Attacked

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(A few days later)

 

—Taemin’s POV—

Hello, hel-

I moved my hand about randomly, trying to find the source of the sound which was my alarm. I felt my phone on the bedside table and picked it up, squinting at it to check the time. 8am.

Stretching my arms, I yawned and got off the bed, making sure I didn’t jostle it too much as hyung was still asleep. We hadn’t done much in the past two days, but now we’re going to celebrate Jongie, Sungyeol hyung and Hyunseung hyung’s birthdays all in one go. It’s Sungyeol hyung’s birthday today and the other two’s birthdays are exactly a week from now, so we decided to plan something for all of them.

I checked my message inbox and, as expected, saw a text from Myungsoo hyung.

 

{From: Myungsoo

This is about Yeollie, Jongie and Hyunseung hyung’s birthday celebration later. The Infinite members have decided to go to Idae. Gyu hyung will meet you guys at the subway in Idae, arasso? Junhyung hyung, you’ll meet Jongie, Yeollie and me at the subway an hour after the meeting time. The rest of you contact Gyu hyung and meet at 1pm. See you!

To: (Group) Infinite
       (Group) B2ST
       Diva Key
       Taemin}

 

I stared at the message and read it a few times, trying to get it drilled into my head. Right! I’ll wake hyung up at 9.30am, when I’m done washing up and getting breakfast ready.

I went into the toilet to freshen myself up, washing my face thoroughly. Now that I think of it, I remembered something wrongly. Jongie was playing the card swipe game with Hoya hyung on Sesame Player 2, not with Myungsoo hyung. My memory is getting bad. It must be a pregnancy thing.

After I was done in the toilet, I went downstairs and started to make some sandwiches. Appa and umma had already left for work and there was enough porridge for the two of us. I’ll heat it up later and make some scrambled egg while I’m waiting.

I made ham and cheese sandwiches, stuffing some strawberries and kimchi inside my own sandwiches. I wonder how it’ll taste like. Hmm…

While I was deep in thought, something heavy landed on my shoulder and I shrugged it away, my shoulder making contact with something hard. I turned around to find that it was Onew hyung and the hard thing happened to be his chin.

“Ow…” he whined and started rubbing his chin. I widened my eyes and apologised immediately.

“Are you ok, hyung?” I asked worriedly. He smiled and nodded, still rubbing his slightly reddened chin. It was probably bruised already. Damn.

“Why’d you wake up so early?” I asked. I swear I was super careful with being quiet.

“You know that I heard your alarm loud and clear. I just stayed in bed for a little longer till you came down,” he explained. I nodded and put the scrambled eggs onto a plate and turned the fire off. The porridge was heated up and all I had left to prepare was the drink.

“I’ll do it,” hyung told me, ushering me towards the dining table. I sighed and went there reluctantly, knowing that he had good intentions. I rested my head on my arm and watched hyung as he made warm milk for both of us.

I felt a kick and rested my hand on my stomach, rubbing it gently. Yah, kids. Do you know that it isn’t easy carrying you three? Come on, umma’s tired too. I want to rest, but hyung needs me now. I can’t just leave him to his own devices.

Hyung came to the table, setting a bowl of steaming hot porridge in front of me. He put the milk in front of me as well, seating himself down in the chair opposite me. He gestured for me to eat and I gladly complied, feeling hungry already.

“What’s our schedule for today? We’re celebrating Sungyeol, Sungjong and Hyunseung’s birthdays, right?” hyung asked me while taking a bite of porridge. I chewed and swallowed before nodding.

“Myungsoo hyung planned it at Idae. We’re supposed to meet with the others at 1pm later on. Hurry up and eat,” I told him and continued eating. I’m suddenly not in a particularly good mood today, for some unknown reason.

Hyung nodded and shut up, finishing his food quickly so that he could go and get ready. What? Am I supposed to wash all the dishes on my own? No ing way.

I went upstairs and sat down on the bed, fiddling with my phone while waiting for hyung to get out of the toilet. Then I can get him to go downstairs and do the dishes. I won’t do it. NEVER!

A few minutes later, hyung came out of the toilet in jeans and a white top. He took his jacket out of the cupboard and threw it onto the bed beside me, completely ignoring my presence as he got his things ready. Only when he was done did he come to sit beside me.

He had wanted to give me a kiss on the cheek, but I shook my head and pointed to the door, furrowing my eyebrows with a slight pout forming on my lips.

“Go and wash the dishes NOW,” I emphasized. Hyung looked confused but did as he was told, leaving the room with me smiling in accomplishment. I started to get my medicines and vitamins, as well as hyung’s, and dumped them into my handbag after I took my vitamins.

Then I started walking around the room and looked out of the window, widening my eyes at the sight. Minho is here again. Didn’t he just come two days ago? This guy is persistent, that’s for sure. But I don’t like it a single bit.

I took my phone and texted him, saying that I would meet him in front of our dorm to get things sorted out. I hid on the floor where we wouldn’t be able to see me and waited for a reply. Of course he had wanted to see me, so he replied, asking when we should meet. Let’s meet now, I replied. I hope he isn’t smart enough to figure it out.

When hyung came back, he saw me sitting down on the floor under the window and asked me what was wrong. I told him about Minho and asked him to check for me. Unsurprisingly, he was still there. I can’t stand this anymore.

I called Minho and waited angrily for the latter to pick up.

 

----------------------------------------

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Choi Minho, do you want to meet me or not?” I demanded.

“I’m surprised that you even called me. Of course I want to meet you, but you think I’m that stupid?”

“Since you don’t believe me, I’m leaving to find Onew hyung now. Bye,” I said and waited. It didn’t even take a second for him to get flustered.

“Ok, ok, you win. I’ll go look for you now,” he said hesitantly and ended the call.

I asked Onew hyung to check if he was still there and thankfully, he’d already left.

Onew hyung offered me a hand and I took it, standing up and looking out the window. Then I remembered why I was angry with Onew hyung and puffed up my cheeks, grabbing my clothes and going to change.

I locked the toilet door and looked at myself in the mirror. God I look horrible. I need Heechul umma’s expertise but I doubt he’s free. I’ll call Key umma then.

I dialed the familiar number and heard two rings before a click.

“Taemin?”

“Ne, umma. I was just wondering if you could come over to help me with my makeup,” I asked. Without a sign of hesitation, Key umma agreed and said that he would be here in a half hour.

“Kim Jonghyun, we’re going to hyung’s house!” I laughed to myself before I ended the call and changed into another one of my maternity dresses. This one had been bought by Key umma a little over a month ago, as one of my birthday presents.

I waited in the living room, staring at the LED TV screen.

Onew hyung sat on the couch beside me, and I could sense his gaze on me. Well sorry hyung, but I ain’t going to tell you what you did wrong. Figure it out on your own.

“So, Tae. What’s wrong?” he asked warily. I glared at him. I can’t take this anymore. You know what I said about hyung having to figure it out by himself? Well, I take it back.

“YOU LEFT ME TO WASH THE DISHES!” I yelled. Hyung’s eyes widened for a moment before his gaze softened and he smiled, chuckling softly. “It isn’t funny!” I whined, tears already forming.

“That’s what you’ve been ignoring me for?” he asked me. I nodded and pouted. “Aw, come on Taeminnie. You know I’d never do that on purpose. I was planning on surprising you with this,” he said and revealed a black velvet box.

I sniffled, the tears stinging behind my eyes. “What’s that?”

He opened the box to reveal a bracelet. It was simple, just a silver charm bracelet. It currently had one charm on it. One of… is that a banana milk bottle?

“Do you like it? I’ll keep adding charms,” he told me and instructed me to hold my hand out, putting the bracelet on for me. Hyung always does these things for me, doesn’t he?

I held my hand up and looked at it in the light, smiling to myself and letting the tears fall.

“Did I do something wrong?” hyung asked me, sounding panicked. I shook my head.

“Thanks, hyung,” I said and placed my lips on his. Soon enough, we were having a seemingly heated make-out session, even as Key umma and Jonghyun hyung walked into the house. I forgot that they had the keys.

“Ahem, Taemin. Let’s go,” Key umma told me and pulled me away from hyung, leading me into my room’s toilet before he started working on my makeup.

“Ta-da,” Key umma motioned me to turn around and look at the mirror. My diva umma will always be a diva. His makeup skills are just as good as ever! No one would ever suspect that I’m SHINee’s maknae Taemin at all! It may have taken an hour or so, but that’s not the point.

“Thanks Key umma. Were you still preparing when I called you?” I asked guiltily. Key umma shook his head and smiled at me.

“It doesn’t matter. But no, I was already done. I’d do anything for my baby, got that?” Key umma asked in a stern voice. I grinned at him and nodded, hopping off the chair and heading downstairs to find Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung. The bracelet was hanging on my wrist, the charm of my favourite brand of banana milk attached to it.

“Hyung! I’m done!” I shouted and started my way down the stairs. Ugh, I can’t even see my feet now. This is so annoying. Oh well.

I finally made it down and plopped down on the couch, already sulking. Obviously hyung noticed and questioned me about it. I didn’t want to say anything though.

“Yah, Tae, what’s wrong?” he asked me gently and cupped my cheeks. I could feel my cheeks burning from shyness and shook my head.

“I was just a little annoyed at not being able to see my feet when I walk,” I told him. Hyung laughed and nodded, pecking me on the cheek. I know he likes my childish side – and that’s like, what, my only side? Hehehe.

“Let’s go then!” Key umma announced as he popped out in front of us.

“I’m driving,” Jonghyun hyung told us and held his car key up as proof.

We went out of the house after double-checking that we had everything. Onew hyung locked the door behind me and the four of us enter the car together. Needless to say, Key umma rode shotgun while Onew hyung and I were in the back.

After we were buckled in, Jonghyun hyung began to drive. Onew hyung wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him, while I rested my head on his shoulder. Soon enough, I was in dreamland.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

In Taemin’s dreamland,

Minho was laughing like the maniac that he is, swinging a chopper around like it was harmless. In front of him stood Onew and Taemin, both looking equally frightened by their predicament.

“Taemin, make your choice. Do you want to come with me and save our children, or die together with Lee Jinki? If you come with me, four lives will be saved. Otherwise, all five will be gone,” Minho warned Taemin.

Taemin gulped, his palms feeling sweaty. He looked at Onew for a brief moment before shaking his head in resolution. He refused to go with Minho.

Minho growled, a deep rumble sounding from his throat.

“You’ll pay for that. You all will!” Minho exclaimed furiously and swung the chopper towards Taemin.

Taemin moved backwards, stumbling at some point in time and falling onto the floor. Minho swung the chopper again, cutting Taemin’s stomach deep and causing Taemin immense pain.

Next, Minho attacked Onew. He alternated between slashing the two lovers until eventually, they couldn’t possibly survive after his ruthless assaults. Onew crawled over to Taemin and held Taemin’s head in his lap.

“Taeminnie, we’re going to be fine,” Onew breathed heavily and gave Taemin one last kiss before the both of them stopped breathing at the same time, their limp bodies dropping onto the ground. They were surrounded in a huge pool of their blood.

Minho spat on the ground and walked away, throwing the chopper on the ground beside Taemin.

“Useless bunch of idiots,” Minho said and vanished.

 “Tae…!”

“Taemin?”

“Taemin!”

“TAEMINNIE!”

 

---------------------------------------

 

I woke up with a start, a very worried Onew hyung looking at me in concern. I felt tears streaming down my cheeks and I was shaking violently in Onew hyung’s embrace.

“Shh, shh. Everything’s alright now. I’m here for you,” Onew hyung told me, pressing a kiss onto my forehead and hugging me tightly. I couldn’t stop trembling; the nightmare was just too horrible and gory for me to handle. Why the hell would I have that sort of nightmare?

Maybe, just maybe, Minho’s appearance had made the nightmares come back. I haven’t had nightmares since I’ve moved out of the dorm. There’s no other reason I could have a nightmare that bad. It’s the only reason.

Onew hyung rocked me lightly, hushing me while he whispered sweet nothings to me, trying to calm me down. I took deep breaths and tried to get the image out of my head. After some time, I finally stopped shaking and looked at Onew hyung.

“Tae, are you ok?” he asked. I wiped the sweat from my forehead and nodded. It was all a dream. Minho would never be crazy enough to kill me AND his children… right?

“Taemin, what happened?” Key umma asked worriedly.

“You seemed to be having a bad nightmare,” Jonghyun hyung told me.

“It was. Just a nightmare,” I said, mostly to myself.

“Did something happen recently, hyung?” Key umma asked Onew hyung. Hyung bit his lip and nodded hesitantly. Immediately, we were being interrogated. Well, Onew hyung was, anyway.

“What happened that could have caused my baby to have such a bad nightmare?” Key umma demanded furiously. He was real pissed, that’s for sure.

“Minho appeared at my place two days ago. The two of us were going home when we suddenly saw him outside the gate,” Onew hyung explained and held in a breath. Key umma inhaled sharply, and I saw the tip of his ears slowly turn red.

“Kibum…” Jonghyun hyung said carefully. “You have to think this through. We’re busy today.”

“HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BE CALM WHEN THAT BASTARD KEEPS HARASSING MY BABY?!” Key umma exploded, screaming at the top of his lungs. I shrunk back, hiding my face in Onew hyung’s chest. We were still in the car – thank god since no one else could hear – and I was going deaf.

“We can go and confront him later, alright?” Jonghyun hyung tried again. Key umma shook his head and shot a death glare at Jonghyun hyung, obviously objecting.

“We. Go. NOW.”

I took a peep at Key umma and spotted Jonghyun hyung looking at me pleadingly. I sighed, knowing that only I could help. But I’m still a bit freaked out by my nightmare. Just saying.

“Umma, what if Minho stalked us here?” I reminded him. He seemed horrified at the possibility.

“You’re right, baby. We’ll stay with you just in case. Jjong, remind me to murder Minho when we get back. I’ll kill him in his sleep,” Key umma grit his teeth, trying to hold his anger in. I forced a grin at Key umma and nodded.

“Thanks umma! Let’s go!” I exclaimed and opened the door, bouncing out excitedly. Key umma seem to be a little appeased and came out. However, his fingers were still curled up in his fists, and his knuckles were turning white from the force that he was using to clench his fists.

I kissed Onew hyung quickly and went over to Key umma, hooking my arm around his.

“Umma~,” I called. He looked over at me, his eyes softening when he realised that it was me.

“Ne, Taemin?” he asked, keeping his voice uplifted and not tense like it was before.

“Come on, umma. You know that I’m not angry anymore,” I said. “Much.”

“I’m still going to kill him,” he swore. I sighed and held him by his shoulders, stopping him in his tracks and forcing him to face me.

“If you alert Minho about the fact that we know he was at hyung’s house, he’ll come looking again. You can subtly do something to him, but don’t let him know that you’re doing it cause of us. He’s smarter than that,” I told him.

“Fine. I won’t do anything to him – for now,” Key umma sighed.

“Let’s go?” Jonghyun hyung asked unsurely. Key umma nodded and smiled slightly.

We headed over to the subway station to wait for the Infinite and B2ST members so that we could start setting up stuff. We were going to meet the birthday boys at a restaurant that had been booked by Myungsoo hyung. He has connections; that’s for sure.

By the time we reached the subway, it was 12.48pm. The Infinite members were already there, looking bored. There were only the four of them – Dongwoo hyung, Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun hyung and Hoya hyung.

We greeted each other and waited patiently for the B2ST members. Luckily, they arrived in a matter of minutes and we went to the restaurant together. Apparently, it was the U-Kiss hyungs who had managed to book the restaurant. They had called their friend, Chef Kim, and he happened to now the owner to this restaurant, hence booking it for us. The U-Kiss hyungs claimed that it was their present to the birthday boys since they were too busy to celebrate.

The restaurant was still relatively plain, and we started to put up decorations immediately. I was just helping to arrange the tables, putting bouquets in vases and making sure everything was as neat as it could be. Key umma and Seob hyung were helping me while the others put up decorations.

In the kitchen, Woohyun hyung, Hoya hyung and Sunggyu hyung cooked the food on the special menu. The menu had been collated by Junhyung hyung and Myungsoo hyung, consisting of their boyfriends’ favourite foods.

It’s a good thing that Woohyun hyung and Hoya hyung were good chefs, and Sunggyu hyung wasn’t too bad, either. They could follow recipes rather well and managed to whip up the five dishes within an hour and a half, which was about when the birthday boys and their boyfriends came into the restaurant happily.

“Surprise!”

 

---------------------------------------

 

We were sitting around the table – or two tables, rather – and munching on slices of strawberry shortcake. It was tasty and baked by our very own Junhyung hyung and Myungsoo hyung, just last night. They borrowed Teen Top’s oven and baked the cake at night. God knows what made Niel agree though. The kitchen is like his baby and he rarely lets others touch it.

“Myung, you baked this?” Sungyeol hyung asked. Myungsoo hyung nodded and raised a brow.

“Do you not like it?” he asked, looking a little crestfallen. Sungyeol hyung shook his head furiously, obviously disagreeing with what Myungsoo hyung had just said.

“I love fruit and you know it!” he exclaimed and proved his point by taking a big bite of his cake. Unfortunately, he nearly choked himself to death if not for Sunggyu hyung’s help.

“You idiot,” Key umma muttered under his breath and shook his head in disapproval.

“And Jongie?” Myungsoo hyung asked. Jongie beamed and nodded, replying cheerfully with a ‘Ne!’

I guess Junhyung hyung got a little jealous and tried it out with Hyunseung hyung too. Quite sadly for him, he got rejected.

“I like orange, not strawberry,” Hyunseung hyung puffed up his cheeks. Junhyung hyung pinched them and chuckled.

“I know, but it’s weird to make an orange cake. Besides, didn’t I get you orange juice on the way here? And you just ate fried chicken!” Junhyung hyung exclaimed. Hyunseung hyung nodded and smiled, giving his boyfriend a kiss on the lips.

One way or another, they started making out even though each of them was holding a slice of cake. I’m getting goose bumps just by watching their PDA. I nudged Onew hyung and ate the remainder of my cake before I stood up and went out.

Behind me, Onew hyung finished his cake as fast as possible and chased after me, calling my name.

“Oppa, don’t you think they were too much in there? What’s with the PDA?” I stomped my foot in annoyance. Hell, Chullie umma’s genes are getting to me. NOOO!

“Oh come on Taeminnie. We do that often enough nowadays don’t we? Or are you jealous?” he wriggled his brows suggestively and winked at me. Oh what the heck. I circled my arms around hyung’s neck and pulled him down to kiss me. Again, we ended up making out, but this time in public. When we broke apart to catch our breath, I noticed many people staring at us. But there was just that one person who caught my eye.

Minho.

I grabbed hyung’s hand and ran back towards the restaurant as quickly as I could in my sandals. Of course Minho was faster. He’s usually more athletic and I’m pregnant now, anyway. He came to a stop in front of us and smirked.

“I finally found you. Now when are you going to return Taemin to me?” Minho demanded. Hyung raised a brow and moved in front of me, motioning for me to run back to the restaurant to get help. I understood what he meant and started back.

“Stop there!” Minho shouted. I think he was about to chase after me, but Onew hyung threw his fist towards Minho’s face and managed to score a blow. At least that’s what I saw when I turned back.

I rushed into the restaurant that was a mere ten metres away, panting as if I had just run a full marathon. Key umma looked at me and I held up my hand for a moment, trying to catch my breath before I started explaining the situation.

“Minho’s outside fighting with hyung,” I managed to get out. Key umma grabbed the nearest weapon – a knife – and headed out. Hyunseung hyung headed out too, since he was my self-proclaimed umma. I have wayyy too many ummas.

“Uh-oh…” Dongwoo hyung murmured. Jongie stayed behind with Myungsoo hyung and Sungyeol hyung.  Meanwhile, Sunggyu hyung and I went back out as well, together with Junhyung hyung.

We were met by the sight of a bloodied Onew hyung and a bloodied Minho, as well as an enraged Key umma cutting Minho’s arm with the knife. This seemingly reminds me of my nightmare earlier on. Strange.

Hyunseung hyung was busy trying to get Onew hyung out of the fight. He was pretty badly injured and I’m sure Key umma could handle the situation. Hoya hyung, Doojoon hyung, Gikwang hyung and Dongwoon hyung were all busy barricading people off the area. They must have recognized us already. .

After what seemed like forever, Hyunseung hyung managed to get Onew hyung out of the fight and Key umma was free to do whatever he wanted. The first thing that he did, of course, was to slap Minho across the face.

“You stay away from my baby you monster,” Key umma warned. I know that Minho is a little afraid of Key umma. He could be damn scary if he wants to be.

Minho looked over at me and shook his head.

“I love Taemin and all I’ve been tryi-”

SLAP!

Minho was cut short by yet another slap from Key umma. Sunggyu hyung walked up to Minho and held his phone out as a threat.

“If you don’t go away, I’ll call the police,” Sunggyu hyung started pressing the first number, getting ready to press the second. I ran to Onew hyung’s side and checked for any serious injuries. Luckily, only his lower lip and nose was bleeding. Apart from that, all he got were bruises.

I asked him if he was fine and he nodded, but he winced when I touched his elbow.

“Oh ,” I cursed. He must have fallen down and injured his elbow quite badly. It looks like it’s dislocated. Damn. I helped hyung up and rushed over to get Jonghyun hyung, getting him to drive us to the hospital.

He had been reluctant to leave Key umma behind at first, but he decided that hyung’s injuries were more serious and agreed, sending us to the hospital right away.

Jongie had told me that he would keep us updated by phone. I thanked him and well, we’re currently on our way to the hospital.

Why does hyung keep getting injured because of me? Why?

I hope it’s not too serious. Jonghyun hyung, what are you doing driving so slowly? Hurry!

Beside me, Onew hyung was trying to mask his pain. I his cheek and shook my head, telling him that it was fine to show his pain. He leaned against me and held his injured elbow, shutting his eyes tightly to distract himself. It took forever for us to reach the hospital. I thought I was going to have a panic attack.

Damn you, Minho. When I see you next time, I swear you won’t want to find me again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think I have something for celebrating birthdays, which is kinda strange but I hope you guys aren't a bit tired of it ^^
The next chappie's gonna be about, well, mostly Onew and Tae in the hospital. I'm working on it now and honestly, it's kinda weird... So I hope you guys won't mind it too much...?
How was this chappie btw? Comment please? :)
Next chapter probably gonna come up next week as usual and a very belated birthday to our maknae Taemin! I wanted to update a chapter on Wednesday but I figured that if I did, then it'd come out a little weirdly cause Tae's bday in here was celebrated alr... ._.
Well I'll update again next week so look forward to it (although it ain't very good to me) ! Annyeong! :D