Close shave

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(A few days later)

 

—Onew’s POV—

I was at Dongdaemun with JongKey and Taeminnie. Why? Cause they finally decided that we should buy some stuff for the triplets. After all, they’re due in another fifteen weeks or so. We might as well prepare all their bottles and clothes.

Heechul hyung bought some stuff for Tae already, apparently. We headed over to the maternity section of the department store and Taeminnie pulled his beanie down. He had put some extensions on so that he would look more like a woman and no one would suspect that he was pregnant. He was wearing this maternity dress that umma had given him, so people didn’t even spare him a second glance.

Key, on the other hand, decided to cross-dress. He was dressed in a, well, a dress. He wore this pair of heels that was borrowed from Sulli and he carried a handbag, but that was his. Like Tae, he was wearing extensions and a beanie to block his face.

Jonghyun and I were just dressed normally, but we wore caps to block people’s view of our face. I wore my geek specs while he wore shades. We purposely dressed a little shabbily so that we wouldn’t be seen as idols, but as some commoners.

“Taeja,” I called. That was Taeminnie’s ‘girl’ name in a variety show we once went on.

“Ne, oppa?” he turned to me and questioned.

I held up a maternity dress and compared it against his body, nodding to myself. “I like this dress. It isn’t like other maternity dresses that always seem to have some flower prints,” I told him.

“Well it looks fine. Should I try it?” Tae asked.

“Yup! I’ll help you,” I grinned cheekily and dragged him into a changing room with me.

“Yah, hyung! We’ll help you search for some baby stuff,” Jonghyun shouted to me. I thanked him and locked the changing room door.

“Hyung,” Taeminnie sighed and looked at me. “Do you think I’m fat?” he asked a little sadly. “That’s what everyone’s been saying. I mean they think I don’t hear them, but I do…”

“Sure, you’re fat,” I told him. “But by that, I meant your kindness. You’re such a kind person and you never ever seem to be able to hold grudges. So yes, your kindness is fat,” I ended.

“Thanks hyung,” he said sincerely and stripped himself of his maternity dress. I helped him to pull the other dress over his head and down to his knees.

He turned to face the mirror and I did as well. “You look good,” I remarked.

“Really? Personally, I love this dress too. I’ve always liked simple things, and white just so happens to be my favourite colour,” he said and grinned. “I’m buying this.”

I helped him change back before we stepped out of the changing room and put the maternity dress into a basket which I carried. We spotted JongKey by the baby clothes and headed towards them.

“Hey Taeja, how’d you think this would look? I tried my best to find different sets of nice baby girl clothes so you wouldn’t mix them up, but this was the best I could do. I doubt they’d want to share clothes, so we’ll find some more somewhere else later,” Key said and held up four sets of girl clothes. It seemed to look pretty… adorable. Kekeke. Oh god I’m a pedo.

“They look wonderful, umma. But this one looks a little…” Tae trailed off, not knowing what word to use to describe the uniquely designed shirt.

“See oppa? I told you it looks weird!” Key exclaimed and returned the set of clothes.

“On the bright side, I think we just have to find about two more sets of boy clothes,” Key said as he returned, pointing at the three sets that he already found.

“Whoa. Yeah, and even if we need more, we can just buy it another day,” I agreed.

“Let’s go pay for these and go eat something. I’m hungry,” Taeminnie pouted. I pinched his adorable puffed-up cheeks and held his hand as I walked over to the counter with the dress. JongKey followed behind us with the baby clothes. Obviously, Jonghyun carried everything.

As I put the dress on the countertop, the employee stared at my ring.

“Sir, that’s one interesting ring you have there,” she commented. Although I hardly remember anyone, I could tell that her voice was seemingly familiar. A voice that I didn’t hear often, but I’ve heard it at least five times.

“Yeah, it’s custom-made for my yeobo,” I smiled at her and pointed to Tae.

“That’s sweet of you. Are you guys paying together?” she asked, referring to JongKey.

“Ne… noona?!” Jonghyun seemed shocked. Noona? His elder sister was this lady?

“I thought she looked familiar,” Taeminnie commented. “Hi, Mihyun noona.”

“Taemin? You’re… pregnant?” she questioned. Tae was at a loss on how to answer, so his Key umma did it for him.

“Ne, Mihyun noona. Taeminnie is an interual, so he can have and make babies. Please don’t tell anyone and if you could, delete the security video that was just recorded,” Key requested.

“No problem. But I’ve never expected… no wonder he clicks so well with girls,” she said. “Just wait here, I’ll go delete that video recording right now,” she excused herself and went to the back.

“Luckily Mihyun noona knows that this must never be leaked,” Taeminnie heaved a sigh of relief.

“I didn’t remember her, but I recognized her voice,” I told them.

“Jinjja? That’s great, hyung!” Tae exclaimed happily. “You’re beginning to remember more and more things!” he said and hugged me excitedly.

Mihyun noona returned a few moments later. “Done. Now let me scan all those,” she said, with the gait of a professional. She wasn’t in the least affected by what she just found out.

“Well, Jonghyun, umma expects to meet Key again by the end of the month, arasso? You haven’t been home since June for god’s sake!” she told him, feeling frustrated.

“Sorry noona. I’ll do that then,” Jonghyun apologised sheepishly.

“See you again!” she waved to us as we left the store. We went to search for a certain restaurant, Chicken’s Place! One of my most favourite chicken restaurants ever!

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

As we were shown to the VIP room – I have a platinum membership card, remember? – I started ordering some food. Umma had reminded me, earlier in the morning, to bring some strawberries and cheese with me. Kimchi was a given in Korea, so I didn’t have to bring that.

However, I was scared that the strawberries would have spoilt, so I bought some right before we came to eat here. Good thing, too. I could hear Taeminnie whining about his side-dishes.

I set the boxes onto the table in front of Tae, opening them up for him to see their contents. Immediately, his face brightened up.

“Thanks oppa!” Taeminnie exclaimed, remembering that we were in a public place.

The food arrived about ten minutes after we placed our orders. I had four dishes in front of me – considered quite few for someone like me. Tae had three bowls, also considered quite few. On a regular basis, I remember that he could eat two bowls. Now that he’s pregnant with triplets, he only eats an extra bowl?

Key only ordered one dish, claiming that he was on a diet. Jonghyun ordered two, just in case Key got hungry and gives up on his supposed diet.

“What have you guys been doing since after the party? Besides shopping, of course,” I asked the couple. They shrugged, deciding to swallow before speaking.

“Mr. Kim Youngmin asked us where Taemin was staying. The hospital’s also contacted the company and told him that hyung’s awake. Sorry, Taemin. I’ll try to negotiate with Youngmin hyung to let you rest more after giving birth,” Key told Taeminnie.

“Thanks Key umma. Let’s just eat. I’m starved!” Tae whined and continued to eat. I attempted to keep up some sort of a conversation while Taeminnie completely pulled himself out of it, only focusing on eating his chicken.

When we were done, I went to pay. Then we left to find another maternity store. We had tons to buy, and only three months to do so.

Jonghyun decided that we would need prams, and as much as I hate two-sitter prams, we had to get one for the girls. I mean sure, Minho would get the boy, so the boy would only need a one-sitter pram, but since OnTae would be taking the girls, we need a two-sitter. Sigh.

Fortunately, we only took around ten minutes to locate a baby store and we went in. Poor Jonghyun was having a tough time carrying all the clothes. Sure, it was light, but that didn’t mean that it was easy to carry bulky bags.

Taeminnie and Key went to the clothing section right away. Why am I not surprised?

“Hyung, let’s just go and sit there. They’ll choose the prams too. We’re just here to carry the stuff for them. I feel like a labour worker,” he complained and plopped down onto one of the chairs. I saw no harm in doing so, so I sat down as well.

In the end, we were caught by Key who accused us of being lazy asses.

“Oppas! How could you sit here and let Taeja and I do all the work? Hmph,” Key huffed and stomped off to find Tae. Jonghyun sighed and, being the caring boyfriend he was, chased after Key. Naturally, I had to go and find Taeminnie too.

“Taeja-yah~,” I called out. Tae spun around and grinned.

“Yah, oppa, what do you think of this? It’s for the girls,” Taeminnie asked me while holding up two sets of baby girl clothes. I thought about it for a moment.

“It looks good. But that one seems a little bright. It’s too eye-catchy. I don’t need our daughter being by some weird pedo, ne?” I told him seriously. He eyed the set that I was talking about and returned it to the rack.

“I agree,” Tae said and placed the other set in the basket. From what I saw, we were probably done with shopping for boy clothes. Now all we had to do was to find a total of another four sets of girl clothes. I wonder how long that’s going to take. I mean we have three months, but Taeminnie doesn’t like to drag things. That way, we’ll have more time to make sure that we have everything.

“Well we’ve looked through most of the racks, so let’s go find some more girl clothes! We need two sets of clothes for each of the girls. That means four sets, oppa,” Tae sighed. I picked up the basket on the floor and held his right hand while walking to the counter.

The shop employee helped us to scan all the clothes and thanked us before we left. Technically, we just went to the seats that Jonghyun and I were at and rested while waiting for the couple.

Before I knew it, Taeminnie’s head hit my shoulder lightly and I could hear soft snores coming from him. I’ll just let him rest here for a while then.

About ten minutes later or so, JongKey appeared in front of me with another bag.

“Mittens,” Key mouthed and I nodded.

“Should I wake Tae up?” I whispered. Key shook his head. Then he took out his phone and started texting someone. As soon as he hit send, my phone started vibrating.

 

{From: Diva Key

Hyung, Jjong and I will be heading to another shop to find prams. Call us when Taeminnie wakes up and we’ll tell you where to meet us. See you later! :)

To: Onew ♥ Tae}

 

I looked at him and nodded. They walked off, Jonghyun leaving a bag or two with me. Damn you lazy Kim Jonghyun! I don’t want to carry more things!

I might as well get some shut eye too, right? Thus, I rested my head on top of Taeminnie’s and let myself sleep for a while. Unknowingly, my arm wrapped around his body protectively.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

I woke up when I almost fell off my seat. Why?

When Tae woke up, his head hit mine and my body tilted towards the right. I had a freaking mini heart attack from almost dying.

Taeminnie yawned and looked at me, fixing his hair.

“How long was I asleep?” he asked me groggily. I checked my phone and realised that we’ve been sleeping here for almost 45 minutes! It was 3.17pm now and I wonder where the heck Jonghyun and Key are. Or rather, I wonder if they’re still in this mall.

“45 minutes. I’ll call Key now,” I announced and dialed the familiar number. I heard the ringing tone twice and Key already picked up.

“Ne? You guys are awake?” he asked.

“Yeah. Where are you?”

Key told me their current location and I picked up and bags, held Tae’s hand, and went off to find them. It can’t be that hard to find a store on the second floor, right?

Well, I was wrong.

We spent ten minutes looking for the couple. I don’t know why, but we walked past the shop that they were in TWICE, but we didn’t even notice it.

We finally walked into the shop and found them.

“What took you so long?” Key demanded impatiently. Diva mode, activated.

“It’s like this. It’s quite funny, actually. We got lost,” Taeminnie laughed awkwardly and I joined him in his awkward laughter. Key narrowed his eyes.

“Fine. Come help me choose prams,” he ordered and we followed him to where Jonghyun was.

We saw Jonghyun staring at the rack that was full of prams. Most of them were two-sitter prams. There were some that looked quite pretty, actually.

“Since we’ve decided to get one two-sitter pram and a one-sitter pram, we decided to choose the one-sitter pram first. There’s three types,” Key pointed them out.

There was the side-by-side pram, the front-and-back pram, and the above-and-below pram.

“The above-and-below one looks a little dangerous. I mean our daughters can’t be that heavy, but what if it somehow spoils and the girl on top falls on the girl below? They’ll both get injured,” I thought. I was just worried for them.

In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve used the term ‘our daughter’ twice. Yes, I don’t care about who fathered them. To me, since Tae decided that we, OnTae, would take the girls, they’re my daughters. Frankly speaking, I don’t mind being the ‘dad’ for the boy as well.

“But you know that they built these things to be safe, right?” Key asked me incredulously.

“Yeah, oppa knows, but accidents happen and he doesn’t want anything to happen to the girls,” Taeminnie backed me up and smiled at me. “Thanks for being so thoughtful, oppa.”

“Then between these two, choose,” Key pointed at the remaining two choices.

“I’d take the side-by-side one,” Tae and I said at the same time. We turned to each other and hi-fived, grinning at how synchronized we were.

“Why?” Jonghyun asked curiously.

“Cause the side-by-side pram allows both of them to get equal amount of Vitamin D,” I explained. Taeminnie nodded in agreement with my reasoning.

“The front-and-back pram only allows whoever’s at the front to get Vitamin D. That’s unfair to the other girl who’s going to be at the back,” Tae added when Jonghyun seemed a little confused.

“Then you guys choose a pram. Jjong and I are going to find more girl clothes. We’ve already found a one-sitter pram. It’s this one. They’ll send it over to your place in a day or two,” Key told us, pointing at one of the one-sitter prams.

We nodded and the couple left to find clothes. Meanwhile, Taeminnie and I pondered over which pram to get. This shouldn’t take too long.

After a few minutes, we decided on one of the prams. Basically, it was navy blue in colour. It had a roof that could be kept, just like any other pram. And also, like any other pram, it had a compartment below it that could store necessities like diapers and baby wipes.

After requesting for the shop employee to deliver it to my place and paying for the two prams, we went to get JongKey.

Amazingly, Key had managed to find four sets of girl clothes within the few minutes that we took. And the truth is, they all looked awesome!

We paid for the few items and decided to buy some snacks before heading over to my place and resting. After that, JongKey would return to the dorm and face Minho, as usual.

We headed to the supermarket downstairs and guess who we saw? CEO Kim Youngmin.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

We were now in some deserted corner of the basement level, praying hard that CEO Kim wouldn’t find us. I mean sure, the hospital told him that I’m awake, but that doesn’t mean that he can force us to work if he can’t find us, right?

I heard a few faint footsteps and I gulped, holding my breath.

Beside me, Tae was panicking and nearly crying. I had to hug him tightly – yet carefully – to calm him down. Key was patting Taeminnie’s back softly while Jonghyun kept a lookout.

Suddenly, we heard a voice. A voice that none of us wanted to hear.

“Jonghyun, is that you?” CEO Kim asked.

Key shooed Jonghyun out, hoping that he could distract CEO Kim while we made our escape.

Jonghyun left all the clothes and baby stuff that we bought on the floor, where CEO Kim shouldn’t have been able to see him.

“Ne, Mr. Kim. I was here with my noona. She told me to wait here but she seems to have disappeared. Let me just call her,” Jonghyun lied and dialed his ‘noona’s’ number.

“Noona, where are you? Oh, really? I’ll go find you then. How could you have dumped me at that corner of the mall? Yeah,” Jonghyun said, sounding annoyed, before he ended the call.

“So where’s your noona?” CEO Kim asked suspiciously.

“She’s working now. It seems that she forgot to tell me when her boss called her back. I’m just going to find her now,” Jonghyun said and began to text someone.

“Do you need me to accompany you?” CEO Kim asked. Jonghyun nodded and thanked him before they both left the area. Before leaving, CEO Kim glanced at our direction. He still seemed unconvinced by Jonghyun’s acting, but he had no other choice.

Once they were in a lift, we came out of our hiding place and hurried out of the mall, into a cab. Jonghyun couldn’t drive us now, since he had to distract the CEO.

We got onto the cab and heaved a huge sigh of relief.

“Stupid Mr. Kim Youngmin. What was he trying to do? Make me go into premature labour? Pregnant people are not supposed to have panic attacks!” Tae threw his hands into the air in frustration.

“Calm down. At least he didn’t find out anything,” Key reminded Taeminnie. That seemed to work well enough and he simmered down.

“Gyeonggi-do,” I told the cab driver. The man nodded and started towards my place. It was a 50-minute ride back and Taeminnie fell asleep on my shoulder.

When we walked into my house, Jonghyun wasn’t there yet. Well I mean he did have to lead CEO Kim away from us. He should be here in a half hour.

After we settled down on the couch, I decided to get some drinks. As usual, my house was stocked with banana milk for Tae. I got some chocolate milk for Key and myself. I also took some strawberries and cheese out for Taeminnie.

“Hyung, can I get out of this dress now? It’s a little weird to keep all this makeup and stuff on when we don’t have to hide,” Tae stated, matter-of-factly. I turned to look at Key and we just shrugged.

“Sure. I’ll help you,” I volunteered. What can I say? I love seeing Taeminnie’s body, pregnant or not. No, I’m not a ert. I’m just deeply in love, ok?

We headed to my room where all of Tae’s clothes were. I selected an oversized tee and a pair of stretchable shorts. I pulled the tee over Taeminnie’s head while he put the pants on himself. He claimed that he didn’t want to be too dependent on me.

We then proceeded to removing all the makeup that Key had painstakingly put for Taeminnie this morning. We also removed Tae’s extensions.

When we returned downstairs about ten minutes later, we saw Jonghyun sitting with Key on the couch, just stoning there.

“Jonghyun, so what happened?” I asked. He looked at me and sighed.

“Well it’s a good thing that my noona can act as if we were actually shopping together. Mr. Kim was

completely attacking me with questions. But I managed to make an escape quite quickly,” Jonghyun smiled victoriously.

“Jonghyun hyung, do you need me to get you any drinks? After all, it was because of us that you had to lie to your noona and Mr. Kim,” Tae offered. He felt guilty that Jonghyun had to distract the CEO for us and make up some story with his noona.

Jonghyun shook his head politely.

“Don’t worry. I offered to help out anyway. I’m quite curious about how Onew hyung managed to bring everything back though,” Jonghyun looked at me.

“It took a little longer to get down and into a cab but we did it anyway,” I told him.

For the next hour or two, we just sat there and chatted. I can’t believe we had such a close shave with the CEO. Why on earth would he have been shopping at Dongdaemun? Doesn’t SM Ent have anything to manage anymore?

When it was 4.30pm, Key decided that he had to return to the dorm and cook something for Minho. No matter how much we hated him, it was a fact that SHINee has been together for five years already, including trainee years. Yes, I remember everything about that now. I can even remember most of our choreography. Maybe I need some practice, but I know the dances roughly.

Right now, the only thing I don’t remember is my relationship with Taeminnie. Sure, I’m very confident that we’re together, but what happened while we were together for the past two years? Where did we go? What did we do?

I sent JongKey to the door and bid them goodbye. All of the baby stuff was at my house now. It’s a good thing we have a spare room in here.

After they left, I went back to the couch where Tae was watching Music Core. Right now, B2ST was on with their latest song. I could see the sad smile on his face and I put my arm around his shoulder.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be able to perform like that soon. I know you don’t want to go back to the industry so soon after giving birth, but Jonghyun said that he would help you plead with the CEO didn’t he?” I assured Taeminnie.

“I know, but what if he insists? I don’t want to have so little time to spend with my triplets,” Tae rubbed him belly and sighed. I frowned at him.

“Yah, remember what Dr. Kim told you? She mentioned that pregnant people can’t be upset, right? So stop whining about this small matter. We’ll get through all this, I promise,” I told Taeminnie. I was stubborn, but now was the time to make use of that stubbornness.

He nodded at me but didn’t seem convinced. This is the best that I can do.

“Let’s bathe,” I said. Tae looked at me as if I were mad.

“What the hell, hyung?” he asked me. I shrugged.

“Since you’re so depressed now, I decided that we should do something to get your mind off things,” I explained and turned the TV off before pulling Taeminnie to the toilet.

We took a shower together before going to nap. Umma was going to be back to prepare dinner soon. Before then, Tae and I could rest. Today’s shopping took a toll on both of us, especially Taeminnie.

When umma woke us up, we went down for dinner and talked with my parents about what we did today. Umma seemed glad that we had the foresight to prepare early.

After dinner, we just watched TV again – no more music and variety shows – before Taeminnie and I went to brush our teeth and head to bed for the night.

Next week, we would be preparing for Niel’s birthday surprise. The Teen Top members were almost done planning it. SHINee minus Minho would be going, as well as Infinite and Boyfriend. I have no idea what they’re planning, but Niel’s birthday was to be celebrated a day earlier. On the actual day, Thursday, Teen Top would celebrate his birthday again with just cake. That was just for the media and their twitter though. They wouldn’t post pictures from the celebration with us.

I’ll see you guys a week later. Bye!

 

 

 

 

   

So here's Chapter 12 for you guys~

Onew almost got caught by the CEO o.O

Well it's a good thing Jjong thinks fast then :)

Next chappie probably gonna be out next week?   

See you guys then and COMMENT ><