Giving Birth

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

I’ll be typing this in nobody’s POV since I feel weird typing it in either Onew or Taemin’s POV. And I tried to make this as realistic-ish as possible so enjoy~! :)

Oh, and imma call Tae’s parents Mr. and Mrs. Lee while Onew’s parents shall just be Onew’s mum and Onew’s dad XD It makes things less confusing for both readers and me ^^

I’ll be switching in between the waiting room and the delivery room just for the sake of all the random drama that’s going on out there. It isn’t really dramatic but I just felt like adding it in X)

And let’s just say that Key’s umma followed Dr. Kim to the other hospital ne? :)

 

 

 

(Continued)

 

—Nobody’s POV—

“AHHHHH!”

Taemin’s shrill screams rang throughout the delivery room as he pushed as hard as he could, panting after he did so. Sweat coated the young male’s forehead as he bit his lip, trying to hold back another scream.

Beside him, Onew held onto Taemin’s hand while pressing reassuring kisses to his forehead. Well, it was actually Taemin gripping on to Onew’s hand as tightly as he could in a futile attempt to relieve the pain that was coursing through him. Onew’s hand felt as if it was going to be crushed, but he just bore with it, knowing that Taemin was going through a lot more pain.

Dr. Kim was looking at Taemin’s to see if the baby was coming out yet, sighing when she didn’t even see a sign of the baby’s head. It had been almost six hours since Taemin had been brought into the delivery ward but up till now, not one of the triplets were showing any signs of wanting to come out from their umma’s womb.

“Taemin-ah, push again when you feel another contraction, arasso?” Dr. Kim instructed gently. Taemin nodded, resting for the moment.

“Tae, you can do this. After all these months, it’s finally time for you to bring the triplets into this world. Hwaiting!” Onew whispered into Taemin’s ear, being as encouraging as always. Taemin forced a smile at Onew and gasped as another contraction hit him. Again, he tried to push with all his might, but his energy was beginning to be drained.

“Taemin, the first baby’s crowning!” Dr. Kim exclaimed excitedly. She loved being an obstetrician for one particular reason: watching the parents’ expressions when their child is born. She also feels a great sense of achievement whenever she successfully delivers a baby.

Taemin suddenly seemed to get a boost of energy upon hearing Dr. Kim’s words. He propped himself up with Onew’s help and pushed when he felt the contractions.

“Taeminnie, just a while more and you can rest! Come on!” Onew cheered, grabbing a towel and wiping the sweat off of Taemin’s face. Taemin nodded, determination evident in his expression, and he waited patiently for the next contraction before pushing again.

The baby’s head was out and Taemin only had to push one more time before the first baby would be born. Seeing how tired Taemin was, Onew asked Mrs. Kim for water. He’d heard from his umma that childbirth could be dehydrating, especially if one had already been in labour for a couple of hours without water.

Onew let Taemin drink some water through a straw. It seemed to revitalize Taemin more as the younger male gathered up all of his remaining energy and pushed when Dr. Kim instructed him to. Taemin felt a little uncomfortable as the baby slid out of him and into Dr. Kim’s hands, but his grin was wider than it’d been in months.

Mrs. Kim cut the umbilical cord, and then cleared the baby’s nose and mouth so that it could breathe. Before long, the cries of a baby sounded throughout the room. Mrs. Kim smiled as she cleaned the baby. She wrapped the baby in a clean and disinfected towel before turning to Taemin.

“Taemin-ah, here’s your baby girl,” Mrs. Kim told Taemin as she passed Taemin’s daughter to him. She was already reaching out for Taemin, as if she knew that he was her umma. The baby girl looked just like her umma, from her eyes all the way to . They were all the same as Taemin’s.

Dr. Kim and Mrs. Kim both smiled as they watched the couple cry tears of joy. Taemin hugged his daughter close to him and Onew kissed his fiancé’s forehead, hugging the two of them tightly.

Almost instinctively, the new-born snuggled closer to her mother, on her thumb. Taemin giggled at his daughter’s adorable actions and he just had to give her a light kiss on the forehead. As if she could understand the meaning behind a kiss, the baby girl opened her eyes and smiled at her umma. Taemin and Onew literally melted at the sight.

“What’s her name?” Onew asked softly. Taemin thought about this for a moment.

“Welcome to the world, Lee Eunmi. I love you.”

 

------------------------------------------

 

Outside the delivery room, a whole bunch of Taemin’s friends were anxiously waiting for Taemin or Onew or any other person to come out and tell them something. Key was pacing around nervously, biting on his pretty nails and murmuring to himself. He’d been doing this for the past three hours and honestly, Jonghyun was getting annoyed.

“Kibum, come here. You can’t help by doing that. Now sit down and chillax, ne?” Jonghyun asked. “Taemin’s a strong boy and he has Onew hyung to help. Nothing can go wrong.”

Key nodded reluctantly and let Jonghyun drag him to the row of chairs that was occupied. ChunJoe were there, Myungsoo, Sungjong and Sungyeol were there, VinSeop were there, and Heechul was there too. Junhyung and Hyunseung had rushed over not long ago from a schedule. Onew’s parents were there too, as was Taemin’s family.

Mrs. Lee had wanted to go in, saying that she was a nurse and she should have the authority to help her son who was in labour, but it wasn’t the hospital she worked in, so she was denied access.

At the side, Chunji was on the verge of tears. He’d been that way since he and L.Joe arrived at the hospital. He kept blaming himself for getting Taemin into this situation, saying that it was because of his surprise birthday party that the couple had been kidnapped.

Sungjong was crying, as well as Sungyeol. Myungsoo was busy comforting them and kept telling himself that he had to be strong for his boyfriends. He wished that he could break down, but that’s going to make everyone feel worse.

After what seemed like eternity to them, Mrs. Kim stepped out.

“Taemin’s given birth to a baby girl called Eunmi. We’re going to have to keep you posted since there are two more babies to come. I just came out to keep you guys updated. Don’t worry about Taemin; Onew’s doing a fine job of helping him,” Mrs. Kim assured everyone.

“Miyeon, how’s Taemin? Is he in a lot of pain?” Mrs. Lee asked Mrs. Kim who chuckled.

“Haekyung, isn’t it only normal to be in pain? Don’t worry, you have a strong son. I have to go back in so I’ll just keep you guys updated,” Mrs. Kim told them and returned into the delivery room. As soon as she was out of sight, Mrs. Lee sighed and returned to sit beside her older son and her husband.

“Umma, Minnie’s going to be fine. I know my dongsaeng and he’s a tough kid! Stop worrying about Minnie already. Appa and I are going to get some food. Do you want something?” Taesun asked. Mrs. Lee shook her head and Taesun sighed. “You have no choice.”

Mr. Lee and Taesun stood up and headed to the cafeteria, leaving the others behind. The two of them were getting a truckload of food for everyone who was waiting for any more good news. What they don’t understand is why people would just wait there for such a long time when they know that Taemin won’t be out so quick.

Back in the waiting area, Sungjong and Sungyeol had stopped crying after hearing the news about Taemin’s daughter. They were busy bugging Chunji to get him to cheer up, knowing that he probably wouldn’t cause he was the type to blame himself for everything.

“Lee Chanhee, it isn’t your fault! They were trying to make you happy, not depressed! Snap out of it already!” Sungjong threw his diva fit and almost slapped the younger male across the face had it not been for Sungyeol’s restraining hand.

“Jongie, this isn’t going to help. Byunghun, try to figure something out ne?” Sungyeol requested. L.Joe nodded and wrapped an arm around Chunji’s shoulder, looking at the older boy seriously.

“Chanhee, we did this for your birthday, got it? And I just realised that it’s past midnight! Happy birthday babe~,” L.Joe sang, trying to lift his boyfriend’s spirits. He pressed a kiss onto Chunji’s lips and it was all the older could do to hold back a small smile.

Sungjong gasped at a sudden realization.

“Chanhee, it’s already 12.45am! Taemin’s children are all going to share the same birthday as you!” Sungjong exclaimed, squealing excitedly. “We can celebrate your birthdays together!”

Chunji glanced at the wall clock at the end of the corridor and looked at the time. Sungjong was right. The triplets would all share his birthday. Unknowingly, the sides of his mouth curved up into a smile.

“That’s right Chanhee! You have to smile!” L.Joe told his lover happily and pressed another kiss onto his cheek. Before they knew it, the three Infinite members were singing ‘Can You Smile?’ to Chunji. After a while, Chunji was all smiles, as if he hadn’t been gloomy just moments ago.

On the other side of the row of chairs, Junhyung and Hyunseung looked over at Key who was, once again, chewing on his nails. Hyunseung honestly wanted to whack the nervous diva on the head cause he was overreacting. Heechul had the exact same instincts.

“Key, this isn’t like you. You aren’t the type to ruin your nails – your oh-so-beautiful nails – just cause you’re nervous!” Hyunseung screeched at the diva. Key didn’t even spare Hyunseung a glance and Hyunseung went to stand in front of Key, his hands across his chest.

“Snap out of it! You aren’t helping!” Hyunseung chided. Jonghyun sighed and decided to convince Key to stop acting that way. It definitely was out of character.

 

----------------------------------------

 

Taemin had been asleep for the past hour.

The young boy was exhausted from pushing for the past few hours, and the next baby didn’t seem like it was going to come anytime soon, so Dr. Kim told him to take a rest. The baby would ‘tell’ him when it wanted to come out.

Onew was sitting on a chair beside the hospital bed, cradling Eunmi in his lap. The baby girl was sleeping peacefully with her thumb in . Onew had been afraid to carry her at first, but for his lover’s sake, he got over his stupid fear. He was at least willing to try to hold her while sitting as her umma rested.

Onew was slightly shocked when Taemin stirred, groaning in pain. Dr. Kim, who had been standing at the side talking to the nurses and writing some things down, immediately headed over to the bed. Mrs. Kim requested Onew to put Eunmi in the cot and he did so as carefully as possible, not wanting to wake the new-born.

Once he did that, Onew walked over to Taemin and gripped onto his hand, kissing him as he did so. Taemin cracked an eyelid open and smiled weakly.

“Yeah, the next baby’s ready alright,” Taemin informed Dr. Kim who nodded and got ready to do her job. Taemin held in a scream as a contraction hit him, pushing hard. Onew whispered into his lover’s ear, telling him that everything would be alright.

Taemin lay back down on the bed after pushing, waiting for the next contraction to come so that he could push again. He looked up at Onew.

“Hyung, how’s Eunmi?” Taemin asked. Onew just smiled and pointed at the cot in the corner of the room where Eunmi was sleeping. “Is she awake?”

Onew shook his head. “She’s been sleeping ever since you did. That girl sure likes to copy her mummy, huh?” Onew joked. Taemin hit Onew’s arm playfully, his cheeks heating up in embarrassment.

Taemin opened his mouth to retort, but all that came out was a scream as the next contraction came. Barely a second later, another scream was heard, and it wasn’t from Taemin. Mrs. Kim carried Eunmi out of the cot and tried to shush her, rocking her and trying everything that she could, but Eunmi just wouldn’t stop crying.

Taemin pushed again and panted as he did so, his eyes darting towards his daughter worriedly.

Onew looked over at Eunmi and back at Taemin.

“Tae, I’ll be right back,” Onew said. Taemin nodded and Onew let go of his hand to get Eunmi from Mrs. Kim. At first, Mrs. Kim rejected. She said that it wasn’t a good idea, but Eunmi just did not stop crying, so she gave in eventually.

Once in Onew’s arms, Eunmi’s crying subsided, till it was just a soft hiccup. Onew walked back to the bedside and sat down so that he could hold onto Taemin’s hand while carrying Eunmi. Taemin couldn’t help but smile at the sight of Onew carrying Eunmi. They looked like real father and daughter already.

“Aww, is our Eunmi a daddy’s girl?” Taemin cooed, but he winced as another contraction hit. He focused his attention back on delivering his next child first. He pushed down hard and felt as if he were being ripped apart.

“The baby’s crowning already. You’re making great progress, Taemin. At this rate, you’ll get this kid out in a half hour at most,” Dr. Kim said encouragingly. Taemin smiled in gratitude at the doctor, turning back to face Onew and his daughter.

Eunmi had fallen asleep once again, and Onew was smiling at her.

“Taeminnie, she really looks like you,” Onew told his fiancé. Taemin nodded, acknowledging the fact.

“But she really likes you. I bet you’re a better father than Minho will ever be, hyung,” Taemin said confidently. Onew’s eyes teared when he heard Taemin saying that. He never thought that he would be a good father in the future, but what Taemin said motivated him to try his best.

“Taemin-ah, come on. Push again,” Dr. Kim instructed. Taemin obliged when a contraction came. Before he knew it, the baby’s head was completely out and it would take another one or two pushes to get it out completely.

“Eunmi, why couldn’t you have been like your sibling?” Taemin joked. But it seemed like Eunmi misunderstood her umma’s words, if she could even understand anything, because she woke up and began wailing. Taemin immediately panicked but Onew was still as composed as before.

“Eunmi-ah, umma didn’t mean what he said. Shh…” Onew told the baby girl in a calm voice. Eunmi quieted down right away, giggling and blowing saliva bubbles. “Eww…”

As another contraction hit Taemin, he pushed as hard as possible and his next child was born. Another nurse cut the umbilical cord and cleared the baby’s nose and mouth, but the baby didn’t make a sound. Dr. Kim looked at Taemin in horror and took the baby into her arms, checking for any signs of a pulse. There were none.

Taemin’s eyes were fixated on Dr. Kim and he held his breath.

“Taemin, I’m sorry but… your second daughter is a stillborn,” Dr. Kim told Taemin. Taemin shook his head stubbornly, refusing to accept reality.

“Give my daughter to me,” Taemin demanded. Dr. Kim nodded, handing the stillborn to Taemin who cried as soon as she was in his arms. “Eunkyung-ah, you haven’t even seen this world yet! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE UMMA LIKE THIS?!” Taemin shrieked. Onew covered Eunmi’s ears, not wanting her to be frightened.

“Taeminnie… don’t be like this, alright?” Onew asked, patting the younger male’s hand gently. Taemin shook his head adamantly and before he knew it, Onew was crying too.

“HOW CAN I BE CALM?! My daughter’s dead! Hyung… she’s gone…” Taemin sobbed. Onew passed Eunmi to Mrs. Kim before hugging his fiancé, crying together with him.

Suddenly, a small sound was heard in between them. Onew and Taemin both gasped and pulled back, watching Eunkyung intently. The baby girl hiccupped again and she started to cry. Taemin cried again, but this time, they were tears of joy.

“Thank God you’re alright, Eunkyung. Don’t ever scare umma like that again,” Taemin choked out in between sobs. Onew wiped his tears away before wiping Taemin’s tears, hugging his lover again. Somewhere in the room, Eunmi was in a crying fit and Onew had to go get her.

“Come on Tae. You just have your son left and you’re done,” Onew told Taemin. The younger male grinned and nodded, kissing his daughters and fiancé, heaving a huge sigh of relief.

“Onew’s right. You can have a nice long rest after this, Taemin,” Dr. Kim said. Taemin nodded, but decided to rest again as he probably had some more time before his son decides to come out.

 

--------------------------------------------

 

For the second time that night, Mrs. Kim walked out of the delivery room. Taesun and Mr. Lee had returned with food and all of them were eating, but they stopped immediately and crowded around Mrs. Kim as soon as she was fully out of the room.

“Taemin’s second daughter was a stillborn…”

Before she could continue, Mrs. Lee broke down in tears. Sungjong and Sungyeol did too, as well as Key, Hyunseung, Heechul, Chunji and Kevin. Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes and chuckled at their reactions. They should at least wait for her to finish talking. Did they not realise the use of the word ‘was’?

Mrs. Lee stared at Mrs. Kim when she heard the latter chuckling.

“Is it so funny that my granddaughter’s dead?” she asked, glaring at the younger woman.

“Wait for me to finish. Eunkyung was a stillborn, but a miracle happened and she’s alright now. It might have been because she was oxygen-deprived for a short while, but we never know. Taemin’s asleep now, and Onew’s still in there playing with the two girls. I’ll be back to inform you of anything else,” Mrs. Kim told them.

“Thanks, Miyeon-ah. I’m sorry for shouting at you. I was just so scared,” Mrs. Lee admitted.

“Don’t worry about it. I have to go back in now,” Mrs. Kim said.

“Thanks umma,” Key smiled and kissed his umma on her cheek.

“No problem. I’ll see you guys in an hour or two,” Mrs. Kim told them and retreated into the delivery room. Everyone sighed in relief and sat back down on the chairs.

“Kiseop, do you want to go walk around the hospital? I heard that Dongho was admitted yesterday night, when we weren’t back from our schedule. Something about him having a high fever…” Kevin trailed off. Kiseop widened his eyes. He hadn’t been told.

Kiseop nodded and the couple went off after telling the others where they were headed.

“Kiseop-ah, don’t you think that Onew and Taemin are so lucky? They get to have their own children without having to adopt,” Kevin said. Kiseop shook his head.

“Even if we have to adopt in the future, I’ll love the kid like he or she is my own,” Kiseop replied and pressed a kiss onto Kevin’s soft lips. Kevin broke the kiss, not wanting to have in the middle of a corridor in the hospital.

“What if I tell you… that I’m like Taemin?” Kevin revealed. Kiseop almost choked on air and stared at Kevin, thinking that the younger was lying. But judging from Kevin’s facial expression, he sure as hell wasn’t joking around.

“Really? How did none of us know?” Kiseop questioned.

“Thing is… I’m good at hiding stuff. I still have that stuffed toy that I stole from you two years back,” Kevin smirked. Kiseop gasped.

“Mr. Fluffy?!” Kiseop asked in shock. Kevin burst out into laughter, holding onto his stomach as he laughed. Kiseop could only pout at his lover.

“He was a present from my aunt,” Kiseop whined. “Give him back!”

“Fine, after we get home alright? Let’s go find Dongho,” Kevin said, grabbing Kiseop’s hand and skipping off to wherever Dongho was staying.

Back in the waiting area, Onew’s mother had fallen asleep. She didn’t get much sleep, after all. Onew’s father was talking to Mr. Lee about their sons, quite animatedly, to be frank. It was a little strange for two men to be talking about their sons’ gay relationship so excitedly.

Heechul and Key were arguing about who should be the god-grandmother of the triplets. How could they want such a title when they’re divas? Won’t they feel old? These people are weird, that’s all I can say. At the side, Jonghyun could only sigh and tell them that they both could be the god-grandmother of the three kids.

Meanwhile, the Teen Top and Infinite members were calling the other members and informing them of the current situation. Taesun, who was sitting near them, was muttering to himself, saying that they were crazy for calling the others at 3am.

“…and Mrs. Kim said that the second daughter was a stillborn at first! Omo, I was so scared for Taemin hyung when she said that. But apparently she’s alright now,” Sungjong exclaimed. Well, actually Sungjong was the only Infinite member left cause MyungYeol decided to go get some coffee, by popular demand from choding Yeol.

Beside Sungjong, Chunji was screaming into his phone.

“Yes, Taemin’s fine. Why’d you guys ask him to surprise me, anyways? He’s pregnant, for god’s sake! And because of the stupid surprise party, Taemin and Onew hyung were kidnapped. It created the perfect opportunity for Minho to strike, you babo! MWOH? Aish, arasso,” Chunji ended the call rather angrily, puffing his cheeks up.

“Byunghun, we have to go back and prepare for my birthday fanmeet,” Chunji sighed. L.Joe gasped, obviously having forgotten about the insignificant event, as compared to this, anyway. Chunji may love his fans, but he treasures his friends more. He didn’t want to leave the hospital, but he had to.

“Mrs. Lee, we have to leave. Please keep us updated about Taemin’s condition. We’ll visit as soon as possible,” Chunji requested, bowing to Mrs. Lee as they left. They bid their farewells to the others, saying goodbye to VinSeop who had just returned.

The remaining people just chatted amongst themselves while waiting for more good news.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

“Gah! Sheesh, what is wrong with this kid?!” Taemin hissed, pushing as he felt another contraction. It had been one hour since his son had decided to come out, but until now, he didn’t seem like he was coming out anytime soon. Sighing in frustration, Taemin lay back against the bed and whimpered.

“Why’d Eunkyung take such a short time while this kid takes so damn long?!” Taemin exclaimed exasperatedly. You’d be like him too, if you’d been in labour for the past nineteen hours and your last kid just refuses to come out.

“Relax, Tae. Eunkyung and Eunmi just fell asleep ten minutes ago and you wouldn’t want to wake them up again, would you?” Onew chided. Taemin groaned in pain while shaking his head.

“I’m just tired. Come on out already…” Taemin sighed, rubbing his stomach. As another contraction came, Taemin pushed. Dr. Kim’s eyes lit up as she saw the baby’s head.

“Just a while more, Taemin. I’d say ten minutes, based on your current progress,” Dr. Kim estimated. Taemin smiled and nodded, glad that this would finally be over soon. Onew kissed Taemin a few times, encouraging him as he did.

Everyone in the delivery seemed to be cheering for Taemin as he pushed yet again, for the nth time that night. The baby was gradually coming out, and Taemin was as glad as anyone could be when he knew that.

You’d better not have problems like your second noona, Taemin thought. A contraction hit Taemin and he just screamed, pushing as hard as he could. You could really see the effort he put into this one push, judging by the veins that were starting to appear on the boy’s face.

Thankfully, Taemin’s hard work paid off as his son was born. He probably didn’t have any energy left to push anymore; he’d used up all of it in that last push.

Again, the baby’s nose and mouth was cleared and this time, Dr. Kim held out a pair of scissors to Taemin. Taemin blinked at her, confused, happy and tired all at the same time.

“Would you like to do the honours of cutting the umbilical cord?” Dr. Kim asked. Taemin nodded, suddenly reenergised and grinning brightly, and took the pair of scissors from Dr. Kim. With her help, he successfully cut the umbilical cord, and his eyes were b with tears.

“Annyeong, Jaewon-ah. I’m umma,” Taemin greeted his son as Mrs. Kim handed the crying new-born to him. Onew smiled at them, realising how much Jaewon resembled his father. On the other hand, Eunmi looked like Taemin and Eunkyung was a healthy mix of the two.

“Taeminnie, you do realise that Jaewon looks a hell lot like Minho, right?” Onew asked. Taemin shrugged, shushing his son.

“I don’t care. He’s my son. I won’t lie to them and say that you’re their birth father, but I’ll lie about Minho’s whereabouts,” Taemin huffed, still pissed at the visual of SHINee.

“He’ll probably be jailed anyway,” Onew said, shrugging.

Dr. Kim cleared .

“Let’s get the triplets into the baby room (A/N: I don’t know what that room’s called ._.), and Taemin into his ward,” Dr. Kim told them.

The nurses brought the triplets out, and the others who were outside couldn’t help but coo at the three of them. It seemed as though the triplets were reluctant to leave though, because they began crying once Onew and Taemin were out of sight.

“Tae, I’ll be right back. The kids are…” Onew was stopped by Taemin who held a finger to Onew’s lips and nodded, asking him to go and take care of them since he himself was in no condition to. He’d probably fall flat on his face.

Onew rushed out to stop Mrs. Kim and the other two nurses, but realised that they’d already been stopped by everyone else. They were still crying though, and it didn’t help that they were being surrounded by fifteen unfamiliar faces and they’d just been born hours ago.

“Stop crowding around them, sheesh. Does it seem like they’re happy to see you, with the way that they’re crying? EXCUSE ME!” Onew yelled, getting everyone’s attention. They had all been clamouring to carry the triplets and didn’t hear Onew at first.

Mrs. Kim frowned and asked Onew to keep quiet since there were still patients, and he apologised sheepishly. Then he got everyone to move away, allowing the triplets to get some air, before he picked Eunmi up and rocked her till she stopped crying. He repeated the process for both Eunkyung and Jaewon, and soon enough, they were sleeping soundly.

Onew asked Mrs. Kim and the other two nurses to bring the triplets to wherever they were supposed to be. The three nurses obliged and wheeled the triplets away. When the triplets were out of earshot, Onew crossed his arms across his chest.

“Umma, Mrs. Lee! Shouldn’t you know that you guys shouldn’t suffocate the triplets? Like seriously, they need air! And everyone else too, don’t freaking suffocate them! Same goes for appa and Mr. Lee who both have experience as well. Has it really been so long since you’ve been around babies?” Onew demanded.

Heechul laughed.

“Onew, you’re sounding like an overprotective father already,” Heechul chuckled. Onew glared at Heechul, showing that he wasn’t joking around. Heechul coughed awkwardly and hid behind Key. Oh Heechul, how could you be scared of Onew’s glare?

“We do know that we shouldn’t crowd them, but they were just so adorable!” Mrs. Lee squealed. Onew rolled his eyes, unable to believe his future mother-in-law. He didn’t say anything, just returning to Taemin quietly.

“The triplets are ok?” Taemin asked. Onew smiled and nodded, sweeping Taemin’s fringe to the side before pressing a kiss onto his forehead.

“Get some sleep. I’ll get some clothes before coming back,” Onew told Taemin. Taemin yawned and nodded, falling asleep almost instantly. The nurse wheeled him into his ward and Dr. Kim just looked at Onew with a smile on her face.

“Onew, you have a way with people. Keep it up, ne? I’ll check on Taemin again later on,” Dr. Kim said.

“Arasso. Thank you so much for coming over to this hospital just for us. Will we be transferred over or do we just stay here?” Onew asked.

“You’ll be transferred over tomorrow. We’ll settle everything later. If that’s all, then I’ll be going. Ask your questions when I check up on Taemin afterwards,” Dr. Kim said. Onew bowed while thanking Dr. Kim profusely. Then he went to find his friends and family.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

“You idiots,” Onew muttered under his breath. What makes Onew say that? Well, picture this.

Heechul, Sungjong, Myungsoo, Sungyeol, Key, Jonghyun, Kevin, Kiseop, Junhyung, Hyunseung, Taemin’s parents, and Onew’s parents, were pressed up against the glass of the baby room (A/N: Or seriously, whatever it’s called). Their faces were literally squished against the glass and I think some babies who saw them started to cry because, honestly, they looked scary that way. Taesun was the only one who had any sense left in him.

“But they are so adorable! Eunmi is a mini Taemin, Jaewon is a mini Minho, and Eunkyung is neither!” Kevin exclaimed as if it were the most amazing thing in the world. Onew swore, if he could sweat drop, he would have ages ago.

All of a sudden, Eunkyung began to cry. Onew felt his heart break a little when he couldn’t go in to comfort her. He saw a nurse pick Eunkyung up and rock her. The nurse also tried to feed Eunkyung milk, burp her, and check her diaper, but there was nothing wrong. Eunkyung just kept crying until her face turned red.

Panicking, Onew knocked on the room door and the nurse opened it, looking at him curiously with a crying Eunkyung in her arms. Onew pointed at Eunkyung.

“Can I just… she doesn’t calm down when other people carry her. Only her umma and I can do it,” Onew admitted. The nurse hesitated, but seeing as how Eunkyung wouldn’t stop, she had no choice, so she passed Eunkyung to Onew.

Onew began rocking Eunkyung while making some funny faces at her. Within seconds, Eunkyung’s crying turned to giggling and she reached out towards Onew face. Onew smiled and let her slap him since it didn’t hurt. From the side, the nurse looked at Onew in shock.

Once he was certain that Eunkyung was asleep, Onew passed Eunkyung back to the nurse who thanked him sincerely. Onew smiled and said that it was nothing, and that she could look for him whenever one of the triplets was crying.

Onew went off to find Taemin, leaving the fifteen idiots gaping at him and his mystical ability to stop any of the triplets from crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well I ended this a little weirdly but then there’ll be a couple more chapters to come~! :)

What’d you think of this? I think it’s a little… strange, I guess? I focused a little too much on the others rather than OnTae *.*

I hoped you guys liked this AND MY EXAMS ARE OVER!!! XD

Ok, so just look forward to my update next week ^^

Annyeong! :D