Uiyagi memories

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

I read the comment about the ‘pregnant people are as thing’ and yeah, I do know. But imagine losing your ity after being and then getting pregnant. I doubt that you’d want to think about having again five months later even if you’re like dogs in heat. So yup, there’s my reply to the comment :)

Oh and as for the moodiness of pregnant people, I’ll try to add that in as well. Thanks! :D

Enjoy this chapter ok? ^^

 

—Onew’s POV—

I haven’t had a say in this story for quite some time! Finally I get some spotlight! Ok, kidding. Anyway, back to the story, ne?

I was driving, one hand on the wheel while Tae slept in the seat beside me. He was safely buckled in his seat belt and snoring away. I rested my left hand on his stomach, rubbing it lightly every now and then. And yes, I can drive. I just don’t have a car and this is Jonghyun’s.

Where are we going? I’ll reveal it when we reach the destination. All you guys need to know is that it’s nine in the morning and Taeminnie woke up really early for this outing. He is wearing that maternity dress I bought him the other time. Although he just wore it three days ago, he’s wearing it again now. He must really like it.

I turned my focus back onto the road, stopping at a traffic light and looking at Tae. I know that he’s just perfect in every way, but now that I’m looking at him properly, I really notice how pretty he is. I brushed his bangs away and pressed a kiss to his forehead, grinning when he smiled in his sleep.

Once again, he was dressed as a girl and wearing his wig. He didn’t even bother putting makeup on today, and yet he looks even prettier than with makeup on. He wore his slippers and a the necklace that I’d given to him on our first date together.

I touched the necklace that hung on my own neck, pulling it out from my collar to look at the two charms on it, ‘태’ and ‘사랑’. Unconsciously, I smiled to myself before putting the necklace back in place. I started fiddling with my ring and looked back up at the road.

The traffic light turned green and I started the car again. We should be getting to our destination soon enough. That is, unless I’ve forgotten the way to our destination.

After a few minutes of driving, I saw a sign that pointed to where we were going and followed it. Frankly speaking, the place looked rather crowded right now. It’s a Saturday and many cars were waiting to go into the car park.

It took nearly forever for us to get into the car park and find a lot, but we did it in the end. After parking, I unbuckled my seatbelt as well as Taeminnie’s. Then I leaned over and kissed him fully on the lips. He was slightly startled and blinked rapidly, making me move away quickly.

“Are you alright, Tae?” I asked worriedly. He heaved a sigh of relief when he realised that it was just me and nodded, smiling lightly.

“Sorry hyung, I thought you were someone else. Are we at the zoo yet?” he asked. Damn. There goes my surprise about our location.

“Yup. Come on,” I told him and got out of the car to open his door. I locked the car and made sure that we had everything with us before we walked out of the car park, hand-in-hand.

Firstly, we went to pay for our admission tickets and entered the zoo. Taeminnie said that he wanted to go to the petting zoo first, so of course I did as he wanted.

“Oh oppa, look! There are chicks there!” Tae exclaimed excitedly. I chuckled at his antics and he turned to pout at me. Has he never been to the zoo before?

“What’s wrong, oppa?” he asked me, still pouting. I smiled and pinched his cheeks.

“Nothing. I was just thinking about how cute you looked doing that,” I lied. He saw through it and huffed, turning away from me and paying attention to the chicks that were huddled in a corner.

“Why’re they all so close together?” Taeminnie asked me.

“Because it’s cold now and they need to share their body heat. Speaking of which, aren’t you cold wearing just that?” I asked, raising my brow. He shrugged.

“I put my jacket in your backpack,” he told me. I took the said jacket out and draped it over his shoulders, not wanting him to catch a chill. “Thanks oppa,” he said and pecked my cheek. I wrapped my arm around his waist and we continued walking around the petting zoo.

We headed over to the rabbit cages and Tae squatted down to look at the rabbits at eye-level.

“Look! They have lop-ears!” Taeminnie exclaimed and tried touching the rabbits’ ears. One of the rabbits started coming towards him and let him pat it lightly. I think Tae’s the kind of person who’s really good with animals, from what I can see.

“Come on. Let’s move on,” I told him, holding my hand out. He sighed and waved goodbye to the rabbit before taking my hand and letting me pull him back up.

We walked to the horse stables and saw that some people were feeding the horses carrots. I noticed how Taeminnie’s eyes lit up almost immediately.

“What?” I asked.

“Do you remember that time when we went to Uiyagi Wind Village to make cheese? And also, we fed horses there and their manes were like…” Tae blabbered on about the date, probably before I went into a coma. I wanted to focus on what he was telling me, but my head started hurting a little and I frowned, trying to ignore the pain which gradually got stronger.

“Oppa? Are you ok?” Taeminnie asked me worriedly. I tried to force a smile at him but it didn’t work. “Oh . Let’s go sit down there, oppa. I got your painkillers in my bag,” he told me and held my hand, pulling me over to one of the nearby benches.

When we were seated, I massaged my temples while Tae reached into his bag and pulled out a bottle of pills labelled ‘Lee Jinki’. He took a pill out and handed it to me, getting water from my bag while I swallowed the pill. He gave me the water and I gulped it down, washing the pill down as well.

After sitting down for a few minutes, the pain slowly faded away and I looked at Taeminnie.

“Thanks Tae,” I said and kissed his forehead lightly. “I’m fine now. Let’s go back to the horse stables, shall we?” I asked. I could see his eyes watering slightly and I started to panic.

Taeminnie sniffled and began crying. “Oppa, I’m sorry for telling you about that outing. If it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t have had a headache. You haven’t had those in quite some time,” Tae sobbed. I gathered him in my arms and shushed him, just holding him in my arms.

“It’s not your fault. Besides, I’m glad to have remembered something. Stop crying, it makes my heart ache more than my head did,” I told him in a gentle voice. He looked up at me and sniffled once more, looking like a little kid.

“Really oppa?” he asked. I smiled and nodded, his cheeks with my thumb and wiping the tear stains away.

“There. You look a lot prettier when you’re not crying, you know that?” I asked him. Taeminnie showed me a small smile and pecked me on the cheek.

“Thanks oppa. I appreciate it. But does that mean that I’m not pretty when I cry?” he asked, pouting. I chuckled and shook my head.

“My Tae is always pretty. You’re just prettier when you don’t cry,” I held his hand and stood up. “Let’s head back to those horses,” I said and led the way.

Yes, I remember what happened on that day now. All the memories just flooded into my head just now and well, they kind of overwhelmed me.

I know that Jessica and Tiffany fought because of the packet of food that Jessica spilt. Also, Tiffany had accidentally told Minho about the condition. The one that Victoria noona had set, saying that I couldn’t propose to Taeminnie.

Eventually, I had proposed to him hadn’t I? I don’t blame JongKey or Heechul hyung for the accident, but they could have kept a closer eye on what we were doing. I wonder how they’d even let Tae run off to find me and almost get run down. I’ll never forget that day.

 

 

We had gone to buy some carrots to feed the horses before heading back to the stables. I patted the horses and their awfully dry manes. God they need hair conditioner badly, like seriously.

“Ah!” Taeminnie squeaked, catching my attention.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, whipping my head around to see Tae laughing.

“It’s ticklish…” he told me and blushed. “Did you think something happened?”

“Um, well… Yeah,” I replied and I could feel my cheeks getting warm as well. Taeminnie chuckled and suddenly kissed me fully on the lips.

“You know what? You’re adorable, oppa,” he told me cheekily.

“And so are you,” I touched the tip of his nose lightly, making Tae giggle.

“Do you want to feed them?” he asked. I shrugged and took a piece of carrot out from the bag that we had bought and held it to the horse’s mouth. It immediately took the carrot into its mouth, literally dragging it out of my hand.

“Omo!” I exclaimed, a little surprised by the sudden action.

“My turn!” Taeminnie said enthusiastically and fed the same horse as well. However, he didn’t allow the horse to eat the entire carrot at one go. Oops…

While Tae fed the horse, he was its mane to make it look, I don’t know, nicer? Well it does look flatter and more presentable now so I guess Taeminnie helped the horse.

“Where do you want to go after this?” Tae asked me. I took the zoo’s brochure out of my backpack and looked through the event list.

“They have an animal show in twenty minutes. We could get some snacks before heading over to watch it. It says right here that it’s something about a performing seal,” I showed the pamphlet to him while pointing at the abovementioned animal show.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s get some food first!” Taeminnie rushed me. I nodded and hastily kept the brochure in my backpack before we went to find the nearest F&B outlet. Luckily for us, it was a mere two-minute walk away from where we were. Also, it was rather close to the auditorium where the show would be held.

When we went inside the store, there wasn’t much of a queue. We bought some popcorn chicken and fish balls on a stick, as well as two cups of iced tea, before heading over to the auditorium.

We arrived seven minutes before the show started and there were still some seats in the front. Tae, being the hyperactive person that he is right now, pulled me to sit in the second row in spite of the fact that he’s pregnant. Aish this kid… But I can’t say no to him either way.

We chatted while waiting for the show to begin and watched the stage intently as the announcer told the audience that the show would be starting in a few seconds.

When the show started, everyone clapped and the so-called ringmaster came out with the seal. They introduced themselves – sort of, anyway – and began showing us how quickly a seal could swim and stuff. After that, the seal jumped through large hoops placed above the water; it also balanced a ball on its nose while swimming at its normal speed.

Basically, it was entertaining to watch the seal perform so many tricks, but I feel sorry for the poor animal. It’s supposed to be living in the wild, not performing for humans so that the zoo can earn money out of its attractions.

The show neared its end and the announcer called for two volunteers to throw a Frisbee for the seal to catch. Unexpectedly, Tae pointed at me and pulled my hand up. I didn’t even have time to react before the announcer came down to bring me to the front of the stage.

“We’ll pass this Frisbee to you and all you have to do is throw it from up there, alright?” the announcer told me. I looked at Taeminnie and he nodded encouragingly, grinning at me. I sighed and shrugged and a zoo attendant handed a Frisbee to me. I was then led to the middle of the auditorium, about fifteen metres away from the stage, and told to throw the Frisbee.

“Hwaiting oppa!” Tae shouted and pumped his fist, uncaring of the stares that he was earning. I smiled back at him and pulled my hand back, flinging the plastic disc as hard as I could towards the seal and amazingly, I made it! The seal actually caught my Frisbee and my clumsiness didn’t get the better of me!

“Congratulations, sir! That hasn’t been done by many people before so we’ll give you a prize later, as well as a commemoratory photograph with your lovely wife,” he told me in an upbeat voice.

I went back to my own seat and Taeminnie hugged me tightly.

“Oppa, you did it!” he exclaimed and started jumping around.

“Be careful!” I told him and held him down. He pouted but nodded and I wrapped my hand around his shoulder before sitting down and giving him a light peck on the lips, causing him to blush a little. While we were having our moment, the announcer had called up a lady to throw the Frisbee again, but from a much shorter distance.

After the show ended, I went to get my prize which turned out to be a voucher for a restaurant in the zoo. Just as well, since it was going to be lunchtime soon.

Also, we took our commemoratory picture together with the seal. We thanked the announcer and the seal – strangely enough – and left for the restaurant. I tried my best to guide the way, but in the end, Tae managed to get there in just a few minutes.

The waitress led us in and gave us our menus before she excused herself.

“What drinks do you want?” I asked, flipping through the menu.

“Ooh, there’s banana milk!” Taeminnie squealed excitedly.

“Then I’ll have some frappe macchiato. As for food, I’ll take a chicken cutlet set,” I said to myself and looked at Tae, waiting for him to make up his mind.

“I want the Set Meal A and replace the soft drink with banana milk,” he told me, pointing at the picture of the menu that showed a set meal which was full of veggies. I nodded and smiled.

“As long as you don’t eat too unhealthily,” I replied. I raised my hand and called for the waitress to place our orders. The voucher was for twenty thousand won which was not yet enough to cover the cost of our meal, but it was good enough for now.

“One Set Meal A with banana milk. One chicken cutlet set with frappe macchiato. That would be all,” I passed the menus to her after she wrote the orders down and she left for the kitchen.

“So how do you think the show was?” I asked.

“I liked the part where you were throwing that Frisbee,” he giggled and I pinched his cheeks.

“And you sabotaged me!” I whined. Taeminnie just shrugged and grinned.

“But you had fun didn’t you? Besides, we got a voucher that covers almost the entire lunch bill and a picture with a seal!” he protested.

“Fine, I have to admit that it was rather worth it. It wasn’t easy though,” I admitted.

“I know you’d be able to do it,” he told me and hugged my neck.

“Careful,” I reminded him.

“You keep telling me to be careful so I can’t do anything! Dr. Kim didn’t say that I can’t hug people,” he pouted. I patted his head softly.

“I’m just worried for your safety. You’ve almost had a miscarriage once, and although it’s highly unlikely for you to miscarry now, it’s still possible,” I told him. He sighed, knowing that I was right and giving up in defeat.

“You’re right. I’m being stupid and not caring about myself,” he said.

“It’s alright for you to hug me though. Just not so suddenly, ne?” I said and he nodded, resting his head on my shoulder while we waited for our food. It’s a good thing we’re sitting in a corner since I’m sure many people wouldn’t enjoy watching our PDA. Heck, I don’t like to see people’s PDA either, but this is inevitable. Kekeke.

The waitress came back to our table with our drinks and we started sipping on it. My frappe macchiato was kind of scalding me but it tasted awesome!

“Your food will be here shortly, sir and madam,” she told us and bowed before leaving the room.

“That was interesting,” Tae muttered.

“Yeah. Well your disguise does work pretty well, especially for people who don’t know you well,” I commented and smiled.

“True,” he agreed. “I’m bored, oppa. Can I rest on your shoulder?” he asked.

“Sure,” I told him and he just laid his head down on my shoulder, dozing off almost immediately. I could hear light snores coming from him and I guess he must be really tired.

 

 

When our food finally came, I shook Taeminnie lightly to wake him up.

“Tae, the food’s here,” I told him softly.

“Huh? Oh, thanks oppa,” he smiled and yawned, stretching his arms. He picked his fork and knife up, cutting the pieces of bulgogi into bite-sized bits. I did the same with my chicken cutlet and started to eat my lunch. Taeminnie just put a piece of pork into his mouth and gasped.

“Omo! I didn’t mix the food with my normal side dishes!” he exclaimed in horror.

I chuckled at his silliness and took the boxes of food out from my bag. “Here,” I put the boxes on the table in front of Tae and opened the lids for him.

“You brought it? Thank god!” he heaved a huge sigh of relief and grinned. He poured all the boxes’ contents onto his plate of food and mixed it slightly before he started eating again. “Ah, tastes much better now,” he said and continued eating.

I ruffled his hair slightly and continued to eat my lunch as well. Basically, we ate mostly in silence due to our hunger. We didn’t eat much for breakfast so… yeah, that’s too bad.

“Oppa, how much of our past can you remember?” Taeminnie suddenly asked me. I looked up at him, dumbfounded by the question.

“Um, the part about Uiyagi Wind Village. I know roughly how I got into the accident, and our first anniversary date in the hospital garden. As for the rest, I don’t really remember it. Why?” I asked him curiously.

“Well, I wanted to think of ways to get you to remember everything. One way would be to bring you to places, right? Let’s head to Yeowido tomorrow!” he exclaimed excitedly and put another spoon of food into his mouth.

“What’s at Yeowido?” I raised my brow inquisitively.

“I won’t tell you, but it’s a really fun place to be at,” he told me positively. “You’ll like it for sure. Last time, we went with Victoria noona. She used to hang out there when she was a teen,” he explained.

“But I want to know…” I tried my aegyo – it pretty much failed, frankly speaking.

“No. I can only tell you when we go. Hmm, how about next week? Does that sound good?” he asked.

Next week would be the 25th of August. Yesung hyung’s birthday is a day before that, so maybe we can celebrate with him!

“How about we go with Yesung and Ryeowook hyungs?” I suggested. Tae’s facial expression immediately changed into one of disapproval.

“No way. We’ll celebrate with them some other time. Besides, they’re busy with promos. I want to go with you alone, alright? Nobody but us,” he told me hard-headedly.

I sighed. Taeminnie could be so stubborn and like I said before, I can never say no to him.

“Fine, you win. Come on, let’s finish eating and head off already,” I said and ate the last bit of my food. I started drinking my frappe macchiato while waiting for Tae. He’d already finished his banana milk, but his plate was still a third full.

When he finished eating, I went to settle the bill and we left for the aquarium.

We walked around, stopping at the dolphin exhibit since Taeminnie loves dolphins so much.

“They’re so pitiful in there. Dolphins’ nature is to explore the wide sea, not be kept inside these tanks for people to admire. I admit; I enjoy looking at dolphins. That doesn’t mean that I approve of them being kept in here!” he said, frustrated.

“If you hadn’t become an idol, you’d be a marine conversationalist. I swear you would,” I told him.

“Thanks, but no thanks. I love dolphins, but I love my current on-hiatus job more,” he grinned.

“Then let’s head somewhere,” I said and brought him to the souvenir shop.

When we first entered, my gaze landed on a certain stuffed toy and I immediately started walking towards the item. I picked it up and looked at it carefully for flaws. None.

“What’re you… A STUFFED DOLPHIN!” he exclaimed and grabbed the toy from me, hugging it tightly. “I want it! It’s not as if I don’t have one but this is so adorable!” Tae squealed. I smiled and took the toy back, going to pay for it right away.

“Here. Your belated birthday present, apart from me waking up,” I gave him a kiss on the lips. “Let’s go home now. I’m sure you’re tired,” I said and went back to the car park, holding Taeminnie's waist throughout the entire walk.

Once we went into the car, I turned the engine on and opened the door for Tae, dumping my backpack into the backseat of the car. I shut his door and went to the driver’s side of the car, getting in and closing the door.

“Just sleep. I’ll wake you up when we get back and I’ll call Jonghyun to pick his car up,” I told him and patted his shoulder reassuringly. He nodded, smiled, and rested his head against the chair, closing his eyes almost immediately.

After he fell asleep, I drove the car out of the car park and began the journey home.

 

It took me around an hour of driving to get home, but I’m glad that Taeminnie managed to get his sixty minutes’ worth of sleep. I woke him up and we went into the house to shower and everything. It was still pretty early so my parents weren’t back yet. Tae felt hungry though, and I know that instant food isn’t good for him, so I kind of ran to the restaurant nearby to get some food before returning, all in fifteen minutes.

Taeminnie ate and we turned the TV on to watch some dramas. We somehow flipped the channel to SBS and Running Man was on. Since we hadn’t watched the program in some while, we stayed on the channel to continue watching it while waiting for my parents.

When umma came back, she whipped up dinner and we waited for appa to get home before starting dinner. After dinner, Tae and I retired to our room for bed after telling my parents goodnight, completely worn out from the day’s outing. I already called Jonghyun to get his car tomorrow so there should be no problem.

Well, right now I just want to sleep. I pecked Taeminnie’s forehead and he smiled, saying goodnight to me before falling asleep. Not long later, I fell into my slumber as well. At least today was seemingly productive, I guess. Hopefully going to Yeowido will help me remember more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope this chapter was ok since I was rushing it ust minutes ago >< If it isn't up to standard, I'm sorry *bows*

At least I finally made Onew remember something :) And yeah, he'll remember more in the next chapter.

If I can't update next week, I'll try to do a double update the following week, ne? ^^

Alright, that's all from me for now. Annyeong! :D