Psychiatrist

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(A few days later)

 

—Taemin’s POV—

“Taeminnie, wake up.”

I felt myself being shaken by somebody, and I guessed that it was hyung. I opened one eye sleepily and squinted at the figure hovering over me, smiling when I realised that it was in fact Onew hyung.

Hyung pressed a kiss onto my forehead and pulled me up into a sitting position as I yawned and stretched, rubbed my eyes and blinked rapidly.

“Morning hyung,” I greeted. Hyung returned the greeting and kissed me again before he stood up and dragged me to the toilet along with him. What day is it again?

“It’s Sunday, Tae. You wanted us to bring you to Key’s psychiatrist friend right? We’re heading over once we finish breakfast. She’s closed the clinic today just for you,” hyung answered. Did he read my mind or something?

I heard hyung sigh and I turned to look at him worriedly.

“Taeminnie, you’re thinking aloud again,” he informed me. I blushed in embarrassment and smiled sheepishly, brushing my teeth quickly so that I could escape later on.

When I was done and I washed my toothbrush, I had been ready to go and get some food. However, I’d forgotten that hyung’s arm was still in a cast and he couldn’t move it freely.

If hyung hadn’t called me back in, I would’ve just left him alone in the toilet. Oops…

I looked back to see hyung pouting at me and pointing at his cast. I sighed and walked back in, picking hyung’s toothbrush up, putting some toothpaste on it, and helping hyung to brush his teeth. I don’t know how he managed it, but hyung managed to grin throughout the entire two minutes that I spent on brushing his teeth.

Next, I washed hyung’s face for him and wiped it dry carefully, not wanting to use too much strength. Once I finished washing up for hyung, we went out to find some breakfast. I am a very hungry maknae who just happens to be pregnant with triplets.

We walked down the stairs and sat at our usual spots at the dining table. Appa had no work today, but umma had already left about an hour or two ago.

“Good morning appa,” I greeted. He smiled at me and pushed a plate of sandwiches to me.

“That’s your breakfast, along with some cereal and banana milk,” appa told me and looked back down at his morning paper. I have never found any interest in reading a boring piece of paper. All reading papers does is make my fingers dirty and I don’t like it.

“How about me, appa?” Onew hyung asked, feigning hurt in his voice. Appa sighed and pointed at the plate of white bread in the middle of the table, then at the jar of peanut butter.

“That’s your breakfast. We have coffee and milk; which do you want?”

“Ok, I get it. Sheesh, you don’t have to be sarcastic, appa,” Onew hyung said. Appa can be so mean at so many times. Oh well. At least he’s a fun person, if you take away his usual seriousness. Sometimes I feel like hyung’s entire family is made up of kids.

“Hyung, just eat. We’ll be heading over to Jihyun’s place after you’re done,” Key umma told Onew hyung, sounding somewhat impatient. He seems overly-edgy today and I don’t know why.

Hyung nodded and spread some peanut butter over his bread, folding it into half and chewing on it. He went over to the fridge to get the carton of milk. Since he didn’t take a cup, I’m betting that he’s just going to drink right from the carton.

I took a sandwich from my plate and looked at its contents. Bacon, strawberry jam, kimchi and cheese. Cool! I wonder who made this for me.

“It was me and, Tae, you have to stop thinking aloud,” Onew hyung told me, shaking his head as he sat back down beside me. I pouted and nodded, taking a bite out of the sandwich. It tastes delicious! Thank you hyung~!

“Welcome,” hyung replied. I blushed, realising that I had thought aloud yet again.

“I don’t even understand why…” I was cut by Key umma while I was speaking.

 “We get the point. Just eat, ok?” Key umma asked politely, smiling at me. I grinned and nodded, eating my breakfast quickly. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m a very hungry maknae who is pregnant and eating for four. Not just two, not three, but four.

We ate in silence and appa left the dining table at some point in time, retiring to his room. He must want some rest from his work. I’m quite glad that SHINee’s currently on hiatus since we’ve been working our asses off for that bastard of a Kim Youngmin. I feel sorrier for the SuJu hyungs, but hey, a guy’s got to be selfish.

Once I was done, Jonghyun hyung offered to wash the dishes. I gladly let him, of course, and I went to my room with Key umma to choose some presentable clothes.

“Taemin, you’ve still been having nightmares?” Key umma asked as he closed the room door. I sighed and nodded, plopping down on the bed.

“Sometimes I don’t, like today, but I’d say that I have nightmares eight out of ten times that I sleep,” I estimated, lying down on the bed and rolling on my sides. Key umma sat on the edge of the bed and gave me a look that said ‘you’d better stop rolling around or else.’ Of course I obeyed him, not wanting to be murdered or something.

“Jihyun will fix that. Now, what do you want to wear?”

 

-----------------------------------

 

I walked downstairs with Key umma, our arms interlinked with each other. I felt like I was being wedded off by my appa, but then again, Key umma isn’t my appa. Technically, Jonghyun hyung is, but I don’t call him appa now do I?

The two of us sat down on the couch, flipping randomly through the channels that hyung’s TV had. Since they subscribe to cable, there were hundreds of channels and I got bored just watching Key umma switch channels.

I suddenly felt hands covering my face, making it unable for me to see.

“Onew hyung…” I warned. Hyung chuckled and took his hands away, sitting beside me and giving me a light peck on the cheek before he clung onto me. I turned to stare at him weirdly. Is he desperate for skinship or something?

“Get a room, guys,” Key umma remarked and leaned against Jonghyun hyung.

“Same goes for you,” I retorted. Key umma just grinned cheekily at me. I feel like face-palming myself sometimes. Why are the people whom I’m associated with all so childish?

Jonghyun hyung shot me an understanding look, but he still kissed Key umma on the crown. How long have these two been together anyways? If I remember right, they’ve been together since we debuted, or a while before that.

“Should we go?” Key umma asked. I nodded and turned the TV off, jumping up to land on my feet. I feel accomplished! Well, I did, until Onew hyung gave me that ‘don’t do that again’ look. I sighed and nodded, trudging out of the house.

Onew hyung had gone back in to grab all of our stuff while Jonghyun hyung went to retrieve his car keys. Key umma and I waited outside the car, and I caught a glimpse of Minho. He’s still trying? Oh god dammit! This guy… AISH!

Key umma turned to look at me and immediately pulled me back into the house, checking to see if the gates were locked. He locked the house door as well and sealed whatever other entrances existed. He then went upstairs to scout.

“What happened?” Jonghyun hyung asked worriedly, walking into the living room with his car keys in one hand, and Key umma’s tote bag in another.

“Minho,” I said. Jonghyun hyung sighed and dumped everything on the couch, walking upstairs while calling out for Key umma. What does he plan to do?

Onew hyung entered the living room and raised a brow questioningly. “What?”

I sighed again. “Minho’s here.”

Onew hyung threw my bag onto the couch and ran upstairs as well. My stuff!

I grabbed my bag and looked through its contents. Damn. My phone is in here. Well, it doesn’t look too damaged. Hopefully it isn’t. What else is in here?

Oh bloody hell. Hyung did not just destroy my autographed photo of Emma Watson. Do you know how long it took me to get this photo? I had to queue for hours and hours! I freaking woke up at like 4am to go to the fan sign venue and there were already so many people! And you know what the best part is? I was alone, and I had to disguise myself, so no matter how badly I had to pee, I couldn’t. And I was so damn unlucky to have my period on that day.

I don’t even understand why this photo is in my bag – I guess I don’t pack my stuff often – but hyung is going down. There is no way that he’ll get away after causing my autographed photo to be folded in half! It was already laminated but my boxes of food crushed it!

I breathed in deeply and tried to calm myself. It didn’t work very well.

“LEE JINKI!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. I don’t make it a habit to call hyung by his full name, but this cannot be forgiven easily. If hyung doesn’t replace this, he can forget about marrying me.

Hyung rushed down, and he was panting by the time he stopped in front of me.

“What happened?” he asked in a panicked voice. I clenched one of my fists tightly and held up the photo with my other hand. I don’t even want to look at hyung for fear of going ballistic on him. I just grit my teeth and kept taking deep breaths.

Hyung didn’t say anything, not that I heard him say anything. Why is he not responding to this?

“What about it?” hyung asked. I whipped my head to face him and glared at him, standing up and walking towards him. I could tell that hyung was slightly intimidated. What can you say? An angry Taemin is not something that everyone can handle. Right now, since I’m pregnant, I’m hormonal as well. I don’t even know what I’m capable of.

“Do you know what this is? It is my autographed photo of Emma Watson. I got it when I was still a trainee, probably in 2006. I had it LAMINATED just so it would never get destroyed. But somebody just chose to be a smart aleck and threw my bag around, folding the photo in the process. Do you know how much effort it took to get this photo? DO YOU?”

With every word that I spoke, I took one step forward, poking at hyung’s chest. Hyung’s back was pressed against the wall by the time I finished speaking. I held the damaged photo up for hyung to look at again and took another deep breath to calm myself down.

“Taeminnie…” hyung started, but I cut him off.

“I swear you’d better find some way to get another autographed photo for me. If you don’t, forget about marrying me, ever! Lee Jinki, I mean what I say,” I told him and stormed off to my room. It’s a good thing that JongKey were in their own room, scouting. I slammed the door close and locked it.

I went to sit down on the bed and stared at the photo. I saw a drop of water on the photo and my vision was beginning to get blurry. Am I crying? But why would I? Oh damn you bloody hormones.

I just curled up on the bed and sniffled, hugging the photo to my chest. I went through so damn much to get this photo. I really did mean what I said, and hyung better do as I told him to.

I heard someone knocking on the room door, and Key umma began calling my name. He was telling me that Jonghyun hyung had already called the police to drag Minho away.

“Arasso,” I croaked. I don’t believe that I cried that much. My voice is just gone.

“Taemin, are you crying? Let me in,” Key umma requested gently. I sighed, getting up to open the door for him. I see no harm in letting Key umma in, I guess.

He walked into the room and we sat down on the bed.

“What happened to you?” Key umma asked in concern. I showed him my damaged photo and that was the only explanation that Key umma required. He knows basically everything about me since he is supposedly my umma. He literally interrogated me when he said that he was to be my umma.

“I’m sure you can get hyung to get another one for you,” Key umma assured. I nodded.

“I hope so too. I told him that if he doesn’t get a replacement, he can forget about marrying me,” I informed him. Key umma looked at me, wide-eyed.

“Isn’t that a little…” he was trying to find the appropriate word to use.

“Harsh? Yeah, it is. You know how much I went through to get this! I’m not going down without a fight,” I said hardheadedly. Key umma chuckled and ruffled my hair.

“Arasso. I’m sure the police have arrived already,” Key umma told me. He stood up and offered a hand. I took it and we went downstairs together. Key umma can really cheer me up. He’s the only one who can.

I stopped in my tracks and gave Key umma a light peck on the cheek.

“Thanks Key umma,” I said gratefully. He smiled at me and nodded.

“Key umma will always be here for you, got it?”

“Ne!”

“Let’s go find the other two idiots.”

 

------------------------------------

 

“Tae!”

I turned away from the owner of the voice, trying to avoid eye contact. I’m still ing pissed off by him destroying my photo.

Onew hyung grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

“Taeminnie, listen. I already went to eBay and managed to find a few people who were selling their autographed photos. I’ve bought all those that I found,” hyung told me. I had been looking at my feet at first, but my head shot up at hyung’s words.

“What?”

“It’s true, Taemin. I saw him do so,” Jonghyun hyung verified.

I can’t believe this. Hyung did that just cause I asked him to? I didn’t really expect…

I started to cry and I hugged Onew hyung tightly, thanking him continuously. Hyung patted my back with right hand and my hair back with his left. He kissed my crown a few times, and we just stayed like that for a few minutes.

“I told you; I’m here for you. You can ask me to do anything, and I would,” hyung reminded me. I nodded and smiled against hyung’s chest. What did I do to deserve an awesome fiancé like this? Even after I screamed at him earlier on… Oh hyung, I love you.

“I love you too,” he answered. Wonderful. I spoke aloud again? Like seriously?

“I’m sorry to disturb your moment, but can we go now? It’s almost noon and Minho’s already been taken away – again. We have to go find Jihyun before she decides to stop waiting for us,” Key umma told us. I laughed at his impatience and nodded.

“Let’s go,” I grabbed hyung’s hand and we went out of the house. This time, I carried my own bag. I don’t even know what will happen if hyung throws it around again.

We got into the car while Jonghyun hyung locked the house door. He got into the driver’s seat and of course Key umma sat beside him. As he slowly drove out, Onew hyung locked the gates to the house. In no time at all, we were headed to Key umma’s friend’s clinic.

I was trying to fight off my drowsiness for fear of having another nightmare, but Onew hyung pushed my head down onto his shoulder. It was obvious that he wanted me to get some rest. I was tired too, so I gave in. I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to hyung’s warmth. Hyung wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled my closer, pressing his lips onto my crown.

“Sleep well, Tae,” he whispered. I nodded and let sleep take over me.

 

-----------------------------------

 

“Jihyun-ah! We’re here!” Key umma started knocking violently on the glass door. It shook a little and I was kind of afraid that it might suddenly fall.

The doors to the clinic were locked, probably because it was closed today just for me.

After a few moments and a turn of the key, the door opened to reveal a very pretty noona. She was in the standard uniform of a doctor, and her hair was let down. Her hair is so wavy! When I had extensions, they were just left like they were, and they were not wavy at all.

“Kibum, long time no see,” Jihyun noona greeted and hugged Key umma. Ok, it’s a little weird to be calling your psychiatrist ‘Jihyun noona’ when you know an idol who also happens to be addressed by ‘Jihyun noona’.

“Yeah. Jihyun, is there anyone else in the clinic today? A receptionist or something…?” Key umma looked around. Jihyun noona shook her head and made way for us to enter. She seemed a little surprised when she saw me. I mean it is rather strange for a pregnant woman – I’m cross-dressing – to be at a psychiatrist.

Jihyun noona locked the clinic doors before going to the employee’s pantry to get some food and drinks for us. That’s good cause I’m feeling hungry and the only food in my bag would be my side dishes. I cannot eat that for a full meal.

Jihyun noona came out from the pantry, holding a tray of small snacks and a few cups of water. I stared at the snacks blankly and sighed, turning to hyung.

“I’m hungry,” I pouted. Hyung chuckled and nodded, taking his phone out. I bet he already has some kind of restaurant on his speed dial. I always ask him to get food for me.

“What do you want? Western, Chinese, Korean, or Japanese cuisine?” hyung asked. I racked my brains for a moment. Western would mean steak. If it’s too raw, it’s bad for my triplets. Japanese means sashimi. I do not eat Japanese cuisine without sashimi. That’s raw and bad. So, Chinese or Korean? I have enough Korean food to eat so Chinese it shall be!

“Chinese,” I replied and grinned. Hyung nodded. He called the restaurant and started ordering a few of my favourite Chinese dishes, hanging up when he was done.

“They should be here in about a half hour,” he informed me.

I heard someone clearing his/ and I looked towards the source of the sound. It was Jihyun noona. She seemed a little uncomfortable with the way hyung and I were acting towards each other. Is there anything wrong in doing aegyo? I think not.

“Who’s the person who needs treatment?”

Everyone immediately pointed at me and I raised my hand up.

“Really? What’s your problem?”

She sounded rather rude, and I frowned.

“Let’s see. I was by a close friend, he caused my boyfriend to get into an accident, and I’m pregnant with his children. Also, he disappeared from my life for a few months, just reappearing recently. I keep getting nightmares which always end with me and my children dying,” I tried to keep my story concise and smiled at her sweetly. “Is that ok?”

From the corner of my eye, I saw hyung looking at me worriedly. He can tell that I don’t quite like Jihyun noona. I always give attitude to these kinds of people who seem to discriminate me. She was so damn sarcastic with her ‘What’s your problem?’ .

“And I’m supposed to believe that?” she asked incredulously. I didn’t want to explode on someone again, knowing that it’s bad for my triplets if I keep getting angry, but this is going down.

I stood up, walking towards her.

“Do you think I’m making things up? What? I don’t look pregnant enough, is that it? Or do you think that I actually did not get , and that the children I’m carrying are actually my boyfriend’s? I get nightmares because I’m mad, is that it?” I demanded. She looked slightly afraid of me after I started shouting at her, and hyung had to pull me back to sit down.

“Taeminnie, I understand that her tone is ed up, but you have to be patient. Maybe she’s testing you,” hyung hypothesized. I don’t believe that she’s testing me. However, I do understand the importance of being patient.

I crossed my arms and huffed a ‘Fine!’ while sitting on the couch like a boss.

The – I shall no longer address her as Jihyun noona; that’s an insult – started walking back to stand in front of us. She adjusted her specs and looked at Key umma for help. She can’t handle me, is that it? Well she’s weak.

“Kibum, what is with your friend? She has got some attitude problem,” she told Key umma. Oh you did not just insult me in front of Key umma. You are going down, . There is no freaking way that Key umma would protect you over me.

I saw Key umma roll his eyes and stand up, glaring at the .

“Did you just insult her? You have some attitude problem, you son of a . She is pregnant and scarred, and she obviously wants to stop having nightmares. You think she’s lying? Well, here’s a newsflash for you. SHE ISN’T. If you tell me that she has an attitude problem, then we must all have attitude problems. Don’t you know that pregnant people are hormonal? Are you stupid? you. I can’t believe I suggested coming here. Let’s go,” Key umma finished ing around and grabbed my wrist, bringing me out of the clinic. That was one long rant.

“Wait, Kibum!”

Key umma didn’t turn back, instead pressing the lift button angrily. His grip on my wrist was getting tighter and it hurts. I felt tears stinging my eyes, but I don’t want to cry over something like this.

Hyung and Jonghyun hyung hurried over to us, carrying all of our stuff. We got into the lift and the got in as well, before the doors could close fully.

“Listen. I’m sorry, ok? I know that I was being a , but someone told me to do it,” she admitted. Someone got her to piss me off? Is that person too free or something?

“It was Minho,” Key umma had a murderous glint in his eyes, and he gripped my wrist even tighter than it already was. I let out a whimper and Onew hyung’s head whipped around to look at me. His gaze travelled down to my wrist, then at Key umma’s hand.

Hyung came over and pushed Key umma away, pulling me to him and inspecting my wrist. I could see a slight bruise forming and I swear that a murderous glint would be in hyung’s eyes as well. Oh no. I don’t need this to happen again.

I pushed against hyung’s chest until he was backed up against the lift wall.

“Don’t,” I told him. Hyung sighed and nodded, rubbing over my injured wrist with the pad of his thumb. It felt rather soothing, especially since hyung was being so gentle.

“When did he tell you to do this?” Key umma asked.

“Yesterday. I don’t understand how he knew that you were coming, but he just told me to do it. He said that if I didn’t, he’d burn the clinic down. I can’t let that happen. He’s installed a CCTV in the clinic so that he knows what’s going on,” the started crying and I rolled my eyes. Hasn’t she heard of security guards? The police?

“That bastard. I’m going to find him. Can you just help her? I can let you use my house, but get rid of her nightmares. I’ll be back,” Key umma said, leaving with Jonghyun hyung. We got off the lift, staying there in awkward silence.

When my food came, hyung and I ate. We offered some to Jihyun noona – since she has a reason for being a , I shan’t call her a – but she refused it. She must be guilty.

After we finished the food, hyung hailed a cab and we headed over to Key umma’s place so that she could treat me without having to worry about Minho’s interference. I slept during the cab ride, and hyung was still rubbing my wrist. The bruise had already formed; an ugly purplish blob that tainted my skin. It looks horrible.

She finished treating me through hypnosis – I’m not sure, I was being hypnotized – and we went our separate ways. Of course hyung and I went back home, and we took a cab again. I am tired as and today has been such a long day.

Once we arrived home, I went to our room and slept. Hyung kissed me on the lips and tucked me in, telling me to sleep well and that he would wake me for dinner.

The last thing I heard was the click of the door closing before I succumbed to my need for sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

I know that many people requested for baby time and that’s coming up next week! I was just lazy to edit this cause if I added baby time, I don’t know what this chapter would have turned out like :/

Anyways, how was it? I did say that it was random, right? I wasn’t kidding, honestly. -.-

Well, no matter how weird this chappie was, I tried and, I have to admit, I think the next chappie’s gonna be even weirder. I almost made it ty but this fic is supposed to be pure. If I ever decide to write a for this (or try to), I’ll post it on a separate fic ok? ^^

Look forward to the next chapter! I’ll see you guys again~! :D