Eurwangni Beach

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(A few days later)

 

—Taemin’s POV—

“Taemin, why are you running away from me?”

I spun around to be met by a smirking Minho and I gulped, backing up until I hit the wall. Even then, I still tried to run away from the bastard that was in front of me.

“Remember how you lost your ity? Would you like to relive those glorious memories?” he asked, putting his hands on either side of my face so that I couldn’t escape anymore. I felt the tears slowly stream down my cheeks as I shook my head.

“Still trying to avoid me? You don’t learn, do you?” Minho snickered when he saw me crying and trembling. The next thing I saw was him raising his hand before it met my cheek.

“O-Onew hyung…” I called out weakly. Minho slapped me a few more times, unhappy that I was calling out to Onew hyung for help.

Minho hit me so hard that I fell, and as soon as he got the opportunity, he stripped himself. Oh no. I don’t want to do this again. Please.

I looked down and saw that I was bleeding. But why? We haven’t even done anything yet! I’m not supposed to be getting a miscarriage here!

That’s when I finally felt the pain in my lower abdomen, just as Minho entered me without any preparation. What else could I have done? I screamed. I cried. I protested. But it was all too late. I’d been twice by the same monster and he’d just killed his own children.

After he was satisfied, he stood up and dressed himself, eyeing the pool of blood disgustedly and walking off wordlessly. Meanwhile, I just curled up in a fetus position and cried my eyes out. What have I done to you, Minho, that I deserve this? What did I do wrong?!

I felt someone shaking me lightly and calling my name. Onew hyung?

“Taemin-ah…”

 

------------------------------------

 

“Taemin!” I was hit on the cheek lightly and I just cried more.

“Go away!” I screamed and pulled the duvets higher to hide myself.

“It’s me, Key umma.”

I opened my eyes hesitantly, afraid to see Minho again. I heaved a huge sigh of relief when I saw that it was in fact Key umma, and I threw myself at him, hugging him tightly as I bawled.

“Shh, Key umma’s here. I won’t let him hurt you, ok?” Key umma asked in a soothing voice. I nodded but the tears couldn’t stop falling, no matter how hard I tried to stop them.

The room door opened and I shrank back, hiding under the duvets again and shaking uncontrollably.

“Hyung, I don’t know what happened, but Taemin hid from me when I called him. And now, when you walk into the room, he’s hiding again. I don’t know anymore, hyung,” Key umma sighed. I feel guilty for making Key umma so upset with himself but I’m scared.

I felt a dip in the bed next to me and my grip on the duvets just tightened. The unknown person pulled the duvets up from my right and slipped under it, drawing me into his arms.

“Tae, it’s me,” Onew hyung told me and patted my back while I cried. He pressed his lips onto my crown many times but I kept crying. I feel so weak, always needing someone to protect me. I’m already twenty and yet I can’t even help myself.

After what seemed like forever, I finally stopped trembling and my tears kind of ran out. I wonder how hyung has the patience to put up with me. I’m glad he can does though, cause times like this is when his patience comes in handy.

Onew hyung pulled the duvets off of us and brought me up to a sitting position. In front of us was Key umma holding a tray of food. When he saw me emerge from my ‘fortress’, he set the tray down on the bedside table before hugging me.

“Do you know how worried I was? Taemin, don’t hide from us. We’re your family, you got that? Now explain what happened,” Key umma demanded. I tried to speak but my throat was so dry and no sound would come out. Seeing this, Onew hyung grabbed the glass of water from the tray and handed it to me.

As I drank the water, I explained that I had a nightmare and that Minho me again. I also suffered from a miscarriage in the dream and after everything, Minho just walked away.

Throughout the entire process of explaining, Onew hyung back-hugged me and used a cloth to wipe my forehead. Heck, I didn’t even know that I was sweating. After I was done explaining, I saw a murderous glint in Key umma’s eyes.

“That …” Key umma growled threateningly, picking up the nearest weapon he could find.

“Key, even if you kill him, Taeminnie’s nightmares won’t go away,” Onew hyung sighed. “We need to heal Tae mentally before we do anything to that idiot.”

“Taemin, I have a friend who’s a psychiatrist. Would you like me to give her a call and make an appointment for you? She might be able to make you forget those memories,” Key umma asked.

Honestly, I don’t quite mind. But how am I going to speak my mind about being by a band member when I need to cross dress?

“It’s ok, Key umma. Come on hyung, I’m sure you haven’t eaten yet,” I stood up and went to the toilet to wash up quickly. Once I was done, I went down to the kitchen with Key umma and Onew hyung to eat.

Jonghyun hyung had been waiting for us in the kitchen and he hadn’t even touched his food yet. Key umma had brought the tray down since I didn’t want to eat in the room.

“Morning,” Jonghyun hyung said. I greeted him back and sat down on the chair that Onew hyung had pulled out for me. I saw his casted right arm and remembered what happened a few days ago. Hyung’s injured and I still made him worry about me. Aish. Lee Taemin you’re such a meanie.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I suddenly felt a spoon being poked at my lips. It was Onew hyung trying to feed me some cereal.

I opened my mouth and hyung put the spoon in, waiting for me to eat it before he took the spoon back out. He would have fed me again but I shook my head, telling him that I’d do it myself.

“Why?” he asked. He looked a little sad cause I didn’t want to be fed by him but it’s just cause his arm is still injured. I just smiled and continued eating my cereal.

“So Key, what have you planned today?” Onew hyung asked while chewing his food.

“Firstly, hyung, don’t do that. I’m not really sure about what we can do but I’ll figure it out later on, alright? Now just eat,” Key umma ordered sternly.

After a few moments of eating in silence, Key umma suddenly snapped his fingers.

“Let’s go to the beach!” Key umma exclaimed. At the mention of beach, my eyes lit up and I nodded in agreement. Onew hyung smiled and nodded as well. What could Jonghyun hyung have said? He agreed too.

We finished our breakfast and started to get some food prepared. Key umma had a lunch picnic in mind and I sure as hell wasn’t going to have just a few sandwiches. I whipped up a quick meal that consisted of bibimbab, fried egg and some veggies. Then I packed the food into lunchboxes and brought them up to my room.

When I opened the door, Onew hyung was busy changing into a pair of shorts that he seemed to have some trouble pulling up. I sighed and placed the boxes onto the bed before helping hyung to pull his shorts up.

“Thanks Tae,” he told me and turned around to peck me on the cheek. “Are you changing?”

I nodded at him and started rummaging through the closet to find something suitable for the beach. I dug through the entire closet but nothing seemed fitting for a pregnant man to wear to the beach!

“KEY UMMA!” I screeched. Within seconds, the door had slammed open and Key umma was looking at me, obviously quite panicked.

“What happened?” he asked, panting slightly.

“Help me find something to wear to the beach that can hide the fact that I’m a guy,” I pointed to the closet and pouted at him. Key umma glared at me.

“ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOU GOT ME HERE JUST FOR THAT?!” he shrieked. Tears started to pool in my eyes and I nodded, shaking slightly. Onew hyung pulled me towards him and shot a murderous glare at Key umma. He moved me behind him and sat me onto the bed while he continued glaring at Key umma.

“Kim Kibum, you did NOT just shout at my pregnant fiancé,” Onew hyung said in a low voice.

“And if I did? I was ing putting my makeup on dammit!” he shouted. Onew hyung walked up to Key umma and slapped him across the face before he pushed Key umma out of the door forcefully.

“Get out and think about what you did,” Onew hyung shut the door and locked it angrily. He moved towards me quickly and pulled me into a hug.

“Taeminnie, don’t cry,” Onew hyung pleaded. I’m crying? I touched my face with my fingers. Oh. Ok.

Onew hyung spent the next few minutes trying to get me to stop crying, which I eventually did. God I’m crying way too much today. First, in the morning, I cried. And now, I just cried. Again. Damn.

“Come on Tae. I’ll find something for you to wear,” Onew hyung pulled me up and brought me to the closet. I rubbed my swollen eyes and sniffled once more before looking at my clothes.

“I want to swim but…” I pouted and looked down at my stomach. “Is it alright?”

“Of course! I’ve done whatever research that can be done and they say that swimming in the sea is safer than swimming in a pool. Besides, you won’t drown cause I’ll be there,” Onew hyung assured me. I thought about this for a moment and shrugged.

“I don’t have a two-piece swimming suit for girls. I’m sure as hell not going to wear a bikini,” I swore. Onew hyung chuckled and nodded, taking a dress out of the closet and holding it out.

“You can wear this there. As for the swimming costume, let’s say that I bought it one fine day, probably around last week,” Onew hyung grinned cheekily at me. I whacked his head, hard, and he rubbed his head in pain.

“Yah! Why the heck did you buy a swimming costume for nothing?” I asked him incredulously. Onew hyung smiled at me sheepishly, probably debating about whether or not he should answer.

“Um, about that…” Onew hyung started awkwardly. I saw him take in a deep breath before answering. “Ithoughtthatyou’dlookhotinthatswimsuitafteryougivebirthandwehave.”

Did I catch that right? Onew hyung is freaking thinking about having with me ALREADY? Bloody hell, I’m only seven plus months pregnant! My due date is more than a month away!

“Onew hyung…” I replied dryly. I don’t really know how to respond.

Onew hyung just blushed and took a plastic bag out of the closet before he ran out of the room in embarrassment. Aww, my Onew hyung is so adorable!

I opened the plastic bag and took the swimsuit out. It actually looked pretty good, but I wonder if I can fit in this right now. Let’s go try!

 

-------------------------------------

 

Ok, so the swimsuit does fit me. That was kind of amazing.

Now that I think of it, I can just wear my clothes into the water and bring a fresh set of clothes. Yes, I shall do that then.

I walked downstairs with my stuff – food, handbag, and clothes – and sat down at the couch beside Onew hyung. Key umma was in the laundry room grabbing some stuff.

“I’ve already taken the soap, shampoo and towels,” hyung told me. How’d he know that I was just about to ask? He’s a mind reader!

Key umma came into the living room and his gaze landed on me for a brief moment before he turned away almost immediately. Did I hurt his feelings?

“Key umma,” I called out. He turned around to look at me coldly.

“What?”

“I’m sorry,” I apologised. Key umma sighed and shook his head.

“It was my fault. Come here,” he told me and held his arms out, wide open. I smiled lightly and stood up, walking into Key umma’s arms and hugging him.

After we hugged for some time, I heard two people clearing their throats consecutively. I laughed sheepishly and turned around to face Jonghyun hyung and Onew hyung, both wearing the same expression on their faces. Even their poses were the same! They were standing with their arms crossed and they tapped their feet on the floor in annoyance.

“Kibum, that’s enough skinship for today,” Jonghyun hyung decided and pulled Key umma to him.

“Taeminnie, that’s enough skinship for you too. Let’s go,” Onew hyung grabbed my hand and led me out to the parking lot. Hopefully we don’t forget anything.

Jonghyun hyung came out of the house with Key umma, locking the house door as he did so. He climbed into the driver’s seat of his car and Key umma, as usual, rode shotgun. Key umma dumped all the bags that he’d brought into the backseat, just beside me.

Within moments, Jonghyun hyung had started the engine and reversed out of the parking lot. I don’t exactly know if I should call this a parking lot at all, since it’s right in front of the house.

Onew hyung locked the gate as we drove out, and I immediately rested my head on his shoulder. From what Key umma had said, I know that we’re heading to Eurwangni Beach and that was in Incheon. Sure, Incheon isn’t too far from home, but I want to sleep. It’s only, what, noon? I’ve already gone through so much in the past few hours that I was awake.

I slept quite peacefully, not being disturbed by any more nightmares. I think I’ve had enough to handle for one day, yeah?

Slightly more than an hour later, I was shook awake by Onew hyung.

“We’re here!” he exclaimed to me brightly and grabbed our bags before he opened the car door. I shook my head at hyung’s antics, smiling anyway and getting off the car.

Key umma and Jonghyun hyung took everything else out of the car and we went to find a shady spot to picnic. There was a tree not far away from us that hadn’t been taken yet, so we just decided to use that as our picnic area.

We laid everything out nicely and I sat on the mat, lying down and stretching my limbs. Meanwhile, Jonghyun hyung and Key umma had already run off to go and play in the water.

“Tae, you want to play?” Onew hyung asked.

“Nah. Maybe later. Can we eat first?” I asked. Onew hyung nodded and move to grab the picnic basket, but I put my hand over his and shook my head. I took my lunchboxes out of another bag and set them down onto the picnic mat.

“You made these?” Onew hyung asked in shock.

“I can cook ok?” I retorted. I feel insulted.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t notice you cooking though. What was I doing?” Onew hyung questioned.

“You were changing, remember?” I reminded him. He nodded and grinned, opening the boxes.

Hyung scooped up some of the bibimbab and waited for me to open my mouth before he put the rice in. I kind of like being fed. We should do this more often.

The last time I had a picnic with hyung was… the accident.

My lips started to quiver and I started to cry for no reason. Hyung was startled and he put the spoon down, already bringing my shaking body closer to him and holding me in a tight embrace.

“What’s wrong?” hyung asked worriedly, patting my head lightly.

“The last time we had a picnic together, you got into an accident,” I sobbed. He hushed me and broke the hug to look at me in the eye.

“It isn’t your fault. You didn’t expect that to happen either. Let’s continue eating,” he told me and picked the spoon back up to continue feeding me.

I nodded and sniffled before opening my mouth to let hyung put the food in my mouth. Once hyung finished feeding me, I took over and began to feed him. When we finished all the food, I leaned against hyung and sighed in contentment.

A while later, as I was enjoying the scenery, Key umma came in front of me and squatted down.

“Taemin, aren’t you going to go into the water?” he asked. I smiled and shook my head.

“I just ate. I’ll just stay here a while more,” I replied. Key umma nodded and sat beside me, shouting for Jonghyun hyung to get back and eat as well.

We chatted rather happily for a half hour before hyung and I decided that we should go and play. I went to the toilet with hyung and waited outside while he changed.

He walked out of the toilet a few minutes later, eyeing me from head to toe.

“You aren’t going to change?” he asked, sounding a little sad.

“I’ll just wear these clothes into the water. I have another set of clothes in my bag,” I told him and grinned. “Besides, I’m saving that y swimsuit for whenever we have in the future,” I whispered in his ear.

Onew hyung’s face turned red and he nodded shyly.

“Arasso. Let’s go!” he grabbed my hand and we ran to the sea together.

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Oppa!” I screamed as I fell into the water. Onew hyung came over to me immediately with a concerned expression on his face. He pulled me back up and onto the beach, sitting me down so that he could inspect every inch of my body.

“What happened?” he asked worriedly, checking my arms and legs.

“You were splashing water at me and I don’t know. I just fell,” I shrugged. I don’t feel any pain, but hyung seems to be having some issues with checking for injuries.

“You seem to be fine,” he commented and plopped down onto the sand beside me.

“Won’t your hand hurt?” I pointed at the cast.

“Well I won’t let it get wet. Do you want to continue playing?” he asked me. I shook my head.

“I want to build a sandcastle!” I exclaimed childishly. Hyung laughed and nodded, grabbing some sand with his left hand and starting to mould the sand carefully. Since we don’t have the equipment to build a sandcastle, we settled with building a fort.

When we were halfway done, Key umma and Jonghyun hyung walked towards us and looked at us weirdly. Is there something wrong, people?

“Taemin… why?” Jonghyun hyung pointed at the sand fortress that we were almost done with.

“I didn’t want to play in water anymore, so I decided that it’d be fine for me to start playing with sand,” I told them and focused on strengthening to east side of the fort.

“Can we help?” Key umma asked. I glared and him and shook my head.

“Make you own sand fortress! Ours is already so near to perfection and I don’t want anyone ruining it!” I told him and fixed the base of the fort a little.

“Yeah, guys. Just make your own sand fort. When we finish this, we’re heading to the open showers to wash the sand and stuff off, then we’ll change and head back home,” Onew hyung said, not even bothering to look at them as he continued making the fort.

I heard Key umma sigh and sit down behind me, starting to make a sand fort. Jonghyun hyung also began to help Key umma and before we knew it, they had finished the base of the fort.

Meanwhile, hyung and I were already done with our fort, so I stood up and looked at the fort in satisfaction, clapping my hands together to get rid of the sand.

“Oppa, let’s go wash all this dirt off,” I took hold of his hand and walked to the open shower. Onew hyung waved to the other two apologetically and went off with me.

We made it to the open shower that was closest to our stuff and I held hyung’s arm up as he washed the rest of his body. The same went for me, and hyung helped to wash the sand off of my legs.

“Clean enough?” hyung asked. I grinned and nodded.

“Let’s go change. I’ll meet you outside the toilet,” I told him and grabbed my clothes before I skipped off to the toilet. Onew hyung must have been tearing his hair off when he saw me running like that.

I changed into a pair of shorts and an oversized tee quickly and stepped out of the toilet, waiting for Onew hyung patiently with my wet clothes. I heard somebody clucking their tongue but decided to ignore the annoying noise.

“What do we have here? A pregnant maknae?”

A shiver ran down my spine. I know this voice but he shouldn’t be at the ing beach, damn it! Didn’t he have to go for some plastic surgery to get rid of the scars or something? Ugh!

“Yeah? What about it?” I gathered my courage and turned to face him. I spoke in the most fearless voice I could conjure up and looked him in the eye.

Kim Youngmin was right. Minho has new scars and I’m glad that Key umma inflicted them on him. It makes him look better, in a sense. At least it shows that he’s been through something. He’s always been babied when he was young, from what I know.

“I was wondering what you’re doing here alone,” he told me and walked towards me.

“Oppa!” I shouted loudly. I know that Onew hyung could recognize my voice and that he’d come to my rescue. But how would he? His arm is injured…

Onew hyung came out of the toilet and took a single glance at Minho before his left arm swung back and his fist was launched at Minho’s face. I heard a sickening crack and Minho screamed in pain. His nose was bleeding. I think Onew hyung broke the ’s nose.

“Why you little…” Minho wanted to continue speaking but I guess the pain was too much for him to bear. He groaned in agony and knelt down on the floor. Onew hyung pulled me away from him and looked at him disgustedly.

“I’m bigger than you in age, and definitely in authority. Get lost before I call the police. And I suggest that you fix that nose of yours before it becomes crooked permanently,” hyung spat at him. “Let’s go, Taeminnie,” hyung told me and started walking back to our picnic area.

“What happened? I heard Taemin scream,” Key umma interrogated us once again.

“Minho followed us again. I just broke his nose,” Onew hyung said with a sense of pride.

“Why doesn’t he get it? I hope his nose will never be fixed,” Jonghyun hyung remarked and grinned evilly. I have never seen this side of Jonghyun hyung before.

“You guys want to bathe?” I asked. Jonghyun hyung shook his head.

“We’re going to the open shower and just wash the dirt off before we change. I’m sure nobody would see,” Key umma said and hurried on to the open shower with Jonghyun hyung.

“Let’s pack up,” Onew hyung said. I nodded and squatted down to pick up the lunchboxes when Minho came into view once again.

“Oppa!” I warned, but it was too later. Minho had grabbed hyung by the shoulder, spun him around and landed his fist onto hyung’s nose.

“Huh. It doesn’t even hurt. Try this on for size,” hyung snickered and threw his fist towards Minho’s nose again. I heard another crack, this time louder than before, and Minho literally shrieked in pain. His nose hadn’t stopped bleeding and I doubt it will.

“Call the police and lie,” Onew hyung whispered, just loud enough for me to hear. I nodded and grabbed my phone, dialing the police’s number immediately.

I explained the ‘full story’ to them as quickly as possible and they said that they’d be over in a few moments. They happened to be patrolling Eurwangni Beach.

The police came over and got Minho to rest before asking hyung for a statement while we waited for the ambulance. Hyung had explained that Minho was harassing me and he had first hit Minho to protect me. The second time, Minho attacked him first. That much was true.

The ambulance came and took Minho away. The police left after taking my statement as well. Just as they were gone, Jonghyun hyung and Key umma returned.

“Let’s go,” Key umma said and took everything back to the car. We grabbed the remaining stuff and headed back as well. I slept on Onew hyung’s shoulder on the way back.

“Sleep well, Tae. Today’s been a long day for you,” Onew hyung smoothed my hair back and pressed his lips onto my crown gently.

Yes, I have been through a lot. Thanks hyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I feel so sorry for Minho whenever I'm typing this fic cause he always ends up as the bad guy...

Did you guys like this? It was completely random on my part and the next chapter's the same so don't kill me! ><

Hmm there really is a beach such as this cause I went to do my research :)

Well look forward to the next chappie next week!

Oh, I might update a little slower next week on since my Common Test is coming up and I really have to study in order to pass :/

Annyeong! See you guys next week! ^^