Hospital

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(Continued)

 

—Onew’s POV—

Honestly, what just happened? Taeminnie saw Minho and had wanted to run back into the restaurant but that jerk caught up with us. Then I got engaged in a fistfight with him while Tae went to get help. Before I knew it, Key came along with a knife and started cutting Minho. Hyunseung was busy trying to get me out of the fight.

Once I was out, I begun to feel the pain on my elbow. I remember falling down earlier on after receiving a blow from Minho. I might have landed on my elbow a little roughly and dislocated it. Who really knows what happened?

Jonghyun left Key behind to send me to the hospital to get my elbow fixed. I hope that Sunggyu managed to get rid of Minho, or at least Key should be able to chase him away. I feel so sorry for the birthday boys, really. All they wanted was to celebrate their birthday. Aish.

On the car, Taeminnie was busy trying to distract me from the pain. I’m supposed to be taking care of him, not the other way round. Last year, I’d already caused him so much pain. Also, he waited for me for such a long time and this is all I can do to repay him.

I saw Tae mouthing curse words from the corner of my eye while he was busy my cheek, attempting to comfort me. Oh, how I want to be the one doing that. He doesn’t deserve to hurt so much over me. Also, it isn’t his damn fault! Why does he keep blaming himself?

I took in a deep breath and opened my mouth to speak, but Taeminnie put his finger over my lips. I’m not a little kid anymore! Sheesh. Idiot. Why can’t you see that I want to take care of you?

“Tae… It isn’t your fault that I’m in this situation. Seriously, it’s all Minho’s fault. Stop reproaching yourself cause I’ve told you, time and again, that it is definitely not your fault,” I insisted. He turned to look at me with watery eyes and my heart just shattered into pieces.

Ignoring the pain that was emanating from my elbow, and the fact that it was probably dislocated and a little hard to move, I drew Taeminnie into my arms and held him close to me. He curled up against my chest, beginning to cry. I understand that he’s frustrated by himself, so I’ll let him vent it all out. My injuries are minor. Tae is way more important. With the way my elbow was positioned right now, the hug looked weird. Oh well.

I shushed him constantly, rubbing his back in circles and pressing kisses onto him. After quite some time, his crying softened to sobbing. I thought he’d never stop crying! Thank god.

“Are you alright now?” I asked him and made him look me in the eye. He was still sniffling and his eyes were all puffy. Didn’t I mention before that he didn’t look very pretty when he cried? He still looks the prettiest when he’s happy.

He smiled weakly at me and nodded, but he knocked out on my chest a second later.

I shook him lightly, thinking that he must be playing a prank on me. He wasn’t.

“Taeminnie? Wake up. This isn’t funny,” I tried to sound as if I were laughing. My voice was quivering with fear for Tae and I looked at Jonghyun from the mirror.

“What happened?” he asked me worriedly. He has to keep his eyes on the road, so he can’t check on what just happened to Taeminnie. I looked at him, panic stricken.

“Tae just fainted,” I told him. He immediately understood what I meant and stepped on the accelerator harder, speeding up in order to get to the hospital. Why is our life so full of problems? Can’t we be like any other couple and live a peaceful life?

 

----------------------------------------

 

We were already pretty close to the hospital when Taeminnie fainted, so when we arrived there a few minutes later, I literally threw the door open and carried Tae in. I started barking orders at the nurse who was nearby, instructing her to get a stretcher and to find Dr. Kim Juhyeon. She did as told and brought a stretcher over immediately, requesting me to put Taeminnie down.

The moment I lay Tae on the stretcher, my elbow started hurting even more than before. I hadn’t thought about what lifting a pregnant person could do to aggravate my injury. Anyway, it isn’t the time to think about matters like this.

The nurse pushed Taeminnie into Dr. Kim’s office, where the doctor was busy sorting out some files. Once she laid her eyes on the unconscious Tae on the stretcher, she dumped all her files on her desk and shooed the nurse out, locking the door.

She demanded to know what had caused Taeminnie to faint and of course I answered her truthfully. I wouldn’t lie about anything right now.

“He was agitated by Minho, the bastard who impregnated him. Then I was injured too, and Tae was taking the blame although I told him not to. Also, he cried his eyes out earlier on when we were coming to the hospital. He was really upset and just couldn’t take it anymore,” I explained briefly. If I were to go through the long story, then it’ll never end.

Dr. Kim nodded and started checking on Taeminnie’s condition, even using the ultrasound to see if the triplets were alright. She said that Tae was in a slightly dangerous situation, him being a guy and all. He was to de-stress and not do anything for the next few days. Honestly, that’s what I feel too.

“Taemin fainted due to excessively built-up stress. If he didn’t have so much troubles weighing on him, he would be fine. As his fiancé, I suggest that you help him with whatever problems he has. He’s currently in his third trimester which is a very important period for him, understood? Ensure that this doesn’t happen again or he might go into premature labour. As it is, the triplets will be born slightly earlier due to the lack of space in Taemin’s womb,” she instructed.

Taeminnie was pushed to the side of the room to rest properly. Meanwhile, I continued the discussion for Tae’s sake. I’ll get the info that he needs. He probably hasn’t asked these questions before anyways, knowing his personality.

“Ne, Dr. Kim. Assuming that he won’t be too stressed, will he and the kids be fine? Is he still able to do natural childbirth?” I questioned. I know that this is what Taeminnie wants for his kids. He wants to be a real mother and go through natural labour.

She hesitated and sighed.

“It is possible, but frankly speaking, I didn’t tell him that it depends on the circumstances. For example, we have to do an ultrasound to make sure that the triplets are in the correct position for birth. Also, the labour cannot take too long or the third child may suffocate. The good thing is that we don’t have to ensure that Taemin’s dilation is at least 10cm since we’re going to cut his to the desired length. However, the other circumstances are highly possible,” she told me.

“So in the event that Tae’s water breaks and we rush to the hospital, will you still have to go through the procedures?” I asked. She looked at me as if I was a retard.

“Of course! We’ll go through the scan quickly and check if natural birth is possible. If it is, we’ll begin preparing Taemin straight away. As a guy, he shouldn’t be taking too long. Half a day, at most,” she said and my eyes widened. Half a day?!

“How can childbirth take so long?” I asked in surprise. She looked as if she wanted to face palm herself and sighed deeply. Hey, sorry I don’t take biology.

“The standard first birth will take twelve hours to two days. However, that’s usually because a woman needs to wait till her dilation is at least 10cm. In the case of people such as Taemin, he may require as long because he is carrying triplets. I believe that he will have given birth to all three triplets by two and a half hours, give or take an hour,” she estimated.

How does anyone know so much? Bloody hell, she’s smart. Then again, she’s an obstetrician for a reason. Let’s see… if Taeminnie takes an hour and a half to give birth to the first child, he’d take around half an hour for the other two each. That seems kind of long to me, but if he wants to, it’s his choice.

“Thank you, Dr. Kim. Sorry for taking up so much of your time. May Tae stay here for a while? I have to fix my elbow,” I requested rather awkwardly, remembering about my own injuries. She scanned me quickly and nodded.

“You go and get yourself some medical assistance. They should be able to get you cleaned up in a while. I’ll stay here with Taemin,” she assured me. I bowed in gratitude and went out of her office to find Dr. Jang. He should be free… right?

 

-------------------------------------

 

I ran into Jonghyun on the way out and asked him to accompany Taeminnie while I went to fix myself up. Jonghyun agreed without hesitation and went to Dr. Kim’s office. On the other hand, I was already at the door of Dr. Jang’s office, knocking on it lightly.

I heard the faint voice that told me to come in, recognizing it as Dr. Jang’s. I twisted the doorknob and walked into the room. Dr. Jang was sitting at his table, looking through patients’ files on his computer. He looked up to see who it was that came in and jumped in his seat when he saw what a bloody mess I am.

“Oh my… Onew, what happened to you?” he asked and directed me over to the couch. I explained the whole story to him as he was cleaning my wounds. When I was done explaining, he stepped away from me and looked me over.

“And you said that your elbow is injured?” he asked. I nodded and pointed to my right elbow. He sighed, going over to his desk to look for some things. I saw that he’d taken out some anesthetic and bandages, and he’d also called a nurse in to help.

I heard the door open behind me and instinctively turned around to look at who it was. It was Mrs. Kim, yet again. I always seem to run into her while I come here. On the bright side, it isn’t umma. Taeminnie’s umma, not mine. If she knows what Tae’s condition is, she’d fly into a rage and literally murder Minho.

“Jinki? You’re the person who dislocated your elbow?” she asked. I smiled meekly at her, rubbing the nape of my neck awkwardly and nodded.

“Tae’s here too. I mean he fainted,” I told her. “But don’t tell umma! As in his umma.”

She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“When have I ever told Mrs. Lee about things like this? I know her temper. Ok, Dr. Jang, fix his elbow so that I can cast it,” she ended our conversation and got back to business. Dr. Jang nodded and came over to inject the anesthetic in my arm, waiting for a few minutes to let the effect spread.

“Can you feel your elbow’s pain?” he asked.  I moved my elbow around and surprisingly, there was nothing! I shook my head and he nodded, instructing me to brace myself for any pain that was to come. I gritted my teeth and waited, shutting my eyes tightly. I waited, and waited, and…

“AHHHHHH!” I screamed when Dr. Jang suddenly twisted my elbow back into place. I know I might have broken my wrist before, but this pain is a lot more excruciating, even with the anesthetic still coursing through my veins.

Thankfully, the pain was over in seconds and Mrs. Kim came over to put a cast on my arm. It’s heavy… Damn, now how do I go out? Curse you, Minho.

It took pretty long for Mrs. Kim to put the cast on me, and Dr. Jang was busy ensuring that I had no other injuries. Once they were done – I took nearly two hours! – I headed back to find Taeminnie after thanking the two.

When I walked back into Dr. Kim’s office, Tae was already awake and talking to Jonghyun. Meanwhile, Dr. Kim wasn’t in here anymore. She must have gone to check on her other patients. Taeminnie can’t be the only one.

I pulled a chair over to where the other two were and sat down. Tae looked at me and jumped for joy, squealing like mad and hugging me in a literal bone-crushing hug. I smiled, knowing that he needed this to make himself feel better. But ugh, the cast is really annoying now.

He broke the hug and took a glance at my casted arm. I saw him Taeminnie trembling and knew that he was going to break down again, so I hugged him with my left arm and patted his back, telling him that it was going to be fine. Well, this is an awkward way to hug your fiancé.

“Hyung, why do I always seem to be causing you to get hurt?” Tae sobbed. I looked at Jonghyun and he got my message, excusing himself quietly. When Jonghyun was out, I pulled Taeminnie up so that he was looking at me.

“I’ve told you before, it isn’t your fault! Didn’t I cause you to get injured before too? You know, where you fractured your shin,” I reminded him. I his hair back and held him to me again, sighing heavily. “You know it isn’t your fault,” I repeated.

“Even so, you’re injured cause of me. Minho was looking for me, not you,” he persisted in blaming himself and honestly, I felt the urge to slap some sense into him.

“Would we be together if I hadn’t proposed? Or rather, if I’d never confessed at all?” I asked. I remember all that now. If you ask me to think about it, I’d say I can remember everything.

He shook his head reluctantly, knowing that I was right. I smiled in satisfaction and broke the hug, holding his wrist out so that I could see the charm bracelet. Next year, I would custom-make a charm of a dolphin. I’m determined to fill this bracelet with things that Tae loves.

“Come on, I’m sure we should go and meet the others somewhere. I’d bet that Key’s done with beating that bastard up,” I told him and stood up, putting the chair back in its original place. Taeminnie stood up as well, swaying slightly due to fainting earlier on. I put my left arm around his shoulder and held him to my side.

We met Jonghyun outside the hospital, getting into his car and driving back to Idae.

On the way there, Taeminnie called Sungjong to check on the current situation. Apparently Minho was probably going to have to get medical assistance as soon as possible, and that they’d sent him off in an ambulance happily. Key wasn’t that badly injured, with the exception of some bruises. The others were relatively safe, but Sunggyu had gotten hit at some point in time.

The car ride took almost an hour – the hospital was far – and I fell asleep with Tae resting on my shoulder. I feel so bad for Jonghyun since he’s probably exhausted by all this ruckus but he doesn’t really have any choice but to stay awake and drive.

Would this get on the news? So many of us were seen, and I’m sure the general public who were there would be really curious as to why SHINee’s leader and visual would be fighting openly in public. I wonder if the company can get us out of this.

This isn’t the time to bother anyway. I deserve a good sleep after all that . Hwaiting, Jonghyun. Don’t fall asleep too and end up killing us, ne?

 

---------------------------------------

 

We were back at the restaurant. Well, not really. The others had told us to meet them in the café beside the subway station. Apparently many people had been following them after Minho was taken away in the ambulance, so they had been running for cover for half an hour.

I sat down on a chair beside Taeminnie and ordered a cup of mocha. As usual, Tae wasn’t allowed to drink caffeine, so he ordered a cup of green tea. On the other hand, Jonghyun ordered a cup of Americano. We looked at the others and waited for them to give us an overview of what happened after we left for the hospital.

“Basically Key was literally slashing Minho with the knife that he’d grabbed from the table. After Minho could no longer take the pain and blood loss, we called an ambulance and formulated a story. The rest of them just went along with it and Minho fainted, so he couldn’t say anything,” Sunggyu said. Key grinned when the part where he slashed Minho was mentioned. He’s sadistic.

“I liked it though I wonder how we’ll face him later on,” Key mentioned and looked at Jonghyun. Then he turned to face me.

“What?” I asked. What could I have that he needs from me?

“Can we stay at your place?” he asked. I stared at him, wide-eyed, and started shaking my head furiously. Key would just break me down over the next two months!

“Onew, are you sure you don’t want to let Jonghyun and Key stay at your place? I mean you guys are still band mates,” Doojoon told me. I shook my head again in disagreement.

“That may be so, but you don’t know what Key could do to my mental health. I might just go mad,” I retorted and looked over at Key. I sensed Taeminnie staring at me and I turned around to look at him nervously. He was mad. Beyond mad, even. Tae is very, very pissed off.

“Hyung, just let Key umma and Jonghyun hyung stay over. I’ll keep him in check,” he assured me, but I could hear the underlying meaning behind his calm tone. In reality, what he wanted to say was ‘You’d better let Key umma stay over or that’s it. You’re screwed when we get back, I swear.’

I sighed and knew that I would make a decision that I’d soon regret.

“Fine.”

Taeminnie clapped happily and pecked me on the cheek, thanking me and squealing together with Key at the prospect of staying together again. When I made eye contact with Jonghyun, I could see myself reflected in his expression. We’re both going to be through a hell lot the next two months.

“What are your plans? I mean even if you manage to get away from Minho, don’t you think that he’d be able to find you again? You guys don’t change hiding places,” Sungyeol pointed out.

“At most, we’ll just rent a room somewhere. It’s not as if we don’t have the money for it. Even if we don’t, I’m sure our parents are more than glad to help,” Key said and shrugged.

“Let’s hope you’re right. Minho is a dangerous guy,” Dongwoon warned. Yeah, we know. He helped to run me over and just caused my arm to be broken.

“Anyway, what do you think the fans will think? That SHINee has some internal problems and that’s why they haven’t been on any form of media? Or that maybe Infinite and SHINee have some issues with each other? ‘Maybe B2ST is part of the conflict too’,” Myungsoo made air quotes and groaned.

“We’re in big trouble aren’t we?” Hoya asked rhetorically and we all sighed. We sure are.

“Even if our companies bail us out of this, there will be photos and stuff like that posted for sure. I know that there were people taking photos, from what I saw,” Junhyung stated. We sighed again, thinking of a way to explain what happened.

“I feel sorry for you guys though. I mean Minho just refuses to back off, doesn’t he?” Sungjong asked. Tae nodded and rested his chin on his hands.

“He doesn’t understand the meaning of ‘I hate you’. I don’t even know how we managed to stand him in the past. Maybe he didn’t show anything for me, so I could still stand him,” Taeminnie said.

In time, what was meant to be a discussion became a complain session about Minho. There were comments like ‘He isn’t even that hot!’, ‘What do the fans see in him?’, ‘He’s such a jerk!’ and many other more detailed comments that I can’t be bothered to list out.

After everything was over, we dispersed and started heading home. Jonghyun called Gyeongshik hyung to ask whether Minho was fine. We have to fake some concern so that it isn’t too obvious that we were the cause of his injuries. Quite sadly, Choi Jin hyung took over and started reprimanding us, telling us that we shouldn’t have done such a horrible thing.

Once Choi Jin hyung was done, CEO Kim took over and started a full-out verbal attack on us. He said that he didn’t care about our whereabouts anymore, but because of us, Minho has to go for surgery to get rid of the scars. As the visual, he couldn’t have any sort of scars marring his ‘flawless’ skin. When he said that, all four of us rolled our eyes and suppressed a groan.

We faked a few ‘sincere’ apologies and told him that we were really repentant. After we ended the call, knowing that Minho wouldn’t be back yet, we went to the dorm. I haven’t been there since I’ve woken up so yeah, it’s been long.

 

------------------------------------

 

Back at the dorm, I was resting comfortably on the couch with Tae. Key was busy throwing tons of his clothes into a luggage, and he had a backpack for his cosmetics. On the other hand, Jonghyun just picked out some of the clothes that he wore often and dumped them into a bag messily.

The moment they were done, we went out of the dorm as quickly as possible. I’m surprised that Minho even took so long to get back since Key spent a lot of time getting all his stuff. He claimed that he couldn’t leave anything in the hands of a bastard like Minho.

We got back into Jonghyun’s car and started on the journey to my place. I don’t understand why Key didn’t go to his or Jonghyun’s place. Well, I do admit that Key’s place is a little far from mine. I get the point that he wants to be close to Taeminnie, but my place, really? Minho would come looking for us; I don’t doubt that at all.

This time, I drove with my left arm. It was pretty difficult but I wanted Jonghyun to get some rest. He isn’t our chauffeur. I feel really bad when he has to drive us around. When we were halfway there, Jonghyun took over, saying that I shouldn’t really be driving with an injured arm.

I switched seats and moved to the back, letting Tae rest against me instead of on Jonghyun. Key was still in the front and Jonghyun started the car again. I called my umma to tell her that JongKey were going to stay over for some time, then I texted appa to inform him as well.

When we got home, Taeminnie and I went to bathe. Tae had to help me since I couldn’t wet my cast. As for him, I tried my best to scrub his legs and back well with only my left hand to use. After we were done, Jonghyun went to bathe with Key and I’d bet that they’ll end up making out.

At night, we ate dinner with my parents and explained the situation to them. Frankly speaking, I haven’t seen appa so mad in such a long time. He was really angry that Minho refused to leave us alone and said that he’d go and file for a restraining order on the weekend. We laughed at first, but the laughter died down when we realised that he wasn’t joking.

After dinner, Taeminnie and I returned to our room. Tae fainted earlier on, remember? I told him about everything that Dr. Kim said, from why he fainted to the part about natural childbirth. He was a little sad about the fact that he might not be able to give birth naturally but accepted it.

Once I finished passing the message to him, he yawned and stretched slightly, saying goodnight to me and turning the lights off. I lay down beside him, pulling the blanket up for both of us and letting myself sleep as well. It’d be hard to sleep with my cast tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

I have no clue about what I wrote for the A/N for this chappie :/

Well you get the point right? Anyways, next chappie coming up right after this ^^