Forgiving

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(Continued)

 

—Taemin’s POV—

Key umma actually agreed to come in. I have to admit, I’m quite shocked. Nonetheless, I gave him my brightest smile and after some time, he smiled back at me.

He was dressed in his favourite shirt that I bought for him a few years ago. Also, his pants were the one that I had bought together with him. Now that I think of it, when I met him in the hospital, he was also wearing something that he had bought while shopping with me.

“Taeminnie, is it really you?” Key umma asked. He was a little stunned and stood frozen at his current spot, just a few metres away from me.

I nodded at him and he looked over at Jonghyun hyung who nodded. Everyone currently in the room turned to look at us. Most of them, maybe with the exception of the U-Kiss hyungs and Boyfriend, knew about my problem with Key umma.

I took a slow step towards Key umma. Jonghyun hyung held him in place so that he wouldn’t run away. I walked towards him with a few more steps and looked straight at him.

“Key umma,” I started.

“Ne?” he still seemed a little shocked that I had actually asked him over.

“I’m sorry for all that I’ve done. I’m sorry for shouting at you in April, I’m sorry for ignoring you, and I’m most sorry for ever causing you to be sad. I’ve thought about this for a very long time and I felt that it was completely my fault for thinking too much about your question the other time. Can you forgive me?” I asked in a few short breaths.

He looked at me as if I were mad.

“What do you mean by you’re sorry?” he asked me incredulously.

Oh no. Is he not going to forgive me? After all that I’ve done to get him here, along with the party, how could he not want to forgive me?

“I meant that I’m sorry,” I said, simply.

He messed up his hair – something that he rarely did. Key umma has always been a narcissistic person and he would never ever do anything to ruin his precious hair. However, he just did so without even hesitating. What’s with him?

“You’re sorry?” I nodded blankly. “I should be the one who’s sorry!”

“Mwoh?” I questioned, not seeming to comprehend what he meant. Wasn’t I the one who misinterpreted what he said in April and caused this horrible rift between our relationship? How did it end up being Key umma’s fault?

“It was MY fault for being insensitive. I should have remembered that pregnant people can easily get agitated. It was MY fault that you nearly miscarried. If I hadn’t asked that dumb question, you would never have thought so much and been so angry at me. You wouldn’t have had such a close shave with miscarrying. It was also MY fault for not trying harder to make you forgive me. If I had tried harder to make you forgive me, you probably wouldn’t have to organize such a complicated party and plan to get me here. Will YOU forgive me?” he asked, stressing on the words.

Wait. Key umma’s been blaming himself? At the start, I had thought that it was his fault too. then after thinking about it for some time, I realised what a bastard I was for even shouting at him. Now he’s telling me that it was never my problem to begin with? Wow.

“I won’t forgive you,” I decided. He – and everyone else – stared at me, wide-eyed. “I won’t forgive you until you forgive me,” I finished.

I just have a feeling that Key umma and I might get into another argument over who was at fault. But no, I was so wrong. Key umma said the one thing that I never thought he would.

“Fine, I forgive you.”

I’d always thought that he would insist that it was his fault. Why the sudden change in him?

“Then I forgive you too,” I smiled and hugged my beloved Key umma tightly. He didn’t want to hurt me, so he just hugged me loosely. There’s still something I don’t understand though.

“But Key umma, whatever made you ever say that you forgive me? I expected you to keep arguing and say that it’s your fault. Why the change?” I asked in confusion. He broke the hug and raised his brow incredulously. What? Was his reason very obvious?

“You’d think I would’ve learnt my lesson from the other time in April. I don’t quite need to agitate you again. You know how hard it was for me to live without talking to you for the past three months? How much effort it took Jjong and me to restrain me from coming to find you?” he questioned.

Ok, fine. That much is true. Well I’m not the brightest person around, thank you. Even my teacher said that to interviewers…

“Then I guess we’re all good?” Key umma asked. I nodded and hugged him again.

Around us, everyone started cheering. Even the people who had been outside had come in to watch the ‘show’. I took Key umma’s hand and pulled him to find Onew hyung. I doubt umma knows that hyung has been awake since my birthday.

“Onew hyung’s awake?” Key umma asked in shock. I smiled and nodded.

Onew hyung held out hand for Key umma to shake, and the latter took it in confusion.

“You’re Key, right?” Onew hyung asked. Key umma looked at me in slight surprise.

“Onew hyung, you don’t know me? I’ve known you for years, hyung. Is this some kind of sick joke? Taeminnie?” Key umma turned to look at me, hoping that it was some sort of prank. Sorry umma, but it isn’t. Hyung doesn’t remember you.

“No. When hyung woke up on my birthday, he didn’t remember anything. He knew that I was important to him and he only believed in me. Heck, he didn’t even believe his own father and had to get me to confirm it. But he can remember things that he heard while he was in a coma,” I told Key umma nonchalantly.

“Then that means you heard Minho my baby?” Key umma asked. Onew hyung didn’t know how to reply and just nodded. I saw Key umma’s hands curl up into fists.

“Why didn’t you stop that bastard?” Key umma asked, gritting his teeth to hold in his anger. Uh-oh.

“Umma!” I shouted. Umma immediately came to our side and I told her the situation.

“Kibum, you can’t blame Jinki. He was in a coma. I’m sure he didn’t wish for that to happen either,” umma tried to calm Key umma down. It seemed to have some effect since Key umma relaxed a little and released his fists.

“I know, Mrs. Lee. I’m just annoyed at Minho. Sorry hyung. What happened to your arms?!” Key umma suddenly shrieked, attracting attention all over again.

“You see, Minho’s bro tried to assassinate Tae and I. Jonghyun only got hurt cause he tried to protect Taeminnie. At first, only my right arm was slashed. Then Minsuk went on a rampage and slashed around randomly, causing my other arm to be injured,” Onew hyung explained.

“Jjong got injured while protecting Taeminnie? Jjong, why didn’t you tell?” Key umma asked angrily. “You know how worried I was when I saw your arms in that condition? And Taemin, wasn’t that idiot’s brother in some mental hospital?”

“He was discharged or he escaped and he deleted his history of being in a mental hospital. Then he was a doctor at the hospital and just attempted to take our lives. But as you can see, it’s all superficial injuries. No biggie,” I assured Key umma.

“I swear I will castrate Minho one day. When that day comes, he’d better be ready,” Key umma swore. I chuckled lightly at the statement.

“You should have castrated him before he impregnated me, Key umma,” I told him jokingly. He didn’t seem to take it as a joke though. He actually seemed angry.

“I should have,” he said and walked off to the kitchen, Jonghyun hyung trailing behind him.

“Key seems to be a pain in the ,” Onew hyung stated. He doesn’t remember much, but he infers well. Key umma can be such a pain in the sometimes. Shh, don’t tell him that!

Umma told us to get some food and said that she would be resting in her room. We obliged and headed towards the garden where there were tables. The kitchen wasn’t the only place with food.

I grabbed some chicken drumsticks for hyung and myself, and I put some fried noodles onto a plate before pouring curry over it. Curry with fried noodles is amazing, I tell you. It’s no joke.

Hyung just took fried rice and some popcorn chicken, as well as the chicken drumstick that I had taken for him. He thanked me and we settled down in his room to eat and chat. Jonghyun hyung and Key umma joined us a little while later, probably since they saw us come up.

“Taemin, how’ve you been?” Key umma asked. I shrugged.

“How can I be? Pregnant and aching everywhere. But hyung and appa both help to massage my legs and everything so I see no problem with aching everywhere. Besides, I hardly ever leave the house nowadays so I don’t have any chance to cause myself any bodily discomfort,” I smiled lightly.

The truth is, I don’t really enjoy the process of pregnancy. The only thing that can make me feel that it’s worth it is the fact that I’ll have three adorable babies to myself. Technically, they’ll all have dads, but I’ll be the main parent. I’m one selfish aren’t I?

“Do you have cravings or something? Key umma can get food for you if you have any need,” he told me. I can tell that he’s trying to make up for the past three months but I was the one avoiding him. If I hadn’t done that, he would have pampered me to death.

“Tae always needs strawberries, kimchi and cheese with his meals. Speaking of which…” Onew hyung headed downstairs to get the abovementioned items. I can’t believe I forgot my favourite foods! How could I?

“You eat those three foods together?” this time, it was Jonghyun hyung who spoke.

“Ne,” I replied cheekily and grinned. “There’s nothing wrong with that right?”

They both shook their heads simultaneously.

“But it’s just a little weird-tasting, right? Isn’t it?” Key umma questioned.

At that time, Onew hyung came back in with my food and I grabbed it from him after thanking him. I threw it into my food and started to mix it randomly before I took a bite, making a slight sound of happiness. It tasted wonderful to me.

“What do you mean by weird? Try it!” I suggested and held my plate in front of them.

Reluctantly, Key umma took my fork and took up some fried noodle before he put it into his mouth. He then took a piece of cheese and kimchi before chewing the entire mixture.

Immediately, Key umma’s expression flickered to one of disgust, then back to his usual face. He pretended that it was nice and told Jonghyun hyung to try.

Jonghyun hyung ate my food just as unwillingly as Key umma had. This time, he didn’t make any effort to hide his disgust in my choice of food, causing me to pout.

“Yah, it’s nice ok?” I whined.

“You saw my face, didn’t you?” Key umma asked and sighed. “I tried my best not to show anything.”

“Well you were only doing that so that I would be tricked. But Taemin, it has a real unique taste. In a bad way, of course,” Jonghyun hyung tried to laugh it off. But I still ended up a little upset with him.

“It tastes fine to me though. You can’t blame his taste for being different from yours since he’s pregnant. Pregnant people tend to crave all sorts of things, so it’s pretty normal,” Onew hyung defended. I smiled at him and thanked him for being such a supporting boyfriend.

“See? At least there are people who don’t find my diet strange,” I puffed up my cheeks and continued eating my meal. It tasted heavenly, really. Did I help to cook any of this? It sure doesn’t taste like I would’ve had a hand in cooking it.

“Come on, Taemin. We just think that the taste is a little interesting, that’s all,” Jonghyun hyung said. I just shrugged and kept eating. Beside me, Onew hyung started eating his fried rice too.

We ate and chatted, trying to get hyung to remember stuff. When it was 5pm – time flies – B2ST and f(x) finally arrived and we went down to let them in.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Surprisingly, they had changed into casual clothes, not the type that they would have worn to a filming set. It seemed like the type of clothes that one would just wear at home, but it was nice. At least they feel comfortable here. Not like it’s their first visit anyways.

“B2ST and f(x) are here! Welcome! You missed a very spectacular show just now! It’s called the TaeKey relationship amendment, where Taemin and Key hyung finally forgave each other!” Kevin hyung was on high, from too much food, maybe. He was like shouting at the two groups.

Oh wait. His cheeks were a little red. Yah, KyuMin hyungs, I understand that you love wine but dragging Kevin hyung into this? You guys should know that he’s a bad drinker. Aish… And Kiseop hyung didn’t stop Kevin hyung either. Sigh.

“Welcome! Now please intro yourselves to hyung while I confront KyuMin for a short moment. Kevin hyung, come with me,” I told him gently and tugged at his hand. In his semi-drunken state, he easily complied and followed me. Key umma seemed to realise that Kevin hyung was drunk and decided to come along with me, just in case.

“Kyuhyun hyung, Min hyung, Kiseop hyung,” I called the three of them who sort of caused Kevin hyung to be drunk. The trio turned to look at me. They were each holding a glass of red wine.

“Ne, Taemin? Whoa! Vinnie, what happened?” Kiseop hyung asked, seeming really shocked.

“Annyeong Kiseop! I drank two glasses of that red liquid. It was bitterrr,” Kevin hyung slurred and slumped against Kiseop hyung, but he was still conscious.

“Oh hell. Kyuhyun hyung, Sungmin hyung, did you give Kevin some wine? Or did he like take it on his own?” Kiseop hyung’s protective mode immediately .

“I may have given him a glass or two?” Kyuhyun hyung admitted. If he could have, Kiseop hyung would face palm himself. Babo Kyuhyun hyung.

“I forgot to mention that my Vinnie is a HORRIBLE drinker and he can’t handle his alcohol at all. One glass and he’s already going on high. Two glasses is crazy. If he exceeds that, I swear he’ll go to sleep a few hours after his high is over and wake up with a really bad hangover… and he won’t get out of bed. Then he’ll boss me around and I suffer,” Kiseop hyung explained the importance of not letting Kevin hyung get any alcohol.

“He was really on high already. He was shouting when he greeted B2ST and f(x), and it’s not as if this is a nightclub or anything. They can hear him perfectly fine. I suggest you get him into a bed and let him rest, or get him something to get rid of this drunken stupor. He may hurt himself or someone,” Key umma suggested. Kiseop hyung nodded and turned to Min hyung.

“Sungmin hyung, do you have any idea how to get rid of the effects of alcohol?” Kiseop hyung asked Min hyung, the more reliable person in the couple.

Min hyung nodded and headed to the kitchen, asking me to come along just in case they couldn’t get the ingredients needed.

Min hyung eventually concocted this hangover drink thingy that was supposed to neutralize the effects of alcohol. Kevin hyung was forced to drink it, despite his unwillingness. The drink took a few short minutes to work and Kevin hyung was back to normal.

“Ugh, Kiseop, what happened?” Kevin hyung asked in confusion. I’d bet he didn’t know what happened when he was drunk, I mean seriously.

“Let me recap, Kevin hyung. Firstly, you drank two glasses of this red wine, which is really strong, may I add. You were shouting at everyone. When B2St and f(x) came over, you greeted at them in a super loud voice. Then after that, I dragged you to find Kiseop hyung and KyuMin hyungs to get this hangover drink which made you back to normal,” I told him and his eyes widened.

“Ok, which idiot made me drink alcohol?” Kevin hyung demanded.

Kyuhyun hyung stepped out and raised his hand a little guiltily.

“But I kind of question what made me even agree to drink,” Kevin hyung suddenly thought.

“I may have tried to convince you that this was merely fruit punch of sorts? I remembering using the term ‘cranberry juice’ and you just believed me,” Kyuhyun hyung said and he got a whack on the head, first from Min hyung, then from Kevin hyung, then Kiseop hyung, and lastly Key umma.

“Ow!” he whined and went off to find EunHae hyungs. He was, quite sadly, chased after by Min hyung and was caught. This resulted in the funniest thing that I’ve ever seen.

A few minutes later, KyuMin came out of the toilet. Min hyung and Kyuhyun hyung – no, I should say KyuBunny – came towards us. Obviously, none of us could control our laughter and we just exploded from it. Kyuhyun hyung in a pink-coloured, pumpkin-scented, bunny suit was just hilarious.

“And there goes my evil maknae reputation,” Kyuhyun hyung mumbled.

“Kyu, what do you have to say to Kevin?” Min hyung asked. I swear he was pinching Kyuhyun hyung through the costume somehow, making Kyuhyun hyung wince.

“I’m sorry Kevin and Kiseop. Will you guys forgive me?” Kyuhyun hyung said and started to do Woohyun hyung’s infamous bunny aegyo. The owner of the aegyo caught sight of this and walked over to the where we were standing.

“Yah, Kyuhyun hyung. I don’t mean to be rude, but why did you steal my bunny aegyo? And you’re doing it wrong, too! It’s supposed to look like this,” Woohyun hyung began to demo his bunny aegyo, giving us onlookers goose bumps.

“Sorry Woohyun-ah. I just wanted him to do this so that he learns never to trick Kevin into drinking alcohol again. Come on Kyu, let’s continue your parade,” Min hyung explained, slightly apologetic, and moved to the center of the crowd with Kyuhyun hyung.

Almost instantly, the five of us heard roars of laughter and we saw a very embarrassed Kyuhyun hyung in the midst of the crowd. He was still doing the bunny aegyo in the suit. Sad life you have, hyung. That should teach you not to trick others.

Sunggyu hyung approached us and found his lover.

“Woohyun, why the hell is Kyuhyun hyung doing your aegyo in a bunny costume? And the costume smells like pumpkin!” Sunggyu hyung exclaimed.

“He tricked me into drinking alcohol and made me go on high, so this is his punishment,” Kevin hyung helped Woohyun hyung to say.

“Oh. Taemin, Minwoo and Sungjong were looking for you. Chunji and L.Joe seemed to be with them when I left,” Sunggyu hyung told me and led me to where they were. Key umma said that he was going to find Jonghyun hyung while VinSeop went back to find the other U-Kiss hyungs.

“Taemin, thanks for the party!” Minwoo enveloped me in a hug once I came into his line of view.

“Careful, Minwoo-ah. You’re welcome,” I said and grinned at him.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

“Guys, there’s one last part of the party that you wouldn’t want to miss. The guests-of-honor for today are Jinki, Taemin, and Minwoo. Let’s welcome them to the living room shall we?” umma announced. Who knew that her voice could become some sort of loudspeaker?

Everyone started to gather around the living room and I dragged Minwoo with me to find Onew hyung before heading to the middle of the living room, where the cake that hyung and umma had baked was placed.

“Firstly, today is Minwoo’s birthday. Also, we are celebrating a belated birthday for Taemin who has been through too much in the past year. Lastly, we will be celebrating as Jinki has finally woken from his seventeen-month coma. Without further ado, let’s sing a birthday song for the two boys!” umma exclaimed and she counted to three before everyone began to sing.

When did umma suddenly become an MC? She could be famous!

After the birthday song, we clapped hands and Minwoo and I blew out the candles. Since it was a cake for the both of us, there was only one candle. We cut the cake together and people started to congratulate us – and Onew hyung – formally.

Obviously, there was that moment where Donghyun hyung came up and pecked Minwoo on the forehead, causing the younger male to blush madly in embarrassment. He’s really like a younger me. No wonder we click so well.

Onew hyung had also come forward, but instead of a peck on the forehead, he kissed me fully on the lips. Of course, I blushed as well, turning even redder than Minwoo had.

We, the two birthday boys, served a small piece of cake to everyone. We had to cut it into really small pieces so that everyone would have gotten a slice. It was my current favourite fruit – strawberry. Don’t worry banana milk! I still love you the same. Kekeke.

“Minwoo! Taemin! Open the bags that we gave you,” Hyoyeon noona told us.

I found Minwoo, holding his bag. We looked at each other and shrugged, figuring that it wouldn’t hurt to see what kind of present the noonas have prepared.

When we opened the boxes inside of the bags, Minwoo and I turned to look at the SNSD noonas.

“What’s the meaning of this, noonas?” Minwoo asked a little angrily, clutching on tightly to the gift.

Guess what they gave us? Dresses. Freaking dresses. I understand that I look awesome when I cross-dress and that Minwoo does too, especially today, but this does not mean that we require something like a dress in our closet.

“What do you think? I think it’ll look good on you guys,” Sunny noona commented proudly.

“I doubt we’ll have many chances to wear this, noonas,” I tried to reason with them.

“Yah! How could you just waste our hard work? I don’t care; I’ll personally make sure that you wear these and then I’ll take some photos as keepsakes,” Sooyoung noona grinned evilly.

One does not simply cross Sooyoung noona. Minwoo knew that logic as well as I do, so we just nodded and gave in to her. She smiled satisfactorily and said bye to us before skipping back to f(x) with the other two SNSD noonas.

“Minwoo-ah~” Donghyun hyung called out. “I’d love to see you in another dress soon, ne?”

Minwoo gulped and nodded stiffly. “Donghyun hyung is madly in love with me in a one-piece costume. That’s the only reason why he wanted that as my concept for our photoshoot during W Academy,” Minwoo admitted and I wished him good luck before he went back to his boyfriend.

We started mixing around and talking again. This time, I went to chat with Teen Top whom I hadn’t seen in quite some time. The B2ST hyungs joined in the conversation, considering that they don’t know Teen Top really well and they wanted to make more friends.

The main topic of our conversation? My pregnancy. Annoying, isn’t it? I have to hear people talk about me everywhere I go. I mean I don’t mind, but I’ve never been an attention seeker.

We ended the conversation with them giving me a ‘hwaiting’, and I walked off to find the U-Kiss and Infinite hyungs. They too were chatting about me. Seriously? Is my big belly so interesting?

Apparently, Kevin hyung was jealous that I could actually get pregnant. So were Sungjongie and Yeol hyung…? Ugh, even Dongwoo hyung was jealous? And Woohyun hyung? These hyungs must be mad to think that having children is fun.

I went to explain how sad it is to be able to have children. For example, having menstruation. I really don’t understand why guys would blame girls for having PMS. Trust me when I say that bleeding lly monthly is not pretty. It’s worse for me, considering that I bleed anally.

I forgot to mention another thing. Menstrual cramps. And when a person is having his or her period, for me, anyway, my back hurts like hell. I also have cramps like any other person. People who do not suffer from menstrual cramps, count yourselves lucky!

I have no idea why I’ve digressed to talking about menstruation. Right, cause the U-Kiss and Infinite members were being jealous about my pregnancy. I’d rather adopt and save a life if I couldn’t get pregnant. I wouldn’t ever wish to have to suffer monthly.

I told them that I was going to find Onew hyung and of course they let me go. I headed back into our shared room where JongKey and Onew hyung were. They had been chatting or doing something, I guess. I doubt they were eating for the entire time, right?

“Key umma, Jonghyun hyung, Onew hyung,” I greeted and sat down on the bed beside Onew hyung.

“Taeminnie, I heard that you didn’t want Minho to find out about Onew hyung being awake?” Key umma asked me unsurely. I nodded and sighed.

“Key umma, I know that you always talk too much and shoot your mouth off. I know I’m being overly direct, but you and I both know that I’m telling the truth. So please don’t mention anything to Minho. I’m sure he’s already found out from his brother, but maybe you can try to trick him into revealing whether or not he knows about hyung being awake. Just ask him about hyung or something, and then see what he replies. Please don’t tell Mr. Kim Youngmin, or he’d force me to go back and perform a month after I give birth. Arasso?” I confirmed, hoping that he would agree.

Quite expectedly, Key umma smiled and nodded.

“No problem. Your secret is safe with me. What time is it?” Key umma asked.

I looked at my watch and my eyes widened.

“It’s already 7pm! I think you should go back soon or Minho may get suspicious,” I reminded them.

Jonghyun hyung nodded and stood up. “I’ll just thank Mrs. Lee for preparing most of the food. We’ll help you to tell the others that it’s time to leave as well,” Jonghyun hyung offered.

I complied and they went downstairs. Since hyung and I were the hosts, we decided that we should at least send the guests off. So we followed JongKey down and bid everyone goodbye. It turns out that some people, specifically those who had a schedule earlier in the day, were so worn out that they had fallen asleep.

On the sofa, Seob hyung, Hyunseung hyung, Victoria noona, Luna, and Amber, were all leaning on each other, squeezing on the three-sitter sofa like sardines.

I went over and woke them up with Key umma’s help. He could be really y when he wanted to. He literally shouted into their ears for them to wake up.

They weren’t too blur – thankfully – and they all left within minutes. In a few moments, the once packed house was emptied and only the three of us were left.

Being pregnant and hosting a party is really tiring, so I quickly washed up and went to bed first. I really couldn’t take the day’s activities. It was so tiring~!

See you soon then, whenever something else happens. Annyeong!

 

 

 

 

Chapter 11 for you lovely readers~!

Taemin and Key finally made up after like god knows how many chapters! :D

I just started a YeWook Fic, You're Mine. YeWook shippers please support it! ^^

Cause I've started this new fic and my cca is about four times a week, I don't have a lot of time to type, so I might update this either weekly or fortnightly... :(

I hope you guys can understand and look forward to the next chapter! Comments are loved :)