easily ? They've already settled it."

I didn't know what else to tell her, I really felt useless. "Ah.. you really have it rough," I lightly hugged her.

"Yeah I do.. but I don't think my situation is anywhere near yours. Oh ! I have a bunch of phones, I'll give you one !!" Ailee jumped, "I'll be right back !!" she said and ran off before I could reply.

I looked over to Woohyun who was dazing off and staring at the house's high ceiling. He spun his head around and faced me, "Hey.." he awkwardly said.

"Hey," I mimicked and smiled. His eyes seemed optimistic and sad.

"I want to ask you something," he said and our scenerio reminded me of the one I had earlier with Myungsoo.

"Yeah ?" I asked, wanting the atmosphere to be less awkward.

"When you chose me over Myungsoo, did you really mean it ?? Or was it just a moment of panic ?" He asked curiously.

I didn't even know myself. The words just came out of my mouth without thinking.. but I can't dissapoint him and tell him the truth.

"Of course I meant to," I smiled. He heaved a sigh of relief and slipped his arm onto my shoulder, I layed my head on his shoulder.

His welcoming arms felt cozy, as if I were at home. It felt like I was the most valuable treasure in the world. His smile only added butterflies in my stomach. He's so handsome and kind, I really don't regret choosing him. Well.. maybe a little bit.

"Aish, you love birds, get a room," Ailee said as she walked down from the stairs. "Here. This is the most recent phone I have," she handed me a Samsung Galaxy 3 with a pink leather cover.

"Here's the charger, you don't need to worry about anything, ok ? I'll pay for your phone bill, there's unlimited calls, text, and internet. This is the least I can do for my bestie," she smiled.

I thanked her, and soon she said that she needed to go to another meet-up with her Dongwoo. We left her house and entered Woohyun's car again.

It was around 11:40. Wow, I've been so caught up explaining my story and listening to hers that I lost track of time.

The ride home was silent, but not the awkward kind. More of the 'it's-been-a-long-day-and-I'm-too-tired-to-talk' kind of silence.

We both walked through the door, I feared that Myungsoo would be the first thing I see when I walk in, though he was nowhere in sight. Woohyun checked his room and everywhere in the house, however there was no sign of him.

"Guess he left," Woohyun casually said, throwing his keys on the kitchen counter.

*That's the spot Myungsoo's phone was..* I sighed, remembering what I witnessed this morning. "Are you hungry or anything ? You know I'm quiet the chef," Woohyun said pretending his hands were knives, chopping imaginary lettuce.

I laughed at his dorkiness and he chimed in, "No, it's okay. I'm pretty tired," I said.

"Arassoooo, want me to tuck you in bed ??" he jumped and put his arm around me. He was so cute and playful.

I declined the offer to see his adorable pouty face and went into the bathroom to wash up. I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

My hands grabbed the pink towel Myungsoo prepared for me. I sighed before wiping my face, saying goodnight to Woohyun, and getting into bed.

I pulled out my phone and inserted my mom and dad's numbers into my phone. *Eumma.. Appa.. where are you ??* I wanted to see their face, to be able to hug them and recieve the usual pat on the head from my dad.

A tear shed from my eye. *Be strong, Ji Eun. You'll see them soon. I'm sure they're fine.* I encouraged myself and wiped the tear. I tried to believe that, but inside, I knew everything wasn't okay and nothing would go back to the way it was before.

Minutes passed by as the minutes turned into hours of twisting and turning. It was 2:01 A.M. and I was still awake, not even one bit tired. Even if I was, I wouldn't be able to sleep. Too many things were swirling around in my mind.

I shut my eyes and tried counting sheep, but that rendered useless. Suddenly, I heard the front door open. *It's Myungsoo* I repeated in my head in panic.

Should I just pretend I'm sleeping ?? I nodded and closed my eyes, trying to even out my breath. I heard books and papers being knocked over and chair legs screetching.

*What's happening ?* I thought to myself, still laying low. The footsteps neared to the hallway and it stopped in front of my door. My heart beat faster and faster.

My door abruptly burst open and my eyes burst open as well. "M-Myungsoo," I stuttered at the sight of his slouched drunk-looking body in front of the door.

"Ji Eun-ahh... why do you treat me so bad.." he said, making his way next to my bed in a drunk way.

I scooted backwards with my back against the wall, shaking in fear. his gaze was so serious, yet he looked so drunk and unsteady.

"H-Huh ? Oppa, are you okay ?? I think you should rest.." I said, still scared.

He wobbled around a little bit more, "Can I sleep in your bed tonight ?"