Peace

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(A few days later)

 

—Taemin’s POV—

In dreamland…

“Umma!”

I turned around to be met by the sight of my three little kids, barely two years old. I squatted down and held my arms open, catching the three of them in my embrace.

Beside me, Onew hyung was carrying one of the kids up and playing with him. I smiled and stood up, holding the other two kids’ hands. Suddenly, a silhouette appeared in the distance, and it was approaching us rather quickly.

There was a blinding flash of light and I was alone.

I walked around the big field, calling out for my kids and Onew hyung. Nobody replied.

“Lee Taemin, do you not understand? All your loved ones have left you,” a mocking voice sounded.

“No. Onew hyung would never leave me,” I denied the unknown person’s claim vehemently.

I heard a loud and long sigh.

“Look around you – you’re alone.”

I looked around and gasped. The trees, grass and flowers were all gone. There was nothing around me but an empty white space. No matter where I turned, there was only silence that greeted me.

“No. No. NO!”

I jolted awake and panted, looking around my surroundings. I heaved a sigh of relief when I realised that I was still in my shared room with hyung, and that hyung was still beside me. Then I glanced at the wall clock.

5.43am.

What am I doing awake at this time of the day? Stupid nightmares. Stupid Minho. My nightmares had originally stopped, but he had to appear and start attacking our car. Since that day, I’ve been having nightmares again.

Jonghyun hyung’s car was kind of wrecked. The back was, anyway. There were multiple dents and the car had been sent for repair two days ago. We’ve been travelling by cab cause Key umma simply refuses to take the subway or a bus.

I see no point in going back to sleep since I have to wake up in another hour and a half, so I shall go and wash up. Maybe I should prepare breakfast today. Yes, that’s a good idea.

I slowly slipped out of bed, trying my best not to shake the bed too much. Then I went into the toilet, turning on the tap and splashing water onto my face. I looked in the mirror and let out an ear-piercing shriek.

Behind me was a mask that we used to scare Changmin hyung the other time. It was the one of a zombie. I don’t even know why this is here, dammit! Which idiot placed this here to scare people? I feel like slapping whoever did this.

I heard knocking on the toilet door.

“Who’s in there? Are you alright?” umma asked frantically.

“Umma, it’s me, Taemin. I’m fine,” I replied and opened the door to prove it to her. She sighed in relief when she saw that I was fine.

“Why did you suddenly scream? And what are you doing awake at this time?” she questioned.

I pointed at the mask and umma jumped, placing her hand over her chest to slow her heart down.

“I saw this and I completely freaked out,” I explained. Umma nodded in understanding.

“I’ll wash up and prepare breakfast. Do you want to help?” she asked. I nodded and grinned.

“Ne!”

Umma chuckled and ruffled my hair, causing me to pout. My hair is already messy enough as it is. I haven’t combed it yet, so it’s completely screwed up.

“I’ll see you downstairs in ten minutes,” umma told me and left the toilet.

I took the mask and placed it on the toilet bowl cover, face down. I hope nobody is stupid enough to turn this over. I continued to brush my teeth and do whatever I need to before I went to find umma in the kitchen.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

“Hyung.”

Hyung groaned and turned to his side. I sighed. I guess there’s only one thing to do.

“YAH!” I shouted into hyung’s ear and slapped him. Hyung jumped and his eyes shot open. He turned to look at me and smiled menacingly.

“Come here you,” hyung said, pulling me onto the bed and attacking my sides. I started wriggling around due to his tickling, laughing nonstop.

“H-hyung…” I managed to choke out while laughing. “Stop!”

Hyung gave in, deciding that he had teased me more than enough.

“Go wash up and come down for breakfast,” I told him, getting up and heading to the room beside ours. I pushed the door open slowly, sticking my head through the hole. Immediately, I backed off and slammed the door, running downstairs while blushing.

Guess what I saw?

Jonghyun hyung and Key umma were , obviously having had last night. The thing is that they didn’t exactly cover their bare bodies with a blanket. My somewhat-innocent eyes are burning!

I plopped down on the chair at the dining table where appa and umma were.

“Taemin, didn’t you wake Jonghyun and Kibum up?” appa asked. At the mention of their names, I began blushing again and I hid my face behind my hands.

“They were, well, in an intimate position and I thought that it would be inappropriate to wake them,” I said. I’m not lying. Jonghyun hyung still hadn’t… let’s just say that he was still in Key umma.

“Ah. I’ll go wake them up then,” umma decided. I nodded, thanking her.

Onew hyung joined us at the dining table a few minutes later, and umma came back as well. She seemed to be rather satisfied with herself. Apparently, she had managed to embarrass JongKey enough that they wouldn’t dare to have for the next month.

We started breakfast when the couple joined us, blushing madly when they made eye contact with umma. Umma purposely continued teasing them by talking about and whatnot in their presence. It was all that we could do to not burst out in laughter.

After breakfast, appa and umma changed and left for work. The rest of us washed the dishes and talked about our plans for today.

“You guys know what day Friday is, right?” Key umma asked.

“It’s Chunji’s birthday,” I replied knowingly.

“Yup. We’re planning to celebrate it on Thursday since Teen Top is holding a fanmeet on Friday for Chunji’s birthday,” Key umma informed us. “So we’ll be heading over to their place on Thursday afternoon. Jjong and I will go to their dorm while you two go out with ChunJoe.”

I thought about this and shrugged.

“Onew hyung, can we take the subway this time?” I whispered. Onew hyung raised a brow at my weird question but nodded anyway. I smiled and pecked his cheek. “Thanks!”

“Today, Infinite wants to meet up with us and discuss the plans for Thursday. Of course, the Teen Top members will be there with the exception of Chunji and Niel who have a schedule.”

“Where?” Onew hyung asked.

“At Infinite’s dorm, of course! We’ll be cabbing there,” Key umma said. I sighed. A diva will be a diva. He’s way too lazy to take the subway.

“Go change and pack your stuff. We’ll go out in a half hour,” Jonghyun hyung instructed. I nodded and pulled Onew hyung to our room.

I grabbed hyung’s backpack and threw the two bottles of medicine in. I also dumped a towel in, as well as a fresh set of clothes. While I was packing, Onew hyung dug out some clothes for us to change into.

Apparently, he’d thought that a yellow top would look good in black shorts. What am I? A bee?

“Hyung, you can’t expect me to wear this. Can you find my white t-shirt?” I asked, zipping the bag up. I’ll get two bottles of water from the kitchen later on.

Hyung passed the abovementioned shirt and shorts to me, and we changed into the new set of clothes quickly. I think I spent a little too much time on packing stuff.

After we changed, hyung threw the old set of clothes into the laundry basket and took two bottles of mineral water. By the time we were seated on the sofa, it was about time to go out.

Key umma and Jonghyun hyung walked downstairs and called us.

“Let’s go.”

 

---------------------------------------------

 

The ride to Infinite’s dorm didn’t take too long, so I barely got any sleep. Besides, Key umma was sitting beside me and chattering about what he thinks we should do.

After forty minutes, Key umma finally shut up and I closed my eyes, falling asleep almost instantly. The sad thing was that we arrived at Infinite’s dorm in another thirty minutes. Hence, I only slept for that short half an hour.

We walked into the lift of the apartment and the doors were about to close when somebody opened it again. She walked into the lift, apologising to us and pressing the ‘close’ button.

“Bomi?” Key umma asked. Bomi turned around and gasped.

“Key oppa? Jonghyun hyung? And Onew oppa too!” she exclaimed. “Who’s this?”

Onew hyung chuckled nervously, hoping that she wouldn’t recognize me.

“This is my pregnant cousin. We’re here to pay a visit to my aunt. Bye,” Onew hyung said as the lift doors opened, pulling me out immediately. Key umma and Jonghyun hyung rushed out as well, waving to Bomi as the doors closed.

“That was close. I forgot that A Pink lived in the same apartment block as Infinite,” Key umma said, heaving a sigh of relief. We headed over to Infinite’s unit and rang the doorbell. Sungyeol hyung opened the door and let us in quickly.

We greeted the Infinite members, noticing the absence of Hoya and Myungsoo hyung.

“Wonnie hyung and Myungie hyung are out. Both of them are filming for their dramas,” Jongie explained, passing each of us a glass of water.

I looked around their dorm. It seems rather messy. Heck, DuNuCo’s things are still here. Aww…

“We haven’t thrown DuNuCo’s stuff away yet,” Sunggyu hyung told me. He seemed to have seen me looking at the doghouse and cushions.

“Yeah. We still miss them, but we can’t visit them. Their owners are nice, but the company prohibits us from going to see them,” Sungyeol hyung sighed.

“Let’s get back to the matter at hand. What ideas do you have?” Woohyun hyung asked.

“We should compile what we know about Chunji,” Dongwoo hyung suggested. We agreed.

All of us thought about Chunji’s favourite things, such as food, colours, etc. After ten minutes, I still hadn’t thought of anything. By the looks of it, the others don’t really know anything either.

“I give up. Let’s wait for the Teen Top members,” Jonghyun hyung announced.

“I’ll give Minsoo a call,” Sunggyu hyung said and went to get his phone.

We told the Infinite members about our close call with A Pink’s Bomi and Woohyun hyung seemed shocked. It’s not that I don’t know about him liking A Pink, but still… They’ve lived in the same block for about a year at least!

Sunggyu hyung returned to the living room and sat down beside Woohyun hyung.

“Minsoo said that they’d be here in ten minutes. Have you guys eaten?” Sunggyu hyung asked. “Namu here has some mad cooking skills that he picked up from Boohyun hyung. I want to show off my cooking skills too!”

I looked at Onew hyung who seemed doubtful. Then I turned to Jonghyun hyung who looked as if he wanted to eat. Lastly, my gaze landed on Key umma. He looks like he wants to kill Gyu hyung.

“Yeah, we’ve eaten, just two hours ago actually. I’d appreciate it if people stopped trying to make me fat,” Key umma said in his diva-ish way and flipped his hair to the side, fanning himself as if he were really angry.

I sighed. I don’t even know why I agreed to let him ‘adopt’ me as his son.

“Sunggyu hyung, I want to eat!” I exclaimed while raising my hand. Sunggyu hyung smiled at me and dragged Woohyun hyung into the kitchen. When Sunggyu hyung smiles, I swear his eyes just… disappear. But I have to admit that Sunggyu hyung is an amazing person.

“Taemin, you’re hungry already?” Key umma asked incredulously. I tried hard not to roll my eyes.

“Key umma, remember this. I’m almost eight months pregnant with TRIPLETS. I’m eating for four people here, not just two or three. It’s normal to eat more,” I reminded him. Onew hyung wrapped an arm around my shoulder and tried to calm me down.

“Tae, you have to stop being so uptight. This kind of stress isn’t good for you,” hyung told me. I nodded and leaned against me, and I notice how the remaining three Infinite members were looking at the two of us.

“Yes?”

They shook their heads hastily.

“We’re just jealous cause our boyfriends are busy,” Sungyeol hyung admitted.

“I understand that feeling. But guys, it’s only been a few hours since they’ve left. I’ve had to go seventeen months without hyung, five of which I was pregnant,” I told them. I felt hyung tense beside me and I immediately softened.

“Hyung, it isn’t your fault. I was the one who ran onto the road to look for you,” I said gently, giving Onew hyung a light peck on the cheek. Hyung nodded and smiled lightly.

“I know, I know. I still feel guilty though,” hyung replied.

I was going to say something else but I heard somebody clearing his throat.

“That’s enough lovey-dovey time for you two. Do you really not know Chunji’s favourite things?” Dongwoo hyung asked. I shook my head, as did Onew hyung.

“I guess we really do have to wait for them to come,” Jongie sighed.

I nodded as the smell of food wafted into my nostrils. It wasn’t just food – it was fried rice and it smells delicious! It was only then that I noticed Sunggyu hyung and Woohyun hyung walking out of the kitchen with a big plate of fried rice.

“Taemin, this is for you. Since you were the only one who wanted it, I don’t expect anybody else to touch it. Especially not Key,” Sunggyu hyung narrowed his already-small eyes at Key umma. Key umma huffed and turned away, but I could see him sneaking a peek at the fried rice.

I will eat well!

 

--------------------------------------------

 

The doorbell rang and I looked up from my food, still chewing it slowly. Sungjong went to open the door to reveal the four Teen Top members and we greeted each other. They sat down in our circle.

“So… what does Chanhee like?” Sunggyu hyung asked.

“His favourite colours are black and white. He likes eating roast beef and he doesn’t like any type of melons, especially watermelons. It’d be good if we could play basketball since he likes it too. Of course he likes our official colour too,” L.Joe told us.

We nodded, and Key umma took notes for us.

“What do you want to do for him?” I asked, scooping up some more rice and shoving it into my mouth, chewing it before swallowing.

“We wanted to have some people play basketball with him, mainly us. Then we’ll head back to our dorm where you guys will set up. Niel hyung and C.A.P. hyung will help you guys with preparations,” Ricky told us.

“And we’re supposed to cook for him, I guess?” Woohyun hyung asked. Changjo nodded.

“Niel hyung already gave his permission since he’ll be supervising you. We have to make other types of food so Woohyun hyung and Niel hyung will plan it together with Key hyung, alright?” Changjo asked.

“No problem. I can even get Boohyun hyung to help us think of some dishes,” Woohyun hyung said happily. “Is that alright?”

“I’m sure Niel won’t mind,” C.A.P. hyung said. Woohyun hyung nodded excitedly and took his phone out, presumably to call Boohyun hyung.

“I’m planning to bring him to the karaoke since he likes singing so much. I should bring him home as well,” L.Joe pondered aloud. “Onew hyung, your house is in Gyeonggi, right? Can you pretend to run into us and follow us to our dorm?”

“I don’t mind but do you just want to meet at, say, the basketball court? I know where Chunji’s house is and I know that there’s a basketball court near it,” Onew hyung said.

“Sure! Then we’ll just ‘run into you’ there before heading over to our dorm. Are you fine with public transport?” Ricky asked. I nodded and grinned.

“Yup!”

“Have you guys eaten?” Sungyeol hyung suddenly asked. The Teen Top members looked at Sungyeol hyung incredulously but ended up nodding their heads anyway.

Since Woohyun hyung and Sunggyu hyung were too lazy to cook again, they ordered pizza. I’m not allowed to really eat any fast food so I just drank some water and watched them eat.

Apparently, Changjo felt like watching a movie and he managed to find a horror movie amongst Infinite’s collection of movies. So once again, Onew hyung was snuggled up to me, not daring to look at the TV screen at all.

After the movie ended, we decided that we had planned enough and that we would figure everything else out on Thursday itself.

Jongie opened the door for us and we walked out, bidding the Infinite members goodbye.

“See you again!” Jongie exclaimed while waving to us.

 “See you guys on Thursday!”

We waved back to them and got into the lift. This time, we didn’t run into any A Pink members. It’s a good thing, too, since we can’t possibly keep using the same lie.

“You know, Chunji already suspects that we’re going to celebrate his birthday,” L.Joe told us.

“Then what can we do?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

“Maybe we should find another way to surprise him. What about acting as if you don’t remember his birthday, Onew hyung and Taemin?” C.A.P. hyung suggested.

I shrugged. It seems plausible.

“Then we’ll lie and say that Niel wants us so that we can help him with his cooking,” I said.

“That’s a great idea! It’s set then. We’ll see you on Thursday at 3pm at the basketball court near Chunji’s place. See you!”  Changjo said and waved to us as we got into a cab.

“Bye!”

The ride home was a quiet one. I was tired from travelling so much. I mean Infinite’s dorm isn’t the closest place to hyung’s place.

 

----------------------------------------

 

As soon as we got into the house, I plopped down onto the couch. Hyung sat down beside me and I leaned against him, sighing contentedly. Suddenly, pain shot through my leg and I winced.

“Hyung, my leg’s cramping,” I told him. Onew hyung nodded and knelt down in front of me, massaging my leg. The pain slowly subsided from my leg and I relaxed.

“Thanks hyung,” I said gratefully and pecked hyung on the cheek.

“Do you want to go take a bath?” he asked. I thought about it and nodded. I’m feeling a little warm although it’s currently autumn. We walked upstairs and grabbed a fresh sheet of clothes before stepping into the shower.

“And don’t you dare suggest anything funny again,” hyung warned. I blushed and nodded.

“Ne~,” I sang.

After bathing, we watched TV and ate dinner when appa and umma returned. Almost right after that, we washed up and went to bed.

“Night hyung,” I said, yawning and stretching.

Hyung pressed his lips onto my forehead.

“Night Taeminnie,” hyung replied.

A small smile formed on my face as I fell asleep.

Nevertheless, I couldn’t help but wonder.

Today has been such a peaceful day.

What’s going to happen tomorrow?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This chappie was more than weird since I really rushed it out and I didn't know what to type for this -.-

Ok, so the fic won't be ending this week so after my update, you guys will have to wait till after my EOYs for the last chappie~! (I think)

I completely blame my mum for not giving me internet access so I couldn't update yst T.T

Well, I hope you enjoyed this weird chapter and look forward to the next one cause it's gonna be a lot better! ^^ (and maybe shorter and more to the point ^^)