Running

The Tales Of The Bunny And The Quail
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His lungs ached and burned as he continued to run. His breathe coming out in short and rapid pants as he gasped to desperately get air back into his lungs. His knees throbbing with every step he takes, feet stinging as they pound against the concrete floor but he pushes through the pain because he had to. He had to keep on running and he does. He is moving completely on autopilot his legs knowing exactly where they have to carry him. He turns the final corner and he skids to a halt and feels his stomach drop.

He was too late.

His legs give up under him, his body feeling way too heavy for them and he falls to his knees.

Jiwon was gone.

He could feel his throat tighten and he chokes on his breathe as the tears start to well up in his eyes. It was hard to keep them from falling and as one tear starts to roll down his cheek, they all just burst forth spilling from his eyes like a waterfall.

If he had just been a little faster maybe Jiwon would have still been there.

If he had just-

“Hanbin?” A voice calls out to him, a voice he thought he would never hear again.

He turns around and feels his breathe get caught in his throat at the sight in front of him.

“Hyung.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter