Forgive Me?

The Curse

 

Yesung’s POV

The lights were still flickering and Ryeowook was still trembling. “Ryeowook, I’m here.” I held his shoulders as he looked at me with teary eyes. He leaned in and hugged me tightly as I pulled him to sit down with me as I craddled him into my arms, hugging him tightly. Donghae looked over to us in understanding, giving me a small smile. He had given up trying to get attention from the outside by banging on the door and joined Hyukjae in trying to connect to the network service. Hyukjae had also given up trying to connect to the lobby, because we found out that the phone wire was deliberately cut off. It was obvious; someone had intended to lock us inside. I was more focused on the boy in my arms as I left the job of escaping to the Eunhae couple.  I was consistently patting Ryeowook’s back lightly and playing with his hair with the other gently and whispering sweet nothings in his ears. His crying had softened down into sobs and into hiccups. And after, he was just sniffing and leaning against me, he was still slightly afraid because he was trembling. I continued to whisper sweet nothings to him, making him blush and smiled to let him forget about the situation we’re in now. I covered his sight with my body as I pushed his body nearer to my chest and tighten the hug and began to sing softly as I his hair. Not some time after, stable and soft breathing could be heard from him, he must have fallen asleep with my distractions.

“Come on, stupid internet. Damn, connect please urgh!” Hyukjae whispered when he looked over and saw Ryeowook asleep. “How are we ever gonna get out of here when the phone cable is snipped off, and we lost the connection….” Donghae whimpered. I could see fear was slowly creeping on to him. It had been almost half an hour since we were stuck in this confined area. “Yesung Oppa!” I heard a familiar voice calling out and Hye Jin appeared before we could even react. “OMG, make some noise, when you appear, I almost got a heart attack!!” Donghae whined. “She did call Yesung hyung though…” Hyukjae whispered earning a glare from Donghae. “Hyejin, please get us out from here.” I said while I looked at her and back to Ryeowook. “Oppa… no matter how much I do or what I show, I will never win your heart… right?” Hyejin sighed when she saw how tightly I was holding on to Ryeowook. “Hyejin… please, it’s not the time to talk about it…” I sighed when I realized what she was leading on to. “Why should I help… it’s not as if you would ever felt anything towards me at all…” she retorted and folded her arms. “Hyejin… I love you, as a sister, really. I was utterly disappointed when you tried to hurt Ryeowook in the past… I trusted you and you broke that trust by hurting the one I loved… It takes time to forgive too, isn’t it... you were human once too, you could never forget how your brother broke your piano too, right? And I just couldn’t get the chance to talk to you because you flew to the States even when I wanted to talk to you about it…” I sighed. “I am sorry…” She whispered. “I really didn’t know you treated me as a sister, if I knew this when I was still alive, I would had probably stopped whatever I am doing and not even worked with Wooyoung to hurt Ryeowook. I… I just wanted your attention… you knew how my family treated me, I felt so unloved and lonely, until I met you, and then you meet your members and eventually Ryeowook… I was scared that you would leaved me, so I resulted into these.. I am so sorry…” She teared as she spoke.

It wasn’t a lie about how her family ill-treated her just because she did not excel when in her studies like her brother. I knew she was speaking the truth, hey come on, I can’t be wrong, I knew her for years… Donghae looked at me doubtfully. I shook my head, telling him that it was alright to trust her. “Hyejin, will you atone to your sins and help us now? We can’t afford to stay here all night…” Hyukjae spoke up in the silence. “Will you forgive me?” She looked at me and I smiled. “Yah, where did she go?!” Donghae cried when Hyejin disappeared suddenly. “To get help.” I simply replied and shifted Ryeowook a little, so that I could stand up later. True enough to her words, the lift began to move a little and then the door was pried open within minutes. I had told the Eunhae couple to keep Hyejin’s presence a secret. The door opened and we saw the rest of the members, standing there with worried looks. “We are fine! Don’t worry!” Donghae smirked when he walked out of the lift. “Apparently, someone had tried to lock you inside.” One of the investigators said while he looked into the phone cable, it was clearly snipped off, not tore or worn off.

“How did you know we were in there?” I asked the rest when we returned to the dorm after recording a few statements. “It was about time when we started to get all worried about your whereabouts when Sungmin told us that he could get neither of you. And then we received a call from the security guard saying he saw you guys walking in the lift but the lift never came down and it had caused quite a commotion because of the lift breakdown. I was so glad that you guys are okay, especially this boy,” Leeteuk hyung told me as he his hair through Ryeowook’s hair. “He must have been scared uh…” he said softly. “Yes, he was. But he would be fine, with me around.” I smiled and walked towards the room. Ryeowook woke up when I placed him on his bed. “Hey sweetie.” I smiled as I lazily kissed his cheek. “We’re homed? How?” He was shocked and grabbed his toy giraffe pushie in his arms and looked at me for explanation. I chuckled at his actions and explained the exact same thing as what Leeteuk hyung had told us, omitting Hyejin’s visit. He sighed after I had done explaining. “Why the sigh?” I asked as I s my arms around his waist. “Because.. I thought it was the ghost trying to hurt me again..” He looked down at his lap and played with his fingers. “Well… it’s not, so don’t worry.” I his side gently, rocking him slightly. “What about the two men that follow us, who are they?” He asked me. “Crap, I forget about them, anyways, who cares about insignificant people in our lives. Let’s go get ourselves washed up and smell nice.” I said while I playfully threw him over my shoulders and he whined and hit my back, screaming for me to put him down. I laughed and walked into the bathroom in our room and placed him down, claiming his lips. “Daebak, you looked extremely y now.” I grinned as he shot me and alarmed look. “Not…today… I am tired… oh hyung…” I grinned.