Meeting with the sunbaes

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(A few days later)

 

—Onew’s POV—

Hello, hel-

I groaned and moved my hand around the bedside table, knocking my phone down in the process of doing so. I cracked an eyelid open sleepily and reached down to grab my phone and turn the annoying alarm off.

Once I did so, I turned to my left and smiled at the sight of a sleeping Tae. He looks so vulnerable and fragile while he’s asleep. Heck, I can see him sweating now. He must be having another nightmare.

“H-hyung… Help me…” he whimpered. I widened my eyes and reacted as quickly as I could, drawing Taeminnie into my arms and patting his back. I could feel his tears staining my shirt but who could be bothered with that as of now?

“Shh… I’m here, ok? I won’t let anyone hurt you,” I told him in a soothing voice. Tae nodded against my chest subconsciously and hugged me tighter. How can a subconscious pregnant man have such a strong grip? I’m amazed, honestly.

“I’m scared,” he replied. Taeminnie can reply people while he’s asleep? I thought only L.Joe did something like that. Maybe they’re so close that L.Joe’s strange sleeping habit has rubbed off on Tae.

“I’m here for you baby,” I told him and his hair softly, pressing a few kisses onto his crown. “Wake up, Tae,” I told him and shook him lightly.

After a few moments, Taeminnie seemed to have woken up. He relaxed visibly when he looked up and me and forced a small smile, greeting me a good morning.

“What did you dream of this time?” I asked him. Tae’s lips started quivering and he looked as if he were on the verge of tears again. “Never mind! It’s ok if you don’t want to tell me,” I said in a panicked voice.

“M-Minho was cutting me and he kept s-stabbing m-my stomach…” Taeminnie sobbed. “Every time I have a b-bad dream, it ends up w-with me m-miscarrying,” he continued.

“You know that he won’t do that, right? I know that he’s a monster, but he probably cares about his children, at the very least,” I tried to comfort him. Who am I kidding? Minho doesn’t give a damn. He’s just a love-deprived bastard who thinks that he loves Tae.

“Hyung, can you bring me to Key umma’s psychiatrist friend?” Taeminnie asked me cutely. He’d stopped crying a mere few seconds ago and it seems that he’s back to normal. Thank god! I don’t know how long his nightmares will continue. It worries me to hell.

“We’ll bring you there alright? I promise, we’ll go this weekend. But for now, you have to relax and try to stop thinking so much. Let’s go wash up,” I stood up and held out my hand for Tae to take. I pulled him up and we headed to the toilet together.

Taeminnie had to help me brush my teeth cause, well, I’m not a leftie and I can’t control my left hand that well. On the other hand, he also kind of had to help me wash my face as well since my cast has to stay dry.

When we were done, we went downstairs to find Jonghyun and Key. My parents were still home too since it was only about 7.15am.

“Appa, umma, good morning,” Tae and I greeted simultaneously. They greeted us back, as did Jonghyun and Key. I don’t know what the hell this stupid diva has planned for us today.

“Taemin, did something happen?” umma asked. Holy ! Umma is a psychic!

“I just had another nightmare. No biggie,” Taeminnie tried to assure her, but umma knew better.

“Is it about Minho again?” she asked. Tae looked hesitant to answer. I decided that I should just tell umma. She might know what to do, anyway. I mean adults do have more experience with things, do they not?

“Yeah, it was. This time, Minho was cutting and stabbing Taeminnie and he miscarried,” I told them. Umma shot Tae a worried glance and sighed.

“It’s all Minho’s fault. Had he not showed up in front of our house the other time, Taemin wouldn’t be having nightmares would he?” umma asked. I shook my head and she sighed again.

“Key umma, who’s that psychiatrist friend of yours?” Taeminnie asked. Appa looked a little surprised at the question while umma just looked passive. She seemed to be deep in thought. I wonder why.

“Her name is Park Jihyun. I could refer her to you,” Key offered.

“Ne! Hyung’s promised to bring me to her clinic over the weekend. Where is it?” Tae asked.

“I’ll pass her card to you later. Finish your food quickly cause we’re leaving soon,” Key chided. Umma and appa had already finished eating and umma was doing the dishes.

“Taemin-ah, I’ll brew some tonic soup for you to sleep better alright?” umma asked.

“Arasso. I’ll drink it all, don’t worry,” Taeminnie replied.

“I’ve reported Minho to the police. I also filed for a restraining order to ensure that Minho doesn’t get within fifty metres from you. I don’t know if it’ll be approved, but if it isn’t, you call the police whenever he harasses you, ok?” umma told him.

“Wow. Thanks umma,” Tae said gratefully. Umma smiled and put all the clean dishes to one side and dried her hands, getting ready for work.

After my parents left, the four of us began to prepare as well. Seriously, where are we going?

We met in the living room at 8.30am and left the house promptly. Key really seems impatient today.

 

------------------------------------------

 

“Where are we going?”

We were in Jonghyun’s car as usual, and Key still refused to tell us where we were headed.

“You’ll find out soon enough. It isn’t hard to tell,” he grinned. What kind of hint is that?!

“He isn’t kidding. It’s really obvious once we near the place,” Jonghyun sighed and started the engine. I locked the gates as we drove out of the parking lot in front of the house.

“Taeminnie, do you want to rest for a while?” I asked. Tae shook his head furiously, obviously not wanting to do so. He must be scared already.

“But Taemin, you need rest you know. I mean you rarely get a good night’s rest due to those nightmares,” Key told Taeminnie. Tae still shook his head, refusing to go to sleep.

“No matter what, I’ll get nightmares when I sleep. I’d rather not sleep,” Taeminnie crossed his arms across his chest as a sign of resistance. I sighed and nodded, putting my arm around his shoulder.

“Fine, don’t sleep. Don’t blame us for not telling you earlier,” I said to him. I looked out of the window and everything just clicked. We’re heading to SM’s building. I don’t know why we’re going there, but I understand why Key refused to tell. He didn’t want Tae to be afraid.

“Key umma? Where are we headed?” Taeminnie asked. I could feel him trembling as I held him close to be side. He knows where we’re headed, and going there scares the out of him.

“I’m bringing you there to meet with the SuJu hyungs. I won’t let Kim Youngmin get you, ever, arasso? Cross my heart,” Key assured Tae.

“Youngmin hyung will find out about this. How could he not? He’ll be supervising the hyungs’ practice at some point in time,” Taeminnie protested.

I have to agree with Tae on this one. We’ve worked so hard to hide from CEO Kim. It won’t be fair to us if we’re walking right into the tiger’s den. Our efforts for the past few months would be wasted.

“Don’t worry. I’m not going to SM’s building itself. I’m headed to the café that’s a few blocks down,” Key told us and pointed to the abovementioned café. “We’re here.”

We clambered off the car and Jonghyun locked it before we walked into the café.

“Hey guys!” Key waved to the SuJu hyungs.

“Yo! You guys are finally here! Our practice is cancelled today cause Kim Youngmin finally thought that we needed a break for a while. It resumes tomorrow since we’re going to start SS5 soon. What’d you want to talk to us about?” Shindong hyung asked.

“You know; Minho,” Key replied.

Once that name was mentioned, I could feel Taeminnie shaking again. As usual, he was stuck to my side due to my overprotectiveness. Why oh why, Key? Of all things to mention, why Minho?

“Sit down first,” Ryeowook hyung said, gesturing to the seats in front of him.

We took our seats and ordered our drinks before we continued our conversation.

“What happened?” Yesung hyung asked.

“You guys weren’t there when we celebrated Sungyeol, Sungjong and Hyunseung’s birthday. Minho stalked us,” I started. Tae tensed up and I had to rub his arm to get him to calm down.

“Your arm…” Kangin hyung noticed the cast.

“It was caused by him, yes,” I answered. A few people, namely the more innocent hyungs such as Ryeowook hyung, Henry hyung and Donghae hyung, gasped.

“How?”

“He was going to get Taemin and hyung had to distract him, so they fought. Afterwards, Key went ahead and started slashing Minho with a knife that he found in the restaurant. It was just a normal knife to cut steak but Minho seemed to have gotten many scars,” Jonghyun continued.

“No wonder Youngmin hyung was hopping mad about two weeks ago. He was ranting on about how Minho’s image as a visual must remain ‘perfect’,” Sungmin hyung made air quotation marks and rolled his eyes. “Perfect my .”

“Yeah, we were scolded too. Hyunseung hyung was being the mediator between Minho and me. On the other hand, hyung fell and dislocated his elbow. It should recover in another few weeks but right now, it’s a pain in the ,” Key sighed.

“That Minho has gotten from bad to worse. I thought that last year was bad. You know; helping Victoria and all. But now he’s taking action on his own? That’s wonderful, really,” Kibum hyung said. We all nodded in agreement.

“What else did he do?” Zhoumi hyung asked.

“Let’s see. He showed up at my place two days before he stalked us. That’s why we started suspecting that he’d follow us on the celebration. After his appearance, Taeminnie keeps having nightmares,” I informed them morosely. They all shot Tae worried glances. Beside me, Taeminnie was already getting tired and his body sagged against mine.

“Is he ok?” Sungmin hyung asked in concern.

“Every night, he has a different nightmare. They’re all around the same though – Minho attacking him and him ending up miscarrying. I don’t know what to do,” I sighed and patted Tae’s shoulder so as to lull him to sleep. He needs a good rest, really.

“Then do you have any plans to fix this?” Kyuhyun hyung asked.

“We’re bringing him to my psychiatrist friend this weekend,” Key helped me to reply.

“I’m sure he’s worn out. May God bless you,” Siwon hyung prayed. So typical of him.

“That can’t be all, right?” Eunhyuk hyung raised his brow questioningly.

“Yup. When we went out to Eurwangni Beach in Incheon last Tuesday, he followed us. When hyung was changing, he nearly wanted to attack Taemin. Hyung rushed out and broke Minho’s nose. When the two of us were showering, he suddenly attacked hyung. Then hyung broke his nose for the second time that day,” Jonghyun explained. I pointed to my nose as proof. There was still a slight bruise, but it was fading soon.

I heard light snoring from beside me and smiled to myself. Taeminnie finally succumbed to his need for some rest. He sleeps so little nowadays, staying up to avoid the nightmares. It’s good for neither him nor his babies.

“Is he mad? I can’t believe that I once recruited him as a Kyu-line member. I hope his nose stays broken,” Kyuhyun hyung said and sighed.

“That’s mean, Kyuhyun hyung,” Henry hyung chided.

“Henry, you have to understand that Minho so deserves it,” Zhoumi hyung told him gently.

“You know, we could always help you fix him,” Kangin hyung grinned evilly and cracked his knuckles.

“I’m sure Youngmin hyung would kill us. We’d appreciate it if Minho would just stay away,” Key sighed. “He’s so annoying.”

“I can go find him now and settle some old scores,” Ryeowook hyung offered.

“What’d he do to you?” Yesung hyung asked with a hint of anger in his voice.

“When he was still a trainee, he once threw some food at my face and called me a runt,” Ryeowook hyung huffed angrily. “I think he didn’t know that I was his sunbae, or he just didn’t care.”

Yesung hyung’s eyes glinted with fury and he growled.

“Let’s go,” Yesung hyung stood up and grabbed Ryeowook hyung’s hand. They left the café before any of us could do anything to stop them.

We stayed there in silence, not knowing what to say. I took a small sip of my coffee and glanced around. How did the atmosphere become so tense in seconds?

Beside me, Tae stirred awake from his slumber. He looked around sleepily and yawned while stretching, rubbing his eyes in a super adorable manner.

“Is something wrong?” he asked, still sounding slightly groggy.

“It’s nothing. Taemin, do you want to go to our practice studio?” Shindong hyung offered.

“What for?”

“You could just go and relive some memories,” Eunhyuk hyung replied.

“I’d rather not. Is there somewhere else that we can go?” Taeminnie asked.

Everyone started to rack their brains about what we could do right now.

“Today’s our day off so… How about heading to your place?”

 

-----------------------------------------

 

“Eve!”

The lively toy poodle came running to us and Tae bent down to pick her up. It’s a good thing that Taeminnie lives near SM Ent, kind of. Right now, there wasn’t anybody home.

“Does anyone want to cook something for lunch?” Shindong hyung asked.

We all turned to look at him and beside me, Tae’s stomach growled as well. He chuckled in embarrassment and put Eve down on the floor before turning back to us.

“I’m hungry too,” he admitted.

“Let’s see. Wookie isn’t here, and neither is Hankyung. The rest of us don’t cook very well,” Kyuhyun hyung said and scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

“Yeah, says the guy who cooked ramen that was tasteless,” Sungmin hyung rolled his eyes.

“I vote takeout,” Jonghyun raised his hand and shouted out. The rest of us agreed and we decided to order some pizza. I know it isn’t good for Taeminnie but we don’t have much of a choice anyway.

We sat down on either the floor or couch and turned the TV on. Tae picked out a horror movie to watch and well, let’s say that I wasn’t looking forward to it too much.

Once the movie began, Taeminnie dimmed the lights. Damn it! Why?

I moved closer to Tae and I could feel him smiling. He just wants skinship doesn’t he? He could have asked for it. I mean… is this the way to get skinship from your fiancé?

Every time a scary scene came up, a few of us would scream and I’d hide behind Taeminnie’s back just so I wouldn’t see anything that was going on.

Sometime in between, the delivery man came and Kyuhyun hyung wasn’t too happy about having to pause the movie. On the other hand, I was elated. I saw Henry hyung and Sungmin hyung heave a huge sigh of relief as well.

We left the pizza on the table and resumed the movie, and I went back to my previous position.

When the movie ended, Kyuhyun hyung thought that it would be funny to scare us by making spooky noises. Accompanied with a few knocks on the door, you could say that I was just about to pass out from fright.

Kangin hyung opened the door to reveal a very happy YeWook couple who walked in hand-in-hand.

“What’d you do to him?” Siwon hyung asked.

“Attacking him physically was a must, of course. We also decided that it’d be nice to let him have a little ‘problem’ to handle. Let’s just say that we put a in him, a ring on him, and tied his arms and legs onto his bed frame. He won’t be getting away for some time,” Yesung hyung grinned.

“And Wookie actually helped?” Sungmin hyung asked incredulously. I can’t believe it either.

Ryeowook hyung nodded cheerfully and answered ‘ne!’ while looking very accomplished.

“How’d you even manage to get all that on him?” Kyuhyun hyung questioned.

“Good question. We kind of hit a nerve on his neck and made him pass out,” Ryeowook hyung explained.

“Obviously you learnt well, eternal maknae,” Sungmin hyung spoke as if he were some sort of kung fu master. It was a little amusing to hear him speak like that, especially if you compare it to his usual speaking voice.

“And then we tied him and put all the relevant things in the correct places before leaving. We didn’t forget to lock the door, of course,” Yesung hyung finished.

I shuddered at the thought of having to feel like that. Wouldn’t he feel like a slave? Honestly, to a guy like him, it’s a rather good punishment.

I heard a soft sob beside me and saw that Tae was tearing up. Oh no.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, holding him by his shoulders gently but firmly.

“It reminds me of being ,” Taeminnie sniffled. I excused ourselves and went to Tae’s room with Eve stalking us. I closed the door and locked it, turning the lights on before I sat us down on his soft bed. I haven’t been here in ages.

“Taeminnie…” I started. He didn’t respond so I just hugged him tightly. “It’ll be alright. Everything’s over, right? We’ll get through this,” I assured him.

I may have said that we’ll get through this, but I’m actually not so sure. What if Minho does manage to do something? We haven’t seen his worst, I’m sure. The worst days are yet to come.

I continued to calm Tae down, but this time, it wasn’t working. His tears just refused to stop falling. My heart is going to break in two soon enough. I can’t stand seeing Taeminnie cry so much everyday, and it’s always over the same person.

“H-hyung, I’m scared,” Tae sobbed. I his hair back carefully, not wanting to accidentally hurt him in any way.

“I’m here. I won’t let Minho get to you. Haven’t I been here for you these few months?” I asked. He nodded and sniffled, looking up at me.

“You know I won’t let anybody harm you,” I told him firmly.

“But my nightmares won’t stop!” he exploded. I was startled. Taeminnie has never flared up at me before, not in my entire life. This is the first time he’s shouting at me.

“You have to stop thinking about it, Tae. We’ll bring you to Key’s friend and she’ll stop your nightmares, arasso? In the meantime, you have to sleep properly,” I reminded him. Taeminnie just ended up breaking down again, sending me into panic once more.

I spent another few minutes comforting Tae, and it didn’t work again. I had to try using Eve to get Taeminnie to stop crying, and to my relief, he did. He stopped crying when I put Eve in his lap and she started his face.

To my surprise, Tae even began to laugh when Eve’s became a little too ticklish. Holy this dog is a saint! She did something that even I can’t!

“Are you ok now?” I asked. Taeminnie looked up at me and nodded, smiling lightly before he pecked me on the cheek and hugged me.

“Thanks hyung. I love you,” he told me and kissed me again. I leaned into his kiss and in no time, I was nibbling softly on his lower lip. He gladly parted his lips and I slipped my tongue in, exploring his wet cavern.

When we were both out of breath, I broke the kiss and smiled at him as if I were the happiest man on earth. Truth be told, I feel like that right now.

“I’m tired hyung,” he told me and yawned. I pushed him down onto the bed and lay down beside him, pulling the blankets up and pecking him on the forehead before drawing him into my arms

“I’ll wake you up when we have to leave, ok?” Tae nodded and closed his eyes, smiling as he drifted off into his dreamland. I looked at the time and decided that I could get some shut eye too.

For the first time since Minho appeared, Taeminnie slept peacefully and without nightmares.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, honestly, what did I just type? Cause I have no ing idea. This chappie is SO DAMN WEIRD! ><

I'm hoping that you guys somewhat enjoyed this and I'm already done with the next chapter but I won't be posting it till next weekend. Nyahahaha! >:D

Erm, well, Minho didn't exactly appear in here which is good...? Since I began writing this sequel, I kinda dislike Minho. Whenever I see his face I'm like 'Oh right he's the antagonist is my fic' ._. I'm annoyed by that cause I don't hate him or anything. It's just influence from this fic -.-

Well look forward to the next chappie which, frankly speaking, is just as weird. Don't forget to leave comments! :)

That's all from me today so see you guys next week~! ^^