My Best Friend

It Hurts... {H I A T U S}

I recited my speech today because I'm running for student council ASB president in my school and I am in a super duper happy good mood right now. Well, sorry for the long wait, but here you go. One of my very best chapters. LOVE YOU GUYS.


Hoya's POV:

 

"What are you doing here ??" Dongwoo slowly stood up and asked me.

"I knew Ailee would be hurt by Ji Eun so I.. I just came to comfort her.. but I guess her future husband has that taken care of." I glared at him and I heard both of them gulp loudly.

I saw Ailee playing with her bracelets and looking down at the floor. "You knew, Dongwoo. You knew how I felt about.." I trailed off, trailing my eyes back and fourth from Dongwoo and Ailee, "You knew my feelings. So why would you do this ? How could you ?"

I balled my fingers into a fist, my emotions a mix of anger and pain. As one of my best friends, he knew my feelings towards Ailee better than anybody else and yet here I was standing in front of a probably-engaged couple.

"It wasn't our choice, Hoya. Our fathers arranged it for us," He reached out to put a hand on my shoulder, but I shoved his arm away.

"I don't need sympothy from you." I said and looked at Ailee who innocently looked at me with angel-like eyes. *Is she acting innocent just to mess with my head ?! Ugh, she looks so damn adorable, I just can't help but forgive her for everything and give her a clean slate.*

"I'm sorry-" Dongwoo started, though Ailee cut him off.

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Dongwoo. Niether of us do. Why would we need to be sorry for anything ?? It's not our fault." Ailee said emotionlessly looking at me. "Kaja."

With that, they locked arms and walked away. My heart nearly sank and my eyes became cloudy, watching them leave.

For 2 years already, I've loved her more than I value singing. More than I valued, fame and money. More than my life.

 

 

 

Ailee's POV:

 

"Yah, what the heck was that ?!" Dongwoo loosened my grip and freed himself from my arm.

*I can't let him know.* I thought to myself.

"What do you mean what was that ?? I was telling the truth, did I not ?" I replied, giving him an attitude-full stare.

"He's one of your best friends and you're going to treat him like that ? Like trash ?" he folded his arms awaiting a meaningful response.. though he wasn't going to get one.

Hoya's loved me for over 2 years now, and I know it. He's my bestest friend in the whole universe, after Ji Eun, and I don't want to ruin our relationship. I just can't let that happen, it would wreck everything we've ever had.

I cleared my throat and spoke, "If he's my best friend, then I can treat him however I want. Just back off and stick to the wedding plan, okay ? That's the only thing I need to deal with, with you," I walked off.

My feet took me to the parking lot and in my car. I drove off with tears in my eyes as I remembered the first time I met Hoya.


*Flashback*

 

Ailee and Ji Eun sat right next to eachother, reading a magazine together in the library.

"Which dress do you like better, the green one or the blue one ?" Ji Eun stared in envy. Ailee thought for a while with her finger on her chin.

"Definetly the blue one, the green one makes Tiffany look like a sea monster." both girls giggled and squeeled to eachother as they flipped the pages, repeating the same routine.

"YAH !!" They heard a loud outburst from a nearby person, "I'm trying to sleep, here so if you don't mind SHUTTING YOUR FACES, I'd appreciate that !!"

It was a guy in their history class. He was a slacker, a jerk, a player, and he was ranked one of the lowest ranked students at school.

Ji Eun sank lower in her seat and pouted. *I don't want to read anymore. I lost my mood* she sighed.

Meanwhile, Ailee was enraged, about to pull the guys hair out. She stood up and kicked the chair to the floor, causing everyone to stare, except the jerk who went back to sleep in his seat.

"Hey, jerk, you forgot something before you slept," Ailee said with her hands on her hips.

He slowly lifted his head and to his mistake, he asked "What ?" and got a slap in the face in reply. He burst into flames as he stood up from his seat and yelled at Ailee.

"Oh, you want more ?!" Ailee raised her hand, but another person stopped her.

"I-I'm so sorry. My friend, here, is a little grumpy. Please forgive us ?" his warm touch tingled Ailee's skin as she stood there, staring into his sincere eyes.

"U-Um.. it's okay I guess," she stood there, observing this handsome guys' features. His perfect striaght nose, his kind eyes, his soft hair.

"What's your name ?" he offered a hand, "I'm Hoya." even with only a gentle smile, Ailee almost fainted.

"I'm.. Uhh.. I'm.." Ailee stuttered. "She's Ailee, hehe. We're both pleasured to meet you," Ji Eun answered for her while she shook Hoya's hand.

"Nice to meet you too. I hope we can become good friends," he said with the world's most beautiful smile.

And that was when the magic began.