Chapter 19

Fate

 

Chapter 19

[No One’s POV]

It came as a shock, an earth-shaking one for the both of them. The test, that is.

Hyoyeon hadn’t known firsthand, rather she knew it through the words of her boyfriend, or maybe soon to be ex-boyfriend. It had been a face-to-face confront with him, but regardless of the close distance, Eunhyuk suddenly seemed to be a thousand and million miles away from her.

They had been sitting down at a café, calmly drinking some coffee before he decided to break the news to her. After breaking the news, Eunhyuk gave his girlfriend some space, waiting for her to digest the news, not breaking the silence that had enveloped them after his last word.

Like the unexpected news, he never would have foreseen the reaction of his girlfriend. He would have foreseen her shouting and screaming at him, he would have foreseen her keeping her calm and cool, telling him that they’ll be in this together. But, she did neither of the above like what normal girls will do, like what he had foreseen.

Hyoyeon stood up wordlessly and took her double mocha, a forced smile directed to Hyukjae before whispering the words, “I guess this is where I call for take away since I’ll be going home now. It’s going to rain soon, but after the rain comes the sun. Wait for the sun, Eun- HyukJae.”

Taking in her words, Eunhyuk could only watched the love of his life walked away from him. He knew and heard the double meaning in her words. He knew and that’s why he’s holding back from running after her.

She needed time, and she told him to wait for her.

And so, he was going to.

Ever since he had known the news from the lips of his very own parents, he had felt only anger and disappointment. Anger for them making decisions without his agreement and disappointment for the same reason.

He had thought they would have learned their lesson with the incident with Gyuri, but no, they just had to do the same thing twice. And, this time, it was even worse, because it doesn’t just involved him and his girlfriend, it involved Hyoyeon more than directly. It was just like stabbing her twice in the back.

The moment he was back in his car, everything he had been holding in, broke. He would have hit the seats; smash his phone or just do something to release his anger on. But, no, he wasn’t going to do any of the things he had already done.

The moment he had seen her, the anger had vanished. Eunhyuk hadn’t knew what had replaced the anger, but the very second, Hyoyeon had stood up and told him those words before walking out of his sight, he knew very well what had taken the place of the anger.

The pain and fear of losing the very woman he loves.

With his head over the steering wheel, he clutched hard at the half broken phone, staring at the beautiful wallpaper which had a picture of him and Hyoyeon smiling happily. And, that was it. He couldn’t bear the pain of losing her anymore; the fear had finally caught up to him.

His body trembled and in moments, a tiny drop of water appeared on the screen which had captured Hyoyeon’s beautiful face. Eunhyuk’s vision blurred and soon, all that could be seen was the water which covered the entire cell phone screen. Thoughts of losing Hyoyeon swarmed his head and his exterior amour cracked which had him breaking down like a three year old child who had lost his mother.

Sobs filled the entire car and sadness hung on the every thread of his sobs.  Every noise he made, every sound, showed the world of his fear and pain. But, it also showed how much she meant to him. His mask faded away into nothingness and all that was left, was a mere child who was afraid of losing something that precious to him.

However, amongst the thoughts of losing her, laid a thread of hope. That mere thought being one of solving the problem. As much as his fear showed, he was still wishing and hoping that he could save the whole situation before it’s too late and back out of it, going into his and Hyoyeon’s world of happy-ending.

They say a man will definitely make a woman cry, but if a woman can make a man cry, she must be priceless and very precious to the man.

Which was the case for Eunhyuk, because Hyoyeon meant the world to him.

And yes, he loves her more than he loves himself.

The said girl on the other hand had no tear streaks on her face, and neither was she yelling or screaming her head off.

Her calmness surprised even herself because she too had expected yells to come out or telling him that she can do this with him. But, her mind and heart seemed to have different opinions on the whole matter and within seconds, she was on her feet saying those words to him.

And right now, she was anywhere but home, like what she had told him. Walking on the streets aimlessly, her feet brought her to an abandoned playground where she sat down on the swing, letting the wind blow by and tried to clear her thoughts from her overworked mind.

Being calm, that had been a lie to your own self.

Somewhere, deep down in the lady’s heart, a voice called out to her. As if like electricity, it jolted her mind and heart awake from the deep slumber it had been in since the news. Hyoyeon had numbed herself the moment Eunhyuk had told her the breaking news. She hadn’t wanted to feel the pain, the disappointment and the horror.

But, like the voice had told her, her calm was just a lie. Like a façade, it disappeared as soon as spoken. Everything she had tried so hard to hold in and escape just came flowing up to her, choking her in the sea of emotions.

She felt like she was drowning with so many confusing emotions surrounding her. The sadness, the guilt, the anger, the disappointment, the pain, the uncertainty, and most importantly, the fear.

She was upset about the news.

She felt so guilty that it was because of her existence and connection to the news that he had to be stuck in the middle and be forced to make the same decision.

Her blood was boiling at his parents or used-to-be-soon parents’ in-law for making those dumb decisions which affected both his and her lives.

The disappointment of him seeming so casual when breaking the news.

The pain that they had got together so late and when they finally did, they might be separated again.

The uncertainty of her future with him and them.

And, lastly, the fear of losing him to that news.

And, the fear of losing them.

So many mixed emotions had the tough lady breaking down into the child she was supposed to be. She was called a child because of her child-like behavior but all knew that though she was childish, Hyoyeon had a maturity that no one had.

She was the second Umma of the group and she would often be the one lending a listening ear to her other sisters, always ready to hear their troubles. She would give advices. She was the one to wipe their tears and cheer them up.

Never had she been the one to cry and be comforted.

But, this one time, she wasn’t the mature Kim Umma, neither was she the fierce Hyoraengi, or the childish Kim Yeolsal or Kim Choding.

She was just her, Kim Hyoyeon.

The Hyoyeon who needs protection from this huge news that took all her walls down.

Tears pelted down her face, like it did from the sky. She didn’t even bother finding shelter within the small playground because she felt so numb that she couldn’t even move her body or her heart. Out of a sudden, she felt so weary.

Everything just came crashing down. The fear of losing Eunhyuk overwhelmed her and her breath hasten, causing her to almost stop breathing. It was just then that she did realized how different Eunhyuk was from her past boyfriends, and how important exactly was he to her.

Through the rain, though pouring as heavily, if one looked closely, hiding behind those dark clouds, was the Sun and a part of it was peeking through. Besides the Sun hiding, a silver lining too was in those dark clouds, wanting to light the way for those lost in the dark rain.

“Lee Hyuk Jae, Saranghae.”

“Kim Hyoyeon, Saranghae.”

At that very moment, the two as if they heard each other’s heart calling out for the other half, a tiny smile tugged at their lips for the very first time since Eunhyuk broke the news.

Everything is going to be just fine.

Or maybe not…

 

A/N: Back with another chapter~ ^^ 

Anyone can guess what the 'test' is? ;)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3