Epilogue

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(A year later)

 

—Onew’s POV—

I stood in front of the mirror nervously as Jonghyun adjusted my bowtie. Today is the day that I fulfil my promise to the love of my life. I’ve waited so long for this day to come.

In the room were all the semes, or tops, from SuJu. And Jonghyun, of course. Everyone had been given a day off from their activities in order to come to our special day.

As Jonghyun went to sit back down on the chairs, I completely freaked out.

“My hair is a mess, there’s a crease on my shirt and my shoes aren’t polished well! Oh my god I can’t go out like this. We’ll have to postpone it,” I said and gulped down a glass of water in one shot.

“Lee Jinki, this isn’t the time to back out. We’ve all told you time and again that Taemin isn’t in this because you’re perfect,” Eunhyuk hyung told me.

“But I don’t even look comparable to him!” I whined.

“Shut up. That’s probably what Taemin thinks too,” Kangin hyung said while chuckling.

I sighed and shook my head, plopping myself down onto a beanbag beside Yesung hyung.

“Lee Jinki, can you snap out of it? Today’s your big day. You’ve been waiting, and Taemin’s been waiting. You can’t chicken out on him just cause you feel nervous. Heck, he’s probably more nervous than you!” Yesung hyung snapped.

My thoughts travelled to Tae and my lips slowly curved up into a smile.

I recollected how we first met at the audition. I’d just been looking at trainee wannabes when I saw him. After that, we’d trained together and Tae would help me in dancing while I would be his singing coach outside of vocal lessons.

I remember being so excited when I’d heard that we would be in the same band as each other. And since I was the leader, nobody could doubt my purpose for being close to Tae. They’d all brush it off and say that I was taking good care of our maknae.

While preparing for our debut, I did feel like giving up quite a number of times, but seeing Tae’s face in the morning always gave me the energy to continue working hard. After all, what would happen if I left SHINee? Who would take over as the leader? And what if the new member hits on Tae?

Then there was our first win with ‘Juliette’. Of course we’d cried, but Tae didn’t show it as much. It was only when we returned to the car did he break down in my arms. Key had been crying nonstop and as much as Tae had wanted to cry in Key’s arms, Jonghyun had done me the favour of hugging Key. So, in the end, Tae had come to me. I was really glad that he hadn’t gone to Minho although they were pretty close during that time.

Let’s see… Ah, yes! I did tell the story about how I confessed at the park near our dorm, right? That was probably the best day of my life. Well, until today came. I hadn’t expected Tae to have the same feelings as me, but when he said yes I felt like I could fly.

Then there was our first proper date where I sprained my wrist. That turned out to be a good thing since Tae felt so guilty and took care of me. He fed me, kind of bathed for me, and he even brushed my teeth for me!

Even when Victoria noona was being mean and tried to break us up, Tae didn’t give in. Once the other f(x) members told him that I lied about breaking up, he came right back to me and called me an idiot for thinking that I could lie about something like this.

I went into a coma after the accident and still he stayed, taking care of me and waiting patiently for seventeen months! I know that he was upset, especially after being , but he held on for me. When Minho turned against us, Tae didn’t even hesitate to cut off contact with him. Tae doesn’t say it, but I know that he really treated Minho like his blood-related brother.

I’m glad I came through for him by waking up on his birthday. I think it’s the best birthday present that he could ever have wished for. He’d also gotten to know the triplets’ genders as well.

Yesung hyung is right. I can’t let Tae down by backing out. We’ve all waited too long for this day to come. Tae has been planning this together with Key so damn excitedly for the past half a year.

“I know hyung. I know,” I replied with a small smile.

“We saw your big grin. You don’t have to tell us anything,” Hankyung hyung told me and patted my back. “Everything will be fine.”

Hankyung hyung came back specially for our special day and Heechul hyung couldn’t be happier. The latter had come out of the army just two months ago and now he gets to see his lover face-to-face.

I read through my vows again and sighed, deciding to just leave it as it is.

“I wonder what Taemin’s doing.”

 

------------------------------

 

—Taemin’s POV—

I gulped and fidgeted with the hem of my gown, twirling my long hair. Yes, I let my hair grow out. I don’t like being told that I look girly – I’ve always wanted to be called a man – but I wanted to look my best for today, and my best does not include a wig, so I grew my hair out.

“Taemin, stop walking around and sit down already,” Heechul umma called.

“But umma, I don’t look PERFECT!” I complained.

In the room with me were the ukes, or bottoms, from SuJu, as well as Jongie. Jongie came up beside me and pulled me back to sit down with everyone else.

“Taemin hyung, you’ve told us that you weren’t in this because Onew hyung is perfect, right?” Jongie asked. I nodded, not sure where this was going.

“Taemin, what makes you think that Onew is in this because you are?” Ryeowook hyung asked. I stared at him blankly, not knowing how to answer his question.

“Wookie’s right, Taemin. Onew loves you because you’re you. He embraces your flaws and loves your perfections. We aren’t flawless, Taemin, and that’s just how our lovers like it,” Leeteuk hyung told me. I smiled lightly and nodded, hugging Leeteuk hyung in thanks.

Maybe she saw me hugging Leeteuk hyung and she got jealous, but Eunmi began crying in her stroller that was beside me. I picked up my one-year-old girl and put her in my lap, bouncing her up and down.

“Aww, do you want me to hug you too, Mimi?” I cooed to Eunmi who giggled and reached her hands towards my face. I chuckled at her cuteness and hugged her gently, pecking her on the forehead as I did so. After some time, Eunmi began slapping my face and I held her away from me.

“Eunmi, no. No slapping,” I scolded in a semi-strict tone. Eunmi seemed to understand and kept her hands to herself, making me melt and kiss her one more time before putting her back in the stroller.

“That reminds me. Do they walk yet, Taemin?” Sungmin hyung asked. I pouted and shook my head.

“I try to let them walk around in the house, and Kyungie is trying, but she hasn’t gotten there yet. Eunmi and Jaewon aren’t even beginning to try and hold onto something for support. I guess I have to be patient,” I said, sighing.

I looked at the clock and widened my eyes. I only have an hour more!

I started to hyperventilate again and the hyungs (plus Jongie, of course) looked at me in worry.

“Taemin, relax! You look amazing,” Henry hyung assured me.

“Really?”

“Would Henry lie?” Kibum hyung raised a brow questioningly. I scratched the back of my head sheepishly and shook my head. “Then don’t doubt it!”

“Come on Taemin, just relax. Remember the times that you and Onew have gone through together and calm down,” Donghae hyung said.

He’s right. I should be focusing on Onew hyung and not myself. I mean hyung isn’t the type to freak out, but I’m sure he’s worried about screwing up as well.

Hyung said that he first saw me during my audition, but I hadn’t paid much attention to him then. I was way too nervous to look at other people anyway. The first time I officially met him was the first day of practice. He’d literally bounced over to me and introduced himself.

I chuckled to myself as I remembered hyung’s actions that day.

I slowly found myself sticking to hyung and enjoying practice because we would practice together. Hyung also helped me a lot with singing so I’m glad. I really liked spending time together with hyung and before I knew it, I was in love.

I did notice how hyung would try to get alone time with me, but I thought that he just wanted to be closer to the maknae. I was too caught up being in love that I didn’t notice how hyung would scold whoever made fun of me, take care of me the most, and pretend to be doing fanservice.

I was elated when hyung finally asked me out. Initially, I was confused when hyung suddenly asked me to go for a walk with him. He then gave me the shock of my life by confessing, but I’m glad he did because I wouldn’t have been willing to take the first step.

When hyung said that he didn’t love me anymore, I was heartbroken. But f(x) immediately cleared the situation up and I was right back together with hyung. Sure, Victoria noona hadn’t been too thrilled at her plan failing, but what could she have done?

After finally getting past Victoria noona, hyung conveniently decides to go into a seventeen-month long coma, and I waited for him. I didn’t expect Minho to me – hell no – but I have to thank him because I now have three adorable children.

Speaking of Minho, he’s been invited. I really hope that the prison allows him to come out to attend our special day. From the last time I saw Minho a month ago, I could tell that he’s really turned over a new leaf and I’m happy for him.

“You’re right, Donghae hyung. Thanks for the advice,” I answered with a grin.

Key umma fixed my hair for me and for the next half hour, we just chatted and had fun with the triplets. Right after that, my umma came into the room and broke down into tears, talking about how her baby boy was finally grown up.

Time flew by quickly and an hour passed. I read my vows one last time and sighed, reciting it in my mind. The church bells rang and I took in a deep breath before going to make a promise to the most important person in my life.

 

-----------------------------

 

—Nobody’s POV—

The church bells rand and all the guests were seated, looking towards the doors expectantly.

On the podium, Onew took a deep breath and tried to stop smiling like a fool, but try as he might the smile remained glued onto his face.

The priest had been hired from overseas, where the people were more open about homouality. Sure, it was still forbidden in South Korea, but the government was slowly getting used to the idea of it. Either way, the couple will have their wedding.

After what seemed like an eternity of grinning foolishly, the church doors slowly opened and the wedding music started playing. The pianist was none other than Lee Sungjong, who had declined being the best man and instead took on the role of the pianist. Beside the diva, Kim Myungsoo was playing the wedding music with his classical guitar, completely synchronised with Sungjong.

In the end, Jongin had become the best man and the bridesmaid was *ahem* Kyungsoo *ahem*. In case you’re wondering how that happened, Jongin just has a way of handling his boyfriend. Anyway, Kyungsoo made a pretty girl.

The flower girls were Taemin’s nieces, daughters of his paternal cousins.

Taemin’s father walked him down the aisle in accordance to the music. It took all of Taemin’s self-control, as well as his father’s strong grip, not to run down the aisle and into Onew’s waiting arms.

It took long, but Taemin finally walked down the aisle and his father placed his hand in Onew’s.

“Take care of my son, Jinki. You’d better not hurt him,” Mr. Lee warned.

“I will, dad (A/N: OnTae will call their parents appa and umma while calling their parents-in-law mum and dad),” Onew promised sincerely. Mr. Lee nodded and went to sit beside his wife, holding her hand tightly.

“You look great,” Onew whispered. Taemin blushed and nodded slightly, just enough for Onew to see. The two turned to face the priest and nodded at him.

“You may read your vows, Mr. Lee Jinki,” the priest instructed. Onew nodded and inhaled deeply. This is it.

“Lee Taemin, from the first time I laid eyes on you – no, heard your name – I knew that you were destined to be mine. I spent so many years building up our friendship and I finally confessed to you on the 19th of January, 2010. I remember being on cloud nine as you nodded, accepting me into your heart.  You stayed by me when we went through tough times. When I was in a coma, you waited for me. You took care of me when I was injured, and you never once doubted my love for you. You could have found someone better, somebody who would never have made you wait, but you chose me. I’m eternally grateful to you for entering my life. You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me; the best gift that God could ever have given. I promise never to hurt you again, and to make sure that I share my happiness and sadness with you. I, Lee Jinki, take you, Lee Taemin, to be my lawfully wedded wife. I will stay with you through weal and woe, better and worse, richness and poor, sickness and health.”

Taemin felt tears stinging his eyes and his vision started to get blurred by the tears that were threatening to spill as he heard Onew recite his vows. It was his turn.

“Lee Jinki, I may not have fallen in love with you at first sight, but look at where we are now. You took me into your heart when I was feeling lonely. If it weren’t for your bravery, we wouldn’t even be together. My heart broke when you lied to me, telling me that you no longer love me. I don’t even know what possessed you to think that I would ever doubt you. Regardless of whether it was in the past or now, I still love you wholeheartedly and I devote myself to you. Thank you for accepting my children as yours even though they aren’t biologically yours. Your selflessness is one of the things that made me fall for you harder and harder. You have always taken me into consideration whenever you do or say something. I may have been a little selfish before, but I promise to make up for my childishness in the past by sharing your troubles with you in the future. I, Lee Taemin, take you, Lee Jinki, to be my lawfully wedded husband. I will stick with you through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, in sadness and in joy, for better and for worse. I love you.”

“In the presence of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, I now announce you husband and wife, to be together in sickness and health, for better or for worse, in richness and poor, through thick and thin, and through happiness and joy. You may now kiss the bride,” the priest announced. Onew didn’t even have to wait. He just pulled Taemin into a soft and loving kiss.

Taemin cried tears of joy as he felt Onew’s lips moving against his own, glad that they were finally married. It had taken them so much time, and they had been through so much, but they made it.

It was only when the newlyweds broke the kiss that the guests stood up and clapped, happy for their friends. Some people even started rushing up to the couple and congratulating them immediately. After the wedding reception was the wedding dinner and of course that would be when their friends and family would perform whatever they had prepared.

 

-----------------------------

 

The wedding dinner was being held in a hotel that was owned by Heechul’s family. The diva had requested his father to let them reserve the ballroom for free since today was a really special event for his beloved ‘son’.

I won’t go on to talk about what had been served for the dinner, but the performances were the highlight of the day, or in this case, night.

Firstly, there was the traditional Korean dance performed by the SNSD members and the ummas. After that, the guys butted in. The guys consisted of mainly the semes of every couple amongst OnTae’s good friends.

The semes had put on a rather good performance, to say the least. They’d managed to make everyone laugh with their parody of Onew when he was fussing over Taemin. Onew questioned how they even remembered all this stuff, but he decided to brush it off since it was his big day.

Next, the ukes came on with their rendition of Taemin when he was freaking out about Onew. Only when OnTae saw that did they find out how the other idols found out so much. JongKey had to have ratted them out.

Of course, the idol groups got their acts together and each performed a hit song of theirs. OnTae were then forcefully dragged up on stage to receive a multitude of pranks from the others.

Following the pranks, SHINee got together and performed ‘Hello’ for everyone, seeing as how Minho was there to rap his part. The police didn’t allow him to join them on stage. They simply refused to take his handcuffs off. So he sat in his seat, throwing out word after word.

Eventually, the dinner ended and most of the guests left. Only some close friends stayed behind, meaning the idol groups. Surprisingly, the triplets hadn’t cried throughout the entire celebration.

“Congratulations hyung! I didn’t get to say anything just now since Kyungsoo demanded his payment,” Jongin winked seductively at his boyfriend who blushed madly.

“Yeah, well… Congratulations hyung!” Kyungsoo exclaimed and hugged Taemin tightly.

“Hyung, Taemin, congratulations,” Minho said, walking towards them with a smile.

“Hey Minho. Thanks for coming. We really appreciate it,” Onew said gratefully.

“I wouldn’t miss your wedding for the world. Where are the kids?” Minho asked, his eyes scanning the area for any signs of his children. The last and only time he’d seen them was before he went into jail, so naturally he’d miss them.

“They’re there,” Taemin replied, pointing to the strollers. Minho nodded, already heading towards the triplets. Taemin chuckled and shook his head. Minho is a er for the triplets.

“Where are you going for your honeymoon?” Kevin asked.

“Paris! The last time we went there was for SMTown, but now that we’ve quit as idols, I’d like to go there and enjoy the scenery,” Taemin told Kevin and grinned.

“Then how about the triplets?” Chunji questioned.

“You guys can visit them and play with them while we’re gone. JongKey are going to stay over at our place to take care of them. Which reminds me,” Onew said and called for JongKey.

“What?” Jonghyun asked, slightly irritated.

“Don’t even think of doing anything on our bed. You can go home and do whatever you want. Just make sure that somebody is looking after the triplets,” Onew reminded.

“No problem hyung! We wouldn’t want to anyway,” Key shrugged.

The idols chatted with each other, reminiscing the old days before everyone had to leave.

“We’ll just go get our stuff and we’ll be gone for a whole week! Paris, here we come!” Taemin exclaimed. He wasn’t particularly happy about leaving his kids in South Korea while he had fun, but he can’t have fun while taking care of them.

Minho walked back to JongKey and OnTae to bid farewell to them.

“Visit me with them when you can, alright?” Minho asked. Taemin smiled and nodded, hugging Minho before the latter returned to prison.

OnTae’s parents pushed the triplets to them and Taemin teared up just thinking about having to leave them for a whole week.

“Mimi, Kyungie, and Wonnie, you guys can’t miss umma and appa while we’re gone, arasso? We’ll be back so fast you won’t even know that we’re gone!” Taemin exclaimed. As though they didn’t want their parents to leave, the triplets began crying simultaneously.

OnTae spent the next twenty minutes comforting the triplets until Key told them that their flight was in two hours and that they had to leave.

“Umma will miss you guys. Listen to Key umma and Jonghyun hyung, ne?” Taemin instructed. The triplets were still crying and it didn’t seem as though they wanted to stop anytime soon. Taemin was pulled away by Onew, up to their hotel room where their luggage was.

“I’ll miss them, hyung,” Taemin cried. Onew shushed his lover and kissed his crown.

“I’ll miss them too, but we’ll be back in a flash, just like you said,” Onew said. Taemin sniffled and nodded, letting Onew lead him out of the hotel and into the taxi.

 

-------------------------------

 

(In Paris)

“Wah!”

Taemin was entranced by the Eiffel Tower, being able to look at it up close without being followed around by fans. It was good to have quit being an idol, seeing as how the couple had their freedom once again.

OnTae left the Eiffel Tower after spending some time around the area, enjoying the scenery. They had spent their first day in Paris just sleeping the jetlag off since the plane trip there took nearly one day, and they’d been exhausted. They’d only begun looking around the place on Day 2.

Onew pulled Taemin to a caricature booth that he’d spotted, forcing Taemin to sit down beside him and allowing the artist to draw them. When he was done, Onew gladly paid for the drawing before he rolled it up and kept it safely.

“Hyung, I want ice-cream,” Taemin whined, pointing towards an ice-cream parlour. Onew smiled and wrapped an arm around his lover’s waist, walking to the ice-cream parlour with him. They’d ordered a triple scoop ice-cream and were sharing it together when the sky suddenly turned dark.

“Shoot! Let’s get back to the hotel before we get stranded here,” Onew said. Taemin nodded in agreement with his husband who was hailing down a taxi. Taemin held the ice-cream as they got into the cab, eating it on the way back to the hotel.

When the couple had arrived back at the hotel, they went to the restaurant for their lunch. It was easy for them to get their food since they didn’t have to order anything at a buffet. If they actually had to converse in French, they would probably embarrass themselves to no end.

Onew returned to the table with two plates of food and a glass of orange juice, sitting down opposite of Taemin who was staring blankly at his food.

Onew hadn’t thought much of Taemin’s behaviour and began to eat his food, only stopping when he’d devoured the first plate of spaghetti and Taemin still refused to touch his food. Onew sat back in the chair and crossed his arms across his chest.

“Ok, what’s wrong?” he demanded.

Taemin glanced up at Onew and sighed.

“Hyung, should we… You know, ever since I was , I’ve been scared of being touched that way. But now that we’re married…” Taemin trailed off, looking down at his lap.

Taemin had been thinking about this matter for quite some time now. He knew that he would have to get over his fear, and Onew was the only one who could help him. He’s dragged this for way too long, and he knows that Onew’s been restraining himself for his sake.

Onew looked at Taemin, the latter seeming so sad and afraid. Onew sighed went to sit beside Taemin, drawing his wife into a hug.

“You don’t have to force yourself. Just tell me whenever you’re ready, but I’ll wait until then,” Onew assured Taemin. Taemin looked up at Onew with teary eyes, sniffling slightly.

“Hyung, why am I so weak? It’s been so long and I know you won’t hurt me, but I just can’t get over that stupid fear,” Taemin sobbed. “I want to. I’m ready.”

Onew looked at Taemin and tried to tell whether or not the latter was lying. He wasn’t, but Onew could tell that he was afraid. Nonetheless, he knew that he wanted it as badly as Taemin.

Onew patted Taemin’s back and kissed his forehead.

“Let’s finish our meal before we go back, ok?” Onew asked. Taemin smiled and nodded, wiping his tears away and scooping up some rice before stuffing it into his mouth. Before long, Taemin and Onew were both done with lunch. They retired to their hotel rooms, and as they did Taemin was as nervous as hell.

Onew walked into the hotel room behind Taemin, locking the door as he did. He smirked seductively at Taemin who gulped. Taemin started backing up and fell onto the bed. Onew his lips hungrily and kissed Taemin, ripping their clothes off at the same time.

Needless to say, you can guess what happened after that.

 

-------------------------------

 

(A few weeks later)

“Hyung! Come here quick! Bring the video camera too!” Taemin called out excitedly. The sight in front of him made him tear up, his heart swelling with pride.

Onew rushed into the living room where Taemin presumably was, the video camera in hand. He gasped and immediately started to film what Taemin had been so excited about.

Eunkyung was standing up while holding the edge of the coffee table and she was slowly walking to Taemin who was clapping encouragingly and calling Eunkyung to him.

“Kyungie-ah, come to umma! You can do it!” Taemin cheered. Eunkyung continued walking towards her umma until she was finally in Taemin’s arms, and Taemin just broke down into tears, hugging his daughter and kissing her.

“Tae, give me a smile,” Onew instructed, closing up on Taemin’s face. Taemin grinned brightly as tears streamed down the sides of his face, holding Eunkyung up. The girl was giggling too.

After OnTae had finished their mini celebration, they tucked Eunkyung into bed beside her siblings. It was already way past her bedtime and her siblings had been asleep since an hour ago, but Taemin wanted to let her keep trying to walk.

OnTae took their shower and Onew plopped down onto their bed, worn out from the day’s activities. You see, it was Onew’s birthday and Taemin had brought his husband out to play at the beach and watch a movie. Of course, JongKey were put in charge of taking care of the triplets.

The couple had returned in time for dinner at home and had been playing with the kids ever since. Only when it was time for them to sleep did Onew tuck Eunmi and Jaewon in. Taemin had claimed that his instinct told him that Eunkyung would successfully walk, and it was true.

Taemin sat down on the bed, hitting Onew and telling the latter to sit up. In Taemin’s lap was a neatly wrapped present. Onew raised a questioning brow at Taemin but still sat up anyway.

“Happy birthday hyung,” Taemin said, handing the present to Onew.

Onew unwrapped the present, revealing a pregnancy test kit. He was even more puzzled now, but Taemin urged him to open the box. Onew did as told, and he stared at the pregnancy test, unable to comprehend it.

“Read the damn instructions,” Taemin chided. Onew looked at the back of the box, reading the instructions carefully. If it was blue, then it would be positive, and vice versa if it was red.

Onew looked at the pregnancy test again, but this time the corners of his lips curved up into a smile. He put the pregnancy test aside and kissed Taemin, hugging the younger male.

The screen on the pregnancy test showed a familiar shade of blue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, I don't even know what's with the awkward and abrupt ending but ta-daa~~! This fic has finallly (?) come to an end!

Anyways, there's a poll below to let you guys vote for whether or not you want a sequel since I know some people don't have accounts and can't comment ;) And I shall thank my suscribers too!

So, um... Thanks for supporting this fic till the end and I hope you enjoyed reading it regardless of how weird it was :D

Thanks to all my suscribers and silent readers, and special thanks to my commenters! ♥

Emmauk26

naznew

analiz

dreamteamace

Beckatris

animefan

yhen2x

keiriminshi

AzureOfKnight

lee_anna22

luchunsinatrya

vienasoma

BananaMilk21

SonggsterRinnie

Brooke

yuki_chicken

jae524

lovable

happilyeveraftae

jackass

cailary

XxSHINee-RoxyxX

Nikkijade17

Anna_amiera

chireatamahome

--adore

aiRa21

niadubu

diegoisawesome

jellycakes012

Kpopgurl056

astic

aiment

CorrieLisa-May

lianned1994

XAkitarohX

OnTaeSupporter

PaboSaranghae

kyuchan12

SHINee_Forever_2012

Vluverful

SnHiromi

DaisyDen

darkangel130able

heme-sanloveminho

Maknae_Evony_Tofu_C

This isn't in any order whatsoever except for the first two who are my loyal commenters :) And again, I also thank my silent readers ^^

So here's the poll...

 

 

 

 

 

And see you guys (or not) on my JunSeung fic whenever I start it :) I'll post the link here together with the results of the poll ^^ Annyeong~! ♥