Kloud9 - JiEun X Chanyeol

SMILE -- ONESHOOT/DRABBLES REQUESTS COLLECTION --

Chapter Title : Ice Prince

 

 

“Are we done yet?” Chanyeol asked from her back, obviously getting impatient waited for her. JiEun turned her body around and gave him an assuring smile, “I am done. Let’s go.” She took her pursue and grabbed his hand. He sighed in relief as they now were more than ready to go to the party.

For someone who didn’t know him from her side, no one would know how cold he was. No one would ever think that he was a very impatient and cold person. It was his dark side which only her who knew it because he had never let that side of him to be shown to anyone. Except for her. She didn’t know why he chose to show it to her but she let it, she didn’t say anything when he suddenly changed from a warm hearted man into a cold and ice prince with her.

She had never complained too though, she enjoyed her time with him. When he was being the ice prince or when he was being the happy virus, JiEun didn’t care. As long it was him, she would give all of her attention and affections. As long it was him, JiEun would do anything for him.

Chanyeol was driving with full thoughts, not noticing that JiEun was watching from the passenger seat. “Chanyeol-ah..” JiEun called him softly, if it was another person they would probably turn to her and give her their smile but it was Chanyeol she was talking to. “What?” His cold voice sent shivers to her body and made her questioning her decision to call him earlier.

“Song JiEun, what is it?” The annoyed voice he used to her makes her startle. “N..No.” She mumbled, feeling scared to tell him what she was thinking. Maybe it wasn’t the right time to tell him that. “Don’t make me not able to focus on the road.” He warned her with his stern and cold voice. “Y..Yes, Chanyeol. I’m sorry.” She muttered. Living with Chanyeol was always hard for her and always made her questioning about his love. Did he really love her? Did he really like her when he asked her to be his girlfriend? Was that right when he said that he was happy to have her as his girlfriend?

Her dreaming soon got broken when he tapped her arm, telling her to prepare as they had arrived on the party’s place. Chanyeol parked the car by himself, a proof to his side of untrusting someone he didn’t trust. JiEun was still in silent as she watched him parking his car to the perfect place (in his eyes of course).

His body had gone out from the car when he realized that she hadn’t even opened the door. “Why you’re still there? Do you want to accompany me or not?” He asked loud to her as he stick in his head into the car and looked at JiEun who was trying to gain more of her courage. “Do you want me to open your door?” He asked, colder than before. JiEun turned her head to him with a shock expression was drawn completely on her face. “No! Of course not.” She quickly stated with a smile. “Good, because I won’t do it to you.” He said that before slammed the door to close. JiEun gulped, not knowing his mood was that bad. She opened the door and was half running to catch him who had walked way further than her. She was panting very hard and she could sense that her sweats would fall down very soon and ruin her make ups. “Are you thirsty?” He asked, not even turning his head to her who was trying to gain her breathe. She shook her head weakly while walking slowly behind him, not even trying to answer his question. Surprisingly, he stopped walking and waiting for her before continued his steps again which actually made her confused. “Why are you slowing down?” She asked bluntly.

“Because I don’t want to leave you all alone here. We don’t want you to get lost, do we?” The reason made her smile drops in a moment. She was already thinking about his sweet words but then the reason really destroyed her happy feeling. She pouted slightly before changed her expression back to normal. She followed his steps in silence and didn’t lift her head a bit. Deep inside, she was regretting what she was doing and her choice back then, every thing played in her mind and every single detail of it made her sick.

She felt like she was caged and trapped, she couldn’t breathe and he was the one who caged her. She couldn’t think anything further as he suddenly became a bright person and slipped her hand on his arm, he dragged her along the place, and greeted many people. She tried to balance the situation with giving them her best smile. She tried to follow his steps which seemed to be waiting for her to follow. She was feeling like a machine.

She slowly parted herself from him and walked to the corner as she took a glass of wine along with her. She watched how people were walking and crossing in the room, seemed to be not caring about anything beside their happiness. But why she was standing in the corner and lost in her own thoughts? Why did she look like an ugly duck between the beautiful swans? Her eyes immediately wandered to his direction, she could see him clearly from her side, and her heart ached when she saw him. She lost all of her praises for him, she lost her patience for him, and she wanted to go from the party as soon as possible.

No, it wasn’t the fact that he was talking in an intimate way to girls around him. No, it was not about him becoming happy when she was not around. No, it wasn’t because he became suddenly happy and not sad like when he was with her. But the fact that he didn’t even realize her lost of presence beside him that made her sad. He didn’t really think of her, eh? At the end of the day, she would just become his doll, wouldn’t she?

The pain was too much for her and she didn’t like it. She put her glass on the nearest table and went to the exit door, she took her coat from the maid and stormed out from the room. She desperately trying to find the lift and when she found it, she pressed the button impatiently. All she wanted to do was escaping from the place. The door was opened and she quickly went into it, not caring if he realized she had completely gone or not. Beside, he didn’t really pay attention to her right? As the lift went down, every memory she had with him flooded her mind. The way he confessed to her in a very unromantic way, the way he tried to be affectionate to her though it was just a failure, the way he asked her to live with him and always made her nuts in the first month she lived with him, and of course, the unusual way of him to show her how madly in love he was.

But as much as she tried to think of those things, he had always chances to hurt her and he always used it. She didn’t know if he did in purpose or he just that stupid when came to her. She just couldn’t hide her smile when she remembered the first time she realized how different he was when he was just alone with her and when he was in the crowd. The ice cold prince of hers suddenly became a happy virus that made every body smiled and told her to not letting him go. Why would she let him go if in the fact, it was him who was walking away from her life?

Taking a deep sigh, she tried hard to only focus on her position at the time and she was successfully reached the bottom floor.

 

***

 

“Am I that stupid? Am I really that fool?” She whispered herself the words as she stepped out from the building. The cold wind greeted her when she walked out from the building and facing the street. People were passing by with their thick coat and scarves while she was standing there, confused and lost in her thin coat and without any scarves. She didn’t wear gloves either which made everything worst, not to mention that she was wearing heels which probably would make her hardly walk.

Ignored all of those bad sides, she took the steps with her own motivation whispers. She whispered herself that everything was okay, she told herself that she had brought enough money and she brought her cell phone in case someone asked her about her works, she told herself that the train was waiting for her and if not, she could just take the bus. She was sure her feet were swollen and frozen because the risky thing she chose to ignore, the weather and the temperature. Giving up on her freezing and swollen feet, she toke the bus to the nearest place of her flat. She watched as the scenery of night Seoul passing by on the window and she watched how couples were having each other’s hand in their tight grips. Some even shared their heats by getting their bodies closer to each other.

JiEun exhaled, Chanyeol would never be like that. And he would cringe if she told him to do that for her, he would always cringe and scoff whenever she asked him for doing something sweets. He was just too stubborn and cold hearted for her tolerance. She started wondering if it was better for them to break up and living separately. Sure, they had lived together for about six months but it didn’t mean that she couldn’t go to her own way and using all of her own money to survive. She didn’t wrap her fingers around him to get his money. She was hoping to wrap her fingers around his love, which actually something impossible to do.

She looked out once again and realized that she had been very close to her flat, it was probably not just her flat, and it was theirs. She quickly climbed out from the bus when the bus had stopped completely. She assured herself to walk a little bit to the flat building. But she knew that she wouldn’t just unlock the flat and sleep tight tonight. She would pack her things and went as fast as she could before he finally decided to go home, she had to do it in hurry. The thought made her to fasten her steps and when she arrived in front of the flat, she felt relieved. She unlocked it and burst into the room, she didn’t bother to turn on the lamps as she heading towards the bedroom in one swift movement. She pulled out her luggage and stuffed her clothes in it, she grabbed her cosmetics from its place and grabbed some of the small things in the bedroom. Things she would really need and wouldn’t be able to leave it there. She questioned herself if she had to go to the other rooms to grab her things but the only thing she could think was the bathroom. She half running to the bathroom and took her things which was just some actually.

Felt satisfied because she was able to gather the things in such a fast pace, she brought her luggage and herself to the front door. Before she was able to reach the door knob, the lamps and shone brightly and made her covering her eyes in surprise.

“Where do you think you’re going?” The cold voice that she had been too familiar with talked from her back. She gulped, feeling all guilty, angry, hesitated, and embarrassed because of the words he threw to her. And to the fact that he was able to catch her right handed before she was able to escape.

“I’m asking you, Song JiEun. What the heck are you doing?!” He was shouting with his cold voice which actually scared her. She didn’t know how to answer as her lips felt like it was locked completely and forbidden to answer him which actually made him getting more pissed off. He walked to her and shook her body violently as he looked at her sharply which actually made her shivering some more.

“Why you don’t answer me?! Are you going to be a coward and run away just like that?!”  “Let go, Chanyeol.” She didn’t know how she could make her voice sounded to not trembling or expressed in fear but full of firmness and made Chanyeol to blink two times before loosing his grip on her body. For the time she was able to calm herself, she could see that he was still wearing his party suit and even his hair was in mess, his make up hadn’t been removed and he looked worry.

“I want to leave you.” She whispered, trying hard to tell her heart to not softening for him. He was taken back with her words and she knew it perfectly although he tried hard to hold it back. “I’m tired with you, Chanyeol. I am truthfully tired with all of your acts to me. I’m tired because you have never really thought of me as a woman.” She was surprised with the switch of the role at the time, she didn’t expect this to happen. Not even a little of it.

“JiEun-ah..” He tried to call her with his hands tried to grab her. She slapped his hands away with a sad smile, “No. I don’t want you to touch me.” He broke down. And it was too much for her, to see him kneeling in front of her with his head hung low and speechless. JiEun took a pity on him as she lowered herself to his level and cupped his face with both of her hands. She looked directly to his eyes and way too surprise when she looked tears was coming out from his eyes. “Chanyeol-ah..” She stuttered, too shock to process everything.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered as he cried. JiEun , for the very first time in their relationship, lost of words because of his shocking behavior. “Please, I beg you to stay. I don’t care how weird I look right now. I want to spend my time with you, please. Don’t leave me here.” JiEun couldn’t hold back of her tears as she hugged him and freed herself from whatever bad feeling she had for him. She let him to cry in her embrace and also let her to rethink about whatever she had thought after all of this time.

She didn’t know he was this weak when she was going to leave him. “Chanyeol-ah.. Stop crying. Jebal..” JiEun slowly sobbed too, and made the noises became louder at the time. He slowly lifted his head to look at her in a better vision with his red face. “I’m sorry because I’m different with you. I’m sorry because I always make you lost of hopes when you talk to me.  I’m sorry because I’m too cold when I face you. I’m sorry, I really am. But please, I beg you, don’t leave me.” The words broke her heart and unconsciously made her crying.

“I’m sorry to misunderstand you, Chanyeol-ah..” She whispered hoarsely as breathing felt too much for her. He gently pulled himself out from her embrace and faced her with a slight smile that made him looks cool before wiping off the tears from her face and admired her face for a long time. “I really love you, I’m just not that smart to express myself when I’m alone with you. I’m sorry, baby.” He murmured as he hugged her tight, not wanting to let her go.

She smiled in approval as she too, tightened her hug on him and let the warmth to be transferred to her body. She could feel his breath on her neck and she could feel him,  real and alive in front of her. It was all enough for her, she wouldn’t love anyone else. She would only love him, forever, she promised it for him.

 


 

A/N : Probably won't take any req again. The next Daehyo story would be the last :)