Who are you?

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

Another chapter~

Enjoy and thanks for suscribing ^^

 

—Onew’s POV—

“Hyung, Key umma… I’m pregnant,” Taemin said, breaking down into tears.

“Shh, it’s ok. Key umma is here for you. I won’t abandon you in this kind of time. Trust Key umma that I’ll help you through this, ok? I won’t let you face this alone. I won’t let you down like last time, either. But do you want to tell Minho?” Key asked.

“I don’t know! That bastard me without knowing the consequences, and yet he has the right to know that he might suddenly have a child? The world isn’t fair, umma. It really isn’t,” Taemin continued to cry.

“You have to understand that people born like you, they’re very rare. The chance of a person being born with both organs is extremely low, so Minho probably didn’t expect anything like this. You don’t have to tell him now. You can tell him when you feel ready, arasso? Come on; let me call Dr. Jang here. Onew hyung has the right to hear the risks and whatnot of you being pregnant,” Key persuaded. I heard Taemin sniffle and he probably nodded.

“Yeoboseyo? Dr. Jang, it’s Key. I need you to come over to Onew hyung’s room as soon as possible. You can come now? Kamsa hamnida!” Key thanked, ending the call. Then I think he dialed another number cause he was on the phone again.

“Mrs. Lee, annyeong! Are you free now? Can you come over to Onew hyung’s room? Kamsa~! I’ll see you then!” Key exclaimed enthusiastically and ended the call.

“Key umma, what should I do? How can I explain this to SM hyung and our manager hyungs? How can I tell our close friends and sunbaes? What if they think that I’m a freak and refuse to accept me? What if they’re disgusted by me? If… if they think that it’s not safe to be with anyone who is associated with me?” Taemin asked, obviously very afraid.

Why in the name of hell would they find you disgusting? No matter what, Taemin, you still are the same person that you’ve always been. This is just another side of you that very few people have ever seen. It’s not a crime to be born like this. Heck, it’s quite fascinating that you’re born this way. Don’t ever doubt your abilities, arasso? Key and I will be here for you, we promise.

“They won’t, Taeminnie. If they do, Heechul umma will return to the dorm after his army work and castrate every last one of those people. But the thing is... you’re the same Taemin that we all know and love. You still play and have fun with us, regardless of whether or not you have both reproductive organs. It doesn’t change your personality. You’re still our Taemin, and you’ll always be. You don’t even have a single clue how much I wish I were you. Then I would be able to provide a child for Jjong someday. Just get this drilled into your head, mister: We all love you the way you are,” Key told Taemin, and I think he was knocking the latter’s head lightly.

Key’s right. We’ll still love you.

So don’t give up on life just because of this little obstacle.

It’s not worth it.

A while later, the door opened.

Mrs. Lee and Dr. Jang probably came in together.

“What is it?” Mrs. Lee asked immediately. “Are those what I think they are?”

“Yes, I think it is so. Pregnancy kits, seven of them, and all positive,” Dr. Jang said, hardly surprised. He probably found out about Taemin’s condition while treating his leg or something.

“Taemin, you’re pregnant?! I told you, time and again, to always have safe ! Not unless you planned to get pregnant!” Mrs. Lee shouted, and I heard a slapping sound.

Oh my god, woman, please get your facts right! Can’t you see your son’s tearstained cheeks?

“Calm down, Mrs. Lee. Taemin, I see that you’ve been crying. So I guess you didn’t really want this, right?” Dr. Jang asked calmly. It was probably only then that Mrs. Lee noticed that Taemin had been crying. Oh for crying out loud…

“Omo! Umma is sorry for slapping you, Taemin. I didn’t notice that you were crying. I’m so sorry,” Mrs. Lee apologised. I could hear Taemin crying, all over again.

“Key, can you please explain what happened? I think we shouldn’t put any more stress on Taemin right now,” Dr. Jang said.

 “A few days ago, on Valentine’s Day, right in this room, Minho Taemin,” Key said; a short and yet perfectly detailed explanation.

“That guy is going to die,” Mrs. Lee swore.

“Chill, Mrs. Lee. We’re all thinking that right now, but Taemin wants to keep the child. He just doesn’t want to let Minho know right now. So killing Minho won’t help Taemin in any way. It’ll just make him more stressed and afraid. I’m sure you know that stress isn’t good for pregnant people, especially males. Pregnant guys usually have a much higher miscarriage rate, due to the different hormones. So let Taemin relax first while we sort something out,” Key told them.

“Fine. So what should we do now?” Mrs. Lee asked, probably just as confused and afraid as Taemin was. That’s probably why she jumped to conclusions and slapped her own son.

“I was thinking of explaining pregnancy and what will happen. But I think its best that you consult Dr. Kim since she’s in gynecology. I just specialize in injuries such as yours and Onew’s. I only know the basics about gynecology,” Dr. Jang explained.

“Arasso. Just tell me what you know, Dr. Jang,” Taemin requested, his voice coming out as a croak.

“As you should already know, you’ll experience morning sickness. I guess you already did just now?” Dr. Jang deduced smartly.

“Ne,” Taemin replied. I could hear the hidden sigh in his voice.

“You’ll feel more tired than usual and eat more than you usually do. This is because you’re eating for two people now, not just one. And also, after your first trimester, you might begin to crave some really strange foods. But then again, you might not. It differs for the individual. You can probably opt for natural childbirth, but it’ll be a lot more dangerous for you as compared to normal women. I think that your doctor will most likely cut your bigger in order for the baby to fit through since you don’t have a and your won’t become bigger when you’re in labour, contrary to the standard childbirth. There are drugs to reduce pain, but it might not be very healthy for you. After giving birth, your will be stitched back to the way it was, so there isn’t really that much of a problem. It’s just that it might not be safe for you since everything has some risks to it. But if you want to, you can still opt for it,” Dr. Jang explained.

I see. But the risk is in carrying a child, not in giving birth. Having known Taemin for the past twelve months, I think he’ll opt for natural childbirth. He has the child’s welfare at heart.

“And post-natal care? Will I like, have milk or something?” Taemin asked curiously.

“I highly doubt so. But you can always use milk powder. It definitely isn’t as healthy as milk but you don’t have a choice. It’s that, or you can find someone who’s willing to feed your baby for you. But that way, it might be less attached to you since it’ll see the person feeding it more often. So for family welfare, I suggest using milk powder. It’s almost the same, only with slightly less nutrition,” Dr. Jang suggested.

“So basically I should relax and sleep more, eat more and all that?” Taemin asked.

“Yup. And try not to over-exert yourself. You can still practice dancing, but try to limit it to a few short sessions. Once you’re past your second trimester, I suggest stopping intensive workouts and anything that requires you to bend down. That means no dancing, just for a short three months until you give birth. I’ll direct you to Dr. Kim later. Let me just call her,” Dr. Jang said.

“Can you call her here?” Key asked.

“Alright.”

“Juhyeon-ah, I have a patient for you to see. His name is Lee Taemin. Yes, he’s a guy and I’m perfectly fine. He’s pregnant. Come over to room 718 and we’ll explain everything to you. You’re coming now? Ok, thanks!” Dr. Jang exclaimed.

“Will I be ok?” Taemin asked.

“You will, Taemin. You’re a strong kid. If you got shot by a gun, injured that same spot time and again, and still manage to dance, you’ll definitely get through this. Just take Dr. Kim Juhyeon’s advice. She’s been in the industry for at least ten years now. She has tons of experience with her. I’m sure she’s taken male patients a few times too. Just relax and listen to her,” Dr. Jang soothed.

I swear, if I wake up and forget everything, I think I’ll go mad.

After a few minutes, I heard the clacking of flats on the floor.

“Annyeong haseyo, Dr. Kim Juhyeon imnida. May I ask who Lee Taemin is?” Dr. Kim asked.

“Me,” Taemin said.

“Dr. Jang, you’re free to leave now. Thanks,” Dr. Kim said.

“I’ll check on Onew tomorrow then. Hwaiting, Taemin-ah! I’ll see you around,” Dr. Jang exclaimed and left the room.

“So Taemin, how did you even begin to suspect that you are pregnant?” Dr. Kim asked.

“I was by one of my hyungs on Valentine’s Day. My period was supposed to come three days ago, but it never did. I have never been late, not ever since I started to have my period when I was thirteen. When I vomited this morning, I got my Key hyung over here to help me buy a few pregnancy test kits. After I used them, all seven were positive,” Taemin explained.

“But you’re a guy. How did you have menstruation?” Dr. Kim asked. I could tell that she was testing Taemin’s knowledge of his own body.

“I’m his mother. You see…” Mrs. Lee started, but was shushed by Dr. Kim.

“I don’t want any interference from anyone. If you don’t mind, Mrs. Lee, can you please go out? And Key, too. I’d appreciate some privacy. Taemin will feel more at ease to tell me everything as well. And please don’t eavesdrop at the door,” Dr. Kim added.

“Ne,” Key and Mrs. Lee said and left the room.

“Back to what I was asking,” Dr. Kim said, waiting for Taemin to answer.

“I was born with both male and female reproductive organs. My male reproductive organs are more dominant than the female, that’s why I have a but no s. My umma was given two choices: to keep me with both organs, or send me for surgery to remove one gender’s reproductive organs. She chose to keep me like this, but I have no complaints. The hyung that me was unaware of this, so he didn’t take precautions. So doctor, what should I do?” Taemin asked.

“Any other doctor would say that it’s too risky, but a gynecologist will argue that every baby has a right to live, regardless of what gender its mother is. So I’ll ask you this: Will you take good care of your child?” Dr. Kim asked.

“Of course! I had planned to have a child sometime in the future, with Onew hyung here. I just didn’t expect to be and end up with my enemy’s child. But no matter what, I’ll keep this child cause it’s also mine, not just his. I plan to tell the father next time, when we settle everything within the group,” Taemin told Dr. Kim.

“Then I’ll explain everything to you, beginning from what will happen to you all the way to childbirth, ok?” Dr. Kim asked.

“Dr. Jang already explained all the morning sickness stuff. And cravings, too. Now, I just need to know how I’ll do natural childbirth,” Taemin stated.

“Firstly, do you take me as your gynecologist?” Dr. Kim asked.

“Ne!”

“Alright, then I’ll tell you how it’s done. Personally, I’ve had two similar patients. One opted for natural, the other chose to have caesarean. But I think that natural would be a lot better. Painful, but it’s really not that risky. The only thing that I have to do is to cut your bigger to allow the baby to fit through, and then all that’s left is for you to push. Even if you have more than one child, it’s still fine to do natural childbirth. It’ll just take more time and energy, so your stamina has to be good. Being a guy, I’m sure you’ve done abdominal training before, right? Especially since you’re a main dancer, you should have more muscles than the typical woman,” Dr. Kim explained.

“Of course, Dr. Kim. If I don’t, I’ll be a disgrace to men. So basically, I’ll have morning sickness for the entire term of my pregnancy?” Taemin asked.

“Of course not! It should end sometime after your first trimester,” Dr. Kim told him.

“Then do I have to take any type of supplements or whatnot?” Taemin asked.

“I’ll prescribe some vitamins for you. When you’re about four to five months along, we’ll be able to determine the gender of your child. From my previous patients, I think that males will usually carry more than one child. Either way, childbirth will not be a very enjoyable process. However, when you look at your child in the future, it’ll be all worth it. This is based on my personal experience, as well as my patients’. Well then, I expect you to relax and not do any strenuous exercise,” Dr. Kim instructed, and I heard Taemin groan in annoyance.

“At least some dancing can be allowed right? Please?” Taemin pleaded. Dr. Kim sighed.

Taemin really couldn’t live without dancing, huh?

“Some light dancing would be fine, but please don’t do any break dance or dance more than an hour daily. And don’t ever dance for more than thirty minutes straight. That’s equivalent to killing your child. I’ll provide some medicine for your morning sickness and I suggest that you buy some dried sour plums in case you ever feel nauseous in the middle of the day. And you must get at least ten hours of sleep, so don’t stay up. If you have to, just sleep in the day. You should stop whatever you’re doing if you feel nauseous and just rest, understood? I’ll be seeing you every two weeks to check up on your condition. Is it alright for you to follow me to get your medicines, or should I get your umma to pass them to you?” Dr. Kim asked.

“Just pass them to my umma. She’ll take good care of me, so don’t worry. I’ll have the best care from all my hyungs and family members,” Taemin assured.

“Then that’s all for now. I’ll see you in two weeks then. Your umma will tell you when exactly your appointment will be. Take care, Taemin. I’ll be going now,” Dr. Kim bid her goodbye. “And Onew, get well soon. Taemin needs your support,” Dr. Kim said gently and walked out.

Even she could tell that we were a really closely-knit couple. I think we were, but all the things that I know were from what other people said, not my own memories. Why is life so annoying?

“Hyung, wake up and meet my to-be child. I know you’ll be a better father than Minho hyung will ever be,” Taemin told me, his voice full of confidence and sureness.

But how did he know that I would be? How can I be a good father when I can’t even be a good boyfriend and wake up?

“I’ll go out and tell Key umma and my real umma that I’m fine. Then he can leave and have his date with Jonghyun hyung. I’ll be right back,” Taemin said and pecked me on the forehead before leaving the room hastily.

What did I ever do to deserve such a sweet and caring boy?

 

(On Gikwang’s birthday)

“Hyung, I brought KiWoon over again. They haven’t visited you since Seob hyung’s birthday, so they wanted to check on your current condition. Come over here, hyungs. I’ll just be in the toilet for a sec,” Taemin said apologetically. As usual, I heard him puking his guts out. His morning sickness would always be around the same time, so he made sure that he made it to the hospital before that. I’m sure they have a bed for him in here that isn’t the sofa, right?

But he does sleep beside me sometimes. At least that’s better for his health. And it feels nice to have him hug me as a bolster.

“What’s wrong with Taemin? Is he sick or something?” Gikwang asked worriedly.

Then just ask him when he comes out. I’m sure he won’t be afraid to tell the truth… right?

Not unless he’s really that afraid of his friends abandoning him, especially in a time like this. But I’m sure all our friends were really nice to both of us. They won’t be so mean and insensitive.

After some time, Taemin came out of the toilet.

“Yah, Taemin, you look really horrible now. Do you want to rest or something?” Dongwoon asked worriedly. Gikwang made a sound of agreement.

“Nah, its cause I just puked, that’s all,” Taemin told them, not sure of how to explain.

“You puked?! Do you need me to call a doctor?” Gikwang asked, sounding slightly panicked.

“No! There’s really no need!” Taemin exclaimed.

“Then why were you vomiting?” Dongwoon asked curiously.

“Well… promise you won’t tell?” Taemin asked, scared of their reactions and what they’ll do.

“Sure. Just tell us. No matter what, we’ll keep your secret,” Gikwang assured.

“Then… I’ll give it to you straight; I’m pregnant,” Taemin said quickly.

“WHAT?!” Dongwoon shrieked, probably not the smartest thing to do as of now.

“You find me disgusting, don’t you?” Taemin asked sadly, choking on his tears.

“No, Taemin. We aren’t disgusted at all! We’re just surprised at this. I’m guessing you have female reproductive organs, don’t you? But who’s the father? It definitely isn’t Onew hyung, but I don’t think you’ll have unprotected with anyone else besides him. So why…?” Gikwang asked. Maybe he already deduced something. “It’s Minho, isn’t it?”

Smart.

“How’d you know?” Taemin asked, obviously shocked.

“Who else would you have had unprotected with? My guess is that you were forced into it. He you, didn’t he? I can tell just by your voice,” Gikwang said, sighing.

“When did you find out that you were pregnant?” Dongwoon asked.

“About two weeks ago, when I missed my period for three days and I started to vomit. Then I tried like, seven different pregnancy kits and all came out as positive,” Taemin explained.

“Whoa! Guys can have period?” Dongwoon asked in amazement.

“Yeah, like duh. When you have both organs, anyway,” Taemin said dryly.

“Should we tell the SuJu hyungs and the rest of B2ST to save you the trouble of repeating all this?” Gikwang offered in concern.

“Ne. That’ll really help. But please remind them not to mention this to Minho hyung. I’ll only tell him when I’m ready to face him alone again. Oh, and tell this to other idols like f(x), G.Na noona, 4Minute, and IU noona. Those are the only few who know about us, right? It’s up to you whether you think you should tell DBSK hyungs, since they treated us a little badly. And JYJ hyungs will definitely tell them… On second thought, just leave them out and tell the others,” Taemin instructed clearly, not leaving out any details.

“Sure, no problem. Then have a good rest. We’ll leave first,” Dongwoon told Taemin and they said their goodbye to both of us.

“By the time anyone else comes to visit you, they’ll know all about my pregnancy. This… is going to be really awkward…” Taemin sighed. “Gah!”

I’m quite sure you aren’t supposed to stress yourself out over trivial matters like this…

“Hyung, I’m tired. Let me sleep on you first,” Taemin yawned.

Sure, why not?

I felt the weight of Taemin’s body on mine and he just started snoring.

This is what pregnancy does to people, huh?

Hwaiting Taemin! Only a few months to go!

 

(On Jonghyun’s birthday)

“Lee Jinki, WAKE UP! You already missed Key’s birthday last year, so don’t miss mine, please? We brought some chicken over, just in case you woke up. If you do, we’ll get more, I promise! Just wake up as soon as possible cause Taemin needs you,” Jonghyun told me.

It wasn’t like I had a choice. If I could, I would’ve woken up long ago.

“Key already explained everything to us. He’s with Taemin for his second check-up. He’s pretty healthy, but unusually tired. That’s what Dr. Kim told us, anyway. Maybe it’s cause he’s a guy, but we can’t be sure until later in his pregnancy. We’ll just have to wait and see. Until then, please wake up for Taemin and the rest of us, arasso?” Jonghyun pleaded.

Technically, I can’t do anything. Can’t you people give me a break? I already tried my best to wake up but my body isn’t listening~!

“They’re back. That was fast…” Jonghyun murmured in surprise.

“Basically, I got to eat these too? Come on, Key umma. I already have my morning sickness meds and now I have prenatal vitamins? Why do I have to eat so many things?” Taemin whined.

“Cause Dr. Kim said so. Just eat them now ok? Wait… you haven’t had your morning sickness today?” Key asked questioningly.

“I did! Early in the morning before anyone else was awake…” Taemin sighed.

I’m sure he’s tired of puking nothingness from his stomach. And not to mention waking up to the feeling of nausea. That must .

“I didn’t even notice. Oh well. Did you guys have breakfast yet? I prepared some chicken ham sandwiches since fried food isn’t healthy,” Key said and he probably took something out, from the rustling sounds of a plastic bag.

“Thanks Key umma!” Taemin exclaimed and began eating.

Did he starve for a day or something?

“Taemin, don’t choke yourself,” Key cautioned worriedly.

“I’m just so hungry. You can’t blame me, I’m eating for two,” Taemin reasoned. At that, Key seemed to shut up and just keep quiet.

“Key? You can’t blame yourself for what happened. Even Taemin’s accepted it, so why don’t you?” Jonghyun asked. Key sighed.

“I just feel responsible for what’s happened to SHINee in the past year. If Heechul hyung and I weren’t so busy celebrating, Onew hyung wouldn’t have gotten into an accident and Taemin wouldn’t have been . It’s all my fault…” Key said and broke down into tears.

I don’t blame you for what happened and neither does Taemin! So just take it easy on yourself, ok? You’re more stressed than most 91-liners I’m supposed to know.

“You know it isn’t. Taemin doesn’t blame you either, so why do you?” Jonghyun asked Key.

“Yeah, Key umma. You know that if all this didn’t happen, I wouldn’t be having a child. Yes, it may be Minho’s, but the point is that I’m having a child, no matter whose it is! Why on earth are you so sad about a happy thing like this?” Taemin asked, trying his best to sound annoyed.

“Fine, I’ll stop being a baby…” Key said, giving in.

That’s nice, Key. I’m sure Taemin and Jonghyun appreciate it.

“Well now I’m in no mood to go and celebrate my birthday. Can we just get Yoogeun here? I’m sure he misses his Onew appa,” Jonghyun suggested.

I miss Yoogeun too!

“Sure! We can just call Mrs. Jung to bring him over! Maybe she wants to visit hyung too,” Taemin exclaimed, suddenly quite hyper.

“No problem. I’ll call her now,” Key offered and dialled her number.

“Yeoboseyo? Mrs. Jung, this is Kibum. Would you mind bringing Yoogeun over to celebrate Jjong’s birthday with us? You don’t? Arasso! Kamsa hamnida!” Key thanked enthusiastically.

“Has anyone told the SuJu hyungs about your pregnancy, Taemin?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yeah. A month ago when KiWoon visited hyung, I had morning sickness and they thought I was sick, so I had to tell them the truth. I also told them to tell everyone who was involved in the haunted house last year. Well, except JYJ and DBSK since DBSK hyungs have been pretty mean to us… last year, anyway,” Taemin explained.

“Then have they visited you?” Key asked curiously.

I think Leeteuk hyung came with Heechul hyung a week ago or so. That’s just what I think, of course. Well technically I just don’t know when they came.

“Teuk hyung and Heechul umma came around a week ago or so. Why?” Taemin questioned in confusion. I was right? That was… unexpected.

“I don’t know, I just didn’t remember to ask,” Key told him nonchalantly.

“Why? You think that the rest of them didn’t visit me on purpose?” Taemin challenged.

Uh-oh…

“Guys, let’s not start anything…” Jonghyun warned.

I guess he was thinking of the same thing as me.

“No, Jjong. You stay out of this. I only wanted to ask, but he had to say something like that? I’m human too, I have feelings. All I’ve been doing this past while was take care of SHINee, especially him, but no, he has to come and snob me for nothing. Then I might as well have been biased towards Minho!” Key yelled.

That should have done it. Oh crap…

“Yeah? Then GO! LEAVE ME ALONE! GO AND TAKE CARE OF THAT BASTARD WHO KNOCKED ME UP!” Taemin shrieked at Key. I could hear soft sobbing from Taemin and both of their heavy breathing.

“Fine, I will. Just don’t come running back to me when something bad happens,” Key spat and left the room without Jonghyun.

“Key. Yah!” Jonghyun called, but he didn’t chase after Key for some reason.

Taemin was groaning in pain.

“Hyung, my stomach hurts…” Taemin whispered, still sobbing lightly.

“Oh my god, how could Key do this? Come on Taemin, I’ll bring you to Dr. Kim. Just stand in front of me,” Jonghyun instructed gently and then he probably princess-carried Taemin to Dr. Kim’s office.

What the hell was wrong with Key? He knew very well that Taemin wasn’t to get agitated. What if he suffers a miscarriage? Oh hell no. Please be ok, Taemin.

 

(A day later)

“Onew hyung, Taemin can’t visit you today. He’s at your umma’s since he refuses to see Key and he needs bed rest. He just doesn’t want Key to find him. He’ll be back by next week, but I just had to convey his message to you,” Jonghyun told me, obviously tired.

I take it that he’s fine then. He probably has to rest so that he isn’t stressed.

“He nearly had a miscarriage. I love Key and all, but I can’t forgive him for this. He knows that this could happen, so why couldn’t he control his temper a little more? Even Taemin’s pissed at his Key umma. This has never happened before. I’m sure Key doesn’t know yet. I only said that Taemin refused to go home, that’s all. Taemin may be pregnant and, just like all pregnancies, it’s harder to get a miscarriage after two months. But he’s a guy, so he can easily get a miscarriage before his first trimester ends. What the hell was Key thinking?!” Jonghyun asked angrily.

I agree. What WAS he thinking? That it was safe to piss Taemin off? Nah, it isn’t and it will never be. I seem to remember once, when he was pissed off…

Our anniversary last year!

 

[Flashback]

“Tae, calm down,” I soothed the seething boy, patting his hair lovingly.

“How can I? Sure, he claims that he loves me, or whatever, but he ruins my anniversary celebration! He thinks he loves me, but then again, he’s still a selfish, self-centred BASTARD!” Taemin spat out, eyeing the taller male in contempt.

“T-Taemin…” Minho stuttered, at a loss for words. He wasn’t prepared for an outburst like this. *I never knew that this was his impression of me…* Minho thought, regretting his actions a little but since he already did it, he’ll finish what he started.

“Lee Taemin! What did your umma say about calling your elders names?” Key asked. Taemin scoffed at the feeble attempt to calm him down, rolling his eyes, irritated.

“Oh please, Key. I don’t give a freaking about what I say right now. The main point is that I’m ing pissed off that my perfect date was ruined! Hyung managed to get such a great place for a picnic, then when we started talking and laughing, SOMEBODY,” Taemin stressed, glaring at Minho, “ruined our moment by butting in. How inconsiderate can people be, huh?”

“Taemin, I know you’re peeved and all, but just chill, please,” Jonghyun pleaded with the maknae, receiving a glare for his attempt.

“JongKey, how would you feel if your anniversary date was ruined by another member who CLAIMS to love one of you? Especially if you were quite close to that member, how would you guys feel?” Taemin asked JongKey sceptically, stumping them with a simple question like this.

“We… I… erm…” Jonghyun tried to answer, but was stunned by the question.

“Let me make this simpler. Let’s say Onew hyung wanted OnKey to be real, and then he went to ruin your date. And Key, if you knew that it was going to happen and Jonghyun had a premonition. Even though you might ask me and Minho to follow Onew hyung, if we failed and your 2nd or 3rd year anniversary was ruined, spoilt, by a member whom you trust so much, how would you feel?!” Taemin asked again, outraged by his hyungs’ behaviours. The others seemed to notice that Taemin only called me ‘hyung’, but not the rest of them.

“We would be angry, I guess?” Jonghyun replied, but it sounded more like a question.

“Right. You’re telling me that you GUESS you would be angry. Wow. We’ll make sure to ruin your date next time then. But seriously, if you knew that someone close to you was going to steal your beloved from you, and you could do nothing, how would you seriously feel?” Taemin asked, trying to calm down. My constant patting of Taemin’s back seemed to allow the younger to relax a little, but he was still quite tense from the situation.

For the first time, the other members were intimidated, and it was by Lee Taemin, the maknae of SHINee. They felt disturbed and fidgety, but no one spoke a word.

“YAH! SOMEONE ANSWER ME!” Taemin screamed, and whatever anger that had subsided came back again.

[End of flashback]

 

“I can’t believe Key. He’s so stuck up sometimes, especially when he quarrels. He’s always right, isn’t he? Sheesh…” Jonghyun sighed.

Hah! Key, even your lover can’t stand you! Serves you right!

“I got to leave now. Taemin’s alone and I have a responsibility as the second eldest member. See you again soon hyung. Just rest well. I’ll take care of Taemin,” Jonghyun assured me and he went to find Taemin. Bye.

 

-------------------------------------

 

Another few days passed before Taemin was well-rested enough to visit me again. He sounded really tired when he did, though. Maybe he was really stressed out. He didn’t plan to forgive Key yet, that’s what he said.

Now, he would usually stay at my umma’s or at the hospital.

He really is pissed at Key, huh? Even when Jonghyun told him that Key was coming over, he just left and hid for however long the diva was here.

Key screwed up big time.

The next time anyone visited me was JunSeung, asking about me and Taemin. They came over last year, when it was their respective birthdays. They seemperfectly ok with the fact that Taemin’s pregnant and they made sure he wasn’t stressed or anything.

Currently, Taemin was about four months along. It was already June.

KiWoon had visited a while ago, talking about Taemin’s pregnancy. Apparently his stomach was starting to show, just a little.

A few days later would be YeWook coming over, for Ryeowook’s birthday.

Let’s just hope that nothing bad happens till then cause Taemin had been avoiding Key for two months already.

 

--------------------------------------

 

(On Ryeowook’s birthday)

“Hey Taemin, Onew. It’s Wookie’s birthday again. When will you wake up to celebrate any birthdays with us? Taemin’s belly is already showing. You’d better get up before he gives birth!” Yesung threatened me playfully.

I’ve grown to like JunSeung and YeWook more than other couples, I don’t know why. Maybe it’s cause JunSeung both have an umma image, and Ryeowook does too. YeWook seem to be nicer to Taemin as compared to KyuMin and EunHae, too.

“Hey Taemin, how’s life?” Ryeowook asked in concern.

“Same old. My morning sickness went away about two weeks ago, but now I’m craving some stuff like ramen, kimchi, even chawamushi! I think it’ll only get weirder…” Taemin said, his thoughts going to what may happen in the future.

“I’m sure nothing’s happened lately right? The most recent I heard was that you fought with Key, but even that was more than two months ago! Are you still on bad terms with him?” Yesung asked.

“Yeah. He knows that I’m still pissed, so he just asks Jonghyun hyung to be like a messenger. I feel sorry for hyung though. He’s caught in between because of us, Onew hyung’s still in a coma, and Minho hyung has been asking about my stomach… Should I really tell him?” Taemin asked them, reluctant to reveal the truth to Minho.

Yes! It’s still his child!

“Yes you should! The child is still his, no matter how you deny it. Just tell him when he asks again, arasso? He has the right to know,” Ryeowook replied.

“Alright, fine… I’ll tell him then. Are you guys going anywhere for a date? Planned anything yet?” Taemin asked. Yesung sighed.

“I have no idea where to go… Any ideas, Taemin?” Yesung asked.

“Yup! Go to this place called Timeless! It’s somewhere in the south of Seoul. It’s run by a group of teenage girls. Their names are Hope, Faith, Destiny, Miracle, and Peace. They’re really nice, and they love K-pop, every single artist that they know of! It’s a really awesome place, really. Or maybe you can go to Yeowido Water Park!” Taemin suggested the places that we’ve been to.

“Arasso Taemin. Thanks! We’ll see you soon then!” Ryeowook exclaimed.

“Bye hyungs! Have fun!” Taemin exclaimed enthusiastically.

After they left, Taemin just talked to me about his pregnancy and everything that’s happened.

At night, he decided to go to my umma’s again.

“Bye hyung. Love ya! Wake up soon,” Taemin said. He sounded like he was going to cry, but he was strong for me and his child. He had already accepted the fact that I might not wake up till a few years later, so he just pecked my forehead as usual and left the hospital.

 

(Taemin’s birthday)

“HYUNG~!” Taemin screamed into my ear.

OUCH! Dammit Taemin, I may be in a coma but I’m not deaf…

“It’s my birthday again! Will you wake up?” Taemin asked me cutely, putting Eve on my stomach.

As all dogs do, she started to my face.

“Even Eve misses you, so can’t you open your eyes?” Taemin asked.

I would if I could…

“I already told Minho hyung that he’s going to have a child. He was kind of disgusted at first, but after explaining everything, he was really excited. He’s been sticking to me ever since, always getting me whatever I want. But he’s always pissed off whenever I want to come and visit you. And not to forget, I haven’t moved back yet. When you wake up, then I’ll move back,” Taemin said firmly.

Well that’s kind of stressful…

“Oh. Oh! It’s kicking me!” Taemin exclaimed. I could literally hear the joy in his voice. Taemin will make a good umma for sure.

“You want to feel it, hyung?” Taemin asked me.

Yeah…?

Taemin took my hand and put it on his growing belly.

At first, I felt nothing, but after a while, something moved against my palm.

If I could, I would have gasped in amazement. This was really awesome!

Taemin’s child already had legs and arms, didn’t it?

Aww…

“I wonder if you’ll wake up in time to see my child be born…” Taemin thought aloud.

Yes, I’ll make sure I will!

“Eve misses you too, you know? When I bring her to your house to sleep with me, she’ll sleep near something of yours. Your umma cries when she thinks no one knows, and your appa tries not to come near your room to avoid thinking about you. Even Yoogeun asks me why you’re still sleeping after such a long time,” Taemin complained.

I’m trying my best to wake up already, Taemin.

Wait… I can feel my muscles again!

“Hyung? Hyung, can you hear me?”

Yes, I can.

I moved my fingers and Taemin held his breath.

I tried to roll my eyes around. Taemin gasped.

“Hyung! Please wake up!” Taemin begged.

I opened my eyes and saw a boy standing on top of me. Maybe it was a girl, I don’t know. He’s just too pretty to be a guy.

The boy was crying. Why would such a pretty boy cry?

“Hyung, you finally woke up…!” he sniffled, smiling happily and hugging me tightly but still being gentle somehow.

I squinted at him, confused.

Did I know this boy?

“Who… who are you?”

 

 

 

 

So... after all that, Onew still forgot everything :/

Yeah, I knw I'm evil ^^

But he'll remember! Well like duh...?

Anws, comments are loved and if you haven't suscribed, press the button below the title that says 'Suscribe' :D

Kamsa hamnida~ pls look forward to the next chapter XD