Fever

Just to let you know, I love you too...

 

(A day later)

 

—Taemin’s POV—

I was heading to the hospital after leaving Onew hyung’s house. With me were Onew hyung’s childhood toys, especially the extra memorable ones. The most important one, apparently, was this toy of a power ranger. Maybe that’s why Yoogeun was so in love with them.

Also, I brought the porridge that his umma made. It had some ginseng chicken in it and as much as I was tempted to eat it, I already finished my breakfast. Guess what I ate?

If you guessed cereal, you’re partly right. I ate cereal, put kimchi in the banana milk WITH the cereal, for reasons unknown to me, and I ate some ginseng chicken after my breakfast too! Umma’s ginseng chicken is really daebak! It’s no wonder hyung fell in love with chicken.

Ok, I’m sorry for blabbering.

Anyway, I just reached the entrance of the hospital and as usual, the security checked everything that proved that I was Lee Taemin and not a fake before they let me in.

I saw Dr. Jang checking up on Onew hyung before I knocked on the door and entered the room. The moment Onew hyung saw me, his eyes lit up like a little kid.

“I remember something about Minho! But it’s not a good thing…” Onew hyung seemed reluctant to tell me what he had remembered, as if he was afraid that I would be upset.

“It’s good to have you remember something, Onew. At this rate, you should recover your memory within a few months. Your medicine is to be taken after breakfast, which I see Taemin has brought along with him today. I’ll go inform the nurse that she doesn’t have to bring breakfast for you today. Taemin, take it slow and don’t ever rush. Take care of yourself, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Dr. Jang waved and left after reminding me not to force Onew hyung to remember everything  right away.

After I put the food container onto the bedside table, I adjusted the bed so that hyung was sitting upright and I fluffed the pillows for him before laying him back down onto them.

“What did you remember?” I asked gently, not wanting to force hyung to tell me. I wanted to know, but not at the risk that hyung may be somewhat afraid of me. He looked so small and afraid already, I didn’t need to worsen his fear.

Hyung gulped and inhaled deeply before speaking.

“I remember things about Minho. Only about him. He’s SHINee’s main rapper and our visual, along with Jonghyun. He was a really good kid until January last year, when he confessed and ruined our anniversary. I may not remember anything about our relationship, but events with him in it, I can roughly remember. Anyway, he collaborated with Victoria noona to wreck our relationship. I know everything that happened between you and him while I was asleep. He you. Oh god, he you but I couldn’t do anything. I heard you plead with me, but I just couldn’t move my muscles and wake up to kick his . If it weren’t for me being unable to wake up, you wouldn’t have been . I’m so sorry Taeminnie. I really am,” hyung started to cry.

After hearing everything that he just confessed, I knew it wasn’t his fault. It never was, and I knew that fact right from the beginning. It was my fault for running onto that damn road and causing hyung to have to save me. If it weren’t for me being unable to wait, hyung would never have been run down. It’s my fault. I’m sorry.

I sat down on the bed and wrapped my arm around hyung’s shoulder, pulling him closer so that his head rested on my shoulder. I started to cry as well, but not for myself. I cried for hyung, for being so stupid. I cried for his friends and family who’s had to suffer because of my stupidity. I cried for everyone whom I’ve hurt with my actions.

“Tae,” hyung sniffled. He sat back up and looked at me with his puffy eyes.

It’s glad to have hyung calling me by alternate nicknames again. This was what I’m accustomed to, not my real name ‘Taemin’. It was too weird hearing this word from Onew hyung’s mouth so often. I’m happy that hyung was finally awake. Reality hasn’t exactly hit me just yet.

“Yes, hyung?” I croaked. Ok, I have no idea why my throat was so raspy. I poured a cup of water and gulped it down before looking at hyung again.

“Do you forgive me for all that I’ve done?” he asked sincerely. This was the hyung that I’m used to. Yeah sure, he may not remember anything about his past, but at least his behavior was more normal. He had never, ever blamed anything on me before. He only knew how to blame himself, even when it was so obviously my fault.

“You do know that it’s my fault you’re in this mess? I never did understand why you’d always overlook all my wrongdoings if they’re towards you. Or on second thought, you never have blamed me for everything ever since we met. I know you love me, but you can’t spoil me like this all the time you know?” I told him. He seemed to feel bad about this, for some reason. Maybe I had sounded a little too harsh to him.

“So you want me to change my behavior towards you?” he asked, scared.

“It’s ok, I like the way you treat me. Just don’t spoil me too much, please?” I asked cutely, in a softer tone. I know it was because I sounded fierce earlier, that’s why he was terrified right now. I should really have thought this through. How could I have forgotten that Onew hyung was vulnerable right now? That he needed my protection instead of my harsh words?

My head started pounding a little and I blinked rapidly, trying to get the annoying feeling away.

It didn’t exactly work the way I wanted it to. If anything, it only made my head pound even harder cause I used facial muscles. Damn.

“…Alright. I’m sorry if I’m being a scaredy-cat. It’s probably because I can’t remember anything. I’ll try my best not to act like a little child who needs help,” Onew hyung took a deep breath before telling me all this. I smiled reassuringly at him and nodded, his hair comfortingly.

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it,” I told him and stood up, only to fall back onto the bed.

My head kept spinning and it was really getting irritating.

“Taeminnie? Tae? TAEMIN! Holy ,” Onew hyung cursed.

I frowned. Why’d hyung curse?

“Hyung… don’t use vulgarities… you’re the one who kept telling me that…” I mumbled before I passed out. I heard hyung call my name before he called for the nurse frantically.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

—Onew’s POV—

I have no idea what just happened, but Tae out right in front of me.

He told me that I told him not to use vulgarities. I did?

I don’t even care about that any more. I just decided to call the nurse over as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I made sure that Taeminnie was breathing. It took ages for the doctor and nurse to get here. I could have had gone crazy within that time.

When they arrived, they loaded Tae onto a stretcher and took him away.

I called Jonghyun to come. I found his number in my phone and since he was the one around Taeminnie the most while I was unconscious, I decided it best that I call him.

“Jonghyun, it’s an emergency. I have no idea why but Taeminnie just fainted. Yes, right now!” I shouted and ended the call.

Oh yeah, I informed Heechul hyung too.

“Heechul hyung, I know that you have to do your civil work today. I’m so very sorry for disturbing you but can you please come over now? Tae fainted. No, he didn’t hit the floor, thank god. But he’s with Dr. Kim now. Yes, thanks so much! I’m sorry for the trouble. Ne, see you!” I ended.

Once I ended the call to Heechul hyung, a doctor had come in upon hearing what had happened. His nametag read ‘Dr. Choi Minsuk’. Who the hell was this guy? Weirdo.

“Onew, what the hell happened to Taemin? Why’d he suddenly faint?” the doctor questioned me, as if it was my fault. He thought that I would actually deliberately hurt Taeminnie? What the hell was his problem?! I may not know much about my past, but I know one thing for sure.

Tae was the love of my life and I’d never let him go for the world.

Cheesy, sure, but that’s what you said. I find it perfectly fine to be cheesy.

“How would I know?! You’re the doctor, not me! All he did was comfort me when I was feeling depressed about myself!” I yelled angrily. What the hell was this guy’s problem? Couldn’t he tell that Taeminnie’s more important than arguing with me?

“Calm down, Onew. I wasn’t trying to agitate you. I just wanted to find out what happened to help Taemin’s doctor diagnose him with whatever he has, that’s all,” he held his hands up in a surrender. I inhaled and exhaled sharply before clenching my fists tightly.

He has no bloody right to interrogate me.

Just then, Jonghyun rushed into the room and stared at the stranger. He knew that I would never hurt Tae, I can tell. He knows me a lot better than this weirdo.

As I expected, he grabbed the man’s collar and pushed him against the wall.

“What. Happened. To. Taemin?!” Jonghyun demanded. The stranger was gripped with fear. I could completely see the terror on his face.

“I don’t know! I really don’t! He was the only one here when Taemin fainted!” he shot back, pointing at me accusingly.

Jonghyun spared a glance at me before focusing his attention back on him.

He pulled his arm back, preparing to punch. When he swung his arm forward, he stopped mid-air. He wasn’t going to go against his principles and assault someone, no matter how they act.

“Don’t try to push the blame onto Onew hyung. I know him better than you do and I know that he’ll never hurt Taemin no matter what. In this whole world, he loves Taemin the most. He’ll do anything for Taemin, so what makes you think that I’ll believe you when you say that its hyung’s fault? If it isn’t your fault, then just say so! Don’t be unprofessional and try to blame others!” Jonghyun shouted at him angrily. I could tell how pissed off he was at the doctor.

I hope that he won’t do anything which he will regret.

“Fine, he probably fainted due to fatigue, ok? I’m sorry for accusing Onew,” the doctor told him.

“Apologise to hyung, not me. He’s the one whom you insulted with your words. If you kneel and ask for his forgiveness, I won’t say anything. I’ll keep this a secret. But you better bring me to see Taemin right after hyung forgives you,” Jonghyun said coldly.

He pushed the man to the side of my bed, where he got onto his knees and apologised. It sounded sincere, but I didn’t give him any attention.

“Jonghyun, can you bring me with you to find Taeminnie? I’m really worried about him. I know that it’s my fault that he fainted, so please,” I pleaded. Without hesitation, Jonghyun nodded and got a wheelchair for me before getting my IV drip. I grabbed the food container and Jonghyun began pushing me to Dr. Kim’s room to find out more.

“Onew hyung, what do you think happened? He was so excited yesterday just thinking about you being awake, but now… he just collapsed. Why?” Jonghyun asked me worriedly.

“You don’t think I did it, right?” I replied his question with another question. He shook his head furiously, sure that I was innocent.

“You have no reason to. You love Taemin, he loves you. Even though you just woke up yesterday, I can see that you’re already very sure about your feelings towards him. So why on earth would you ever make him faint, especially now that he’s pregnant? No matter how jealous you may get, hyung, you would never hurt Taemin intentionally. The only time that he was really hurt by you was when you were sarcastic about something but he took it too seriously. That’s the only time that I know of. Apart from that incident, you’re both really sweet to each other. Probably one of the sweetest couples that I know,” Jonghyun explained.

“My guess is that he was really stressed out and tired when he found out that he lost my memory. In the morning, when he just reached, Dr. Jang was saying something about taking my medicine and whatnot. After he left, I told Tae about what I remembered over the past night. I heard everything in the room when I was in a coma. I heard Minho him, I heard him pleading me to save him, but I was too weak. I know everyone’s names but I just can’t match their faces,” I told him.

“So why DID he faint?” Jonghyun asked again.

True, I didn’t exactly answer his question.

“He looked more tired than usual, so maybe he didn’t have a good rest. And this morning, I kept blaming myself for causing him to be , and he kept reassuring me that it wasn’t. We both cried and maybe that’s one of the reasons why he collapsed. Either that or his body finally couldn’t take it when I woke up. Like his mission was completed, so he stopped fighting. But now, he has another mission, so I’ll make sure he never collapses due to something like this again. It was my fault, sorry,” I apologised and bowed from on the wheelchair.

“Eh… hyung, don’t do that. It wasn’t your fault. Come on, we’re reaching soon,” Jonghyun told me and pushed me faster. He was almost running by the time we stopped outside the office that said ‘Dr. Kim Juhyeon’. Scary experience I just had…

“Dr. Kim! Is Taemin here?” Jonghyun asked, slightly panicked.

“Yes he is. I’m trying to diagnose him now so keep quiet. And he’s still unconscious,” Dr. Kim announced from the other side of the curtains.

Jonghyun started pacing around the room and finally sat down on the chair, playing around with his fingers nervously. I knew that after the second month, it was hard to have a miscarriage. But it’s possible. Anything is.

After what seemed like forever, Dr. Kim walked towards the both of us.

“He was just exhausted and a little too stressed out. And he had a slight fever. Nothing too serious, thank the heavens. Oh. Onew, you’re awake! Maybe that’s one of the reasons that he’s stressed out. I heard from nurses that you can’t remember anything. Is that true?” Dr. Kim asked me. I didn’t exactly know how to answer, so I just nodded.

“There you have it. He was probably worried about how he can help you to remember things more quickly. It’s ok; I’ve given him some vitamins, to be taken with his other vitamins. There’s some fever medicine for him too, and it’s safe for the triplets, so please assure him that it’s fine to eat the meds. He’ll wake up in an hour or two, so don’t worry. Right now, I’ll just ask the nurses to let him rest here. They can him back later when he wakes up,” Dr. Kim told us.

I shook my head indignantly.

“I’m staying by Taeminnie until he wakes up. When I was unconscious for the past seventeen months, he barely ever left me. And now, it’s my turn to do something for him in return. It fine for me to stay right?” I asked, not wanting to be chased out.

“Sure, if you don’t mind. Then don’t you have to eat your medicine around now?” Dr. Kim asked me. It was already late for breakfast, maybe around 12pm. I’ll just eat the porridge as lunch then.

“Thanks for reminding me! Jonghyun, you can stop pacing now. Even I’m getting dizzy just watching you,” I told him. He looked at me and nodded, plopping down onto the chair beside me and relaxing his entire body. He must have been freaked out when Tae just out like that.

“Thanks, Dr. Kim. I wouldn’t know what I would do if anything happened to Taemin. How would I have answered to all our sunbaes, Key, Minho, Onew hyung’s parents, Taemin’s parents, and our other friends?” Jonghyun asked, but more to himself.

I shook my head and smiled at him, telling him that he wouldn’t have been blamed. If anyone were to be blamed, it would have been me.

“Well I have to attend to my other patient who’s due for a Caesarean. I’ll see you guys in a few days then,” Dr. Kim told us, waved, and walked out of the room quickly.

“Jonghyun, you can leave if you want to. You know that I’ll take care of Taeminnie. Don’t worry, leave it to me. You were supposed to get some rest anyway,” I told him, trying to get him to go back and rest. He shook his head adamantly.

“Hyung, you know that I’m dead worried. But I haven’t eaten yet. Do you want to come with me? It’s not as if you’re allowed to eat here now and you contacted Heechul hyung right? He’s in the canteen waiting for news,” Jonghyun told me.

It’s not as if waiting here would do me or Tae any good. And I’m sure he wouldn’t want me to compromise my health for his sake, so I nodded. Jonghyun wheeled me out of the room and headed towards the canteen quickly. Heechul hyung must be worried sick.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

“Heechul hyung!”

He turned to us with a worried expression on his face.

Heechul hyung came across to me as a strong person – usually. Right now, he looked like a lost kid who just wanted to find his umma and be in her safe embrace again.

He rushed to us before we could get to him and immediately demanded an explanation.

“He had a slight fever and fainted because he was stressed out and might not have gotten enough rest. It’s my fault, I know. I promise that this will never happen again, really,” I bowed and apologised. Heechul hyung’s eyes widened and he shook his head.

“Onew, it isn’t your fault. Don’t keep blaming yourself,” Heechul hyung told me. I just sighed, looked up and nodded at him. I knew from what I heard when I was unconscious that Heechul hyung doesn’t like showing his feelings much. If he said something like this, he really meant it.

“Ok hyung. You want to eat with us?” I invited. He smiled and declined, saying that he had to return to work. Then he left and it was just me and Jonghyun again.

“Hyung, stay here and eat while I get some food. Want any drinks?” Jonghyun asked.

“I’m not sure what I’m allowed to drink…” I contemplated this for a moment. “Just get me some hot chocolate. I think that should be fine right? And it’s moving into autumn already, so I feel a little cold,” I reasoned. Jonghyun shrugged and went off to get his food.

I looked at the food carrier that Taeminnie had brought for me. It smelt so familiar that I wanted to cry for not remembering something like this.

I opened it and looked at its contents, breathing in the scent of the porridge.

I know this smell; this porridge.

I think my umma made it for me in the past. It was the reason why I love chicken so much – because of this wonderful ginseng chicken.

As I expected, it was made by my umma. There was a note hanging off the side of the carrier’s handle addressed to me. I plucked it off and opened the note, scrutinizing the tiny words carefully scribbled onto it.

The note read:

“Jinki-ah, we heard from Taemin that you’ve woken up. The moment I heard the great news, I began to plan what I would cook for you once you got back. But then Taemin also told us that you’ve lost your memory. I was heartbroken.

It’s because of your amnesia that I decided to cook ginseng chicken. You would never forget umma’s home-cooked ginseng chicken porridge right? Why do you think you love chicken so much if it weren’t for this porridge?

I’ve asked Taemin to bring your childhood toys, even that phone which you bit the antenna off of. And there’s your favourite power rangers toy from when you were five. Has he shown it to you yet? Can you remember it?

Can you remember umma and appa?

Even if you can’t remember us now, we know you will eventually. Just don’t stress yourself too much. Umma and appa will visit you in a few days, when we’ve fully come to terms with the fact that you might not remember us. Till then, Taemin will be our messenger so be nice to him.

See you soon, Jinki.

Lots of love,

Umma”

I teared up while reading the note from umma. Yeah, sure, I don’t remember her face, but I remember what she’s done. She brought me to school and fetched me, even till I was sixteen. She could never think of me as a grownup, especially since I was so prone to getting into accidents.

When I got together with Tae, she supported us all the way.

Where do you find an umma like that?

I’m sorry for causing you so much pain, umma. I promise I’ll remember you soon.

I scooped a little of the porridge onto my spoon, blew onto it, and ate it slowly.

It tasted so familiar, so much a part of my childhood.

Dammit, why can’t I remember anything? If I could remember, less people would be hurt – Taeminnie, my parents, my close friends.

Right now, I just focused on savouring the deliciousness of the porridge. I set all my worries aside for another day. It isn’t worth my time worrying over. What should happen, it will happen. I know it.

I just ate the porridge, scoop by scoop, until Jonghyun came back with my hot chocolate.

“Here, hyung. How’s the porridge?” Jonghyun asked while handing me the warm cup.

“Awesome as always,” I grinned at him. He seemed to be shocked for a moment.

“What do you mean ‘awesome as always’? You remember the taste of your umma’s ginseng chicken porridge?” Jonghyun asked me. I stared at him blankly and nodded. “Yes! Your memory’s starting to come back! Within no time, you’ll be able to remember everything!”

“Yeah. So how’s life been without me? I mean I wouldn’t know what your usual life is like but I just want to know,” I tried to start up a casual conversation. I think it worked.

“Minho’s been ing on about how he should have the right to see Taemin. He does, but only at our singing practices which is really seldom nowadays. What can we do without our leader and lead singer?” Jonghyun asked.

I smiled at him apologetically. “You’ve been taking my position as the leader in the dorm these few months, haven’t you?” I asked.

“Of course I have to. As the second oldest in the group, it’s only expected of me that I step up while you were in that state. I think you know that Taemin’s been sleeping at your house ever since he got pregnant. He didn’t want to live in fear, thinking that Minho would do something to him again. And Key… he’s been worried about both you and Taemin, yeah, but he knows how Taemin can be. It was kind of his fault anyway, so he just took responsibility for it. Taemin’s been ignoring him since three and a half months ago,” Jonghyun told me.

“It was something about Key nearly causing Tae to have a miscarriage right?” I asked. I remember something from when I was in a coma, but it was pretty vague. “And of course Taeminnie’s scared of Minho, since that bastard was the one who him. Which reminds me; Do Key and Minho know that I’m awake?” I questioned.

“Nope. Taemin told me not to tell Key since we all know how much he can accidentally blabber out. But apart from all that, you’re right about other things. Do you remember them in detail or do you just remember that it happened?”

“Just that it happened. The details are somewhere, but I have no idea where. So basically, they’ve not talked to each other in so long?”

Jonghyun shook his head and sighed, deciding to end the conversation since it was so depressing. I have to agree, it wasn’t nice finding out thing like this.

“Just one thing I find really confusing though,” Jonghyun suddenly said. We had almost finished eating our meal and was about to head back to the office.

“Yeah?”

“That doctor I nearly beat up looked really familiar, but I can’t remember who he is. You have any idea?” he asked me. I know I saw the man’s nametag, but his name just wouldn’t come to mind right now. This is so annoying.

After we finished eating, Jonghyun wheeled me into Dr. Kim’s office again to wait for Taeminnie to wake up. It only took us about an hour to eat and talk about some random happenings in the past which I can neither remember nor comprehend. Having amnesia .

Again, we chatted about what had happened before.

I still don’t remember the things that he talked about.

Yunhanam? Park Jisun noona who stole like 30,000 won from Minho? And lied down in my bed while rolling around and pretending to have with me? Ok, that was just plain scary and like a stalker but I still don’t remember.

Sigh.

Since I still wasn’t fully recovered – duh, I just woke up yesterday – I decided to sleep for a while and let my body have some rest. Jonghyun said that he would wake me up when Tae gets out, so I thanked him and let myself doze off.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

—Taemin’s POV—

What on earth happened to me? I think I out.

Oh yeah, I did. And hyung used vulgarities. He told me not to but he did? Traitor!

I tried to open my eyes and yes, I succeeded.

Standing in the room was a nurse. Oh wait. It’s my real umma. Crap.

Where am I anyway?

I looked around the room and noticed the familiar layout. The table, chairs and equipment were all in their proper places. I was in Dr. Kim’s office. And I think I was lying down on her examination table. Or whatever that thing’s called.

I slowly turned to face my umma and sat up. , she saw me.

As she came over to help me up, I saw the deadly glare on her face. I’m dead aren’t I?

“Lee Taemin, what have I told you about tiring yourself out? Why do you have a slight fever? Is it very nice to make others worry about you? You think I don’t know that Jinki's awake already? And have you told the other members?” she bombarded me with questions.

I was kind of lost after she mentioned slight fever. Well too bad I didn’t know anything about that. Sure I know I was tired, why else would I faint?

“Umma, I’m still a little dizzy so can you stop raising your voice at me?” I asked weakly.

Kidding! I was just lying to get myself out of the mess. Kekeke.

“Oh, really? I’m sorry then. Come on, Jonghyun and Jinki are waiting outside for you,” she told me and helped me out. The moment I heard that hyung was waiting for me, I was happy and worried at the same time. What if he collapses too?! I mean sure, I’m pregnant, but he just woke up from a seventeen-month long coma!

“Arasso,” I answered and stood up, my legs still feeling a little wobbly but I could manage.

Umma stood beside me just in case I stumble, which is quite likely to happen since I can’t even see my feet. Hmm…

When I got out, I saw Onew hyung in a wheelchair, his eyes closed.

For a moment, I thought he had fainted too.

“Onew hyung? Yah, wake up,” I called. Jonghyun hyung noticed that I was already out and he helped me onto the chair that he just vacated.

“Glad to see that you’re fine, Taemin. Dr. Kim gave you some extra vitamins to take with the others and she also gave you some fever medicine,” Jonghyun hyung informed me, holding the two bottles out to show me. I shook my head stubbornly.

“Are you sure the fever medicine is safe?” I asked, rubbing my stomach protectively. It was an unconscious action, I swear. It just seems normal to do this now.

“Dr. Kim instructed me to tell you that it’s perfectly safe for pregnant people. Her previous two male patients used it before and their babies were born healthily. Come on,” hyung held the two bottles out, waiting for me to take them from him.

“So what’s with Onew hyung?” I asked nonchalantly and took the bottles from him. At least I tried to sound normal. But obviously, Jonghyun hyung saw through it as usual. How could I not be worried when Onew hyung’s on a wheelchair with his eyes closed?

“Don’t worry; he’s just sleeping. He felt a little tired and since he’s still recovering, I let him rest for a while. Mind waking him up for me?” Jonghyun hyung asked since I was sitting closer to Onew hyung. I smiled at him, saying that I didn’t mind doing so a single bit. Then I grabbed Onew hyung’s shoulder and shook him lightly.

“Hyung~! Wake up!” I shouted into his ear. He literally jumped in shock and turned to look at me. When he noticed who it was, he relaxed and grinned, rubbing his eyes groggily.

“Taeminnie, you’re awake!” he chirped.

“You’re awake too!” I mimicked his tone. This is fun.

“Hi Jinki. I’m Taemin’s umma. Do you remember me?” umma asked. I completely forgot about her presence in the room. Oops.

Onew hyung looked at her, raised a brow, and shook his head.

“Well just know that I’m Taemin’s mother. Has he told the other members that you’re awake yet?” umma asked. I mentally face-palmed myself. Why did she have to poke her nose into every single matter that concerned me?

Much to me and Jonghyun hyung’s relief, Onew hyung nodded and smiled at her.

“Don’t worry Mrs. Lee. Tae would never hide such a big thing from the others. They’ll visit me soon, so it’s ok, you don’t have to call them down,” hyung told her. It was a seamless lie, really. Hyung must have known the secret then.

Umma nodded and returned to work after kissing me on the cheek.

“Taeminnie, your umma is… overbearing. How the heck do you even live with her?” hyung asked me once umma was out of earshot.

Frankly speaking, I agree with him. So how did I ever live with umma before I became an idol? I shrugged and gave him the ‘I have no idea’ look.

“She asks about everything! It’s a good thing Jonghyun told me about the Key incident. And of course I already know about the Minho incident. Let’s get back to my room. It feels cozier in there,” hyung suggested.

I know right? After going there almost everyday since you’ve been in a coma, it feels like my fourth home. First would be my real home, second is our dorm, third is Onew hyung’s home and fourth would be his hospital room.

“Let’s go,” I agreed and stood up.

I feel sorry for Jonghyun hyung now. He has to push Onew hyung and watch out for me.

“Jonghyun hyung,” I called him. He was somewhere behind me since he had to watch me.

“Yeah?”

“I’ll be fine so stop staring at me as if I’m going to fall any minute. I won’t. I’ve become accustomed to walking around with a few extra kg on my stomach,” I told him. I know he won’t agree with me but it was worth a shot.

“You know I won’t do that. Besides, we’re almost there,” Jonghyun hyung told me. I sighed. He would never change his overprotectiveness. Ever since he became in charge of me instead of Key umma, he took on the motherly characteristics. Oh well.

When we entered the room, I noticed a fresh bouquet of flowers on the table. And I think there was someone in the toilet. There were a few bags scattered on the floor. Six of them.

“Who’s there?” I called.

“It’s Seobie~! I brought the boys here to visit Onew hyung. You don’t mind do you?” Seob hyung asked worriedly. He was always afraid of making mistakes.

“Nope! Where’s the rest of them?” I asked.

Seob hyung came out of the toilet and smiled. “I think they’re in the canteen. They’ll be back in a few. Hi Onew hyung! I know you don’t remember me, so I’ll introduce myself. I’m Yang Yoseob, the main vocalist of a boyband called B2ST. I’m also the visual maknae and one of Taemin’s favourite hyungs!” he exclaimed elatedly.

“Nice to meet you. I’m sorry that I don’t remember you and I can’t exactly introduce myself since I bet you know more about me than I do. But thanks for visiting me,” Onew hyung said and smiled at Seob hyung. We’re off to a good start.

“You’re welcome,” Seob hyung replied. “Oh! The others are back already,” Seob hyung’s face brightened up visibly. Sure, of course it did. He spotted his beloved Doojoon hyung.

“Seobie!” Doojoon hyung came in and hugged Seob hyung lovingly. Then he kissed Seob hyung’s crown and ruffled the latter’s hair playfully, causing Seob hyung to pout.

“Joonie… my hair…” Seob hyung whined. I just laughed at their childishness. But it was sweet.

“Onew hyung, annyeong!” Gikwang hyung greeted. Onew hyung stared at them, waiting for an intro to who they are.

“Oh, I almost forgot to introduce ourselves,” Doojoon hyung said, clearing his throat. “Hana, dul, set.”

“So~ BEAST! Annyeong haseyo, B2ST imnida,” they shouted.

“I’m Yoon Doojoon, the leader and boyfriend of Yoseob,” Doojoon hyung began.

“I’m Jang Hyunseung, the 4D prince, lead vocalist and lead dancer. I’m also one of the divas in the group and the boyfriend of Junhyung,” Hyunseung hyung said, gesturing to Junhyung hyung.

“Annyeong haseyo, I’m Yong Junhyung. I’m the main rapper and the other diva. I’m the boyfriend of Hyunseung,” Junhyung hyung said before he added, “I’m the joker~.”

“Annyeong haseyo, I already introduced myself,” Seob hyung waved cutely with both hands. Aww, Seob hyung is really too adorable to resist!

“Annyeong haseyo, Lee Gikwang imnida. I’m the main dancer and the visual of the group. I’m also the boyfriend of Dongwoon,” he pointed to Dongwoon hyung.

“Annyeong haseyo, I’m Son Dongwoon. I’m the maknae and Arab prince. I’m also the boyfriend of Gikwang,” Dongwoon hyung finished off the introductions.

“Let me try to remember. Yoseob,” Onew hyung started from the left. “Doojoon, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Dongwoon, Gikwang. Am I right?” Onew hyung asked. We all nodded, happy that he could at least match their faces with their names.

Onew hyung then kept scrutinizing the bouquet.

Hyunseung hyung noticed Onew hyung staring at the flowers first, so he took the initiative to explain the significance of the flowers to hyung.

“We bought some yarrows cause the florist suggested it to us. And we just bought a dozen since there isn’t a number to represent ‘get well soon’. Hehe,” Hyunseung hyung grinned to himself creepily. Umm… ok…?

I remember these flowers. Hyung pointed them out to me on our anniversary a year back.

Just as I thought of that time, Onew hyung started to howl in pain again.

“Not again…” I mumbled, hurriedly pressing the button to call the nurses.

And just like yesterday, Onew hyung clutched his head while shouting for the pain to stop.

When the nurses came in, they gave him a sedative and he fell asleep again.

When I turned to face the B2ST hyungs, they were stricken with horror.

“Let’s discuss this in the canteen,” I said and dragged them out with Jonghyun hyung’s help.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

“What just happened?” Dongwoon hyung asked.

“It’s just that his head hurts a lot when he tries to remember something. Don’t worry, it isn’t your fault. In fact, I’m glad that you jolted his memory about his knowledge on flowers. That’s one less thing for me to get him to remember,” I joked, trying to ease the tense mood.

“But if we hadn’t bought those yarrows, he wouldn’t have been in so much pain. This is our fault,” Junhyung hyung sighed. I resisted the urge to slap some sense into them. How was getting Onew hyung to remember something a bad thing?

“Guys, think of it this way. You helped Onew hyung to remember something. I’m sure he’d rather be in pain for a few minutes and get his memory back as opposed to losing a vital part of his life forever. So just stop blaming yourselves already. I’m quite annoyed by your unnecessary repentance. It honestly wasn’t a bad thing,” Jonghyun hyung seemed to know exactly what I was thinking and helped me to rant about it.

“Jonghyun’s right. We can’t keep Onew from hurting if he’s going to remember something. Why are you guys blaming yourselves for helping Onew? You should be praising yourselves for a job well done, not wallow in some unneeded self-pity. Be a real man and stop being depressed about doing a good deed already,” Doojoon hyung joined in.

“Jonghyun hyung and Joonie’s right. We helped Onew hyung, so why are we sad? Come on, let’s go for a hwaiting,” Seob hyung suggested, placing his hand in the center of the table. I put my hand on top of his and Jonghyun hyung did as well, followed by Doojoon hyung and the others.

“Hana, dul, set, HWAITING!”

We decided that we should return to check up on Onew hyung and tomorrow, I would bring some clothes for him to change into. The B2ST hyungs followed us back into the room and we chatted about their current activities. They just finished promoting their single recently and were currently venturing into japan again.

“How about you guys? Does SM or Youngmin have anything in store for you? I mean I know Onew hyung just woke up but knowing the type of person that Kim Youngmin is, he won’t let Onew hyung rest,” Hyunseung hyung said.

You got that right. Ever since Youngmin hyung became the CEO of SM Ent, he seemed to work the SuJu hyungs even harder than before. And not to mention the fact that the ‘Mr. Simple’ album made of cardboard was more expensive than the ‘The Boys’ album that was made of metal. Youngmin hyung may be one of our managers, but he exploited the ELF.

“I have to agree but maybe he’s decided to change a little. Who knows?” I shrugged.

“I doubt so. Key just sent me a text saying that we’ll comeback in a month after you give birth – but only if Onew hyung is already awake. That’s a good thing cause that’s still some time from now. And although I doubt Youngmin hyung knows, but he may find out that Onew hyung’s already awake soon. We have to hide this secret as long as we can,” Jonghyun hyung told me. I nodded.

“Why are the lives of SM Ent idols so hard? I mean Heechul umma may have defended the company when there were rumours about the slave contract, but I disagree with him. It seems that they really want us to suffer and not have any rest at all,” I said agitatedly.

The thought of them forcing me to return to work a month after giving birth was really crazy. It takes time for me to get my slim body back and for me to work my muscles back into shape. Same goes for Onew hyung. Why do they have to push us so hard?

“Chill, Taemin. You don’t need anything to happen to you right?” Seob hyung asked as he rubbed my back in circles.

“Of course I don’t but the thought of having to return to work when my babies are only a month old really sickens me. Why can’t they think more about their idols and less about the money they earn?” I questioned incredulously.

“They’re just like that. Oh, look at the time! It’s already 2pm! We have to go back now, Taemin. We’ll visit you and Onew hyung another day. See you!” Dongwoon hyung stood up to leave. The other members followed him and told me to take care of myself.

“Thanks hyungs!”

After they left, Jonghyun hyung decided to bring me back to rest. Nowadays, I don’t stay at the hospital after 4pm since I go back and sleep first. After I wake up, I’ll eat dinner and watch TV with umma and appa before I go to sleep again at around 11pm. Hey, I’m in my fifth month. You can’t blame me for being even more tired and worn out. Besides, umma and appa are really nice and help me to massage my sore feet even though I constantly refuse their help.

When Jonghyun hyung dropped me off, he passed the two bottles of medicine to me and reminded me to eat them regularly.

“But you don’t have to finish all the fever meds. I’ll pop by at the hospital in a day or two. Bye!” Jonghyun hyung waved and drove off.

I walked into the house and greeted umma and appa before eating my medicines and going to sleep.

Onew hyung, please remember everything soon.

I don’t want Minho hyung to find out and take advantage of the situation before you remember everything about what he’s done.

“See you tomorrow hyung,” I smiled bitterly to myself and went to sleep.

 

 

 

 

whee~~ another chapter's out!! :D

so what's gonna happen in the next chapter? find out soon~! ^^

comments are loved and I'll probably update next wk :)

Bye~~~~~ XD