Chapter 28- Epilogue

Fate

 

Chapter 28

[Author’s POV]

Throughout the man’s speech, the lady had stopped struggling and listened to the voice she had missed so dearly. She heard the little things he loves about her, she heard about the mall incident where she had gotten the totally wrong thinking of what had happened and she heard him begging for her to come back to him and give him strength.

Hyoyeon stopped and contemplated. She just laid in his arms, wanting to the warmth and comfort that she had been robbed off for two weeks. She took the time she never needed in the first place to pretend to think when all she was doing was just soaking in his love and comfort.

The choice has already been made, almost too easily.

There was no other choice for her and she was only waiting for his words to confirm her feelings and stop her doubts. Like Taeyeon had once said, she, Kim Hyoyeon wasn’t weak, she was just fragile. But, that was all going to change, because in Hyukjae’s arms, she can never be fragile for she was safe and strong here.

Five years, it had taken that long for them to finally find each other.

Five years, it had taken that long for them to know their love for each other.

It had been a short yet long five years.

It had passed by in a flash with so many passerbies in between them, but somewhere deep in their heart, they had been yearning and longing for each other and that was what had made the five years so long.

But all of those did not matter right now as they were in each other’s arms.

It was just them.

The five years and the many tests Fate had given them were enough. They didn’t need any more to confirm the love for each other. She couldn’t imagine a future without him nor did he want a future without her.

And so, Kim Hyoyeon in her wrinkly clothes, unmade hair, red eyes, reindeer nose and cracked lips lifted up her head and tiptoed, whispering the words ‘I love you’ before placing a kiss on the lips of  Lee Hyukjae.

Smiling widely at her newest work, Fate looked down at the couple before her. She had on a smile that Mothers would have when they were proud of their children for their deeds. Those time and her tests were the seedlings and this was the fruit the couple had bear.

Little passed the tests that Fate had set and she was very pleased to have another winning couple to add to her list and to brag to Destiny. Giving one last watery smile at the couple who were now just smiling at each other, taking in the looks of each other, she silently said her goodbyes before disappearing off into thin air.

I love you, Kim Hyoyeon.”

“I love you too, Lee Hyukjae.”

 

The End.

 

A/N: And, that's the end. Bye-bye to Fate. ;~; It has been a wonderful and loooooong 2 years and 8 months with you guys. I grew alot with my writing skills and everything. Thank you for not giving up on me and always supporting this fic. Thank you so so much. <3 

For now, I am going to be on a 6 month hiatus BUT when I'm back, Hyohyuk will be back~ :D In another story, of course.

Fate didn't end the way I imagined, but it was perfect, at least to me. <3

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I had writing this. It was a wonderful journey. Thank you.

And, with this, I end my very first fanfic. Bye(: