I Will Stay by Your Side.

It Hurts... {H I A T U S}

"Ji Eun-ah!! Who the hell are you guys?!?" I yelled and ran inside the room. I punched a guy in the face and he fell over, I was going to attack the other men too, but they held up guns at me.

"Don't move and the little girl won't get hurt," A bald man threatened and pointed the gun at Ji Eun's head.

I didn't want anything to happen to her because of me so I stayed still and followed their directions. Soon, I was tied to a chair also.

It wasn't being unmanly or scared, I just didn't want anything to happen to my Ji Eun.

"You two, be good kids and sit here."

"O-Oppa..." Ji Eun said before a man yelled at her to be quiet. One of the men with tattooes on his arms looked through Ji Eun's kitchen drawers and cabinets.

He threw the drawers on the ground whenever he didn't find anything useful, including the items in the drawers. The tattooed man flung the kitchen utensil drawer on the floor to his unsatisfaction.

Out fell an egg beater, spatula, and knife from the drawer. The knife was about 2 inches away from me.

I glanced at the other men and they were all busy, searching the house so I stretched my arms down to the floor and grabbed the knife. Thank goodness, I was born with long arms.

*I'll get you out of here, Ji Eun.* I thought as I hid the knife behind my hands, careful to not reveal it to the 3 guys who looked over to us every few minutes.

I started to cut the rope, binding my arms together. Knife in one hand, the other hand tugging and pulling on the rope for support.

Strip by strip, the rope fell apart and my hands were free, though I still kept the rope over my arms to make it look like I was still tied up.

"Ji Eun !" I whispered to her. She was sitting a small space away from me. I gestured to my free hands and knife and she had wide eyes and a big smile, but she soon covered it with a normal face because the men looked our way.

"Stay quiet and still !" The leader yelled at us, pointing a gun at us. We both nodded and exchanged glances.

I didn't know how to pass the knife to Ji Eun. She read my expression and whispered, "Throw it !" *Is she crazy ?! She wants me to throw the knife to her ?!?!*

"What ?!" I looked at her with a that's-ridiculous expression.

*Trust me.* she mouthed the words, trying to assure me. This was way too dangerous to attempt.. but I have to try.

I threw it over her direction to where her hands were, catiously throwing the knife backwards.

Though, sadly, Ji Eun caught the wrong end of the knife and her hand almost immediately gushed out blood. "Oh my.. Ji Eun- Are you- Ji Eun !" I still quietly whispered wanting to get up and comfort her.

Even so, I couldn't blow our cover. Soon, her hand was dripping red liquid, but Ji Eun still managed to hold a smile on her face. She reversed the knife and started cutting the rope, freeing herself too.

I was thinking of how I could distract the guys so we could get out of here until suddenly I heard glass shattering in the hallway.

"What was that ?!" the 3 men directed their attention to the hallway and slowly walked over. Me and Ji Eun made a run for it and the guys only noticed when we opened the door.

I heard loud gunshots while we escaped the house. We ran as fast as we could, away from the house. We hid in a slim part of an alley and saw the guys pass us.

We waited a while before finally breathing normally. "Ji Eun- Are you... Okay ?" I said, still breathing heavily due to us running for about 2 blocks.

She nodded with a slight smile and then brought up her bleeding hands. I almost forgot, "But um.. my hands.." she said and examined them like some sort of exotic plant.

"Aish, seriously, I shouldn't have taken the risk of throwing the knife and injuring you I'm so sorry, Ji Eun-ah," I took her hands and wiped off the velvet blood with my scarf.

"I'm okay, Myungsoo.." she assured me, but then her smile dissappeared. "M-My house.. My parents, where do I go now ? I can't go back."

Her eyes became blurry. I grasped her fragile body and hugged her tightly. "It's okay.. you can stay with me, arasso ? I'll take care of you.. I won't let anything happen to you," I said with her hair in my eyes.

She sniffled and said, "Thank you, Myungsoo Oppa.. I love you."

I slowly let go of her after a while. "Uhh, well are you hungry ? Let's go get something to eat, I'll buy some medications and band-aides too," I smiled brightly, trying to lighten up the mood.

She nodded quietly and followed me out of the alley. She just got robbed and held hostage, I know I can't make her memories and scars dissappear.

I grasped her hand and walked to a nearby bakery down the street. "It's going to be okay.. I'm here for you. Forever and always," I said with a serious tone.

There's no way I'm going to abandon her at this time, when she needs me most. I looked over to Ji Eun, her head was tilted down and stayed silent.

We reached the bakery and everyone stared at, not me, but Ji Eun's bloody hands. I ordered hot tea and many varieties of food for Ji Eun and sat her down at a table in the corner.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to get you some band-aides and other things, okay?" I assured her I'd be back and left the shop to a convenience store in the same street as the bakery.

*Who were those people ? Why were they at Ji Eun's house ?* I had so many questions on my mind..

As soon as I reached the store, I quickly grabbed band-aides, painkillers, healing cream, and anything else she might need. i really didn't know what to do in a situation like this so I just grabbed everything.

I ran back to the bakery shop and there I saw Ji Eun sitting, dabbing napkins on her hands.

"Here's.. um.. the stuff," I set the bag down on the table and took out the materials. I first rinsed her cut with water, wiped it with a napkin, then put healing cream on it, and put a large band-aide over it.

I think I handled it pretty good for my first time. "Does it still hurt ?" I asked as she flinched a little. 

"It stings," she replied. 

"Don't worry, it'll feel better later," I smiled.

The waiter served us our drinks and food and we ate up. As me and Ji Eun bit our food little by little, niether of us said a word to eachother.

Ji Eun stayed quiet the whole time, eating while staring blankly at nothing. I let her be and just continued my meal.

Suddenly, she said something, cutting into the silence. "Myungsoo Oppa.." she called out. 

"Yeah ?" I asked with hopeful eyes.

She remained still for a while, but then finished what she was going to say.

"I-I'm so thankful that you were there to save me. I-I just, I can't think of any way to repay you. Thank you so much.. I am so thankful to have met you, to have you as a friend, to be with you.. I'm just so thankful.." Several tears ran down her cheeks while she was chewing and digesting a croissant.

I watched as she munched and cried at the same time. "Don't cry, Ji Eun-ah. I'm more thankful to have met you than you will ever know," I smiled, but she didn't budge or even look at me.

"Just to let you know.. I'm not the same Myungsoo that I used to be. I'm not an arrogant jerk anymore. I made a promise to myself that I would be a better person and treat you the way you deserve to be treated. I will keep that promise." I said and she finally met my gaze.

She gave me the smallest smile and continued eating.

*Like I've said before, Ji Eun's mine and I will protect her no matter what. Even if Woohyun gets in my way.. I'll win her heart.*


I. AM. SO. SORRY. FORGIVE MEEEE!!!!! I haven't updated for 2 whole months, I can't believe it. First, I went on vacation for a while and when I came back, my internet was shut off for about 3 weeks, and then when I got it back I had a horible case of WRITER'S BLOCK.

Ugh, I'm so thankful for my readers who have been SO patient with me and have supported me even until now. THANK YOU, MY DEAR READERS!!! SARANGHAEYO!!!!

Anyways, please ignore my craziness, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I shall update as often as humanly possible!! Thank you!