Preparations

Just to let you know, I love you too...

(A few days later, Party D-Day)

 

—Taemin’s POV—

Annyeong people!

Hyung was discharged three days ago and he’s been sleeping in his room with me. Hehehe. The thing is… he kind of got a headache on the day that he got back. We also have to go back to the hospital fortnightly for hyung’s check-ups.

Both Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung’s arms are still injured and bandaged. According to Jonghyun hyung, Key umma asked what happened and he just said that he accidentally got cut while trying to protect an innocent person.

He lied to Key umma, kind of. He didn’t say that I was that innocent person. Also, he couldn’t have mentioned that Onew hyung was already awake since Key umma wasn’t allowed to know about Onew hyung being awake just yet.

On the bright side, I can have my check-ups with hyung! The good thing is that both of our check-ups have to be done fortnightly, so it’s really a whole lot more convenient.

So it’s 7am and I’m already awake. Why? Let me just say that yesterday, I went to watch a movie with hyung. Obviously we didn’t go to a public cinema. Nope, appa rented a few discs for us to watch and one of them just so happened to be a horror film.

Appa does know that hyung is super scared of horror films, but he wanted to jolt a memory. Any memory. I remember that Victoria noona once brought hyung to watch a horror film and hyung was scarred. Till this day, I question why hyung even went.

Anyways, we watched the horror film at around 9pm. I didn’t want to watch at midnight cause that would’ve been too late for me. It was the last movie that appa had rented – we watched ten movies over two days – and we would have gone to sleep at around 11pm.

However…

 

[Flashback]

It was 9pm and I had just put the disc for the horror film into the DVD player. Apparently, hyung was chatting with appa and didn’t realise what sort of movie it was. I doubt he knows about his fear of horror films anyway.

The warnings and whatnot played and then it went to the scene selection. I pressed play and waited for the movie to begin.

Once the eerie music started to flow out of the speakers, I swear hyung cursed and turned to look at the TV screen warily. Then he realised what we were watching.

“KYAA! I don’t want to watch this!” he screeched and pulled a cushion to himself, using it to cover his eyes. He then managed to block his ears with his fingers was well.

Appa turned to me, raising a brow. Hyung has never been so spooked by a horror film before, regardless of how creepy it was. This is strange.

I paused the movie and turned to hyung, tugging at the cushion lightly to get him to let go.

“Hyung, it’s not playing. You can open your eyes,” I told him and pulled the cushion with more force. He gripped onto the cushion with a death grip, refusing to let go.

After ten minutes of persuading him, he finally released his grip on the cushion.

It was just then that he noticed what film it was. I’m guessing that it’s the one he watched with noona the other time, since he started talking about how he’s watched it before.

Then? He fainted.

Appa, despite his old bones, managed to get hyung back into bed with umma’s help. They told me to get some sleep as well, knowing that it was pointless to watch the movie without hyung.

I snuggled into the warm bed, lying beside hyung, and I quickly dozed off as well.

[End of flashback]

 

Yeah, that’s why I slept early and woke early.

I turned to my side slightly and brushed hyung’s bangs away from his forehead. Oh how I’ve missed sleeping beside him everyday, just like when we were still staying in the dorm a year plus ago. What? My bed used to be right beside his, ok?

I decided to get up and wash up. I’d bet umma is already preparing for the party. When hyung was discharged, umma and appa bought party stuff and brought it home before we got back. It should be for today’s party.

Umma took some chicken and tons of other meat with her since she is a butcher after all.

Once I finished washing up and changing, I went downstairs where umma was. I heard the sizzling of pans and woks and I could pretty much deduce what she was doing.

As expected, I walked into the kitchen to find her in front of the stoves, frying food such as chicken drumsticks, french fries, and I think she was making some omelet too. Beside the stoves were some unopened packets of popcorn chicken and there was duck as well.

“Umma,” I called. “Morning.”

She turned around to me briefly, said a good morning, and turned back to the food.

“What are you making?” I asked, sitting down at the counter.

She waited until her current batch of food was cooked before she turned the fire off and walked towards me, wiping her sweat with her sleeve.

“Fried chicken, french fries, popcorn chicken, fried rice, omelet, maybe some ramen, curry, fried noodles, normal rice, pork chop, and some fruit punch. I bought ice-cream and milk too, just in case anyone wants some. There’s banana milk; go take some. I remember that Hyukjae loves strawberry milk, so I have some too,” umma listed the entire menu and as soon as she mentioned banana milk, I was at the fridge, opening it to reveal a heavenly carton of banana milk.

“All hail umma!” I exclaimed and grabbed a cup before drinking my beloved banana milk.

Umma smiled at me and somehow, I felt bad for making her cook everything. So I came up with an awesome plan! I’ll help her cook! It’s not as if I can cook well but it’s the thought that counts. Remember Hello Baby? My fruits were… interestingly cut that time. Well I wasn’t together with hyung yet and my own umma was barely home.

“Umma, can I cook? As in could you teach me to cook?” I requested.

She thought about this for a short moment, hesitated, then nodded.

“But,” she started, “if you feel tired at all, go and rest arasso?”

I sighed and nodded. Umma could be so overprotective at times. Sheesh.

She gestured for me to head over to the stove where she had somehow moved to.

“This food will get cold by the time your friends get over. Should we just cook later?” she suddenly thought aloud. Will it get cold? Yes it will.

“That works. Then what’s for breakfast?” I asked. Umma seemed troubled by this.

“I haven’t cooked it yet,” she admitted. I offered to eat the fries and drumsticks as breakfast together with the omelet, but she scolded me for not thinking about my health. She then said that she would make some oatmeal porridge for us to eat. Besides, appa hadn’t woken up yet. His work started from 9.30am and it was only 7.34am now.

I watched closely while umma cooked the porridge, wanting to learn as much as possible. Previously, I have never woken up so early since I never slept so early. Now that hyung’s back by my side, I could easily sleep with him anytime I want to.

She added some oatmeal inside and mixed the porridge, throwing some spinach in at times. She also added a little bit of chicken inside and stirred everything together.

The aroma of the porridge flowed into my nostrils and I nearly literally drooled. Sensing my hunger, umma hurriedly finished cooking the porridge for the four of us and served two bowls immediately for us both.

Usually, we would all eat together. However, this time, umma knew that I was feeling hungry and she would never compromise my health, or that of my babies’.

We finished eating breakfast at around 8.15am and appa came downstairs just as we both finished the last bit of porridge. He looked at the empty bowls in front of us and sulked.

“Yah, how could you have eaten without me?” appa complained. Umma just smiled at him and shrugged. Why aren’t my parents childish like this?

Umma went to get a bowl of porridge for appa while I volunteered to wash the two bowls that we just used. Umma wanted to object, for fear that I would ‘overwork’ myself. I mean how is washing bowls overworking myself? Umma overreacts too much. Luckily appa persuaded her that I was able to at least do the dishes.

When appa finished eating ten minutes later, he washed his own bowl and I sat back down at the dining table, stoning there for a while. Umma asked me to wake hyung up for breakfast. That, I gladly did. Hyung is such a pig.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

“Onew hyung, wake up!” I shook him as violently as I could. When he refused to budge and instead pointed at his cheek, I sighed. Only now do I notice how childish hyung’s family is.

I gave in and gave hyung a quick peck on the cheek and he woke up right away, grinning childishly at me. I chased him into the toilet to wash up as I went back down to bid appa goodbye since he’s heading to work soon.

“Bye appa!” I exclaimed and waved.

“Have fun at your party Taemin. I’ll see you at night,” appa smiled warmly at me, waved to both umma and I, and he drove off to work.

Hyung came downstairs a little while later, clad in Bermuda shorts and a casual top. Oh wait. What casual top? It’s our couple tee!

“Hyung, why didn’t you tell me that you wanted to wear this? I’ll go change,” I told him.

“I just decided to wear it. Mianhae,” he apologised.

I smiled at him and went into our currently shared room to dig for the tee.

When I was heading back downstairs, it was nearly 9am. Minwoo would be here around 12pm and we had to start preparing. What food can be served cold?

“Umma! Let’s make the fruit punch now and put it in the fridge! We can add some ice to it afterwards!” I shouted from the top of the stairs.

“Arasso! I’ve got the canned tropical fruits, watermelon, and soda prepared already,” she told me and I hurried to the kitchen to help out.

Umma cut the watermelon while hyung was putting appropriate amounts of canned fruit into the big punch bowl. After umma cut the watermelon, I helped to scrape all of it out. Hyung then added in the soda in the correct proportion and we put the entire bowl into the fridge. The entire process took us about twenty minutes. Another two and a half hours to kill.

“I’ll cook some rice to fry it now. Can you guys help me to get the ingredients for curry? I need coconut milk, curry powder…” umma listed all the ingredients while hyung and I went to find the abovementioned ingredients.

After umma put the rice into the rice cooker, she set off to cook the curry. While she was doing so, I watched her closely, just as I did when she cooked porridge.

“I want to help fry the omelet!” I volunteered enthusiastically.

Umma looked at me skeptically, wanting to say no. She might have told hyung to cook it, but she probably remembered that hyung may just burn himself. So, in the end, she gave in to me.

While I ‘expertly’ flipped the egg, umma cooked the curry and hyung sat there, looking bored. He seemed to spot the drumsticks from earlier in the morning and he began to feast on them. He also ate some of the omelet and fries as well.

When I was finally done with my omelet – I’m afraid of big fires, so I used a real small fire – I sat down with hyung and ate some fries as well. I’m eating for four people now. You can’t blame me for anything anymore. I’m like five and a half months along by now. Hah!

Ok I’m going mad. Talking to myself isn’t quite normal…

Anyway, umma finished the curry soon after and she moved on to cook the fried noodles to be eaten with the curry. I heard the rice cooker switch flick off and assumed that it was done, so I offered to cook the fried rice as well.

Again, umma wanted to object, but she decided that hyung wouldn’t be able to keep from burning himself so she gave in again! Woohoo!

Umma gave hyung the job of cooking the rice again and making sure that the ratio of rice to water was accurate. This is one thing that hyung can’t hurt himself in.

I took the small wok and cooked the fried rice in small portions, placing each batch in the food tray. Umma was using the big wok for her noodles so I couldn’t do much about it.

After she was done, she moved onto the fries – again.

I quickly finished cooking all the fried rice and went to rest, talking to hyung and getting some water for all three of us. Umma must be tired but she seems to be happy cooking.

I can’t be bothered to narrate everything that happened while cooking. Basically, we finished preparing most of the food and went on to get our décor set up. I shall skip to noon, when Minwoo came over, ok? Right. Let’s head there then!

 

----------------------------------------

 

Thump, thump, thump.

I’m guessing that’s Minwoo? Let’s head to the door then~!

I opened the wooden door and walked out to the gate to see Minwoo in a… dress? What?

“Minwoo, are you wearing the right things?” I questioned. He turned red and turned to hide his face in Donghyun hyung’s chest. I recognize this as the exact same outfit that Minwoo wore in W Academy episode 3, when they had the photo shoot. Donghyun hyung must have felt that he wanted to see his boyfriend in a dress. I’ve been in that situation too, Minwoo-ah…

“Hi Taemin. I kind of got Minwoo to wear this out with me on our date, so don’t ask him too much. He’s embarrassed enough as it is. It’s a good thing that not many Bestfriends were stalking us today or we would’ve been busted. So what do you have in store?” Donghyun hyung asked me curiously.

“Come in. Minwoo, stop hiding. Umma is real nice and hyung doesn’t judge,” I convinced him to look up and I grabbed his hand before leading the both of them into the living room.

Once they stepped into the nicely decorated room, Minwoo’s mouth hung open. Donghyun hyung just gasped and started looking around the room.

Onew hyung’s house is generally big, nice and spacious, but the extra décor meant for today’s party really matched the house’s original theme of homeliness. I don’t know how to describe it, but the décor wasn’t too much and it fit right into the house’s look.

Umma and hyung came out of the kitchen where they had just set the cake carefully into the fridge. Yes, they have a cake. They didn’t buy it, oh no. Umma baked it with hyung’s help. He beat the mixture for her since he has more strength. They didn’t let me in to see the cake since it was meant to be a surprise.

Before hyung started on the cake, he changed out of the couple tee for fear that he would dirty it. For me, I can’t be bothered. It’s just stretched over my belly now, anyway.

“Hi, Minwoo and Donghyun hyung,” Onew hyung greeted the birthday boy and his lover.

“Nice to meet you two kids,” umma said and shook their hands courteously.

“Nice to meet you too, auntie,” the couple greeted and bowed in unison.

“Sit down. We’ll be expecting some of the Super Junior members to be coming over sooner than the others. SNSD might arrive with Super Junior, but according to Taemin, only Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyoyeon can make it. f(x) should be coming over with B2ST since they both have the same schedule on some variety show. U-Kiss, Teen Top and Infinite will come over slightly after Super Junior. I know how your sunbaes enjoy coming over as early as they can. That’s about it,” umma tried her best to remember what I told her and she managed to recite everything!

“Oh, kamsa hamnida auntie. Why don’t you sit down as well?” Minwoo gestured towards the loveseat that umma was standing in front of. She smiled at them and sat down, waiting for them to do so as well. Hyung sat beside me and the other couple sat beside us.

“So you guys are gay, I assume?” umma immediately guessed. Well she is surrounded by gays all the time, such as the SuJu hyungs, Onew hyung, and myself. It’s not surprising that she would be able to tell their ual preferences so easily. Nonetheless, the couple was shocked.

“How’d you know? Are we that obvious?” Donghyun hyung asked worriedly. He must be thinking about how Bestfriends might just find out about their homouality.

Umma chuckled and shook her head. Even hyung and I began to laugh a little. I felt mean but really? They aren’t obvious at all. I didn’t even know!

“Nah. I’ve been around gays a lot. I can tell homos apart from normal people pretty easily,” umma explained. The WooDong couple heaved a huge sigh of relief and smiled.

“Don’t scare us like that. We nearly got a heart attack,” Minwoo complained like the kid that he was.

“My umma loves teasing people. Sorry Minwoo-ah,” hyung apologised on umma’s behalf.

We started chatting and chatting about some very random stuff (I’m just lazy to talk) until the SuJu hyungs came over. ShinRi entered, followed by KyuMin, YeWook, Kangin hyung, ZhouRy, Siwon hyung, and EunHae walked in last. They were all in somewhat intimate positions like holding hands, hugging by the waist, or arm slung over the shoulder.

“Hi Mrs. Lee!” the hyungs greeted umma cheerfully. She waved at them and gestured for them to sit on the floor. Expectedly, Shindong hyung dragged Nari noona into the kitchen – after getting umma’s permission – to dig for some food. It should be getting a little cold now so we’d have to microwave some of the food later. Damn.

“Whoa, Minwoo. What the heck are you wearing?” Kyuhyun hyung asked a little bluntly.

Minwoo sighed and turned to hide in Donghyun hyung’s chest once again.

“I asked him to wear it for our date earlier on. He’s a little shy about it so please don’t ask,” Donghyun hyung requested politely.

“Wookie, why don’t you ever wear things like that?” Yesung hyung whined.

“Cause you never asked me to. And I won’t ever wear things like that no matter what, got it?” Wook hyung said firmly. He’s finally taking a stand for himself! Good job hyung.

“And Min, why don’t YOU wear these things?” Kyuhyun hyung asked, feeling indignant.

In the end, he got a hard whack from Min hyung.

“Yah, isn’t wearing bunny suits enough? Speaking of which I have with me now, so don’t get me pissed, got it Kyu?” Min hyung threatened. Ah yes, the attack of the pumpkin-scented, pink-coloured bunny costume that Kyuhyun hyung detests wearing oh-so-much.

Kyuhyun hyung shook his head furiously and kept quiet.

“Well my Henry wears dresses when I ask him to, don’t you mochi?” Zhoumi hyung asked Henry hyung and pecked him on the forehead. Henry hyung blushed and nodded.

“Hae does that for me too!”

“Hyukkie does that for me too!”

The EunHae couple shouted out simultaneously and they kind of started making out. Kangin hyung had to whack Eunhyuk hyung before he snapped to his senses.

“Sorry auntie and friends,” EunHae apologised.

Kangin hyung also agreed that Teuk hyung would wear dresses if asked to. As for Kibum hyung? Let’s say that Siwon hyung was a little sad that his boyfriend refused to do anything even close to that.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang and this time, Onew hyung went to open it. He invited the next group of guests in – the rest of Boyfriend.

“Happy birthday maknae!” they exclaimed and hugged Minwoo happily. He gladly received their birthday wishes and hugged them back. I saw Donghyun hyung sulking at the back since his boyfriend was being hugged and he could only watch. I sense jealousy~!

“Yah, get your hands off. Minwoo’s mine,” Donghyun hyung finally exploded from his jealousy.

Everyone in the room, including umma, went ‘ooh~’ since Donghyun hyung was getting all mad. We are strange, seemingly sadistic people. We seem to enjoy seeing others suffer; kind of.

A while after we talked about various schedules and the plan for the day, ShinRi came out of the kitchen, sharing a drumstick. Worriedly, umma ran into the kitchen to check on the food supply. She was really sad that most of the drumsticks were gone, since she had to replenish them.

Since Wook hyung and Kangin hyung were good cooks, they offered to help umma cook and let her rest. She felt bad, but she’s getting on in years and she complained that her back hurt a while ago, so hyung and I managed to convince her to get some well-deserved rest.

When the two hyungs were cooking the drumsticks, the SNSD noonas arrived. They brought two big bags with them. I’m kind of curious now…

“Happy birthday Taemin! Happy birthday Minwoo! This is for you guys,” Sunny noona passed one of the bags to me while Minwoo received the other bag from Sooyoung noona.

“Don’t open it yet! It’s a secret. Wait till after the cake, arasso?” the noonas asked. Minwoo and I complied, and umma asked them to sit on the floor after greeting them.

The living room, once spacious, was now half-packed with three SNSD members, the SuJu hyungs and the Boyfriend members. I wonder what happens when others come. We probably have to move to the stairs and dining room.

Wook hyung and Kangin hyung came out once they were done to join in our conversation with Onew hyung. We were all trying to get him to remember some things in the past, such as when we went shopping together so many times before.

Sadly, hyung could only remember pieces and fragments of those days. How I wish hyung could remember everything soon, please?

We started to talk about promotional activities since Boyfriend had just ended some promotions and so did the SNSD noonas. Their new songs were really nice and as much as I’d hate to admit it, I was really jealous of them for being able to promote.

Let’s wait for the other people to come, shall we?

 

---------------------------------------------

 

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. The person nearest to the door, Kwangmin, went to open it and he gladly invited U-Kiss in. With the addition of nine more people in the room – I got Xander hyung and Kibum hyung to come over too – the living room was declared almost full and the group after the next group – aka the following group – of people would have had to move into the dining room. There was just enough space for everything to walk around the house.

Infinite, along with the somewhat recovered Myungsoo hyung, came into the house slightly later than U-Kiss. They were followed by Teen Top. Apparently the two groups met somewhere outside and got lost a little. Tsk, hyungs. How could you not know your way around Gyeonggi-do?

Teen Top headed into the dining room and a few of us who were closer to them went in. Those people would be Sungjong, the Boyfriend members, and me. We were all around the same age group and Sungjong was real close to ChunJoe. Sometimes, I saw Myungsoo hyung getting jealous cause Sungjongie kept hanging out with them instead of him.

I called Jonghyun hyung and told him that we were going to start soon. I know that he wouldn’t bring Key umma in until it was the perfect time to do so. That just meant that I had to signal him. Jonghyun hyung was afraid that I would get mad again and risk a miscarriage.

I went to the kitchen and cleared my throat.

“Guys, I guess we can start the party now? We have to wait for f(x) and B2ST to arrive before we serve the cake, so please enjoy the food first. Umma, hyung and I all put a lot of effort into making it. Wook hyung and Kangin hyung contributed a little as well. I can’t say that hyung’s house has a lot to do but you can explore, I guess? I have to admit that I didn’t plan this out well, mianhae. Just do whatever you want as long as it’s not and you don’t destroy anything. Thank you!” I chirped and everyone clapped before heading towards the kitchen.

Heck, the kitchen isn’t that big! I was scared of them breaking something, but I’m thinking that they’re real hungry. They most likely skipped breakfast and saved their stomach for this feast.

When more than half of the guests dispersed from the kitchen and headed into the living room, dining room, or outside, I went to grab some food as well.

I sat at the living room and turned the TV on to watch the music show that was going on currently. I heard the doorbell ring and I would have gotten it if umma hadn’t stopped me.

“Let me. You can’t tire yourself out,” umma reasoned.

Who would be here right now? I’ll tell you.

I turned to look at the door as Jonghyun hyung stepped in, dragging a whiny Key umma behind him. As soon as our eyes made contact, I smiled while he gasped.

I’m sorry, Key umma, for everything. I really am.

 

 

 

 

 

Weird-ish ending? I didn’t know how to end it -.-

Sorry if this chap didn’t come out as expected cause my brain just died on me while typing this… Please don't kill me ;A;

So the next chappie will be coming up next week and I can finally begin posting my YeWook fic! X)

YeWook shippers, please support the fic! It’s not mpreg this time (Is that good or bad? O.o)

As usual, comments are loved! Please look forward to the next chappie. It’s just the continuation for this and maybe I’ll add in something more interesting…?

Just look forward to the next chapter ok? :D

Oh yeah, I just watched ‘I Am’ on Friday! I cried like so many times when they showed the pre-debut and debut days of both SHINee and SJ… T.T

I have suddenly become emotional… I think I cried at least ten times, especially the part where they showed Kyu’s accident in 2007 ><

Sigh. Hehe anyway I think I’ve sidetracked too much.

Kay then. See you guys again next week! ^^