The Badge

The Curse

 

Sungmin's POV
 
I decided to take a little walk down the streets after dinner. Everything that was happening to us, was really stressing me out. I know i dont have the rights to be complaining when i am not the one experiencing everything. But looking at how the others are coping with these rubbish, i still feel uncomfortable about all these happenings. Why did Hyejin want us to read the letters so much? I had so many questions in me. But i knew no one would be able to help me answer them. I sighed as i walked further down the empty streets. Wait a minute.... this place is usually filled with people, but why there isnt anyone today? I looked around, looking for people, or at least something alive.. I stared into the shops, and my jaws dropped. There were no one at all. I decided to hurry back to the dorm because it was indeed getting late. As i turned back to walk, an old man happened to bump into me. "Omg, excuse me, are you alright? I am so sorry." I apologised as i helped him up. "Thankyou.." He mumbled and then walked away. "Sir, i think you might have dropped something!" I picked up the parcel and wanted to return to him but he was nowhere to be found. I shrugged as i looked at the item in my hand, probably there might be some clue to where he might be saying at. Nothing. Nothing at all. But what was left was a short note sticking onto it. I gasped when i noticed what was written on it. "Use this and take care of Ryeowook." Who the hell is that old man?
 
"EXCUSE ME!!" I heard a shout and spun around. I was shocked at the amount of people on the streets. Weren't there no one on the streets? I bowed and apologised as the cyclist cycled passed me. I looked back into the empty store just now and realised business were just as usual. What the hell just happen? I look back into the item in my hand, it had turned into a badge. Was it safe? How am i supposed to tell the members about what just happened? Will they even believe me? What if this badge cause more pain to Ryeowook? I would never forgive myself for it. I decided that i should keep it away from the members and find out the truth before anything gets even more complicated then what it is now. I sighed as I started to walk back to the dorm. "WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?!" I got shouted at, the moment i stepped into the dorm. "Nothing..." My voice was trembling. Probably just abit shaken from the experience i had a moment ago. How can I be in a deserted town in a moment and the next, in a crowded place? No, Lee Sungmin, dont give yourself away. "What's wrong?" I had many concerns coming at me. I just shook my hand and ran into my room and shut the door, locking it. "Sungmin ah!" I could heard the rest calling out for me, Kyuhyun was begging for me to open the door and let him talk to me. What is there to talk about? I took out the badge and give it a second thought. Should i take the risk or......? 
 
"RYEOWOOK!" I heard shouts and immediately i placed the badge into my pocket and ran towards the commotion. Ryeowook had fainted on his way to the kitchen. "He is getting weaker, isnt he?" Heechul hyung voiced out as Yesung hyung carried the boy on to the couch and used a wet towel and wiped his face. "His fever is still not going down.." Yesung hyung answered with much hurt and pain in his voice. I wanted to wake towards the boy but i remembered i had a badge in my pocket. What if it does harm to him? What should i do? A pair of arms hugged my waist and i immediately screamed due to the sudden contact. I had enough of what had just happened when i was in town that i was being extra paranoid to whatever that is happening. "Sungmin hyung, chill... it's me..." I heard Kyuhyun's comforting voice and somehow it calmed me down. I felt my heart racing like a race car and that i couldnt breathe. "Give it to him, give it to him." The old man's voice repeated in my head. "NO NO !!!! DONT!!!!" I screamed as i held my head, trying to shake the voice out. "SHUT UP!!!" I screamed when the voice got louder and i snapped and cried when i thought i saw him in our dorm. "GIVE IT TO HIM." His voice boomed into my head and unknowingly my hand started to dip into my pocket. No, this couldnt be happening. "STOP, NO !!!!!" I shouted when i took out the badge and threw it to Ryeowook who was now staring at me in fear. "NOOOO!!!!" I screamed and Yesung hyung somehow got a hint and hit the badge away and it landed to where the old man, whom i saw, was at. He screamed in pain making my head spun with great pain. "URGHHHHH!" I screamed as i felt the pain shoting up my body. "AHHHH!" I screamed in pain. I was somehow glad that the badge didnt get to Ryeowook, it would have been worst if he was the one experiencing this pain. "RYEOWOOK!" I screamed. I didnt know why i shouted his name but everything was blurred and finally for what it seemed, everything went black.
 
Yesung's POV
 
Sungmin fell numb into the arms of a panic Kyuhyun. "Sungmin... Sungmin!!!" We tried to wake him up but he just laid there, panting and sweating. "Give him a cold bath and put him to rest." Leeteuk hyung patted Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun nodded and carried Sungmin into the bathroom with the help of Siwon. "What the hell happened?" Donghae sighed as he sat down beside Ryeowook who was still staring at Sungmin who was being brought away. "I dont know, he seemed weird when he got home just now. Something must have happened to him, he wouldnt be so paranoid without a reason. He even got a shock when Kyuhyun back hugged him." Kangin sighed. I channeled my attention back to Ryeowook but realised he was missing from his seat. "Ryeowook?" I spun around and saw him walking towards the abandon badge in a daze. "Stop! Ryeowook!" I shouted and Hyukjae who happened to be near, grabbed him by his arms and pulled him back. "Ryeowook?" I heard Hyukjae called out to him as i hurried over. He was just staring into nothing but seemed like there was another energy field, pulling him towards the abandon badge. I shirked in horror and screamed for Siwon, when i noticed the charm that was supposed to help him get rid of the spirits was glowing. 
 
Siwon came and immediately pulled Ryeowook back and Ryeowook happened to snap out of his trance. "AHHHHH!" He covered his face with both of his hands as he screamed and kneeled down on the floor. "Ryeowookie?" I squat down and tried to pull his hands away. I gasped when i looked into his eyes. They were red, burning with pain. "It hurts, it hurts!!! I cant see a thing..." He sobbed as he tried to rub them . "No, dont." I teared as i took his hands into mine and hugged him tightly. "You are gonna be okay... Help is on the way.." I sobbed as i hugged the boy in my embrace and looked at Siwon. He was on the phone. "Stop crying, your eyes wont hurt this way, okay?" I wiped his tears away and held his hands tightly. "I wont leave you, I am here." I kissed his cheeks and carried him up. He had been attacked before. He had lost his sight before when the girl in the bathroom left his fingerprints on his shoulder. "It's like a reactment." I said to the members around me. Hyukjae gave me a confused look. "Remember that time? He took a long time in the bathroom and something happened? He was just staring into nothing and the next moment he was screaming that he couldnt see anything nor hear anything? It's just like what happened just now.." The rest nodded and then looked at the boy in my arms. He was shivering and trembling as i slowly his back. 
 
"How is Sungmin?" Donghae asked when Kyuhyun carried Sungmin back into the living room. Shindong went to get them as we thought that staying together would be much a better choice then scattered around. Sungmin woke up before Kyuhyun wanted to answer us. "What exactly happen? I demand an answer." Leeteuk hyung asked he looked at Sungmin. But he wasnt sounding fierce but just concerned. Kibum handed Sungmin a cup of warm water before Sungmin began to pour everything out. From his worries, to his walk to the deserted town to the encounter with the old man, to the crowded town and then the badge and voices in his head. "Is the old man still here?" I asked, hoping that my guess about where the old man had went, wasnt true. "Deh.. Ryeowookie... He is.. using Ryeowookie..." Sungmin burst into tears. "It's all my fault... i am so sorry. it's all my fault." He cried. "No, never." Kyuhyun silenced him up with a kiss, but Sungmin couldnt stop blaming himself for whatever that was happening after he came back. "It's my fault. It's my fault." He sobbed and a sudden doorbell made us all jumped. Siwon's priest had arrived and he quickly performed a simple ritual on Ryeowook. 
 
"Yesung hyungie..." Ryeowook threw himself on me once he was done. The red eyes were gone. He was no longer in pain. Some of his scars had also faded. "I am scared....." He sobbed and i hugged him tightly to myself as I looked at the others. "Hush... it's gonna be okay..." I hugged him as i looked at Sungmin who was still crying. "Ryeowook-ah, are you feeling better? Are your wounds still hurting?" I asked and Ryeowook looked up at me for awhile and touched the places that the scars used to be decorating it. "Eh... nope, it doesnt hurt anymore and they are gone!" He said as he rubbed his arms and stood up, looking at the other parts of his body. "Hyungie! They are gone ! I am beautiful again!" He said excitedly. "Is that a good thing?" I asked the priest who took Ryeowook's hand and examined it. "He seemed fined, and normal, there are no negative energy in him. May i know what happened here?" He asked and we explained everything to him. Sungmin had stopped crying when Ryeowook said that his scars were gone. "So... the badge helped?" Leeteuk hyung asked and the priest went over and took up the abandon badge. "This... is... whoah... The Keeper was here.." He said as he nodded. "What do you mean?" We asked as we looked at him confused. "The Keeper or another words, The Protector. This badge was used in the ancient times to wear off all spirits." He explained. We had some chat afterwards and after that, i went to Sungmin. "It's not your fault, and thankyou for protecting Ryeowookie when you are in doubt. Thankyou." I smiled and hugged him. "Yesungiieeeeee!" Ryeowook pulled me when i broke the hug. "Yes baby?" I smiled at his smiles. "THE SCARS ARE GONE!" He cheered.