Kkberry ~ HYOSUNGXDAEHYUN

SMILE -- ONESHOOT/DRABBLES REQUESTS COLLECTION --

Chapter Title : The Love from the Past

 

“Tell me the truth.” She suddenly heard someone talked behind her. Immediately, she turned herself only to find nobody was looking at her. She huffed as she realized that once again she had found herself dreaming about someone called her. Hyosung wiped away her sweats as once again she was going around the place to check out if there was any mistake made.

She somehow felt fascinated by the old building, it was very beautiful and artistic, and every picture told their stories. Hyosung sighed as she didn’t find anything new since the morning in the place until now. It was almost midnight but her MV filming was still progressing. The other members were finishing some scenes and seemed like they did everything wrong at the time as the director kept shouting things at them. Hyosung shook her head, thankful that she had finished her part earlier.

“Hyosung-ah!” Her manager shouted at her, signaling that he had an urge thing to say. She approached him with her blanket was still around her body. “Aren’t you tired? As far it’s only Zinger who had done her part. The other two are still having problems.” He said, her face was full of worried and Hyosung pitied him. “No, oppa. It’s okay. I want to take a look of this house a little more.” Hyosung replied as she showed her gummy smile. “Alright, Zinger is resting in the van and we will leave when the two have done, okay?” Hyosung nodded as signal that she had understood. When she was about to leave, her manager called her name once again, and talked almost inaudibly “Don’t go too far, get it?” Hyosung shouted a ‘Yes’ as she started walking to the other side of the house.

These days had been very hard for her and the other three girls. They were attending many events and shows only to earn more money and more fame. They had been forced to promote themselves out from their limit because they had been missing from the public for a long time. They didn’t mind actually, they loved to do what they were doing, it was a miracle for them and a gift by God for them so they didn’t to waste or miss the chance. Hyosung brought her legs into one of the furthest room. The room was located in the corner of the first floor and it was the only room in the section. Some staffs passed her a smile when she went passing them. When she was going closer to the room, she saw no one was around the room.

And when she stepped inside, she even more terrified by the fact that she was alone in the room. She looked around but there was no staff in the place. But seemed like the staff had given some lights for some reasons that she didn’t know.  She walked into the room in silent, the shouts from the director was heard further behind. Talks between staffs were almost unheard from the place. Her eyes were adjusting with the room when she suddenly saw a man with a handsome face sitting on the dusty bed. His eyes were looking straight to her and he was folding his arms in front of his chest. Coughed awkwardly, Hyosung let out a small greet, “Hi?” She thought that he was one of the staffs though his clothes were pretty different and weird.

“What are you doing in my room?” He directly asked, not caring with her pale face. “Uhm.. I only wanted to look further inside this house.” Hyosung said in uncertainty drawn clearly in her words. She started calculating everything when he said the room was his. “Seems like you have stepped inside the wrong side then.” He said again as he now stood up and walked to her. Hyosung wanted to sequel loudly when she realized that his body was transparent and his legs even barely touching the floor. “Now that you know what I am, why don’t you keep it as our secret?” He suddenly had appeared behind her, whispering very close to her ear.

“You look hot though, I like you.” He said bluntly. Hyosung, eaten by her fear but also speechless by his words, was freezing on her place. She was unable to move and her heart was beating very fast due to the fact that she was meeting with a ghost that complemented her. “Oh, look. You like to be called hot eh?” He chuckled as Hyosung felt her cheeks were touched by cold wind. “S..Stop.” Hyosung murmured, trying to free herself. “Who told you that you can just go away like that after entering my room without permission?” He once again whispered to her while his hands were grabbing her wrists tight.

“Let go… Please.” She helplessly stuttered due to him. She really hated the feeling of cold air around her body, the feeling was like death. It was cold and made her felt helpless for everything. “No, hot girl. I’m not going to let you go that fast.” He said as his hands were now holding her by her waist and made her yelping in surprise. She was panic but her mind seemed to be clouded whenever she wanted to free herself. “P..Please.” She begged once again, throwing away her pride. She heard chuckles but then she heard hisses when the ghost realized that she wasn’t the only person in the house. Her manager’s face appeared on the door, his eyes showing a pure tiredness and looked at her worriedly. Hyosung wanted to run to him and tell him what was happening to her when she felt his grip on her waist tightened. She could hear him whispering to her, very slowly until she shivered. “Don’t ever tell anyone about this meeting.” Hyosung held her breathe for a moment and the cold and odd feeling around her body missing just like that. She sighed hard.

“Hyosung? Are you okay? You looked like you’ve just met with a ghost.” Her manager said in joking manner as he tugged her to get out from the room. Hyosung just chuckled bitterly as she was still shock from the meeting earlier. “You didn’t really meet ghost, did you?” The manager asked suspiciously. Hyosung, who was looking at everywhere but not to her manager, turned her head in surprise, “Why would you ask that, oppa?  I didn’t meet any ghost.” She said. That was when she suddenly saw him on the second floor, leaning lazily on the top of the stairs while his eyes settled on her. He smirked on her and followed her by his gaze.

Hyosung, gulped, hurriedly went to the van with her manager looked at him in pure worried. Way behind them, the ghost had his eyes on her and with his smirk appeared continuously.

 

 

Hyosung was trying to sleep after the tight schedule they had on the early day but found no comfort. She sat and hugged her knee close to her body as her mind started driving to the way his crush was looking at her early. “Seems like someone can’t sleep.” The sweet voice of the ghost went to her ears sharply. She widened her eyes in fear as she slowly recognized the owner of the voice. “What are you doing here?” She asked carefully and held her knees even closer than before. She looked around the room but found nothing than her stuffs. She turned her head to the right and almost screamed when she saw the ghost was sitting next to her with his face was some inches away from her.

“Ssshhh..” He whispered sweetly and Hyosung could feel that his power didn’t let her to scream. Hyosung’s eyes were still wide opened as she stared at him in pure fear and disbelief. “Hello, hot girl.” He said again and smiled, she for some times realized that his face was very handsome though to the fact that he was so pale. “W..What are you doing here?” Hyosung stuttered as she tried to balance herself from the current position she was in.

“Visiting you. I’m curious about your name.” The ghost said simply. Hyosung only tilted her head in confusion. “Give me your name.” The ghost said once again impatiently. Hyosung’s mind raced very fast, she didn’t know what to do and why was the ghost very desperate for her name. Instead of answering him, Hyosung screamed loudly in order to make someone in the dorm woke up. She really wished someone could save her from the situation.

He looked at her in disbelief. “No one will come here.” He said as he smirked. “Your name, girl.” The ghost said once again. Annoyed because the ghost kept asking for her name, she replied it rudely “Why don’t you give me yours first?” He looked like he had been slapped by someone when she asked it. He looked away before looking back at her. “Promise me you will tell me your name if I tell you mine?” The ghost looked hopefully to the girl. Hyosung nodded, agreeing to his contract. “My name is… Jung Daehyun.” He whispered lowly and almost not audible for her. “Daehyun..” Hyosung murmured. “Now tell me yours!” He suddenly said in demanding tone as he rose up from the bed.

Hyosung gasped in shock as his cold hands held her face between them and he stared deeply into her. She somehow felt like she had known him for some of times. She was about to answer him when her room’s door was opened rudely and the cold hands suddenly disappeared. “Unnie!” The girls came into her and brought her into their embrace. “What happened?” They all asked in unison.

“I..I met a ghost who wanted my name.” Hyosung said in whispering tone. Everyone looked at her but then it was JiEun’s gasp that surprised them. “Did it really ask you for it?” She asked. Hyosung nodded. “He gave me his and I was about to tell him when you all showed up.” She explained to JiEun who was looking at her in relief. “Thank God you didn’t give him your name!” She exclaimed happily.

“What is wrong with giving the ghost unnie’s name?” Zinger asked from her right. JiEun took a deep sigh as she slowly explained to the girls. “No, it’s prohibited, Zinger-ah. Because when you give your name to the ghost it means that you’re tied with him.” The three other girls gasped on horror as they realized how dangerous the situation was.

“But, JiEunnie, the ghost gave me his name.” Hyosung said in confusion but also as if she stated something. “It means that he is tied with you now, unnie. Whatever you want or do, he will do it for you.” JiEun said. Hyosung went dizzy with all of the explanation, she didn’t know why the ghost gave her his name if he knew the risk by giving her his name.

“Unnie, I can ask my friend who could see ghost to burn the ghost. Do you want her to do it for you?” JiEun’s words wakened her up from her dreaming. Hyosung only could nod in agreement as she still couldn’t think why he gave her his name. “I’ll contact him later, unnie.” Hyosung looked up and nodded once again, her neck felt really tired by the time and she realized that she had lost too many time for her sleep. “Go to sleep all of you.” She said, hushed them to their rooms. They only pouted as they obeyed her instruction. Hyosung rubbed her eyes in tiredness as she slowly drifted to sleep.

The next day, she asked her manager to go to the house where they filmed their MV. The manager refused her at first but she kept whining to him and got him giving up for her. Hyosung’s manager let her to get into the house alone as she had made him to promise. Hyosung’s eyes wandered to everywhere but he hadn’t showed himself yet. It was when she was in the living room he suddenly appeared, leaning lazily on the wall. “Looking for me?” He said lazily and successfully made Hyosung jumped in surprise.

Hyosung limply and foolishly nodded to the question. The latter only smirked as he started walking to her. “And what is it until you come to my house?” He asked, his fingers had attached to her again by touching her face lightly. For some odd reasons, Hyosung started enjoying his cold touch on her. “I just..” “Wondering why I gave you my name.” He whispered as he had been very close to her. “Uhm.. Yeah.” She mumbled.

He chuckled lightly as he started going back from her. The sparkling eyes she saw on him made her heart shivering in anticipation and also fear. There was a familiar feeling she had whenever she looked at him but maybe it was just her who was feeling so. “You know, I have this thing for you. You can try to read it.” And with that, Daehyun threw a book for her. Hyosung quickly caught it, the book itself almost hit her nose and broke it. Her eyes widened in surprise. In no time, the ghost had been beside her again, touching her in worried touch. “Sorry, didn’t mean it to be that hard.”

Hyosung’s heart skipped a beat when she looked at him. The beautiful handsome ghost was very fascinating and she couldn’t get out from the spell he had for her. He was just that awesome to be a ghost. And Hyosung couldn’t find the reason why. “You really haven’t changed, have you?” He whispered slowly before finally disappeared.

Hyosung was freezing on her place. It was her manager who dragged her away from the place as he kept nagging on her about the time she spent in the house. Hyosung rubbed the back of the book with a slight curiosity building in her mind. She opened the book but there was nothing, she tilted her head in confusion. But when she opened the next page, her heart skipped a beat. She saw a girl with the similar face with her smiling back to her with the ghost was beside her. They looked happy and thankful for everything. Hyosung observed the photo but she saw nothing that could make her deny that it was her face in the picture. Her eyes then shifted to the ghost’s face and she suddenly felt her heart was racing even faster than before. Taking a deep breathe, she flipped the page to the next page and found herself reading on a beautiful hand written.

 

“If the days could be a little longer, I promise myself to keep him for me only.

I won’t let him go, I will hold him tight to me as we kissing each other.

But there’s something I know but he doesn’t.

And it’s about the relationship we had in the past.

The relationship was so complicated that I can’t even remember again why I ended being with him again now.

Does God want me to make him happy by matching him with another girl?”

 

Hyosung’s eyebrow twitched in complete confusion. What was the girl tried to tell? Hyosung hurriedly tried to read the next page and she even got more curious as she read it.

 

“He was extremely happy when I told him how much I love him.

But I can’t. Why we have to be in this situation?

Doesn’t he know the truth?”

 

Hyosung was going to skip to the next page when her manager started talking to her and distracted her attention. When she had been dropped to her dorm that night, JiEun welcomed her with that happy face that made her wondering what was going on with her. “Unnie, my friend is here. Come!” JiEun pulled Hyosung strongly to the living room where Sunhwa and Zinger were gathering together.

“You must be Hyosung. I’m Yui.” The girl’s smile was very warm that made Hyosung wondering if she had been seeing Yui somewhere. “Nice to know you.” Hyosung finally replied hesitantly. “Can you come closer?” The girl asked with a polite but calming voice. Hyosung nodded as she approached the girl. “Your hand, please.” Hyosung just obeyed whatever she said as Hyosung gave her hand to the girl.

Yui observed her hand for a moment, the situation was very silent that it slightly made Hyosung a bit afraid. Yui slowly lifted her head to look at Hyosung. “This is unique. Now that you know the reason why the ghost gave you his name. He loves you and he trusts you more than anyone, he is engaged with you in every possible way but he is also very far for you to reach.” Yui started. Hyosung kept shut as she tried to process everything. “Then how I can be free from him?” It was Yui’s laugh that made Hyosung realized she had asked a very stupid question. She became red in embarrassment.

“Don’t feel embarrassed. I can burn him and send him to the place where he belongs to, to the world where all of us would go later. The world of ghosts. But the question is, can you do it to him?” Yui asked as she smiled sweetly and caringly to Hyosung. Hyosung’s mind clouded with everything as she tried to remember if she had any reasons to object it.

“Of course. I hate to be followed by the ghost.” Hyosung stated firmly. Yui nodded in hesitant before she continued, “Then you can call him here, call him by his name and we can start to burn him.” Hyosung nodded in understanding. was already opened to call his name when the hesitant feeling washed her over. She closed in anxiety, she didn’t know if she had really done this to him and she didn’t want to see him in pain. It was going to be really hurt to see him in pain.

“Call him, Hyosung-ah.” The demanding voice of Yui wakened her. She weakly called for his name, “Jung Daehyun.” She was a bit taken back when in a few seconds later, the ghost revealed himself in front of her. There was a hint of sadness in his eyes that made Hyosung felt very guilty. “Hi.” He said almost as weak as Hyosung’s body at the time. It was when he started getting burnt Hyosung screamed loudly for him. The tears were running down on her face, wetted her face. Yui didn’t bother by her screams and continued her spell on the faint ghost in front of her. “I’m sorry, Daehyun. I really am.” Hyosung sobbed as she got hugged by the other girls. They all witnessed as the ghost had gone into pieces right in front of their eyes.

Hyosung excused herself after a long pause of silent between all of them in the room. She dragged herself and her belongings to her room. She was going to sleep when she saw the book she read earlier and with a quick decision, she took the book and read it again. Her tears started falling again as she read the other pages of the book. She kept replaying the word of “Sorry” and sobbed harder than before. She didn’t know how to react or thank him for the beautiful thing he left for her. She knew she had done the worst thing ever after reading the book. Tears drew a river on her face as she hugged the book in her embrace.

“I told him the truth today.

But he didn’t bother to worry over the news as he hugged me tonight.

God, please forgive us because we couldn’t stop ourselves to love each other although we know that loving your biological sister/brother is wrong.”

“His birthday today.

He surprised me instead, so it felt weird.

But hey, I know he loves me more than what I thought before!”

 

Under the last note, there was a handwritten note that written by someone else who was probably not the girl’s handwriting.

 

“Rest In Peace, my beloved sister and lover.

Forgive me because I couldn’t save you from those killers.

Don’t worry, I will be with you in a few days because they are looking for me too now.

Thank you, for the love you gave me.

And thank you, because you took the risk to fight against the destiny.

I believe we can see each other in the next life.

Or when you’re born again, I swear I will be there for you.

I really love you, Jun Hyosung.

Much love, Jung Daehyun.”